Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Pato just scored a goal for Corinthians against Tijuana.

Glad to see that dude is still alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LT.CrownRoast
Mar 20, 2009

by XyloJW

El Hefe posted:

Pato just scored a goal for Corinthians against Tijuana.

Glad to see that dude is still alive.

Hope Tijuana pull off another win.

edit: 0-2 down at the half :(

LT.CrownRoast fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 14, 2013

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Yeah and looks like I jinxed it because he was promptly subbed off, poor Pato he's just so broken.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

El Hefe posted:

Yeah and looks like I jinxed it because he was promptly subbed off, poor Pato he's just so broken.

He literally cannot last a full game, it's insane.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gigi Galli posted:

He literally cannot last a full game, it's insane.

He's been in every game so far in the Libertadores. Scored 3 goals now? He's been solid, and got the starting job from Emerson after the first or second game. We'll see if he's hurt or not.

Edit: I hear Corinthians fans! :dance:

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 14, 2013

LT.CrownRoast
Mar 20, 2009

by XyloJW

Volkerball posted:

He's been in every game so far in the Libertadores. Scored 3 goals now? He's been solid, and got the starting job from Emerson after the first or second game. We'll see if he's hurt or not.

haha at least they werent banned for this match. 0-3 tijuana, it was nice knowing you.

edit: at least there are two more group games and Tijuana is still in first after this (i think). :P

LT.CrownRoast fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 14, 2013

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Volkerball posted:

Im happy he's scoring and playing but I feel like it's only a matter of time.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Anyone watching Atletico Mineiro - Arsenal? What a loving disgrace what's happening at the end, why must this always happen in SA?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

El Hefe posted:

Anyone watching Atletico Mineiro - Arsenal? What a loving disgrace what's happening at the end, why must this always happen in SA?

I thought that everything would be under control and die down, and some insane Arsenal player then just ran up and kicked the riot shield one of the policemen was holding. It all went downhill from there.

On the other hand, Ronaldinho makes it look so easy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEAoLEFAF18

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

loving wow, that's such a pretty goal.

What happened in the end? Fight against the cops?

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

Drogadon posted:

What happened in the end? Fight against the cops?

The Arsenal players rushed to the ref to complain, and the police surrounded the ref to protect him, as usual. Then an Arsenal player decided that it would be a good idea to jumpkick a police officer riot shield EDIT: after being nicely "prodded" by a police baton. Unfortunately for them, they were in Minas Gerais, known for the truculency of its military police force.

The cops reacted by forcing the Arsenal players back to their locker room, using their trademarked persuasion skills, which involves riot shields, indiscriminate usage of batons and a couple of rubber bullets. Once inside the locker room, chairs were thrown out, hitting some cops and journalists.

Quoting the officer in charge: "What happened was a criminal conduct that's outside the scope of the football match. They can be arrested."

Here's the video The fight scenes start at the 2:00 mark.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Stupid delayed flight, I've missed all of this! Early today I was thinking that next week is going to be full on drama but it seems that Grondona's team decided to start early.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Aww man, if I would've known Mineiro was playing, I would've watched it too! :sigh: I gotta do a better job of keeping an eye on the schedule. Ronaldino and Bernard look unstoppable.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
Nacional fans have a new flag (600x50 metres):

Nacional is beating Toluca 3-0 right now.

Edit: make it 4-0

Polidoro fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 5, 2013

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Thanks Nacional for helping Boca to qualify to the next round :)

Scocco scored two nice goals today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxOCLL-eGBw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEv4NvcQmLs

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

sponge would own me in soccer :(
Nacional and Peñarol both suck but oh boy do they have big flags!

professor muthafukkah
Feb 27, 2006

oh lord...

El Hefe posted:

Argentinians.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
I don't think the answer is that simple. Maybe it's a mixture between inexperienced teams without the knowledge of how manage this kind of situations, (from having your own security and filming everything to schooling the players how to react when this happens), exaggerated rivalry against the visiting team and a overzealous police force that doesn't work to prevent or minimize violence but contribute to make it worse (like having policemen with shotguns inside the field).

Lots of other Argentinian teams played in Brazil and Brazilian teams here and never had any problem bigger than a dispute between a couple of players easily fixed with red cards.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

hecko posted:

I don't think the answer is that simple. Maybe it's a mixture between inexperienced teams without the knowledge of how manage this kind of situations, (from having your own security and filming everything to schooling the players how to react when this happens), exaggerated rivalry against the visiting team and a overzealous police force that doesn't work to prevent or minimize violence but contribute to make it worse (like having policemen with shotguns inside the field).

Lots of other Argentinian teams played in Brazil and Brazilian teams here and never had any problem bigger than a dispute between a couple of players easily fixed with red cards.

Nevermind, you edited "here" to be clearer. Many other teams have gotten into these brawls (santos vs penarol, etc).

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I agree with hecko, having police in full riot gear and freaking shotguns (beanbag or not) is ridiculous and only serves to make things worse.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Yeah, and it certainly doesn't help that police response usually escalates too quickly. They're too used to heavy handed brutality in the first place.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah, it's better when police do nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moCWHAJf1ho

At least it's funnier.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Fights? Latin America? You guys are fans of El Loco Abreu, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rIrUeqZ8oY

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

If "being a fan" means "thinking he's a massive oval office" then yes, huge fan!

And since we're posting fight videos, Herediano vs LDA usually delivers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1HYL7F2Uk4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1UyuEmfGjE

The white haired old dude is Herediano's then coach Odir Jacques and he owns. Herediano's #7 is Bryan Ruiz's little brother.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

El Loco Abreu is the only player I would kill with my bare hands if I had the chance.

Now, for something less violent than what I'd like to do to Abreu, I give you one of the best fights of all time in Uruguay. Most of the players spent time in jail for this one and so did Peñarol's coach:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgZzrK8afAI&t=81s

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

What the hell is happening to Boca right now?

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

They spent more money than they should have bringing back Riquelme (from Europe, not this last retirement) and now the entire team is poo poo.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
They also lost some players from their previous squad. Cvitanich was only on loan, and now he's back in France with 13 goals in 22 league games.

professor muthafukkah
Feb 27, 2006

oh lord...
Tomorrow there's going to be a pretty good game, São Paulo x Atlético Mineiro. Atlético are the best team in Libertadores at the moment and really have nothing to play for, while São Paulo has had a pretty embarrassing run so far, losing to both The Strongest (BOL) and Arsenal de Saradi (ARG). São Paulo is basically hosed, especially since Luís Fabiano and Jádson wont be playing, but more importantly since its Atlético Mineiro. Not only do they need to win, but Arsenal needs to beat The Strongest also for São Paulo to go through. As a neutral, I believe Atlético will win by atleast 2 goals, but as a São Paulo supporter I... :smith:.

edit: Oh!! Another thing, if São Paulo miraculously pass through to the next stage, we will probably get paired up with...guess who? Atlético.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Boca got really lucky that Barcelona was able to beat Nacional...

Now to watch Sao Paolo v Mineiro :)

Wait wtf Fox Sports HD are going to show Arsenal v The Strongest instead gently caress me

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

sponge would own me in soccer :(
A fantastic goal scored this weekend in Uruguay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew6Ezt8Wayo

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Leoz resigned as president of CONMEBOL and the new president is Eugenio Figueredo. Leoz said he is very tired (and very under investigation for selling his vote to Qatar) so he called it quits.

CONMEBOL didn't get less corrupt with this change.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Got home early today from class and got to see the start of the Xolos Palmeiras game. Glad to see some of the americans players on Xolos to get the start.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oh poo poo, Boca and Corinthians tomorrow night. Thanks for bumping the thread. Can't miss that one.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Boca - River this Sunday too I think.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

More importantly (not): Nacional - Peñarol is on this Sunday too.

A curious fact: None of the teams playing the biggest match of the first half of the year in UY are allowed to train tomorrow because it's May 1st and the player's union is a member of the PIT-CNT (a federation of most of the worker's unions) and they won't let them work on May 1st.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Now I'm a socio I got tickets to Boca - Corinthians just by paying 70 pesos ( less than US$ 10). It been like 5 years since the last time got to see them play.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
So apparently Sao Paulo is upset that Atletico Mineiro was granted its request that the ref for thursday not be Brazilian. The fact that this is an issue at all speaks volumes about how much each side trusts conmebol and cbf.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Sweet sopcast stream for Boca - Corinthians is here: sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/143877

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Thanks for reminding me, forgot that it was today.

hecko posted:

Now I'm a socio I got tickets to Boca - Corinthians just by paying 70 pesos ( less than US$ 10). It been like 5 years since the last time got to see them play.

I hope you bring them luck. Boca being on such a bad streak is terrible, regardless of being protected of relegation by the 3 year system.