Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheAbominableSnow posted:

I come bearing gifts.

Can I get an upgrade? I think it suits my simmering rage quite perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

Can I get an upgrade? I think it suits my simmering rage quite perfectly.

Hell no. I already get a headache when you post.

I kid...maybe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Die Laughing posted:

Hell no. I already get a headache when you post.

I kid...maybe.

Now you done it.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
This thread gets weird when everyone suddenly has the same avatar. Also since people are posting stuff from this weeks 2000AD, can we get the panel from Zombo with the blue beatles piss take guy threatening to commit the perfect crime on the reporter?

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
The Glaswegian version of John Lennon you mean?

2000AD 1826

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

TheAbominableSnow posted:

I come bearing gifts.

I am angry! Angry about Spider-Man!!!

This is really the best thing.:allears:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Oh God get Spinning Jameson Head #1 in front of a counter-clockwise-spinning Hypno-Spiral and you'll have the ultimate in horrifyingly trippy Avatars.

I feel a bit queasy now.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

...master...

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Gorilla Salad posted:

I feel a bit queasy now.

OH GOD I MUST FIND A WAY TO AVATARIZE THIS

All will bow down before my hatred of Spider-Man!

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

What If? Dr. Octopus had been brainswapped with JJ Jameson?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I don't think you can. There's so much movement between each frame that there's no real room to optimise it. It only has 8 colours and 13 frames, any fewer and it looks like arse. Any smaller and it loses its effect because you can barely make out JJJ or the spiral effect :(

I'd love to make the head get bigger and smaller as it spins, but that's way too much work for something that will probably never fit into the size restrictions of an avatar.

EDIT - oh god, what have I done! Don't stare at the spot between his eyebrows!

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 7, 2013

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Yes, I hear and obey. The spider will die.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Spider-Man dies. Yes, master. A giant assfuck coffee too...

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

My God, this time Mysterio has gone too far!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What WOULD they do?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

muscles like this? posted:

What WOULD they do?
Throw poo poo at Richard Nixon, like any civilized race.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Gorilla Salad posted:

I don't think you can. There's so much movement between each frame that there's no real room to optimise it. It only has 8 colours and 13 frames, any fewer and it looks like arse. Any smaller and it loses its effect because you can barely make out JJJ or the spiral effect :(

I'd love to make the head get bigger and smaller as it spins, but that's way too much work for something that will probably never fit into the size restrictions of an avatar.

I'm coming to this conclusion myself, after poking around with it a bit. It makes me sad. :(

quote:

EDIT - oh god, what have I done! Don't stare at the spot between his eyebrows!

Now imagine that on Ringmaster's hat.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Preacher: One Man's War.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Huh. I wanted to add this to the memorial cartoons collection, but it turns out that Preacher was actually a 90's comic (which makes sense in retrospect)

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Jameson has a long and storied history of pulling off a rage face. Context is obvious, but She-Hulk is dating Jameson's son. Jameson does not approve.

I forget the source, unfortunately:

If Jameson ever dies, it should be from a rage induced embolism. Because holy poo poo, that face looks like it should be in a horror game, snapping its teeth at you as it comes out of the darkness.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 9, 2013

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
How is it that, with all the flak the "boobs 'n' butt" pose gets, Spidey gets a free ride for doing the Linda Blair thing while taking a photo?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Are you seriously asking that?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
You know what, yes, I am. Matters of sexism, "the artist has never actually seen a real live girl" and good taste aside, skeletal elasticity seems to be a thing in comics. Can spiders spin their heads 180 degrees? Is it o.k. because it's Jameson's paranoid delusion? I want a canonical answer to rule out the possibility that the artist doesn't understand anatomy.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Archonex posted:

Jameson has a long and storied history of pulling off a rage face. Context is obvious, but She-Hulk is dating Jameson's son. Jameson does not approve.

If Jameson ever dies, it should be from a rage induced embolism. Because holy poo poo, that face looks like it should be in a horror game, snapping its teeth at you as it comes out of the darkness.

Civil War #2, I think.

And the Mighty God King version, because I haven't posted any of it lately.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Archonex posted:

Holy poo poo the nerdy little hulk dude is amazing.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sizone posted:

You know what, yes, I am. Matters of sexism, "the artist has never actually seen a real live girl" and good taste aside, skeletal elasticity seems to be a thing in comics. Can spiders spin their heads 180 degrees? Is it o.k. because it's Jameson's paranoid delusion? I want a canonical answer to rule out the possibility that the artist doesn't understand anatomy.
Because while keeping a character's face, and therefore expression and large source of personality and tone, visible at an angle that you really shouldn't be able to see it is a poor compositional choice, it's not quite as poor or sexist a choice as keeping a characters boobs and butt visible as those parts of the body do not perform anywhere near the same function as a face in human communication.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Archonex posted:

I dunno. That sequence of his face changing looks like he's practically hulking out himself-you could practically colour each one more and more green. I'm actually hearing the theme from the various Hulk cartoons as I'm watching him.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Ghostlight posted:

Because while keeping a character's face, and therefore expression and large source of personality and tone, visible at an angle that you really shouldn't be able to see it is a poor compositional choice, it's not quite as poor or sexist a choice as keeping a characters boobs and butt visible as those parts of the body do not perform anywhere near the same function as a face in human communication.

TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE ANSWER. Thank you.

Except, what about the large percentage of super heroes who keep their identity concealed behind masks?

Sizone fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Apr 9, 2013

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Also, most comic artists just aren't great with anatomy in general. But because of deadlines, they really don't have time to reference every pose. They draw what they think looks cool, which is pretty much their entire job description.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Everybody post funny panels not dumb derails.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

You'd think Jameson would find it appropriate that he'd be related to a rage powered hero.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Has giving Jameson hulk-powers been done already?

Because if not, they that'd be totally worth doing.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Superman 653: So Superman just got his powers back after Infinite Crisis, which is convenient because Luthor just managed to get his hands on a Kryptonian sunstone to make a warship (which, by the way, is an infinitely better use of a sunstone than making that loving Anticlimax Island from Superman Returns). Anyway, Superman starts to gain the upper hand until Lex reveals he can just turn the whole thing into kryptonite. So Superman just goes for broke:

That little "I hate you" moment is great, and just one of the reasons Up, Up, And Away is like my favorite Superman arc probably ever.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Kurt Busiek is a very good writer, and I will fight anybody who disagrees

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Kurt Busiek is a very good writer, and I will fight anybody who disagrees

The only bad thing I can say about him is he properly should have left Avengers sooner than he did, but I say the same thing about Bendis.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That and the fact that there isn't way more Astro City out there.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Quality over quantity, fella.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Trinity was bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Source unknown.

• Locked thread