Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Goog posted:

Part two!!! Part two part two part two part two!

We talked about everything else that happened over WrestleMania weekend, and now I, MRT, Nut Bunnies, KFG and HulkaMatt spend an hour going over WrestleMania itself.

"Did anyone with any intelligence say anything?"

"No, because they don't have any intelligence."

Sounds like some solid reasoning.

Edit: After listening to the whole podcast, I've come to the conclusion that I shouldn't listen to this podcast.

rotinaj fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

rotinaj posted:

Edit: After listening to the whole podcast, I've come to the conclusion that I shouldn't listen to this podcast.

Why's that?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm not a big fan of some of the random mudslinging and bashing done in the podcast. Now, I didn't watch Wrestlemania so I can't exactly say whether or not a match was good or bad, but I disagreed with a lot of the points made about other stuff, I didn't like that little exchange I quoted before, I didn't like the hosts bagging on people complaining about not being able to see from the seats they dropped a shitload of money from, or the hosts bagging on people complaining that the webcast didn't work when it's 2013 and expecting something as simple as streaming video to work, I didn't like the hosts bagging on people for just booing and being disappointed with the end of Cena/Rock instead of throwing poo poo at the wrestlers...

So, like I said, I think this was my first and last time listening.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rotinaj posted:

I'm not a big fan of some of the random mudslinging and bashing done in the podcast. Now, I didn't watch Wrestlemania so I can't exactly say whether or not a match was good or bad, but I disagreed with a lot of the points made about other stuff, I didn't like that little exchange I quoted before, I didn't like the hosts bagging on people complaining about not being able to see from the seats they dropped a shitload of money from, or the hosts bagging on people complaining that the webcast didn't work when it's 2013 and expecting something as simple as streaming video to work, I didn't like the hosts bagging on people for just booing and being disappointed with the end of Cena/Rock instead of throwing poo poo at the wrestlers...

So, like I said, I think this was my first and last time listening.

I don't remember any of us actually complaining about any of that. Granted I left a couple of times to use the bathroom or wander aimlessly (I had a loooooooooong weekend) but none of that sounds like anything anyone would say.

Edit: Well, technically I said part of the quote you originally posted (I have no idea what the context was) but the rest of it just sounds like things we were bullshitting about and not taking very seriously.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 8, 2013

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRanTer posted:

I don't remember any of us actually complaining about any of that. Granted I left a couple of times to use the bathroom or wander aimlessly (I had a loooooooooong weekend) but none of that sounds like anything anyone would say.

They were definitely making GBS threads on the people complaining about the seats. I don't remember the rest but I really wasn't bothered by any of it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

All of those things happened at some point and it was Nut Bunnies every time, but it was pretty clearly tongue-in-cheek I thought?

Probably also the Chikara stuff if I had to guess

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I was joking with the seats chat

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

They were definitely making GBS threads on the people complaining about the seats. I don't remember the rest but I really wasn't bothered by any of it.

Wow, that's weird. I honestly don't think I even knew there were obstructed views until after we recorded. I fully expect people to pull out quotes where I said that stuff.

...I am slowly realizing I don't remember anything I did last night.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The thing is, I'm just pointing out specific conversation topics because it's more illustrative than for me to say "The show wasn't fun to listen to" and "You didn't really entertain someone who didn't watch the event". I listen to a buttload of podcasts and this one just didn't do it for me. If I actually knew who any of these voices were, or the structure had a little more... structure, or if I had actually watched Wrestlemania and knew what you guys were talking about, rather than listening to the show in hopes that y'all would help me get what it was like to watch the event...

Listen, it's not you, it's me. I just think we should see other people. We can still be friends.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rotinaj posted:

The thing is, I'm just pointing out specific conversation topics because it's more illustrative than for me to say "The show wasn't fun to listen to" and "You didn't really entertain someone who didn't watch the event". I listen to a buttload of podcasts and this one just didn't do it for me. If I actually knew who any of these voices were, or the structure had a little more... structure, or if I had actually watched Wrestlemania and knew what you guys were talking about, rather than listening to the show in hopes that y'all would help me get what it was like to watch the event...

Listen, it's not you, it's me. I just think we should see other people. We can still be friends.

I don't have a problem with anyone not listening to the podcast, I just honestly didn't remember any of that coming up.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rotinaj posted:

best post/av combo

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Oh, I cannot wait for the Ten Count crew to talk about tonight.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Draga posted:

Oh, I cannot wait for the Ten Count crew to talk about tonight.

You what? But we just did a show last night...two shows, in fact! You can't honestly expect us to turn right back around and do a Ten Count, can you?

Oh, alright:

Topics! 1. Dolph Ziggler's the new World Heavyweight Champion!
2. And hey, Wade Barrett's the new Intercontinental Champion!
3. And yes, the crowd was insane tonight.
4. How long can we expect Undertaker to stay around?
5. What do we think of Ryback's crowd-beloved heel turn?
6. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Greg "The Hammer" Valentine
7. What do we think of NXT? Who among the roster has a future in WWE?
8. HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION TIME: You are the booker for [insert random indy here]. You have John Cena for one night, and one night only. What do you do with him?
9. FEUD OF THE WEEK: Christian vs. William Regal/Ezekiel Jackson
10. If you could eliminate one chant from wrestling, what would it be?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The board is a useless place on its good days, but the transphobia on there in recent weeks is getting to be too much. I just sent Bryan an email because Jesus Christ, it needs to stop.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

MassRanTer posted:

The board is a useless place on its good days, but the transphobia on there in recent weeks is getting to be too much. I just sent Bryan an email because Jesus Christ, it needs to stop.

I thought he was getting some mods to take care of that stuff. Also, I only visit the BOARD~! to see people get Dave'd.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

is that all because of the Fallon Fox situation? I've basically been avoiding any and all B-league MMA discussion because of that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jack Krauser posted:

I thought he was getting some mods to take care of that stuff. Also, I only visit the BOARD~! to see people get Dave'd.

He got some mods, but it hasn't really changed anything. The Fallon Fox situation is only making it worse.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

well, even more reason for me to never go to The Board, I guess!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There are technically two reasons
1) People getting Dave'd
2) Getting hot off the press Joe Gagne's Funtime Arcade episodes. :radcat:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

A poster of The Beatles has randomly appeared in my room.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRanTer posted:

Did they ever close down the jailbait thread?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Did they ever close down the jailbait thread?

I don't know but I went there last night just to read Ziggler reactions and there was a thread where someone claimed people only have a problem with Rob Feinstein because they're homophobic.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

sportsgenius86 posted:

If you don't get this, listen to the new Observer Radio.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't know but I went there last night just to read Ziggler reactions and there was a thread where someone claimed people only have a problem with Rob Feinstein because they're homophobic.

Don't go on the board dude, I was thinking about it last night but thought better of it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

I wonder what poster it replaced... it wasn't my Ali poster, anyway

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

njsykora posted:

If you don't get this, listen to the new Observer Radio.

When I have time I'm putting that in a song with the twilight zone theme.

I haven't sent in a song since the... "Dancing Queen" dilemma.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The only Greg Valentine match I've ever seen was him vs. King Kong Bundy from Heroes of Wrestling and that's the worst wrestling match I've ever seen.

Also NJPW clearly books John Cena against Bob Sapp, and AAA books him against Jeff Jarrett

oatgan fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Apr 9, 2013

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry

sportsgenius86 posted:

Top Ten WO moment of 2013, for sure

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Oh christ Meltzer certainly isn't exactly opposing those people on the board about Fallon Fox. He pretty much said Mitrione could've gotten away with what he said if he hadn't called her a freak.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

njsykora posted:

Oh christ Meltzer certainly isn't exactly opposing those people on the board about Fallon Fox. He pretty much said Mitrione could've gotten away with what he said if he hadn't called her a freak.

He's right though. I wouldn't take that as a statement on his feelings of appropriateness or whatever. Mitrione was probably at slap on the wrist level until the sick, disgusting, sociopathic freak part.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Apr 9, 2013

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Yeah, I don't necessarily think Dave is wrong when he says Mitrione would have been fine if he just left it at "I don't think Fallon Fox should be fighting women" and didn't go off on a rant about it.

Don't you have a little thing called freedom of speech in USA USA USA USA!

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I knew nothing about this story until reading about it in this thread and holy poo poo Matt Mitrione is an idiot I'm surprised at how smart UFC is being in how clear they're making it that this isn't cool and won't be tolerated.

The "should she be fighting women" question is a valid one to ask and could be used for the benefit of transgender awareness and understanding but this is combat sports so it'll probably only get worse.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Yeah, but people need to realize that when you say stupid poo poo, freedom of speech means others have the right to call you on your ignorance.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yeah, but people need to realize that when you say stupid poo poo, freedom of speech means others have the right to call you on your ignorance.

Oh yeah, again, I'm saying that Mitrione should be free to express his opinion that this woman shouldn't be fighting, not to go off and personally insult her and use slurs.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

I wonder what poster it replaced... it wasn't my Ali poster, anyway

This was goddamn magical.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Dave was so obviously thrown off his game by it, I'm sure he was thinking about it the entire show.

People don't normally come in my office, at least not much......anyway what were we talking about? RAW? The Rock?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Tato posted:

Dave was so obviously thrown off his game by it, I'm sure he was thinking about it the entire show.

People don't normally come in my office, at least not much......anyway what were we talking about? RAW? The Rock?

Paul McCartney's smug face just staring at him, the entire podcast, his little smirk in Dave's peripheral vision the whole time.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Mitrione would have been fine if he had just said, "Nah, at this point I don't think a person who has/is transitioning should be fighting women that's kinda messed up imo." But he got real transphobic real fast.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

You're all missing the big story: Vince liked the crowd last night!

He's probably glad to have a day where people entertain themselves and he doesn't need to work so hard.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Goog posted:

You what? But we just did a show last night...two shows, in fact! You can't honestly expect us to turn right back around and do a Ten Count, can you?

Oh, alright:

Topics! 1. Dolph Ziggler's the new World Heavyweight Champion!
2. And hey, Wade Barrett's the new Intercontinental Champion!
3. And yes, the crowd was insane tonight.
4. How long can we expect Undertaker to stay around?
5. What do we think of Ryback's crowd-beloved heel turn?
6. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Greg "The Hammer" Valentine
7. What do we think of NXT? Who among the roster has a future in WWE?
8. HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION TIME: You are the booker for [insert random indy here]. You have John Cena for one night, and one night only. What do you do with him?
9. FEUD OF THE WEEK: Christian vs. William Regal/Ezekiel Jackson
10. If you could eliminate one chant from wrestling, what would it be?

I just wanted to quickly say I think this is one of the best episodes we've done and is very much worth listening to, although no one has replaced my posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I have to say, I was bored when I clicked the link and LOVED the Punchcast - loved the WHAT? and "if you booked Cena in ....." bits!

Please get a itunes podcast asap!

Manwithastick fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 9, 2013

• Locked thread