Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Origami Dali posted:

Since 40% of Lifeforce consists of Mathilda May's bare breasts, that's all I really remember aside from the scene where Steve Railsback is hamming it up, hilariously trying to resist making out with Patrick Stewart on an operating table (who is possessed by Mathida May, who is a space vampire? It's been a while).

This led me to look up Mathilda May on imdb. I learned that she also starred in a film appropriately titled "The Tit & the Moon". It's about a 9 year old boy who is jealous of his new baby brother getting all of his mom's breast-attention. So, he wishes upon the moon to bring him the perfect pair of lactating breasts that he can call his very own. Enter Mathilda May's breasts.

I then saw the UK DVD cover and laughed for 5 minutes.

:psyduck:

Maybe this movie is well known/regarded and I've been out of the loop, but what the hell? Has anyone seen this? Is it as hilariously insane as it seems?

It's a really good movie, the director just died this week.

Also, fixed:

Mister Chief posted:

Memories of Murder always made good use of photography for their promotional material. It's secretly the best South Korean film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

New Star Trek Into Darkness poster

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Mondo poster for Kim Ki-Duk's latest, Pieta.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Vagabundo posted:

Yes, Mr. Cumberbatch. You do look quite fantastic against that backdrop of a ruined city. Now could we please get a different shot? No? Okay then.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Vagabundo posted:

Snore! It's Star Trek and I'm not excited to see it, way to go marketing department. In a time when something like The Avengers is a smash hit are they really so desperate to distance this series from anything 'geek sci-fi'? As long as it's still called Star Trek it will never escape that label anyway, may as well embrace it a little.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Darthemed posted:

A Charles Band Production

Does Mr Mandroid have no legs but threads instead?

This sounds like the basis of a 1980s cartoon or a pretty good composition for a sci-fi RPG party.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm not excited for it either :( The first one (reboot from a few years ago) was pretty good, but none of the trailers for this one have sold me on it. I'll probably go see it anyway, but I'm not pumped for it like I was the last one before it came out.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

The MSJ posted:

This sounds like the basis of a 1980s cartoon or a pretty good composition for a sci-fi RPG party.

See for yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKpSKzTzn-8

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

This has to be fake. Look at the clone stamping in the smoke clouds, or the terrible layer blending at the edges of EVERY OBJECT. I'm having a loving heart attack looking at these fauxtoshop pas!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The MSJ posted:

In one of the threads in the Traditional Games sub-forum, it's pretty much been called Rifts: the Movie.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

This has to be fake. Look at the clone stamping in the smoke clouds, or the terrible layer blending at the edges of EVERY OBJECT. I'm having a loving heart attack looking at these fauxtoshop pas!

I was just thinking the same thing. Those smoke clouds are atrocious.

edit: Not fake, done by BLT. That isn't too surprising. They've churned out some good stuff in the past but also a lot of crap.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Apr 9, 2013

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

I don't know what to tell you.

http://www.startrek.com/article/new-international-star-trek-into-darkness-posters

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Darthemed posted:

Charles Band is the unsung king of lovely movies. Everyone always goes with Troma or Corman but no, Charles Band is like the 100% guaranteed seal of poo poo. The relationship Full Moon has with their followers and fans is an emotionally abusive one.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Vagabundo posted:

Five bucks says their original tagline had the word "rise" in it somewhere.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Five bucks says their original tagline had the word "rise" in it somewhere.

I doubt that since this is the dark middle chapter of the trilogy and words like rise are saved for the third film.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

Yeah, that sure looks like a poster for a Star Trek movie. If you removed all the text (except the tagline for added confusion) what movie would that be? Sherlock 2154? Mass Effect 3 after the Reapers are gone?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah, that sure looks like a poster for a Star Trek movie. If you removed all the text (except the tagline for added confusion) what movie would that be? Sherlock 2154? Mass Effect 3 after the Reapers are gone?

Well the boys in market research have put in some intense testing and found that the key demos think that Stark Trek is "dumb as hell."
e: given that's future-london, it would be Sherlock 2154.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

Well the boys in market research have put in some intense testing and found that the key demos think that Stark Trek is "dumb as hell."
e: given that's future-london, it would be Sherlock 2154.

I dunno, Mass Effect 3 is in London too. Maybe a crossover! Sherlock has to solve the mystery of why all the buildings are on fire! Spoiler: it was the Reapers.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Centrepoint of Marvel Phase 3 confirmed.

Also, I say this not being a major fan, but the idea of a Star Trek film with a heavy Earth focus isn't that bad of an idea to me. It just needs to be done well, and sparingly.

aga.
Sep 1, 2008

Baron von Eevl posted:

Charles Band is the unsung king of lovely movies. Everyone always goes with Troma or Corman but no, Charles Band is like the 100% guaranteed seal of poo poo. The relationship Full Moon has with their followers and fans is an emotionally abusive one.

Hey Re-Animator was genius. It all depends if it's from Empire where Band actually had a studio backing him or Full Moon where it's just him pumping out Puppet Master sequels,pirating his own movies and making horror bras.
Or maybe Stuart Gordon's just that drat good that he could make awesome films even under Band.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Stare-Out posted:

Heck, is there really anything that makes it clear it's the far future? There are weird looking buildings, but we have some pretty weird looking buildings now. For all you can tell the movie could take place in 2015 or something.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Pigbuster posted:

Heck, is there really anything that makes it clear it's the far future? There are weird looking buildings, but we have some pretty weird looking buildings now. For all you can tell the movie could take place in 2015 or something.

I thought the buildings looked like something out of modern Dubai. I guess that would make it Spec Ops: The Line: The Movie

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Apr 9, 2013

Tegan and Sankara
May 4, 2009

At least a couple of those buildings (the Gherkin, most notably) are actual buildings in London.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I've been disappointed in the lack of space combat so far in the trailers. I mean they did it perfectly in the opening scene of the last one, but after that we don't see much more of it, which is really too bad considering I like their updated designs of Federation ships.

pookerbug
Jan 21, 2006

the vitreous humourist

Darthemed posted:

I remember being a kid seeing that poster for the first time 27 years ago in our local mom-and-pop VHS place and thinking "holly poo poo I need to rent this like now!!!"

I'm not ashamed to say that I wasn't disappointed.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Is this new Trek movie mostly going to take place on Earth?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Looks like a sizable chunk will, although the 15-minute footage with the Hobbit was entirely on some alien planet of whatevers.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Zzulu posted:

Is this new Trek movie mostly going to take place on Earth?
Hard to tell. My theory is that the climax will though.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

mind the walrus posted:

Looks like a sizable chunk will, although the 15-minute footage with the Hobbit was entirely on some alien planet of whatevers.

Somehow I read this to mean that Martin Freeman was playing a Hobbit on an alien planet in the new Star Trek movie, and I wondered what dimension I had fallen into. :psyduck:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A wonderful dimension. That's what. :allears:

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

kiimo posted:

edit: Not fake, done by BLT. That isn't too surprising. They've churned out some good stuff in the past but also a lot of crap.

What the hell a pro studio puts out a poster with the most obviously cloned smoke the world

I need to move into the industry if lovely rush jobs like that are acceptable.

Internet Alias
Dec 5, 2005
Mirrors are more fun than television.

Stare-Out posted:

Sherlock 2154?

It's been done before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyGAc-OLAiQ

Sherlock Hoooolmes in the twenty-second centur-ray-aay!

edit:VVV Wow, how did I never notice the reference of that show's theme song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhNM2K8cmU8

Internet Alias fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 9, 2013

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I unironically want to see a crossover between Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century and Cleopatra 2525.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAbHqcPE9pM

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Internet Alias posted:

It's been done before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyGAc-OLAiQ

Sherlock Hoooolmes in the twenty-second centur-ray-aay!

"So what's your show called?"
"Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century."
"Oh yeah, what's it about?"
"Well..."

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

That Cleopatra doesn't look very Greco-Egyptian but theme song more than makes up for that vile inaccuracy.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

FreudianSlippers posted:

That Cleopatra doesn't look very Greco-Egyptian but theme song more than makes up for that vile inaccuracy.

I see it as official cannon now.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mind the walrus posted:

I unironically want to see a crossover between Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century and Cleopatra 2525.

Only if Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century get an appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60-etRy0dg8

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

mind the walrus posted:

I loved this show. The running joke is that Cleo would use cliches that had fallen out of use, and everyone thought she came up with them on the spot. "All for one, and one for all." "That's beautiful, Cleo."

the night dad
Oct 23, 2006

by XyloJW

Young Freud posted:

And to continue a tradition, you forgot one...

It looks like there was a color painting made of this poster, but it was never used until the DVD release.

The tagline for this one was too good to pass up...

I love movies about sports:

the night dad fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

penismightier posted:

I loved this show. The running joke is that Cleo would use cliches that had fallen out of use, and everyone thought she came up with them on the spot. "All for one, and one for all." "That's beautiful, Cleo."

It sounds like someone tried to make a real version of the pilot Mia Wallace was in.