Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Mayo on fries is delicious. :btroll:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Repost from TFR of the worst BMD driver ever. Some dumbass not realizing that braking a tracked vehicle is a bit different from braking a wheeled vehicle.

Or the driver just really, really hated the TC.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Pictures.

rockamiclikeavandal
Jul 2, 2010

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Repost from TFR of the worst BMD driver ever. Some dumbass not realizing that braking a tracked vehicle is a bit different from braking a wheeled vehicle.

Or the driver just really, really hated the TC.

Haha I did that the first time I drove a bradley. TC was bitchin about his knee for weeks.

terrez
Mar 20, 2012

woosh

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Holy poo poo that is a cool rear end photo.

I'm sad man. My last flight ever on the AWACS is this week. I give that jet a lot of poo poo but I will miss flying on it. Me and the 707 are tight.

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot

holocaust bloopers posted:

Holy poo poo that is a cool rear end photo.

I'm sad man. My last flight ever on the AWACS is this week. I give that jet a lot of poo poo but I will miss flying on it. Me and the 707 are tight.

Amen, as much as I slagged on JSTARS/AWACS, they always brought me home with all my body parts intact.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS posted:

Amen, as much as I slagged on JSTARS/AWACS, they always brought me home with all my body parts intact.

bird cage :3:

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS
May 26, 2012

by angerbot

This was at GK (I was a lucky NATO baby) but it's still :3:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

This was at GK (I was a lucky NATO baby) but it's still :3:

I saw darkness and a bunch of awacs. Had flashbacks to 0330 shows.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

One of my favorite facts from researching Iran-US military relations is that several of the AWACS were originally intended for the IIAF. Once I got to see an E-3 for the first time at Dayton I was admittedly a little bit disappointed it wasn't one of those few.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Here's a lengthy video from film-maker Olly Lambert filmed in Syria. The video starts with him trying to get an interview with a FSA commander, but that's rudely interrupted by a jet bombing a nearby building, which he runs out to film. The film is then the aftermath of the attack, and then a second attack and the aftermath of that, and is an amazing insight into the conflict from the perspective of those on the ground. There's brief moments of gore, but it's general work-safe, but still harrowing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHUKBaFetJY

The truly horrible thing is that this happens across the country every single day.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I found Waldo.

Fake edit: It's weird to me that almost all stock E-3 photos are loving old. The ESM antennae (the "cheeks" are the easiest to notice, especially from tanker pictures) have been there for twenty loving years. Stop using pictures from pre-1995, internet!

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Brown Moses posted:

Here's a lengthy video from film-maker Olly Lambert filmed in Syria. The video starts with him trying to get an interview with a FSA commander, but that's rudely interrupted by a jet bombing a nearby building, which he runs out to film. The film is then the aftermath of the attack, and then a second attack and the aftermath of that, and is an amazing insight into the conflict from the perspective of those on the ground. There's brief moments of gore, but it's general work-safe, but still harrowing.

The truly horrible thing is that this happens across the country every single day.

Nice fire discipline on that rescue mission there.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Syrian Security Force Follies posted by BM in the ME War thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X2HRbEqzLk

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

gfanikf posted:

Syrian Security Force Follies posted by BM in the ME War thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X2HRbEqzLk

Looks like they can't keep their soldiers in proper footwear, war never changes

Also the venom in the comments of pretty much every youtube vid on the conflict makes me wonder how after all this there's ever going to be reconciliation between the forces from both sides, or if it's just going to be purge after purge

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Snowdens Secret posted:

Looks like they can't keep their soldiers in proper footwear, war never changes

Also the venom in the comments of pretty much every youtube vid on the conflict makes me wonder how after all this there's ever going to be reconciliation between the forces from both sides, or if it's just going to be purge after purge

It's an open question, but it should also be noted a lot of the online postings about pretty much any conflict come from people with an ideological or ethnic connection to a conflict but are not directly involved, which seems to be a phenomenon that increases extremism. A lot of the IRA, PLO and KLA's funding came from private Americans in their heydays, for instance.

DrCuntmuffins
Nov 10, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hQLrbfxeiQ

If you haven't seen it already.

Good lord these guys are awful at shooting. I mean holy poo poo.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Brown Moses posted:

That video sure is something.

Also:

It is, huh?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

DrCuntmuffins posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hQLrbfxeiQ

If you haven't seen it already.

Good lord these guys are awful at shooting. I mean holy poo poo.

Just start at 7:55, be sure not to miss the guy at 8:05 firing his AK sideways\

Also, Best Friends, agree, I imagine the guys actually on the scene have better things to do than comment on Youtube vids, but it mirrors the tone in some of the press propaganda coming from closer to the scene.

DrCuntmuffins
Nov 10, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Snowdens Secret posted:

Just start at 7:55, be sure not to miss the guy at 8:05 firing his AK sideways\

Also, Best Friends, agree, I imagine the guys actually on the scene have better things to do than comment on Youtube vids, but it mirrors the tone in some of the press propaganda coming from closer to the scene.

http://www.vice.com/ground-zero/mali-part-2

Part 2... Better but worse. Good lord.

The poor French really got dragged into another Afghanistan down there..

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
I'd say "serves 'em right, if they hadn't been such dickholes about playing in the first Afghanistan they'd have learned their lesson" but honestly they have a long record of stepping in it with Algeria, Indochine, half of their Subsaharan colonies etc etc

Pic for the pics thread:

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Godholio posted:

I found Waldo.

Fake edit: It's weird to me that almost all stock E-3 photos are loving old. The ESM antennae (the "cheeks" are the easiest to notice, especially from tanker pictures) have been there for twenty loving years. Stop using pictures from pre-1995, internet!

I just picked a random one from my E-3 reference folder (scale modeler), which is not actually that big yet. The photoset was from Desert Storm.

e: forgot brass.jpg:

Woof Woof

Plastic_Gargoyle fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 9, 2013

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

I just picked a random one from my E-3 reference folder (scale modeler), which is not actually that big yet. The photoset was from Desert Storm.

Even on a GIS, 90% of the pics are "back in the day" it wasn't just you. Awesome pics by the way.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

whatmartelloactuallydoesinhisoffice.jpg

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I wish I were a loofah. Falafel

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Snowdens Secret posted:

I'd say "serves 'em right, if they hadn't been such dickholes about playing in the first Afghanistan they'd have learned their lesson" but honestly they have a long record of stepping in it with Algeria, Indochine, half of their Subsaharan colonies etc etc

Granted I don't know much about France's actual involvement in Afghanistan, but a quick Google search tells me they spent 11 years and 88 lives fighting a war that they didn't have to. So what makes them dickholes?

rockamiclikeavandal
Jul 2, 2010

DrCuntmuffins posted:

http://www.vice.com/ground-zero/mali-part-2

Part 2... Better but worse. Good lord.

The poor French really got dragged into another Afghanistan down there..

From part 2 "The French Army cameraman was filming the battle for the Army's facebook page."

21st century war truly is loving weird.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
Hey bros remember when we hosed up Iraq :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J1ctr877qs

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Granted I don't know much about France's actual involvement in Afghanistan, but a quick Google search tells me they spent 11 years and 88 lives fighting a war that they didn't have to. So what makes them dickholes?

Every French military person I've run across was more interested in US technology and capabilities than anything related to the war or exercise at hand. No, rear end in a top hat, I'm not going to explain our radar's anti-jam capabilities. That's my personal experience...I later heard a good one about the French antennae and dishes aimed at the US side of the base during Desert Storm at PSAB or something.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

America vs Doors: gently caress You Doors or Flashbang Gangbang 6. I've watched that clip way too many times today.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm going to go an write a mutinous paper now.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Godholio posted:

Every French military person I've run across was more interested in US technology and capabilities than anything related to the war or exercise at hand. No, rear end in a top hat, I'm not going to explain our radar's anti-jam capabilities. That's my personal experience...I later heard a good one about the French antennae and dishes aimed at the US side of the base during Desert Storm at PSAB or something.
Once again second hand, but someone I believe told me that every time the French are invited into the CAOC, they are far more proud of the problems the radars they have sold abroad cause allied forces than they are of their contribution to the war effort.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

A bomb about to get dropped on Iraq.

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006
I am not sure if this has been posted but it deserves to be posted again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpatG5prwuM

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Kick-Puncher posted:

I am not sure if this has been posted but it deserves to be posted again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpatG5prwuM

That's pretty fantastic.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Just landed several hours ago from my last flight on the E-3. Here's a photo of us loving around near Mt. McKinley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

Just landed several hours ago from my last flight on the E-3. Here's a photo of us loving around near Mt. McKinley.

Great shot :) Why haven't the USAF E-3's been upgraded to CFM56's like the KC-135 fleet? It seems weird the RAF and FAF aircraft have them but ours don't.

e: Exercise Night Train has to be my favorite military op name, right after Project Pull-Out.

Electronic warfare proving you don't have to look badass to be useful.

Atari

Plastic_Gargoyle fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 10, 2013

• Locked thread