Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

You forgot ISW.

Glaad Badd vs. John Cena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

You forgot ISW.

Glaad Badd vs. John Cena

gently caress.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Manwithastick posted:

I have to say, I was bored when I clicked the link and LOVED the Punchcast - loved the WHAT? and "if you booked Cena in ....." bits!

If you listened all the way to the end, you already know that I was originally planning on making one of those bits the blooper reel. MRT correctly called me an idiot for trying to do so.

quote:

Please get a itunes podcast asap!

I can't speak for the the other guys, but I want this to happen. I've looked at Apple's how-to guide, and it makes my eyes bleed. If anyone can offer some assistance, please drop me a PM or hit me up on Twitter (@GoogTheGoog).

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The Goog posted:

If you listened all the way to the end, you already know that I was originally planning on making one of those bits the blooper reel. MRT correctly called me an idiot for trying to do so.

I can't speak for the the other guys, but I want this to happen. I've looked at Apple's how-to guide, and it makes my eyes bleed. If anyone can offer some assistance, please drop me a PM or hit me up on Twitter (@GoogTheGoog).

Let me know when you figure it out. My bad movies podcast wants iTunesity but I couldn't figure it out for poo poo either.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Did they book Cena-Yoshihiko in DDT? I wasn't paying full attention

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

weekly font posted:

Let me know when you figure it out. My bad movies podcast wants iTunesity but I couldn't figure it out for poo poo either.

I like podcasts about bad movies. Do you ever attempt terrible impressions of actors and if not can I get a link?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

The Goog posted:

I found this link but I dunno if it works. I clicked it and iTunes launched and was like, hey, submit a podcast cool.

https://buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/publishPodcast

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Gaylord Plower posted:

I like podcasts about bad movies. Do you ever attempt terrible impressions of actors and if not can I get a link?

No never!

http://netflixmartyrs.blogspot.com/

We publish every other week and so this isn't off topic, next episode is our Wrestlemania Special - "The Bounty Hunters" Starring Trish Stratus.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I found this link but I dunno if it works. I clicked it and iTunes launched and was like, hey, submit a podcast cool.

The problem is setting up an RSS feed which is not easy for stupid people like me. I can't even figure out Twitter. Goog for starts you're gonna have to get the Podcast a website. Blogger is pretty good and easy and free.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I barely know what an RSS feed is, let alone how to set one up or get things added to it. I'd rather not bog the thread down with my technical ineptitude, so...please, if you can help, PM me.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The Goog posted:

I barely know what an RSS feed is, let alone how to set one up or get things added to it. I'd rather not bog the thread down with my technical ineptitude, so...please, if you can help, PM me.

This is way more helpful than the iTunes tutorial but like I said you need to setup a site, Wordpress or Blogger are good. I worked through it and got to submit to iTunes now it's just a wait til they reject it for some reason.

http://google.about.com/od/googleblogging/ss/podblogger_10.htm

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
First of all, you have to find hosting that isn't Tindeck. Archive.org provides free podcast hosting with a permanent link once you create an account: http://archive.org/create/

Next, create a blog for your podcast on blogger. http://www.blogger.com

When you create a new post for each podcast on Blogger, you'll need to make sure the Title Link of each posts links to the Podcast file in question. http://therealtalkbh.blogspot.com/ is a good example of how to do this. The Title Link is an option on the sidebar when creating a post in Blogger.

Next, you'll want to create a FeedBurner. http://www.feedburner.com

When creating a feed, make sure to check the box that says "I am a podcaster" and insert the blogger link there. Feedburner will then give you a feed link.

Submit that feed link to iTunes and you should be good to go. This is a bit vague, I know. Feel free to PM me if you need help anywhere.

Edit: And now my post is irrelevant!

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I went through most of this morning with Fandango's theme still stuck in my head, and just when it had left I listened to the Ten Count and it embedded itself into my brain again.

Goddamn it, you guys.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Coughlin won't listen so I am going to make a request to subscribers here: Please email or tweet at Bryan (bryan@wrestlingobserver.com) https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez and Dave (dave@wrestlingobserver.com) https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON to do something about the Board. It has gotten even worse since last night, namely this post:

quote:

suicane wrote:
This thing is a freak and Matt is right. Tolerance is a fun buzz word but this dude is still a dude no matter what he does and the fact that he thinks cutting his cock off or having it turned inside out is going to change that is loving stupid and we're all stupid for legitimizing these whack jobs. At best it's a mental illness, at worst it's an epicly hosed up cry for attention. If I dip myself in chocolate and roll around in candy coating that doesn't make me a loving M&M, it makes me a moron. We're slowly being brainwashed into accepting idiocy in this society and it's not to the greater good of any of us.

http://theboard.f4wonline.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=159024

If you care, the thread is there so you can read it in full. That is the worst offender, but there are a number of other offenders and the board is full of it. I'd really appreciate any emails or tweets that are sent. I emailed Bryan last night and haven't received a reply yet. I could just avoid the board, but I'd also not like to see a smug hive of transphobic assholes who feel free to post garbage all day long exist on a website I really like. Thanks!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I've honestly never even bothered to check out the Board, although I see I'm not missing much.

Since this kinda serves as the general F4W topic, does anyone know how Dave gets his non PPV puro so quick? He was reviewing the Road to Invasion Attack show before the PPV and I was just curious how he got it since I find it hard to beleivE he relies on the general :filez: sources.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MassRanTer posted:

Coughlin won't listen so I am going to make a request to subscribers here: Please email or tweet at Bryan (bryan@wrestlingobserver.com) https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez and Dave (dave@wrestlingobserver.com) https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON to do something about the Board. It has gotten even worse since last night, namely this post:

http://theboard.f4wonline.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=159024

If you care, the thread is there so you can read it in full. That is the worst offender, but there are a number of other offenders and the board is full of it. I'd really appreciate any emails or tweets that are sent. I emailed Bryan last night and haven't received a reply yet. I could just avoid the board, but I'd also not like to see a smug hive of transphobic assholes who feel free to post garbage all day long exist on a website I really like. Thanks!

One of the threads considered an all-time classic on the board is one guy documenting his first time with a "tranny" prostitute. Ain't nothing gonna be done about hate in the MMA section, it would require actual moderating which in that place is going to be more effort than any human being would be willing to put forth.

That said I did put out a tweet linking to your post though and CC'd Alvarez. At the very least it leaves a bad taste in my mouth to be financially supporting such a thing, however minorly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Thauros posted:

I've honestly never even bothered to check out the Board, although I see I'm not missing much.

Since this kinda serves as the general F4W topic, does anyone know how Dave gets his non PPV puro so quick? He was reviewing the Road to Invasion Attack show before the PPV and I was just curious how he got it since I find it hard to beleivE he relies on the general :filez: sources.

He used to have people in Japan send him tapes, and he sometimes seems to get stuff directly from the Japanese offices. I'd guess in this case he got them to send him stuff early to promote the iPPV.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thauros posted:

Road to Invasion Attack was up online probably 12-18 hours after. I watched Devitt-Shelley on Saturday afternoon.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

he probably gets stuff sent to him.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sent an email threatening to unsubscribe if that kind of nonsense is tolerated on the website, though tbqh I'd prefer they just shut The Board down entirely because it's always been an unreadable cesspit that any employee of the site should be embarrassed to have their name on

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
I went to the board like once and it was an incoherent cesspool of people trying to get themselves over and annoying signatures that I gave up.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

MassRanTer posted:

Coughlin won't listen so I am going to make a request to subscribers here: Please email or tweet at Bryan (bryan@wrestlingobserver.com) https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez and Dave (dave@wrestlingobserver.com) https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON to do something about the Board.

done and done. it's disgusting that this is in any way acceptable and even though I never go to the Board I won't hesitate to unsubscribe if nothing is done about this.

EDIT: I got responses from both Dave and Bryan. Bryan said "I will handle it. May be a few days but changes have been made and a lot more are coming." and Dave said "Thanks for bringing this to my attention. We'll take care of this."

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 10, 2013

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

I just want to say right now that Jack Krauser is the man, and I wouldn't have been able to do this without him.

As of about two hours ago, the Punchsport Podcast is available on iTunes! It hasn't passed through the review process yet, but you can manually add it (by going to File and choosing "Subscribe to Podcast...") using this URL: itpc://feeds.feedburner.com/PunchsportPodcast

In addition, if you have any questions for future editions of the 10 Count, you can email them to punchsportpodcast at GMail dot com, or send them to us on Twitter: @PunchsportPod.

I am super excited about this. Seriously, Jack, thanks so much.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

The Goog posted:

I just want to say right now that Jack Krauser is the man, and I wouldn't have been able to do this without him.

As of about two hours ago, the Punchsport Podcast is available on iTunes! It hasn't passed through the review process yet, but you can manually add it (by going to File and choosing "Subscribe to Podcast...") using this URL: itpc://feeds.feedburner.com/PunchsportPodcast

In addition, if you have any questions for future editions of the 10 Count, you can email them to punchsportpodcast at GMail dot com, or send them to us on Twitter: @PunchsportPod.

I am super excited about this. Seriously, Jack, thanks so much.

You're welcome. This helps me out too since I use an app on my phone that grabs the casts I listen to automatically so this will be a big help. You may need to click this link to get the iTunes subscribe thing to work: itpc://feeds.feedburner.com/PunchsportPodcast (being clickable matters in this case I think) but that won't matter once it gets onto the iTunes Store.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

So now I'm hearing Vince and Kevin Dunn liked last nights raw. I just don't know what to believe anymore.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Arbite posted:

So now I'm hearing Vince and Kevin Dunn liked last nights raw. I just don't know what to believe anymore.

The crowd hated Sheamus, of course Dunn loved it!

And thanks to everyone who has gotten in touch with Dave and Bryan, I appreciate it. Transphobia hits really close to home for me so I appreciate everyone getting in touch with them.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
WON/F4W just published a piece written by a fan that compares Fallon Fox to a Nazi, and repeatedly implies that she is a man who wants to abuse women.

I think I'm done now. It's clear they don't give a poo poo about this stuff

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

WON/F4W just published a piece written by a fan that compares Fallon Fox to a Nazi, and repeatedly implies that she is a man who wants to abuse women.

I sent a rebuttal to Nason. Let's see if anything happens with it. I am loving raging at my desk after reading that.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

sportsgenius86 posted:

I sent a rebuttal to Nason. Let's see if anything happens with it. I am loving raging at my desk after reading that.

I mailed Bryan and Dave threatening to cancel my sub over it. Hopefully we get a response of some sort soon.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
That's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen on the site, I'm upset enough to email Dave and Bryan over it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I wanna know how in the loving hell that guy is a social worker. May God be with those people because holy loving poo poo.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Yep. Done, tweeted at both Dave and Bryan as well. I'm not paying for this poo poo.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The fact that they brought RAPE into it just makes me loving sick.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I wanna know how in the loving hell that guy is a social worker. May God be with those people because holy loving poo poo.

Exactly! How the gently caress do you become a social worker where you equate a transwoman wanting to engage other women in contact sport is the same as domestic abuse and rape?!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I mailed Bryan and Dave threatening to cancel my sub over it. Hopefully we get a response of some sort soon.

I'd say just outright cancel it, that the piece even got onto the front page with the usual "this article doesn't reflect the views of F4W/Wrestling Observer" was enough for me. It doesn't reflect their views certainly, but that it was posted at all makes me angry enough to not have anything to do with the site any more.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

njsykora posted:

I'd say just outright cancel it, that the piece even got onto the front page with the usual "this article doesn't reflect the views of F4W/Wrestling Observer" was enough for me. It doesn't reflect their views certainly, but that it was posted at all makes me angry enough to not have anything to do with the site any more.

I was on the verge as I was writing my email. Right now I'm being charitable and thinking this is Josh's fuckup rather than Bryan's or Dave's. If there's no reaction or apology or some kind of acknowledgement that poo poo needs to change I'm done.

I don't blame anyone for cancelling immediately though. That post is utterly vile.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Well they published my name with my response. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If anyone wants to read this that isn't an F4W (ex?)subscriber I put it on Pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/BnRp8GYT

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
MY CUNT DRIPS BROWN REFUSE LIKE A DIRTY HOOKAH. PS. THE BACK OF MY THIGHS ARE RIDICULOUS - COTTAGE CHEESE ANYONE?

Andy Dufresne posted:

Well they published my name with my response. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I'm glad you wrote that. Thanks.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Andy Dufresne posted:

Good on you. You shouldn't be ashamed to attach your name to that.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Thanks to MRT for linking that. I emailed both Bryan and Jason. Doubt anything will happen, but my god, I don't load up F4W expecting to see something like that. I can tolerate the endless Babinsack parade on the front page, but not outright, wretched, villainy like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm sure that dumbass probably isn't a social worker and just thought saying that would make people take his word as truth

• Locked thread