Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I only started listening to the Bugle around episode 206, and as I'm working my way through the older episodes, I was struck by something. I'm up to 189, and John has made a second mention of "my friend, Wyatt", referring to Wyatt Cenac, who was on the Daily Show with him. On one hand, I think it's really great that they seem to be outside-of-work friends (as opposed to just "work friends"), because they're both hilarious. But on the other hand, now I'm even more depressed that Wyatt left the Daily Show a month or two ago. :smith:

I hope they still get to hang out with each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

prefect posted:

I only started listening to the Bugle around episode 206, and as I'm working my way through the older episodes, I was struck by something. I'm up to 189, and John has made a second mention of "my friend, Wyatt", referring to Wyatt Cenac, who was on the Daily Show with him. On one hand, I think it's really great that they seem to be outside-of-work friends (as opposed to just "work friends"), because they're both hilarious. But on the other hand, now I'm even more depressed that Wyatt left the Daily Show a month or two ago. :smith:

I remember one episode where he talked about having a nightmare that Wyatt was leaving The Daily Show. :(

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Another episode that the two of them go to Basketball games together. Also I think John will be there until he is forced to leave, given his own show, or is the new host.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Another episode that the two of them go to Basketball games together. Also I think John will be there until he is forced to leave, given his own show, or is the new host.

John Oliver posted:

Oh baby you! Spit hot dog on me-ee! And you got some on my friend, yes you got some on my friend

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bobkatt013 posted:

I remember hearing that Wyatt pointed out all the black people sitting in their section had brought white guys with glasses.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Also, when Wyatt and John were in Miami, Wyatt says "this place makes me miss the wife and kids I don't have".

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

prefect posted:

John still pulls out Rob Riggle stories every now and then and he's been off the show for years, so chances are good they'll stay friends.

Man, now I want something starring the three of them to exist and I know it never will :(

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Maduo posted:

John still pulls out Rob Riggle stories every now and then and he's been off the show for years, so chances are good they'll stay friends.

Man, now I want something starring the three of them to exist and I know it never will :(

Doesn't John host a stand-up show on Comedy Central that has Daily Show alumni on it all the time?

Hell, they should just get Wyatt and Rob to fill in on the Bugle this summer while John's hosting the Daily Show. I want to hear Rob Riggle yell gently caress You Chris.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Leospeare posted:

Hell, they should just get Wyatt and Rob to fill in on the Bugle this summer while John's hosting the Daily Show. I want to hear Rob Riggle yell gently caress You Chris.

:aaaaa: that would be amazing.

ieatsoap6
Nov 4, 2009

College Slice
After about 18 months, it's finally sorta almost here. Ish.

https://twitter.com/hellobuglers/status/319947360467828736

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

ieatsoap6 posted:

After about 18 months, it's finally sorta almost here. Ish.

https://twitter.com/hellobuglers/status/319947360467828736

yesssssss

also today I learned that the Bugle merchandising is run out of the building I work in but I suppose that makes sense.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
They could cast the American version of QI from that talent pool.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I feel like there's only one American that could play the Stephen Fry host role, and that's John Hodgeman.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

JFC posted:

I feel like there's only one American that could play the Stephen Fry host role, and that's John Hodgeman.

Who ironically was kinda poo poo on the British QI.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

BizarroAzrael posted:

They still have some semblance of standards over there.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Leospeare posted:

Doesn't John host a stand-up show on Comedy Central that has Daily Show alumni on it all the time?

I was picturing some sort of Three Amigos type movie. I like your idea much better though.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
I hope one of those mugs is a gently caress You-logy mug.

BizarroAzrael posted:

He just seemed like he'd never really watched an episode before, and they just jammed him in between Sean Locke and Sandi Toksvig. The man looked lost.

lets go swimming fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Apr 6, 2013

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I believe the proper way to phrase it is 'gently caress eulogy' :o:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Will we be getting another gently caress eulogy this week?

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?
Isn't the Bugle on hiatus for another week or two? I remember being sad about how long they said they'd be off.

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer
Whatever they are doing will need to be dropped so I can hear the Bugle talk about the death of Margret Thatcher.

They were made for this!

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

BobTheCow posted:

Isn't the Bugle on hiatus for another week or two? I remember being sad about how long they said they'd be off.
No, they're back this week, but recording Sunday rather than Friday.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Oh this next episode is going to be glorious :allears:

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
Well, that was strange. Someone sent in that exact "one hundred duck-sized horses vs. one horse sized duck" question to another podcast I listen to. :stare:

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

The Dark One posted:

Well, that was strange. Someone sent in that exact "one hundred duck-sized horses vs. one horse sized duck" question to another podcast I listen to. :stare:

It's a reddit meme, it gets asked in every AMA.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Oh the fact that they are free from the grasp of the The Times now will give the Thatcher stuff added kick!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The Dark One posted:

I think they got the question wrong, actually. I remember laughing about "horse sized horse" and "one hundred duck sized ducks".

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
I can't believe I didn't check the foremost political commentator of the age:

Bugle Twitter Feed posted:

This says it all. RT @the_ironsheik: Iron women Margaret Thatcher now the Iron Dead bitch. She never be the Iron Sheik class #teamsheikie

I am really looking forward to the next Bugle. Hoping for a 'gently caress Eulogy' but I think they'll have a great time even if they don't do that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I hope the gently caress Eulogy is just them examining why she'll never be Iron Sheik Class.

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon
I love that the Sheik gave a shout out to Buglers.

@the_ironsheik posted:

The @hellobuglers if you respect the legend you show me otherwise you are more dead dog than Iron dead bitch. respect the legend i love you

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Holy poo poo someone spent $30 on that didn't they?

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

BizarroAzrael posted:

Holy poo poo someone spent $30 on that didn't they?

He should be paying the Bugle that amount.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I wondered why there was no new Bugle last night. https://twitter.com/hellobuglers/status/323221311709134848

hellobuglers posted:

Attention Buglers. This week's Bugle will be recorded on Sunday afternoon, UK time, so should be available late on Sunday evening.

Love how the first two responses are about what did Chris do and where is the merch.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Jet Jaguar posted:

I wondered why there was no new Bugle last night.
Perhaps you should have listened to last week's bugle, then.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
There was a Bugle last week? Last week features only Andy and Andy playing as Chris. For a proper Bugle you need Andy and Andy playing as John.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
New Bugle is up for anyone who wanted decent satire.

http://thebuglepodcast.com/?p=535

No Fuckeulogy, but they're not pulling too many punches ether.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
There is a nice eulogy with euphemisms though :shobon:.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Ribbit. Ribbit. Ribbit.

e: you have to admire a modern politician that has the determination and political nous to rip the heart straight out of a man's chest

rockamiclikeavandal
Jul 2, 2010

Andy bringing up pointless cricket stats is always funny

"@hellobuglers" posted:

Say what you like about Thatcher, but the fact remains that England had a lower win percentage in Test cricket under her than any other PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Andy talking about cricket almost make me want to learn how to play cricket.

• Locked thread