Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

drat you Tom! You and your double-cliffhangers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Siddell I will end you.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
TEA-SAN!! :argh:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Annie learning storytelling techniques from the Coyote, I see.

Flitter Reid
Aug 16, 2006

Ow.
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHHH you swine! :argh:

I'm actually loving the light-heartedness at the moment. Kat's blushing is amazing.

Wittgen posted:

... it's nice to see competent discussion of this comic.

I dread to think what the incompetent discussion looks like!

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
Look how cheerful Carver is about being a total jerk. :mad:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Fecha posted:

Annie, you troll! How the hell was she even telling that story without mentioning why they ran away?

"Annie! Why are you back so early?"

"Well, Smitty and I were in the forest, and then we had to run away from something! We passed Eglamore and Parley and I suggested to them that running would be good, and now here I am!"

"..."

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She didn't say they've come back from the Forest at all :getin:

I have the feeling we're never going to find out what actually happened there. People will reference it from time to time vaguely leaving us to :argh: at Tom as he serenely draws another ridiculously pretty page.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh god this better not be the next cursed teapot.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tollymain posted:

She didn't say they've come back from the Forest at all :getin:

Annie died in the forest and they're all ghosts. :ohdear:

annatar
Jan 14, 2007
hellol
Hehe continuous paper.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

SynthOrange posted:

Annie died in the forest and they're all ghosts. :ohdear:
Doesn't mean they couldn't come back. :iiam:

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I was all pissed off about the cliffhanger, but Kat's reaction in the last panel is hilarious. Why DO you have that letter Annie?

annatar posted:

Hehe continuous paper.

Kat's secret admirer is a dot-matrix printer.

Alienwarez
Feb 9, 2004

The art on this page is fantastic! I'm no artist and can't really point out why, but Tom's art seems to have made another leap forward in quality recently.

Also, does anyone recognize the symbol on Kat's shirt? I'm normally familiar with the music Kat seems to like, and I know she has posters and other shirts with band references, but I don't recognize this one.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Alienwarez posted:

The art on this page is fantastic! I'm no artist and can't really point out why, but Tom's art seems to have made another leap forward in quality recently.

Also, does anyone recognize the symbol on Kat's shirt? I'm normally familiar with the music Kat seems to like, and I know she has posters and other shirts with band references, but I don't recognize this one.
When did he go full time? It might have been around that time he started drawing this chapter.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think that Divine was the first chapter drawn (not posted) after Tom went full-time, as there was some talk that this page would not have been possible otherwise, but I suppose if we asked him nicely he might tell us himself.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well, I can forgive him because I wanna know about Kat's situation more than I want to know what was chasing them.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Blackheart posted:

Well, I can forgive him because I wanna know about Kat's situation more than I want to know what was chasing them.

Maybe it's the same thing.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did Tom change the author's comment on that page? I don't remember it saying that before :ohdear:

RME
Feb 20, 2012

"Woah, woah! You can't just tell half a story! What were you guys running from?" :allears:

Also Kat's the only one using a tray, what a nerd.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tollymain posted:

Did Tom change the author's comment on that page? I don't remember it saying that before :ohdear:

It said that since the page was posted. No changes.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I had two thoughts I had about the current update that I'm sure aren't all that original. One is that Annie's hair looks a bit more like her mother's hair. The other is when the paper came out of the envelope, I wonder if some robot is in love with her. The straight lines on the heart and the old printer paper seems like something a robot would do.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

IUG posted:

I had two thoughts I had about the current update that I'm sure aren't all that original. One is that Annie's hair looks a bit more like her mother's hair. The other is when the paper came out of the envelope, I wonder if some robot is in love with her. The straight lines on the heart and the old printer paper seems like something a robot would do.

Or someone who can't use a pencil but can hunt and peck at a keyboard.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Adorable. :3:

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

RME posted:

Also Kat's the only one using a tray, what a nerd.
Annie probably made her carry her stuff on it!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moe~~~~

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Alright, I think I've rocked the party hat long enough. Any ideas for title text?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Last Wednesday: "Wait a minute, aren't we going to hear about what was in Kat's love letter?"

Today: "DAMMIT TOM, WHAT WAS CHASING THEM" :argh:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

The Lord of Hats posted:

Alright, I think I've rocked the party hat long enough. Any ideas for title text?

"No! Don't read this post in front of people! :blush:"

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rasamune posted:

Last Wednesday: "Wait a minute, aren't we going to hear about what was in Kat's love letter?"

Maybe both questions have the same answer.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

Rasamune posted:

This is what drives me nuts about reading Guy Gavriel Kay books too (which are incredible books and everyone should read them.) He loves to switch between what characters are doing and does it so well that it's simultaneously frustrating and exciting. "Wait, I want to know what's happening here with this character who's about to assassinate this guy! Now we have to drop on this guy who's having kinky carnival sex out on a balcony? Sheesh! OK. It's exciting. He's doing WHAT? Like THAT? What's he going to do next? Tell me, tell me... WHAT? The assassination again? She's going to what? Throw herself out that window? She can't DIE!"

It's exhausting.

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000

Rasamune posted:

He could have answered both!

"Oh, it was Mort. So who's writing you lovenotes girlfriend?"

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Tom, man. That's not how you make a comic, guy. I love you but you can't be doing that, Tom.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Truly, I now have the most adorable posts on the forum. Can't wait for the friday update!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I really appreciate how Tom feels free to have Annie play with her hairstyle. In particular I think this one looks really good on her.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Not sure why, but I can't not see Groucho Marx in this.

damnit annie you are too young to smoke.

Parts Kit fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 11, 2013

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Parts Kit posted:

Not sure why, but I can't not see Groucho Marx in this.

damnit annie you are too young to smoke.

From the moment I picked up your love letter to the moment I put it down I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend on reading it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

So I got curious about this comic after seeing avatars from it and decided to pick it up today.
I read it all, I'm on the most recent page. I'm refreshing as hard as I can why aren't things happening?! :f5:

Seriously though, I'm glad I picked this up. I didn't really like the art at first but I adore the way it "matures" over time, like the main character. That is pretty cool.