Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

I BMW car with a stick near me :unsmith: Not exactly my dream car though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
I saw a Seat Cordoba on the supermarket noticeboard today for $1200... or maybe it was $2100. I forget. Not exactly a common car. Actually mentioning uncommon cars, the Ambulance station wagon thing (patient transport?) in town I noticed is a Skoda. Weird choice but whatever.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Galler posted:

I BMW car with a stick near me :unsmith: Not exactly my dream car though.

I once saw a mint Ford Tempo for $1500, and was really really tempted.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Real gold?
http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1971-Mercedes-Benz-200-Series-Sedan-W0QQAdIdZ463729292

quote:

Classic 1971 Mercedes 250 in mint - original - rust-free condition. Loves the road and spends too much time parked. Looking for a new owner who will appreciate the authenticity and craftsmanship of the last year the Mercedes were hand-made. Asking $5,500.00 o.b.o

Only registered members can see post attachments!

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

No wild about the color combo but it's not offensive and of course purely subjective. The automatic is similarly off-putting to me. They're not bad transmissions or anything and in fact probably more appropriate for the car than a manual is but still I like to shift myself. The five-digit odo means the mileage needs some sort of authenticating paperwork, records showing services over the years with the mileage (kilometerage?) would suffice in my book. These guys get scary under the skirt real quick, so expect to see some corrosion when you peek. I'd say as long as it's not through-rust and can be easily/inexpensively treated and/or sealed (POR-15), then the price is pretty great. There is something off about the passenger side front bumper. Maybe nothing big but those bumpers are expensive so watch out. Without any engine shots or shots of the back, I can't tell exactly which model it is. If it's fuel-injected (E in name of model), it'll be some form of Bosch Jetronic. Some parts for them can be impressively expensive and frankly I'd prefer a carburetor. Even as finicky as the Zenithes or Solexes can be, at least they can be replaced easily enough. Other than that it looks pretty good.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 8, 2013

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I am not seriously interested for myself, just looked interesting.

Also, "Hand made" according to the ad. Really?

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Yeah I don't know what he means by that either. The W114/115 were assembly-line built as far as I know. The W108/109 which were also built during the W114/115 lifecycle were team-built. Meaning one team assembled the car from start to finish. The W114/115 went down a line where one guy fitted doors, another guy fitted windshields, another installed the distinct feeling of self-superiority, etc...

VanNuys
Feb 25, 2013

by Debbie Metallica
:stonk: :stonk: :stonk:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/3692463738.html

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

General_Failure posted:

I saw a Seat Cordoba on the supermarket noticeboard today for $1200... or maybe it was $2100. I forget. Not exactly a common car. Actually mentioning uncommon cars, the Ambulance station wagon thing (patient transport?) in town I noticed is a Skoda. Weird choice but whatever.

My only memories of Seat where they were a prize someone could win in game shows, (price is right kinda of poo poo), I don't think anyone actually bought them.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

If that car stock on KBB is about $6500, I'd say it's worth around $500 now.

VanNuys
Feb 25, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

Jealous Cow posted:

If that car stock on KBB is about $6500, I'd say it's worth around $500 now.

"Ferrari style bumper"... If anything i see hints of Lamborghini in the bumper, but Jesus what Ferrari is he talking about?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

VanNuys posted:

"Ferrari style bumper"... If anything i see hints of Lamborghini in the bumper, but Jesus what Ferrari is he talking about?

In the dark and from some front angles I'd probably think somebody had put a horrible body kit on a Nissan GT-R.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Quick, somebody unload a Freelander on him and save that poor MR-2; Owning a Freelander is almost enough punishment for what he's done.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Looked the front end of a GTR to me at first. What a horrible thing.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Kenshin posted:

In the dark and from some front angles I'd probably think somebody had put a horrible body kit on a Nissan GT-R.

I saw the headlights and thought it was a GT-R body kit on a late-model Celica.

With only 6000 miles, I bet that car has spent longer in the shop than it has on the road.

Also this means he took what must have been a nearly pristine 2nd-gen MR2 and immediately turned it into that thing. What the gently caress.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Here's one for you TC. Saw it locally driving around and took a pic for you :)

Was asking $5500 IIRC. Didn't get a good look, but from what I saw the interior was in great shape and the truck was very straight and clean.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VanNuys
Feb 25, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

Sagebrush posted:

I saw the headlights and thought it was a GT-R body kit on a late-model Celica.

With only 6000 miles, I bet that car has spent longer in the shop than it has on the road.

Also this means he took what must have been a nearly pristine 2nd-gen MR2 and immediately turned it into that thing. What the gently caress.

He HAS to mean 6k on a rebuilt engine. Not 6k original. :pray:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

From the top of the wheel arches up, I like it. It's the front bumper (and I presume rear, but he doesn't provide a good picture) that really sucks, and good luck finding a replacement for the front, given what he did to the headlights.

Also, the headlights are probably a disaster, internally. And WTF steering wheel.

VanNuys posted:

He HAS to mean 6k on a rebuilt engine. Not 6k original. :pray:

That is what he says. 65k on the car, which is still pretty unforgivably low.

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 9, 2013

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
I actually like the headlights. :ohdear:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Three door pickup.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Sinestro posted:

I actually like the headlights. :ohdear:

Me, too, they just make it impossible to unfuck the rest of the car without putting as much work into it as he did.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/3730899089.html
He put some sort of aftermarket Hemi cover on his V6. Off center.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

kimbo305 posted:

No, that's the stock intake manifold just painted red. It even says V6 on it. The interior is pretty tacky though...

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

slidebite posted:

Here's one for you TC. Saw it locally driving around and took a pic for you :)

Was asking $5500 IIRC. Didn't get a good look, but from what I saw the interior was in great shape and the truck was very straight and clean.

StormDrain posted:

Three door pickup.

I wish I had money, and unlimited space. The three-door is the second year IH offered a crew-cab option. Initially they all had three doors, a fourth door was added in 1961. The blue pickup is interesting because the fender badge appears to state "100", but the grill is not correct for a 100. That grill was discontinued in 1973 and the 100 was a 1974 model. Perhaps it just says "1100" though and my eyes are bad.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Imperador do Brasil posted:

No, that's the stock intake manifold just painted red. It even says V6 on it. The interior is pretty tacky though...
This. The stock intake mani on the 3.5's is offset.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

trouser chili posted:

The blue pickup is interesting because the fender badge appears to state "100", but the grill is not correct for a 100. That grill was discontinued in 1973 and the 100 was a 1974 model. Perhaps it just says "1100" though and my eyes are bad.
I think it said "100" Pretty sure the for sale sign said it was a 69, so dude probably just couldn't be too picky with parts.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

trouser chili posted:

I wish I had money, and unlimited space. The three-door is the second year IH offered a crew-cab option. Initially they all had three doors, a fourth door was added in 1961. The blue pickup is interesting because the fender badge appears to state "100", but the grill is not correct for a 100. That grill was discontinued in 1973 and the 100 was a 1974 model. Perhaps it just says "1100" though and my eyes are bad.

Must be a replaced badge, as it doesn't appear to say 1010 or 1110 to me, and the hood would be wrong for a 100.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

kimbo305 posted:

I am shocked its not a 2.7 car.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
This might be the winner of the most incomprehensible CL ad ever:

quote:

97 eclipse gsx awd turbo - $1000 (Providence, ri)
100k miles crean leather. Black interior, 17 in awd rima
Rare car. Need gone now. Automatic si dont ask if its 5 spd

The bad its Got a bad engine. Cause it knocks. Think a barron ir sumthing.
N its primer sito a body kit. Atraerá right up. N a battery

Ley me kno no Bull shitters plz. Cars been siringa for 8 months after knock started

Call ir txt if u Got money on u n serious. 401-545-6400

http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/3698385830.html

Never have I seen such casual disregard for the English language ever used!

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Octopus Magic posted:

This might be the winner of the most incomprehensible CL ad ever:

http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/3698385830.html

Never have I seen such casual disregard for the English language ever used!

It's like the person was getting more and more drunk as he wrote.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

BoostCreep posted:

It's like the person was getting more and more drunk as he wrote.

Again pretty sure it's an ESL issue coupled with a fairly low literacy level but drat it's kind of understandable if I imagine it being said by someone someone staggering around blind drunk.

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/3728236609.html

what

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

I haven't seen one of those in years, so yeah, it might be rare. don't mean its desirable

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I'm more curious about exactly which jurisdiction or licensing body classifies a 16-year-old car as "Vintage".

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Sagebrush posted:

I'm more curious about exactly which jurisdiction or licensing body classifies a 16-year-old car as "Vintage".

Aamco, if it's on its original transmission

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Maker Of Shoes posted:

This. The stock intake mani on the 3.5's is offset.

I thought I saw the V6 but didn't count the runners. So it just has the plenum hanging off to the passenger side?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

kimbo305 posted:

I thought I saw the V6 but didn't count the runners. So it just has the plenum hanging off to the passenger side?

Yeah, they use to look pretty normal but got a bit weird once they went into the RWD cars. Maybe it would help if you imagine it as a typical FWD trasnverse engine turned 90* around.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

slidebite posted:

I think it said "100" Pretty sure the for sale sign said it was a 69, so dude probably just couldn't be too picky with parts.

Wow, the grill is really wrong for a 69.

StormDrain posted:

Must be a replaced badge, as it doesn't appear to say 1010 or 1110 to me, and the hood would be wrong for a 100.

You know it's funny. Despite all the IH knowings I have swimming about in my head, I still really struggle to pick the difference between the hoods on D-series trucks.

Viking Blood
Jun 17, 2005

The hammer of the Gods will drive our riffs to new lands
Get in on the classic Japanese boom:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/3733638998.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Needs body work?
:allears: