Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
While you're getting that exhaust sample done, might as well change the winter air to summer air in your tires.

I turned mine in at the gate on Campbell the day before I signed out, they gave me a temp pass for a month or so, since I had terminal leave.

Deers never asked for my CAC card back though. That's a joint rolling aid now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Godholio posted:

You don't have to turn that in. You're supposed to remove it from the car, that's it.

I had to turn in my current one, and get a letter from my commander for the one that had been on a vehicle I'd owned years prior (which I swear I had turned in at Fort Benning, back in 09 but w/e). This was at Fort Wainwright (AK), last year.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Thanks. I'll call the office at USMA to check and drag my rear end out there if they need it turned in. Hope they appreciate getting a rolled up ball of fragments.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Thanks. I'll call the office at USMA to check and drag my rear end out there if they need it turned in. Hope they appreciate getting a rolled up ball of fragments.
That's normal. The stickers are designed to self-destruct upon removal to prevent them from being transferred.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Unless someone can find it written down, I'll stick with the statement that it doesn't need to be turned in. My parents didn't turn one in, and neither did I. I scraped off my last sticker (from Tyndall, exp 2007) last summer, 5 years after I left that base when I sold the car it was on.

If it is written down, neither Tyndall, Tinker, nor Hill follow(ed) the rules. Or it's a base policy which is certainly possible.

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~
When I cleared Fort Hood to ETS like 8 years ago I had to scrape off stickers to give them to the provost marshall or something to get my clearing papers signed

25 lighters
Mar 14, 2010

Isimoad posted:

Has anyone been stationed at FOB Shank? My company is deploying there around July this year and was wondering what to expect. One of the guys said an officer from 3 corp went for a month and 6 people died. This is my first deployment, I joined back in July 12. Google search is severly lacking.

I'm here now, like garrison. Don't forget your eyepro and reflective belt!

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
My older brother is an O3 stationed in Oki with the Marine Corps. He gave my parents the OK to get rid of his enlisted dress uniforms that were sitting in his old bedroom in our parents' house. And they asked me to handle it. Any suggestions? My brother would prefer they be donated.

They live near Quantico. I tried calling the Quantico PAO to see if he knew of a uniform donation site but the number was disconnected? Tomorrow I'm going to swing by my small town's recruiting office to see if they have any ideas.

Its a full dress blue uniform. The jacket still has Sgt chevrons and the pants have the red stripe. There is also a service A jacket with 2 pairs of pants, and a bunch of the khaki shirts, all with Sgt chevrons. Other than having the Sgt chevrons, and needing a dry cleaning, they look in pretty good condition.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

iroc.dis posted:

My older brother is an O3 stationed in Oki with the Marine Corps. He gave my parents the OK to get rid of his enlisted dress uniforms that were sitting in his old bedroom in our parents' house. And they asked me to handle it. Any suggestions? My brother would prefer they be donated.

They live near Quantico. I tried calling the Quantico PAO to see if he knew of a uniform donation site but the number was disconnected? Tomorrow I'm going to swing by my small town's recruiting office to see if they have any ideas.

Its a full dress blue uniform. The jacket still has Sgt chevrons and the pants have the red stripe. There is also a service A jacket with 2 pairs of pants, and a bunch of the khaki shirts, all with Sgt chevrons. Other than having the Sgt chevrons, and needing a dry cleaning, they look in pretty good condition.

If you can get on Quantico, there is a uniform item thrift shop on base.
(703) 640-7430 or qts3@verizon.net or google 'MCB Quantico thrift shop'

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
I'm in AIT and was just given a packet to apply for 160th SOAR. I'm debating whether I want to do it (on one hand I can probably avoid Alaska, but on the other hand gently caress Ft. Huachuca). Can anyone give me any insight on what Ft. Campbell is like, or anything to do with 160th at all? I'm a 15W if that matters.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Ziji posted:

I'm in AIT and was just given a packet to apply for 160th SOAR. I'm debating whether I want to do it (on one hand I can probably avoid Alaska, but on the other hand gently caress Ft. Huachuca). Can anyone give me any insight on what Ft. Campbell is like, or anything to do with 160th at all? I'm a 15W if that matters.

Go 160th. You'll be part of some awesome amazing things.

If you were looking to do some cool stuff while you're in, they're an excellent starting place. Excellent.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Ziji posted:

Yea man, go for it. Get into something special and get away from the majority of the normal army stupidity*

*going on what I've heard and seen from guys that do those jobs, apparently it's far less stupid in some areas but the rest of the army is starting to seep in at the edges

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Thanks guys. I'm filling out the form right now, hope I get selected. Better start hitting the gym more often though if I want to make it through Green Platoon!

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Ziji posted:

Thanks guys. I'm filling out the form right now, hope I get selected. Better start hitting the gym more often though if I want to make it through Green Platoon!

:3:

I couldn't help but read this with a really eager enthusiastic idealistic joe imagined in my mind saying this, and it loving warmed my heart like goddamned plutonium.

Thanks buddy, for doing this military poo poo after we stopped doing it, and for not being another bitter angry jaded gently caress.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
160th is under SOCOM so you can say you're SF to anyone who asks. Their barracks are in the center of the post, too.

rockamiclikeavandal
Jul 2, 2010

You can also go to Hunter Army Airfield which might be the best CONUS post possible.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
I'm just finishing up my packet now, turning it in the morning. Hopefully I get approved, but if not oh well it's not the end of the world. The Army has taught me to live with disappointment pretty well. Another quick question though, does anyone know how to get ALMS to work on a home PC? I want to get SSD Level 1 done but can't figure out how this poo poo works at all. I have a CAC Reader and all the DoD security certs if that makes any difference.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

ALMS is a piece of poo poo, abandon all hope.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

DoktorLoken posted:

abandon all hope.

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
Quick question: I finished up AIT and I'm on my way to my duty station. My orders say a report date of 20 Apr. I already have my tickets to there. Any chance I'd be able to try and get some leave when I report early tonight?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If I just parsed what you said accurately, then no. You are poo poo out of luck.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Gordian posted:

Quick question: I finished up AIT and I'm on my way to my duty station. My orders say a report date of 20 Apr. I already have my tickets to there. Any chance I'd be able to try and get some leave when I report early tonight?

Once you check in no.

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
Alright I have a semi follow up. My original TDY DA31 had leave built in between the end of ait and when I report. I had to miss that report date and not take leave. I asked what to do with that now jacked up DA31 and they said they'd take care of it and just gave me a DA31 with 2 travel days today to get to my duty station.

I have that "shits gonna be jacked up down the line" feeling if I don't somehow fix(?)that original TDY da31. Am I correct?

Gooble Gobble fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 9, 2014

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Not necessarily. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but the gaining unit will process your DA31. It SHOULD be like that old hosed up DA31 didn't exist.

Just make sure you keep a copy in case this comes up at some point in the future (near or far).

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Another question, does Camp Casey suck as much as I think it does? :ohdear:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There are not the words to explain how loving lovely Casey is.

With the funny thing being, command makes it lovely, whereas it could be quite liveable.

What unit you headed to?

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
2nd ID. I'm praying to god that I can get my orders switched (apparently that's a thing you can do here as you head toward graduation).

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Ziji posted:

2nd ID. I'm praying to god that I can get my orders switched (apparently that's a thing you can do here as you head toward graduation).

It's unlikely that you'll be able to switch anything but who knows, it can happen.

Here's a tip for Korea: Spend as much time possible off post. It's going to be hard since you'll be out in the field for at least 4+ months out of the year though. Korea is a beautiful country with pretty awesome things to do. Get off post.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Vasudus posted:

It's unlikely that you'll be able to switch anything but who knows, it can happen.

Here's a tip for Korea: Spend as much time possible off post. It's going to be hard since you'll be out in the field for at least 4+ months out of the year though. Korea is a beautiful country with pretty awesome things to do. Get off post.

Got my orders changed from Hood to Osan in like 3 days. I am that guy. On a related note, any advice for after I get to Korea on Monday? Tales of how lovely in-processing is?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Ziji posted:

Rape, murder, threaten and kidnap. Do anything you can to get away from Casey and 2ID. I'm going to guess that you'll get placed with 4-7 CAV, which is loving gay, but it could be (marginally) worse, and you'd get 2-9. Or if you are lucky you might get over with some signals peeps at Hovey, but that's a bit of a stretch. Fight tooth and nail to get as far south as possible. No poo poo, it sucks so bad there right now and it's just been getting worse.

WOMEN DESERVE RAPE posted:

Got my orders changed from Hood to Osan in like 3 days. I am that guy. On a related note, any advice for after I get to Korea on Monday? Tales of how lovely in-processing is?

I'm sure I've threatened you in some manner if you've mentioned this before. In processing is fine. You'll get a bus from the airport from a probably annoyed NCO dressed in ASUs and you'll get driven to Yongsan, and stay in the hotel if you are lucky (Dragon Hill Lodge). Place is pretty baller for an Army digs. Then you'll get the inprocessing routine, maybe get your CIF issued (which is probably minimal if you are going to Osan), try not to kill yourself through a few days of MRT training, and be restricted to base. Don't bother going out, Osan is chill and you will be able to do what you want soon enough. You'll get a few hour class of korean phrases... and... that's about it. Oh, and shots. If you haven't gotten your smallpox and other nasty ones you'll get them there. gently caress smallpox, made me sick as gently caress. Then from there, the normal S1 poo poo, you'll get pinpoint orders cut if you haven't already, and then wait for a bus to take you wherever and inprocess as per your units SOP.

It's a long inprocessing, but it's chill. They are supposed to make you do PRT but it didn't loving happen when I was there.

Anyway, congratulations rear end in a top hat, on getting ready for an awesome year or two.

Just Dont Look
Nov 6, 2007

Perhaps thou shalt dain to sup on the meaty sustenance of my loins.

WOMEN DESERVE RAPE posted:

Osan is pretty good! I assume you're going to be with the Army in Osan? If so, it sounds like you'll probably be going to 35th ADA. I've spent the last few days getting NIPR into their brand new building.. so you'll have that going for you!

I'm a DA Civilian over at Humphreys, but hit me up on PMs before/when you land and I can help you out.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Just Dont Look posted:

Osan is pretty good! I assume you're going to be with the Army in Osan? If so, it sounds like you'll probably be going to 35th ADA. I've spent the last few days getting NIPR into their brand new building.. so you'll have that going for you!

I'm a DA Civilian over at Humphreys, but hit me up on PMs before/when you land and I can help you out.

Got my pinpoint today to Suwon, pretty sure this is gonna be an amazing year or two.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
What specifically is a "can" in reference to a living area? I know it's not a tent but I know it's not an individual room. I'm moving to a place on Saturday where we'll be in cans and goddamn it I hope I can finally have some privacy.

edit:

Considering it's 6-8 people per can, I'm not optimistic.

baw fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Apr 17, 2013

DrCuntmuffins
Nov 10, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I would assume alaska tents that look like half-cans but you never know that's something new to me

like how they called the shitters "cadillacs" even though they were just shitters

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
Frustrating thing is I ordered a nice 88-key weighted keyboard to practice on because they've been telling me for the past month I'll be going someplace where I'll have my own room. Then yesterday morning I found out I'm actually going to another place with "cans" on Saturday and I'm going to be loving pissed if it's some open area poo poo. If it is then the goddamn lights will have to be off all the time since everyone works different shifts and I sure as poo poo won't be able to practice my goddamned piano (plus I wasted several hundred dollars.)

Out of the military but still dealing with the bullshit. I guess I should just get used to it.

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

a can is a CHU. a conex that you live in. also idk why but im laughing so hard at the idea of some stevie wonder motherfucker just jammin on a keyboard in the back corner of a tent while everyone else just goes about their normal business

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

DRONES CURE HAJI posted:

a can is a CHU. a conex that you live in. also idk why but im laughing so hard at the idea of some stevie wonder motherfucker just jammin on a keyboard in the back corner of a tent while everyone else just goes about their normal business

I was thinking the same thing.

And as for can=CHU that's what I thought too, but 6-8 people in one? That's like fuckin sardines.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't think you can even fit 6-8 people into a CHU standing up.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW

Vasudus posted:

I don't think you can even fit 6-8 people into a CHU standing up.
You could fit about 40 racks in a 40' container if you do it navy style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Martello posted:

I was thinking the same thing.

And as for can=CHU that's what I thought too, but 6-8 people in one? That's like fuckin sardines.

Nah, 2 people per room. 3- 4 rooms per can.

• Locked thread