Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh yeah one more thing, Iron Weasel.

I'd love a retry button on the victory screen. Not getting 3 stars means I'll probably want to jump right back in to fix/remove poo poo until I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Bummey posted:

Also, goon game :siren: Epoch :siren: just went free. It's good. Download it.

http://appshopper.com/games/epoch-2

For the new page

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I started playing Injustice - Gods Among Us. Any tips, hints, must-buy items, good grinding stages, your opinions, etc. for this game?

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Necroneocon posted:

I worry about the IAP pack buying. But if there is a PC version with shared accounts, then i'll reinstall it. Do I have to play other people or can I just play the AI like I can in the DOTA-like Order and Chaos?

I had to kick my Magic Online habit back in the day.

So far the AI battles in the campaign seem more like puzzle games - build a deck that can beat the broken and illegal AI deck.

Edit: Actually, you can play against the AI in practice mode which doesnt really get you anything.

Victorkm fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 11, 2013

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

io_burn posted:

Here's a direct link for the Angry Birds Star Wars freebie that doesn't require the Starbucks app, although don't be surprised if they plug this hole in the not too distant future- http://www.starbucks.com/mobilenotification/getitunesredirect?assetID=269
Hopefully, they'll keep doing this, as their app is kind of awful.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Happy Bear Suit posted:

I started playing Injustice - Gods Among Us. Any tips, hints, must-buy items, good grinding stages, your opinions, etc. for this game?
Battle six - the level right before the first boss Green Lantern - is where you're probably going to spend a lot of time grinding money early. Eventually it's not going to be worth your time to do it, but it's not a bad place to start early.

Gold characters are better than bronze and silver almost fresh out of the pack. Get a gold booster pack as soon as possible or else you are going to be spending a lot of time getting squished.

Wonder Woman is a beast, both gold and silver versions. If you open one you're going to have her on your team a lot.

Level 3 supers are what the game is really about. Most fights boil down to making sure you can keep as many characters alive as possible while you generate energy so you can use it as soon as possible.

Don't block everything. If you think they are going to use a super, do it, but getting hit is the faster way to generate meter which means more level 3s which means faster dead guys.

Burn your meter to kill Lex, Nightwing, and bronze Green Arrows as soon as possible or else they are just going to energy drain it anyway and generally be a giant pain in the rear end.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Fazana posted:

Buried in amongst todays new releases I noticed there's another version of the MDickie wrestling game out today where you play as the promoter instead of being the wrestler http://appshopper.com/games/booking-revolution-hd

Find your own Fan-Dan-Goooo and make him every champion!

I hadn't played the previous incarnation(s) of this, but I've been giving this one a shot today. The controls are janky as heck, and altogether I do not think I like it. :smith:

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

iron_weasel posted:

You can move or rotate all the things that are linked together. Use the two buttons in the lower middle of the dingus.

also...
Rigonauts HD Technical Notel
If you are within site of this forum please be away for two tech issues:
1. This game was not made or tested with iPad 1 but a recent change in Apple land meant that iPad 1 users can buy the game. Please avoid.
2. The game is a bit resource intensive. If you find it kicking you out try rebooting the device and running without other apps in the background.
Thanks - I did not figure that out about linked things.

I'm on an ipad 3, latest iOS - I beat the Baron (1-11) and started 12 after one 'run' on 12 the game crashed, I restarted the game and was back to 1-11; as soon as I try and start that the game crashes. I've rebooted my ipad twice.

Edit: If I go to a different level it plays fine - it crashes only and every time I try 1-11.

porktree fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 11, 2013

LIMBO KING
May 3, 2006

The IOS mobile version of everybody's favorite korean hat collecting simulator just popped up.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

LIMBO KING posted:

The IOS mobile version of everybody's favorite korean hat collecting simulator just popped up.

Not available in the UK store. What is it?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

LIMBO KING posted:

There's some serious anime going on in those screenshots. Too much anime, in fact.

LIMBO KING
May 3, 2006

Sad lions posted:

Not available in the UK store. What is it?

Ragnarok Online Valkyrie Uprising :v:

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

LIMBO KING posted:

Korea made their own version of Team Fortress 2?

Err for the lady on the right... are... are those her boobs? Because come on. Come on!

Necroneocon fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 11, 2013

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
They're her arms, dude. Rein it in.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
I'm a woman. Thanks. Nothing to rein in.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

It does look a little anime to be a hat collecting simulator. Well, a lot anime. Are they boob hats?

(though really, that's the least offensive anime art I've seen in ages... just, it's very anime)

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
I wasn't thinking it was offensive, I was just shocked at the possibility.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
The iOS Games Megathread: are... are those her boobs?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Necroneocon posted:

I'm a woman. Thanks. Nothing to rein in.

Rein that in. Anyone try that out yet? I have a soft spot for the pixel hat collecting MMO.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

marshmonkey posted:

The iOS Games Megathread: are... are those her boobs?

I approve of this title.

Pladdicus posted:

Rein that in. Anyone try that out yet? I have a soft spot for the pixel hat collecting MMO.

Rein in yourself, weirdo.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
We all know girls don't like boobs.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Necroneocon posted:

I approve of this title.

Rein in yourself, weirdo.

:( Okay :smith:

If you haven't given Slayin a shot I really recommend. I really enjoy the aesthetics and gameplay, the difference between classes is really neat.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I plan on giving Bean's Quest and Slayin some dedicated game time this week. Both look pretty drat cool and polished.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

rogue wave posted:

We all know girls don't like boobs.
Check your heternormative privilege.

... aaaand now let's talk about Slayin'. Slayin' looks fun. I really dug the original Bean's Quest, but I'm kind of skeptical of the sequel. It really just looks like more of the same, and "awesome game from early app store releases a sequel" games haven't seemed to do all that well lately :(

Juc66
Nov 20, 2005
Lord of The Pants

Necroneocon posted:

Korea made their own version of Team Fortress 2?

Err for the lady on the right... are... are those her boobs? Because come on. Come on!

Those are are arms/hands in sleeves.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I have the good fortune of only just now remembering I had the original, so for me it will all seem like one super long game. It does indeed look like more of the same though, from what I can tell. I'm not convinced that is totally a bad thing, but I can understand the desire for something novel and interesting. I think they are claiming to have added some more abilities to his repertoire, but I don't know how extensive or game-changing they will be. Maybe it will pull a Portal 2 on us and go so much further with it that we never saw it coming.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Insurgency Harley Quinn is really good, specifically her supermove "Line Of Fire" has her shoot her opponent with both her pistols but the way it's done, early on at least it negates Solomon Grundy's "Born On A Monday" ability, if the first shot KO's him BOAM kicks in immediately and 25% health gain means he second shot takes him out. You get basically the same thing if you have 2 other enemies on low health, the second character jumps in between shots and just eats a bullet instantly.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Trustworthy posted:

I hadn't played the previous incarnation(s) of this, but I've been giving this one a shot today. The controls are janky as heck, and altogether I do not think I like it. :smith:

Use the virtual controls, they are easily 10 times better.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Is anyone here really good at Slayin'? I think I'm OK but I think I'm still out of my league. One of my challenges is to kill five skulls with the lance, but the lance is 420 coins, and I have no idea how to get that many. To even accumulate that much total I would have to spend at least a few hundred on armor and food and forgo weapons, even with keeping my combo up.

da anime bulldog
Sep 14, 2004

My idea of helping people.
So, apparently Star Command was submitted to Apple recently!

Juc66
Nov 20, 2005
Lord of The Pants
Word is that it fell short of its promise.

Not really bad per-say, but depending on the game you wanted from it you could end up pretty disappointed in it.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Juc66 posted:

Word is that it fell short of its promise.

Not really bad per-say, but depending on the game you wanted from it you could end up pretty disappointed in it.

What kind of well measured and reasonable posting is this? There's only room in this thread for seething hatred and unrestrained adoration.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Bummey posted:

What kind of well measured and reasonable posting is this? There's only room in this thread for seething hatred and unrestrained adoration.

As someone who only became aware of it around a month ago I am immune to the bitterness and disappointment about all the unmet expectations (that I have little to no knowledge of).
Actually think it looks pretty fun. I'll probably grab it.
Oh, the benefits of ignorance.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Has there been any update on the Phoenix Wright games yet? Last I heard they were coming out last Fall, then they were delayed to who knows when.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

Frankston posted:

Has there been any update on the Phoenix Wright games yet? Last I heard they were coming out last Fall, then they were delayed to who knows when.

There has only been one "episode" of that out so far for iOS so far, right?

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

Juc66 posted:

Those are are arms/hands in sleeves.

If I try really hard and squint a bit, I can force my mind to see arms/hands in sleeves. Then it jumps right back to strangely huge boobs.

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

LIMBO KING posted:

Is RO still popular in Korea?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

rogue wave posted:

There has only been one "episode" of that out so far for iOS so far, right?

Yeah, the original GBA game.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Frankston posted:

Yeah, the original GBA game.

It's the DS version with the extra case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
That Injustice game is pretty funny, it's like Rock em Sock em Robots. You just stand toe to toe and wail on each other till someone falls

• Locked thread