Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012
When used the right way, "tummy" can be the dirtiest word in the English language. It is known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
"Good girl" is worse.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

That's nothing next to "sweet sister".

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Urdnot Fire posted:

Is it bad I can't remember which incest relationship uses this phrase?

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

You really hate that word, don't you?

The frequent appearance of tummy in Sansa's internal thought process is only the first whisper of what will explode into full on pandering to GRRM's nascent infantilism fetish in the next volume, mark my words.

Personperson14 posted:

Is it bad I can't remember which incest relationship uses this phrase?

The Lannisters.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Urdnot Fire posted:

When does sweet sister imply child rape. Because "tummy" comes up near either a threat of rape to sansa or actual rape to Dany.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Thulsa Doom posted:

The Lannisters.

I thought it was Dany and what's his name. All the incest, rape, and poo poo just kinda blends together in my head.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20

Personperson14 posted:

I thought it was Dany and what's his name. All the incest, rape, and poo poo just kinda blends together in my head.

I suppose they both do it. Viserys wasn't around very long. I can't really remember any of his dialogue.

I think Tyrion calls Cersei sweet sister a few times, too.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Mnemosyne posted:

Yesterday, I accidentally discovered that neeps are a real thing. I had been reading all this time thinking that GRRM had made them up.
http://weirdvegetables.blogspot.com/2009/01/oh-my-neep.html

quote:

neep, n.
1. a. A turnip; (also, in later Sc. use) a swede. Also: a turnip plant or swede plant.
In Old English, perh. also applied to rape

It is known.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Jojen Reed is really a young time traveling Theon. You heard it here first.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ThaGhettoJew posted:

It is known.

It just makes sense that GRRM would know the most archaic and out of use words for rape.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Sweet sister, let me touch your tummy

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Please stop saying tummy. It's starting to leave a trail of digital slime on my screen.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
The greasy bad man touch my tummach, he call me sweet summer child, make him go away! Bad man gurm! Bad pear shaped man!

- an excerpt from "Bad Thread", award winning stage adaptation of the story behind the greatest fantasy series never finished

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

bigmcgaffney posted:

The greasy bad man touch my tummach, he call me sweet summer child, make him go away! Bad man gurm! Bad pear shaped man!

- an excerpt from "Bad Thread", award winning stage adaptation of the story behind the greatest fantasy series never finished

Starring Tony Award winner Scarlett Johansson as Demi Turduckyen

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The baby thread are trying to use Isaac Hempstead-Wright looking like he's grown from the ages of 10 to 13 (he has, he turned 14 on Tuesday) in-front of the camera as an actual timeline for the story.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Joramun posted:

Starring Tony Award winner Scarlett Johansson as Demi Turduckyen

And AVN Award Winner James Deen as The Pound.

Aurain posted:

The baby thread are trying to use Isaac Hempstead-Wright looking like he's grown from the ages of 10 to 13 (he has, he turned 14 on Tuesday) in-front of the camera as an actual timeline for the story.

That's actually not a terrible idea.

It explains why the dragons will be big enough to ride in season 5, and how Arya can become an assassin so quickly.

But then that means while Robb's war took an appropriate 2-3 years of continent-spanning marching, it also took 2-3 years for Jon to march from the far north to the wall.

What I'm saying is TVIV are better writers than George Tummy Neeps Martin.

It is known.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Apr 11, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Be fair to them, the only reason I managed to realize how short the timeline of the books is was by figuring out how old Gilly's baby is. That's when you realize Clash through Feast at least are all in the same year or so.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
That'll actually be pretty funny when Gilly reappears and she's still pregnant.

Bran aged 3 years, and so Gilly is in her twelfth trimester.

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

This is what they get for not casting Andy Milonakis as Bran.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

And AVN Award Winner James Deen as The Pound.

That's actually not a terrible idea.

It explains why the dragons will be big enough to ride in season 5, and how Arya can become an assassin so quickly.

But then that means while Robb's war took an appropriate 2-3 years of continent-spanning marching, it also took 2-3 years for Jon to march from the far north to the wall.

What I'm saying is TVIV are better writers than George Tummy Neeps Martin.

It is known.

How does time like years even have any meaning with the seasons as they are in Westeros? I've always assumed George intends for the passage of time to be as vague as possible. And how do you know, maybe westerosi pregnancies are 36 months long.

Of course, all this is meaningless since books 3 to 6 all happen at the same time and the series has turned into Lost where we expected to accept radical character changes happening within days.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The planet orbits the sun but there's no axial tilt, so there's no "seasons" in a scientific sense.

:pseudo:

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Dragons are the reason for the season.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Yeah, I would love to know how they calculate years in Westeros. Do they just shrug and say "it's been 350 days, good enough"?

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
Once 365 horrible things have happened to you, a year has gone past. Most people are very old in Westeros. Theon is aging very rapidly.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Maybe they take it as one harvest to another. But then again I'm not sure if harvests would work the same as they would on Earth if you dont have seasons... Do animals only hibernate every few years or something? They don't have things like an Equinox or a Solstice either, or at leat they shouldn't have, which I think would cause more time keeping issues.

It's almost as if someone read about Europe having a 4 year winter once and decided to run with it without really thinking it through...

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Shoehead posted:

without really thinking it through...

I think you might be on to something.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

A Westeros year has to be an arbitary 365 days just so that we can equate someone's age to Earth years.

Or a year in Westeros is actually 700 days and the whole series is a lot less creepy than we thought.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

You ever think maybe the goon overreaction to possible spoilers is because they might never have their innocence violated in the biblical sense?

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

LoG posted:

Dragons are the reason for the season.

Dragons are the motion in the ocean?

But yeah, don't think too hard about literally anything to do with the erratic seasons. It will never make sense.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I'm looking forward to the new Josh Hartnett film set in this universe, 1460 Days of Winter.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Fargo Fukes posted:

But yeah, don't think too hard about literally anything to do with the erratic seasons. It will never make sense.

Unstable binary star system bitches!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helliconia

(except that doesn't work as there isn't a second sun, unless it's a cold brown dwarf or something that doesn't radiate but still messes with orbital mechanics)

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

Fargo Fukes posted:

Yeah, fat bastard basically said it was just magic.

a wizard did it

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

equity posted:

Well there's also the fat pink mast scene http://tindeck.com/listen/utrz which is equally sultry.

I... I cannot believe I ever thought that this was a sweet/endearing scene. (What is wrong with me :psyduck:)

When spoken out loud it really does solidify how much of a pervert GRRM is.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
GRRM is solidifying himself quite nicely without your help.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
With how clogged his arteries are I'd doubt it.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

At the very least, he's got to be more solid than Dany.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Speaking of clogged, she sure wasn't by the end :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Fiendish_Ghoul posted:

Now I'm starting to feel stupid for thinking that having read the books means I'm clear to read casting news and spoiler threads. If I didn't I would probably be in for more surprises, not to mention have marginally more of a life.

Edit: to be clear, I'm not saying that his identity is news to me that you spoiled me for just now, just that like Arglebargle I might not have known if I hadn't followed casting news.

So this is what spoiler bombing feels like :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrickyTrev
Feb 8, 2005
ZOMG I HAVE ROCKET
Spoiler or not a Spoiler?