Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Red is Dead posted:

Managed to watch NXT for the first time over the weekend.

Adrian Nevile and Luke Harper need to get moved up to the main roster now. They're ready.

Can someone please explain the significance of Big E Langston's use of "5" to me?

Well, you have... 5... fingers on your hand.
You have... 5... toes on each of your feet.
You've got a high... 5.
You've got a low... 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Red is Dead posted:

Managed to watch NXT for the first time over the weekend.

Adrian Nevile and Luke Harper need to get moved up to the main roster now. They're ready.

Can someone please explain the significance of Big E Langston's use of "5" to me?

Its a tribute to Big Daddy 5

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Big Daddy E

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I haven't seen this week's NXT up anywhere yet, but apparently in 2 weeks they're doing a "Clash of the Champions" episode.

Divas Championship: Kaitlyn vs AJ
United States Championship: Antonio Cesaro vs Adrian Neville
Intercontinental Championship: Wade Barrett vs Bo Dallas
NXT Championship: Big E Langston vs Brad Maddox

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

njsykora posted:

:swoon:

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

njsykora posted:

I haven't seen this week's NXT up anywhere yet, but apparently in 2 weeks they're doing a "Clash of the Champions" episode.

United States Championship: Antonio Cesaro vs Adrian Neville

All the yes.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

April 10, 2013

Tensai, Brodus, & Kofi vs. The Shield
Big E vs. Zack Ryder
Swagger vs. Tatsu

Some gems from Michael Cole tonight! Apparently Ebert would have given Wrestlemania "10/10" and the Shield are in WWE to "knock down doors and make money." Also, Zeb missed a burn by focusing on the "Garden" aspect of the TD Garden name, given that "TD" stands for Toronto Dominion.

NXT seems to be on the WWE Hulu page now, but that doesn't exactly help international viewers.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

NXT seems to be on the WWE Hulu page now, but that doesn't exactly help international viewers.

A lot of international viewers get NXT as one of the regular WWE shows anyway. For example this weeks show on in the UK tonight at middnight after the Raw replay.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

April 10, 2013

Shield vs. Jobbers
Summer Rae interview
Emma interview
Funkadactyls vs. Bellas
Ohno interview
Wrestlemania stuff
Regal interview
Ohno vs. Regal

Ohno vs. Regal is literally just Ambrose vs. Regal v2.0, but I'm totally okay with that. Hell of a match! The rest of the show was serviceable too, and I'm looking forward to what happens in the next couple weeks. Funny moment on commentary when somebody mentioned lingering animosity between the Bellas and the Funkadacytls from Wrestlemania, given that their match didn't actually happen. Also William Regal is apparently a hawk-like surgeon.

I wonder if Barrett won the title back on Raw because they'd already taped him as the IC champion on next week's NXT?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I got a good laugh on Main Event from Cole trying to make sure no one thought Ziggler was a face due to the crowd when they replayed his cash-in. "The crowd exploding, as they do everytime someone cashes in Money in the Bank!"

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

WWE should replace Lawler with Maddox when Jerry decides to retire.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Keeping Big E's song from NXT gives me hope that they'll keep Bray Wyatt's song too, even though it's not a Johnston original. Mark Crozer mentions Bray Wyatt on his website, so it's possible they have a long standing deal for the rights like they did with the old Hardy Boyz theme.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

Keeping Big E's song from NXT gives me hope that they'll keep Bray Wyatt's song too, even though it's not a Johnston original. Mark Crozer mentions Bray Wyatt on his website, so it's possible they have a long standing deal for the rights like they did with the old Hardy Boyz theme.

I sure as poo poo hope so, that song is amazing.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

For what it's worth Brays been working dark matches using his NXT theme. Apparently though the crowd hasn't been responding well to his pre match promos.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Skinty McEdger posted:

For what it's worth Brays been working dark matches using his NXT theme. Apparently though the crowd hasn't been responding well to his pre match promos.

I saw him work a dark match about a year ago and he was using it back then, too. He was plenty over there, though.

Also OH MY GOD Ohno's shirt :laugh:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Part of me thinks his gimmick just won't translate to huge audiences that change each week. It seems like a real mistake to assume that what works on TV vignettes or to a small, consistent, and dedicated crowd in Florida will translate to the WWE's huge live audiences. Wyatt's thing demands a degree of subtlety, focus, and attention span that he might not get. You have to shut up long enough to let him talk and wow you and that doesn't work if the crowd is "What?"ing him or singing the Fandango theme.

Loud, high concept gimmicks like Brodus Clay or Fandango can get over very easily just by repetition. Character driven, subtle gimmicks like Bray Wyatt are a lot harder.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

Part of me thinks his gimmick just won't translate to huge audiences that change each week. It seems like a real mistake to assume that what works on TV vignettes or to a small, consistent, and dedicated crowd in Florida will translate to the WWE's huge live audiences. Wyatt's thing demands a degree of subtlety, focus, and attention span that he might not get. You have to shut up long enough to let him talk and wow you and that doesn't work if the crowd is "What?"ing him or singing the Fandango theme.

Loud, high concept gimmicks like Brodus Clay or Fandango can get over very easily just by repetition. Character driven, subtle gimmicks like Bray Wyatt are a lot harder.

CM Punk did it fine as the leader of the SES.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

April 10, 2013

Tensai, Brodus, & Kofi vs. The Shield
Big E vs. Zack Ryder
Swagger vs. Tatsu

Some gems from Michael Cole tonight! Apparently Ebert would have given Wrestlemania "10/10" and the Shield are in WWE to "knock down doors and make money." Also, Zeb missed a burn by focusing on the "Garden" aspect of the TD Garden name, given that "TD" stands for Toronto Dominion.

I'm gonna say to people, watch this just for Big E. He's kept his NXT theme and cut a star-making promo on Striker.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

CM Punk did it fine as the leader of the SES.

Punk had already been on the roster for three years and had been a three-time World Heavyweight Champion by that time and it was a logical continuation of his character up until that point. I don't think it's much of a stretch to say that a new guy who the largely non-watching NXT crowds from Raw and SmackDown don't really have a reason to care about may have a struggle getting out of the gate.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Yeah, Wyatt had a promo & match at a recent house show here in Toronto and he got like zero reaction as well.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Bard Maddox posted:

Punk had already been on the roster for three years and had been a three-time World Heavyweight Champion by that time and it was a logical continuation of his character up until that point. I don't think it's much of a stretch to say that a new guy who the largely non-watching NXT crowds from Raw and SmackDown don't really have a reason to care about may have a struggle getting out of the gate.

The IWC loving loves him so if they have any brains at all they'll debut him in front of a smarky audience, or just do it in Florida where they know him. To be fair, he's already been on the WWE roster, just repackaged. He needs The Family to get over as a mastermind leader though. I don't know if they'll pull that trigger on all three, or just give him new minions.

Also, of course he gets no reaction since he's had no build. His promo packages in NXT were amazing, so they'd be really stupid not to hype him before then. They could literally use the same videos from a year ago for his debut.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 11, 2013

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

STAC Goat posted:

I think it would work better if they don't immediately debut him, but have several vignettes until they debuted him.

Also William Regal is apparently a hawk-like surgeon.

I wonder if Barrett won the title back on Raw because they'd already taped him as the IC champion on next week's NXT?
A M*A*S*H reference I bet

Also I want that to really be the reason why they gave back Wade the belt.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

njsykora posted:

I'm gonna say to people, watch this just for Big E. He's kept his NXT theme and cut a star-making promo on Striker.

Yeah, this is utterly amazing. I'm dying.

"What kind of name is Yoshi," says the man named "Zeb," who manages a man named "Swagger." The crowd booing like crazy at Zeb's racism is pretty rad though. Makes me really want a Tatsu/Swagger IC feud, since they've never gonna use Wade in a good way with him holding it.

Jefferoo fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 11, 2013

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

April 10, 2013

Shield vs. Jobbers
Summer Rae interview
Emma interview
Funkadactyls vs. Bellas
Ohno interview
Wrestlemania stuff
Regal interview
Ohno vs. Regal

Ohno vs. Regal is literally just Ambrose vs. Regal v2.0, but I'm totally okay with that. Hell of a match! The rest of the show was serviceable too, and I'm looking forward to what happens in the next couple weeks. Funny moment on commentary when somebody mentioned lingering animosity between the Bellas and the Funkadacytls from Wrestlemania, given that their match didn't actually happen. Also William Regal is apparently a hawk-like surgeon.

Tyler still sounds like a dork on the mic but at least it's better than he was in RoH. I'm glad that Regal comes out every now and again to make a developmental guy looks great, because it always feels special when he comes back for another match.

Also Brad Maddox makes my heart go all aflutter.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Great "You still got it" chant for Regal.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

Lol if you think Wyatt's going to Raw with his current gimmick unless they change it a fuckload. It's way too creepy and weird for a non-smark crowd to enjoy.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Mankind got over just fine as a guy in a gimp suit who shoved his fingers down people's throats until they vomited. Granted, I severely doubt they're going to help Wyatt along with submission wins over Undertaker, but still.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

DeathChicken posted:

Mankind got over just fine as a guy in a gimp suit who shoved his fingers down people's throats until they vomited. Granted, I severely doubt they're going to help Wyatt along with submission wins over Undertaker, but still.

That was in the Attitude Era, when they weren't mainly marketing to the under-10s. I dunno, I hope they prove me wrong on this one because I like Wyatt a whole lot.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

paint dry posted:

That was in the Attitude Era, when they weren't mainly marketing to the under-10s. I dunno, I hope they prove me wrong on this one because I like Wyatt a whole lot.

The fact that they're marketing it younger could help.

Because drat it we need a Papa Shango/Early Undertaker "Legit scare the kids" character.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

VogeGandire posted:

The fact that they're marketing it younger could help.

Because drat it we need a Papa Shango/Early Undertaker "Legit scare the kids" character.

Man, he scares me and I'm 26 years old!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I just heard Wyatt's entrance theme for the first time last night and that is a drat Fine Tune.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Bard Maddox posted:

Tyler still sounds like a dork on the mic but at least it's better than he was in RoH. I'm glad that Regal comes out every now and again to make a developmental guy looks great, because it always feels special when he comes back for another match.

Also Brad Maddox makes my heart go all aflutter.
I love how Regal wrestled in tights instead of the normal singlet he has worn in the last few years. Makes it look like poo poo is getting real.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

paint dry posted:

Lol if you think Wyatt's going to Raw with his current gimmick unless they change it a fuckload. It's way too creepy and weird for a non-smark crowd to enjoy.

He's already doing it at house shows and dark matches, so no "lol" here.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

April 13, 2013

Jinder & Drew vs. Justin & Zack
Kofi vs. Heath
DB vs. Mark Henry

New graphics on SMS this week! Excitement! Action! Dazzlement!

April 11, 2013

Usos vs. Primo & Epico
PTP vs. Great Khali (27m30s)

Poor, poor PTP.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i'm guessing they didn't play mark henry's music on saturday morning slam

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

They did a reaaaally bad instrumental overdub!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

21 Hoot Salute posted:

They did a reaaaally bad instrumental overdub!

Oh man I wanna hear this but don't wanna have to download the episode. :smith:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oh man I wanna hear this but don't wanna have to download the episode. :smith:

You don't, you can stream it from the site it's hosted on.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

He's already doing it at house shows and dark matches, so no "lol" here.

Wow I had no idea. That's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

April 13, 2013

Jinder & Drew vs. Justin & Zack
Kofi vs. Heath
DB vs. Mark Henry

Thank you for posting these, SMS rarely fails to deliver. DB vs Henry with Ziggler on commentary was just as good as you'd expect. Ziggler has been on the show fairly regularly and does a good job of putting over the talent whilst still praising himself, have to presume his world title run will interfere with that sadly.

If they want to compensate us with more Maddox or even give Big E Langston a go though it will soften the blow.

• Locked thread