Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Alright, I was just thinking of a third character because I like boxing. :) Maybe I'll try only two-boxing necro and druid then. Must have ports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
Make the third a shaman for even more DoTs.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Kodaji being a whiny arse aside, I was pretty sad to see how badly enchanters and necros just do not mesh and in fact enchanters actively inhibit necromancers. Back in days gone by, you just could not have enchanter clarity spells with Lich-line spells, but it was pretty awkward on Friday. Twincast Aura + Mana Reiterate Aura makes nukers very happy (I was grouped with a mage before we hooked up in EB that adored me for that, not to mention Voice & Manastorm), but I am really disappointed in the whole necro situation as enchanters should be the type of class that makes everyone better.

Then again, necros with EM & 2.0 are so utterly overpowered right now, maybe it is for the best.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Yeah, ENCs do not synergize with necros very well at all, except for Twincast aura and Tash maybe.

I think most of our necros have Mara Reiteration aura and the druid cold aura blocked, so the fire one can be used in the Evantil raid on the minis that are immune to everything except fire and have no AEs to heal with RB.

Of course, bards are the best necro synergy class> Just like they are for every other class.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Yeah I have all that blocked as well, only druid fire one too since no Evantil. I wish you could override the pets + mez issue if you wanted. Honestly that was the worst of it having my pet just gently caress off constantly. Ended up 4 drat chits short of EM 14 so gonna be a week until my pet's a real beast :(

Necro OPness doesn't really come from EM or 2.0 either one though, they're just good as hell. Pet DPS ain't that great even with EM 13, though it does enable them to tank fairly well. 2.0 isn't that overpowered either, it's just more DPS than any other possible replacement would be. 8% crit's great but certainly not OP. It's pretty much CoA Robe/Spire/GoDR and infinite mana that shove necros into awesomeness territory.

SK/bard/necro has moved itself into sheer incredibleness for 3boxes. drat I love bards so much

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

If you don't go with your more local server (AB) or gimmick server, I'm gonna suggest going with Xegony. Mostly because I'm there, but also because the raid scene is really active, including a couple open/pickup raid groups run by roi and ms.

Who do you talk to in ROI and MS to get in on pickup raids? I did pickup raids all the time last year with MS and got fully raid geared, and I wanna do it again. The person that organized it in MS last year doesn't seem to play anymore, which is a shame because he was a good guy.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

MrTheDevious posted:

Pet DPS ain't that great

I havent even brought out a pet on my necro in months. Old school kiting, tanking and raid, yeah bring one out but after root-rotting throughout VoA I cant bring myself to go back to running in circles.

In a group, stuff dies so fast from swift dots its almost a hassle to manage a pet too

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I am going to probably trot out my characters again to do some leveling. I have two boxes I made for Test, a Mage and a Shaman.

What would be the best 2 to go with them to compliment the best, leaving room for 2 mercs? All characters are roughly the same level 70ish -

Account 1 - Bard/Druid/Necro
Account 2 - Cleric/Shadowknight

I'm thinking Bard and Cleric for now, so I can use 2 tank mercs (or 1 tank/1 dps?)

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Necro and SK.

The bard/druid overlaps with the shaman and the necro will give you more dps than the bard would add.

A cleric brings nothing to your box that the merc wouldn't do just as well.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
My War/Clr/Enc combo hit 80 this weekend, is there still anyone around that makes the Abstruse armor?

Also, I need to make the transition from leveling post 80. I'm starting to get into unfamiliar ground. I hear alot of people suggesting AG in guildchat, is that where I should look?

Also, before I start the 80+ grind, I've asked in the past about which would be better, Enchanter or Druid (I have an 80 druid as well) Just want to double verify before I start comitting more time that it would be better as the War/Clr/Enc than War/Clr/Druid.

Akiosan
May 21, 2005

We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country.

Comfortador posted:

My War/Clr/Enc combo hit 80 this weekend, is there still anyone around that makes the Abstruse armor?

Also, I need to make the transition from leveling post 80. I'm starting to get into unfamiliar ground. I hear alot of people suggesting AG in guildchat, is that where I should look?

Also, before I start the 80+ grind, I've asked in the past about which would be better, Enchanter or Druid (I have an 80 druid as well) Just want to double verify before I start comitting more time that it would be better as the War/Clr/Enc than War/Clr/Druid.

If you have dps mercs AG should be a walk in the park. Could not really answer any group make-up questions though.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Comfortador posted:

80 is great for Ashengate. I'd stay there until lvl 85, do J5 merc, then very slowly and very carefully try your hand at entry-level HoT content. It will be slow, but when you do finally kill a mob or finish a task, the xp reward will be major.

I would much prefer druid to an enc. The druid can port, buff with damage shield, temporary HP increase and mana regen, heal, snare, root (not sure how good though), run speed buff, and more. You will be lacking haste, but haste pots are almost as good.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Node posted:

Who do you talk to in ROI and MS to get in on pickup raids? I did pickup raids all the time last year with MS and got fully raid geared, and I wanna do it again. The person that organized it in MS last year doesn't seem to play anymore, which is a shame because he was a good guy.

Not sure for MS. For RoI you ask someone you know to bring you along, so I'd be the one to ask.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
Yeah I've found i'm kind of screwed either way. I miss out on Clarity and Haste for my mercs without the enchanter, and I miss out of Damage Shields and Regen and Run speed without the druid.

I like the Evac and Ports with the Druid. I'm a big proponent of the OH poo poo button. Probably from my days on Rallos, I always wanted an escape plan. :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Comfortador posted:

Yeah I've found i'm kind of screwed either way. I miss out on Clarity and Haste for my mercs without the enchanter, and I miss out of Damage Shields and Regen and Run speed without the druid.

I like the Evac and Ports with the Druid. I'm a big proponent of the OH poo poo button. Probably from my days on Rallos, I always wanted an escape plan. :)

Hmmm...Clarity, Haste, Damage Shields, Run Speed and Regen...if only there was a class that provided all 5 of those things...

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
I hate you.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Comfortador posted:

I hate you.

Oh be fair bards are like 100% afk class now

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Medullah posted:

Hmmm...Clarity, Haste, Damage Shields, Run Speed and Regen...if only there was a class that provided all 5 of those things...

War/Clr/Brd -or- how I learned to stop dpsing and enjoy 30 minute trash fights.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Vomik posted:

War/Clr/Brd -or- how I learned to stop dpsing and enjoy 30 minute trash fights.

That's like a 70k dps group. With 3 wiz mercs doing 60k of it.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

The more I play em, the more I'm convinced SK/Necro/Bard is the best poo poo ever. I hadn't really been watching the necro much until the talk about ench + necro and bard + necro up above, but drat bards are awesome. I wouldn't have been too upset if bards were like chanters and didn't add poo poo to the necro, but that is not the case at all. Bard turns mine into a powerhouse from hell :stare:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Bards are legit boosts for everyone. But bonuses for dots are multiplicative instead of the crappy additive way they stack for nukes. So dots basically get the best possible outcome from bonuses to add in to the *3.6 crit multiplier and *2 twincast mod, making any flat damage or additional mod function even better.

It's how dots with a base damage of 2500 can crit tick for 80k.

(Probably wrong on exactly dot crit mod and mine is slightly different)

bacon!
Dec 10, 2003

The fierce urgency of now
Since I have been a bad guild mate and Dark Soulsing for the last couple weeks, I will make it up to you all with a link to a song I wrote about Everquest:

http://db.tt/7zywvoPZ

Based on a true story!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

Not sure for MS. For RoI you ask someone you know to bring you along, so I'd be the one to ask.

Who are you in game? I'm Edrick.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Node posted:

Who are you in game? I'm Edrick.

Our open raids are Weds at 7:30est/4:30pst, looking for you in game.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Does anyone know offhand if there are any time restrictions to /testcopy? Once a day/week etc?

It's about time for my usual annual go round and I thought I'd try a necro for the first time ever. They've made a couple of my old illusion items heirloom status so I thought I'd copy a char across to play with those and my meagre 10k or so, I do note I have a ton of velocity tokens though and can afford 6 of the platinum bags to help get going \o/

Have they really not updated the hot zones since 2011?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Fazana posted:

Does anyone know offhand if there are any time restrictions to /testcopy? Once a day/week etc?

It's about time for my usual annual go round and I thought I'd try a necro for the first time ever. They've made a couple of my old illusion items heirloom status so I thought I'd copy a char across to play with those and my meagre 10k or so, I do note I have a ton of velocity tokens though and can afford 6 of the platinum bags to help get going \o/

Have they really not updated the hot zones since 2011?

I believe it is every 8 hours for /testcopy. You could always create a new account for free on your live server and trade the items back and forth on various mule characters to maximize your item copying potential.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Consider most of us are vomiting plat or spend it on useless poo poo, don't worry too much about it.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

Our open raids are Weds at 7:30est/4:30pst, looking for you in game.

Thanks again man, that was fun. Especially raiding something that was a straight up revamp from Velious. Looking forward to next Wednesday!

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

HAHAHAHAHA gently caress YOU MAGES. FINALLY. Get some, you dirty pieces of poo poo. Come back to my world where tanking stuff is a challenge.

You guys on Live get ready, Test jut got hit with a MASSIVE pet nerf :woop:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

MrTheDevious posted:

HAHAHAHAHA gently caress YOU MAGES. FINALLY. Get some, you dirty pieces of poo poo. Come back to my world where tanking stuff is a challenge.

You guys on Live get ready, Test jut got hit with a MASSIVE pet nerf :woop:

What happened?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

They reduced base hp across the board and cut EM focus in half

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Stanos posted:

Consider most of us are vomiting plat or spend it on useless poo poo, don't worry too much about it.

On that note, can someone throw Thalyn some plat? I went broke buying a few 28 slot bags and a Snood.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Holy fuckballs that's a decent nerf. Not surprising but still sad. :(

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Anybody on Luclin happen to have any Tea of the Shard that they can spare for me to copy ad infinitum? I have no problem finding Planar Donuts, but Tea of the Shard is the best tank beverage I have seen and I have not seen a drop of it in a week on Live or Test.

I have some cash on Luclin if you would like compensation.

Akiosan
May 21, 2005

We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country.

JustJeff88 posted:

Anybody on Luclin happen to have any Tea of the Shard that they can spare for me to copy ad infinitum? I have no problem finding Planar Donuts, but Tea of the Shard is the best tank beverage I have seen and I have not seen a drop of it in a week on Live or Test.

I have some cash on Luclin if you would like compensation.

I was trying to get the stuff together to make this on test and it seems to me that the reason these aren't as widely seen is due to the fact that the tea leaves are stupidly uncommon. They are forageable and droppable in zones like Natimbi. I spent the other day and killed something like 200-300 mobs that are supposed to drop em and got three tea leaves.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Here are the patch notes. Some really interesting stuff, particularly with the UI.

The pet stuff only affects lvl 96-100 pets though.

quote:

April 11, 2013

*** Items ***

- Rust-Tinged Box of Fear now states what class it is for in the Lore tab description.
- Removed Berserkers from Warden's Stone of Enhancement since they can't use 1h weapons.
- Freedom of Dexterity now has added backstab damage.
- Fear Fruit now properly causes damage when eating it.
- Hero's Forge robe augments can now be used on any leather armor.
- Increased the mana, spell damage, and clairvoyance on caster 2h weapons from Rain of Fear. Removed attack, combat effects, and strikethrough from caster 1h and 2h weapons.
- Changed the way the berserker breastplate clicks Chaotic Frenzy and Boundless Frenzy work. The procs are now much harder to resist, but they have a limit of 10 procs as they were originally intended to and occur less often.
- Added labels to many existing items that were part of lore groups but did not indicate so, such as Drops of Focused Sunlight and Stones of Power.
- Fixed a spelling error in the "Title Pack: Animal Lover" item.
- Greatly reduced the size and weight of houses when placed in your inventory.
- The mana recourse effects on all of Brell's prayer shawls have been increased in power, but now should only benefit the caster once per spell.
- 2-handed piercing bonuses have been added to Cleave. Beginning with Cleave VII, 2-handed piercing has replaced Kick when Cleave has a damage added bonus. This is a short-term fix. We are working on a long term resolution for a future release.
- Corrected several items that could sometimes fail to activate their spell effects due to timer sharing. Examples include the 'Vicious Rabbit' and the potion 'Kilva's Blistering Flesh'.
- All weapon and shield ornamentations that are purely cosmetic (ones do not offer stats or spell effects) no longer require a solvent to remove.
- Clarified the tribute description for the 'Trophy of the Garden Path'.

*** Tradeskills ***

- Kerst Frostrift and his companions have created what they call the "New Tanaan Merchant Alliance" in the Plane of Knowledge. He might have some particularly interesting news for you if you have completed a certain shawl...
- The book "Fear Powered Fletching" now lists how to create Terror Crossbows and Terror Crossbow Bolts.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Adjusted the damage dealt by the mission-specific spells used in "More Gnomes, More Problems" to make melee and spell damage outputs more comparable.
- Made significant tuning changes to the mission "Piestro's Day Off":
- - Enemies will no longer repop in the mission.
- - Removed most passive abilities from the template characters and replaced them with activated abilities.
- - Lowered the recast timers of several very long abilities so they can be used much more often.
- - Increased template character power relevant to the template class. Warriors now have higher defense and AC. Monks and Rogues have higher melee damage output and avoidance. Casters have larger mana pools and regenerate mana faster.
- - Added a dagger to the rogue template so that they can properly backstab.
- - Most NPCs can now be snared, mesmerized, and otherwise crowd controlled.
- - Reduced the HP, damage, and maximum level of many NPCs that could overwhelm the party.
- - Reduced the spell resistance for all NPCs.
- - Changed the maximum number of any particular template character to 1. Each player must now play a different class.
- - Removed the ability to bring Mercenaries into the instance.
- The Dynamic Zones for Grelleth's Palace and Shard's Landing will now allow players to be added after the raid event has been won.

*** Spells ***

- All player spells and abilities that affected piercing or two-handed attacks have been adjusted to enhance Two-Handed Piercing where appropriate.
- Ranger - Flusterbolt and Blusterbolt are now physical resist abilities and should land far more reliably.
- Beastlord, Magician, and Necromancer pets (level 96-100) have had their base HP and AC reduced slightly. Halved the AC and HP advantage given to pets with the most basic focus (Enhanced Minion VII) and adjusted the later ranks accordingly.
- All existing player-castable pet block buffs have had damage caps added to them. These values should easily exceed damage from group content of the appropriate eras:
- - Set a damage cap per hit on Ward of Calliav of 11747.
- - Set a damage cap per hit on Guard of Calliav of 12922.
- - Set a damage cap per hit on Protection of Calliav of 14214.
- - Set a damage cap per hit on Bulwark of Calliav and Feral Guard of 15635.
- - Set a damage cap per hit on Mammoth-Hide Guard of 17198.
- - Set a damage cap per hit on Aegis of Calliav of 17198.
- - Set a damage cap per hit on Dragonscale Guard of 18918.
- - Set a damage cap per hit on Bulwark of Tri'Qaras of 18017/18467/18929.
- - Set a damage cap per hit on Aegis of Kildrukaun of 18918.
- - Set a damage cap per hit on Spectral Rampart of 19580.
- - Set a damage cap per hit on Beastwood Rampart of 20265.
- - Set a damage cap per hit on Beastwood Ward of 22902.

*** AA ***

- All AAs that affected piercing or two-handed attacks have been adjusted to enhance Two-Handed Piercing where appropriate.
- Fixed an issue where using a Glyph AA would cause your current HP to get out of synch.
- Nature's Bounty will now do a proper second forage in zones where there are scripted forage events.
- Berserker - Dying Blow will now correctly trigger when you die.
- Cleric - Corrected an issue with Touch of the Divine which could have prevented it from properly healing the player it landed on.
- Monk - Techniques of Master Wu will now execute only the skill that triggered it, and can now chain a few extra times.

*** Achievements ***

- Existing Rain of Fear Collection Achievements have been moved underneath the Rain of Fear expansion header in the Achievements window. This should not affect player progression on those achievements.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- It is now possible to forage while on a mount.
- Added the 2H Piercing skill to the game, and renamed Piercing to 1H Piercing.
- Added a /leaverealestate command that will exit a real esate zone. This is also available in the EQ Menu under Real Estate.
- Fixed an issue that would cause certain archery attacks to miss when accuracy was too high.
- Fixed multiple instances of abilities and spells with a percent chance to happen missing out on 1% of that chance.
- Adjusted the difficulty of learning Begging, Intimidate, and Disarm. They should be much easier to learn.
- Fixed an issue where ground spawns (such as collection items) could spawn in the air.
- House yards and interiors can now hold more items.

*** UI ***

- Added more appropriate minimum sizes to some of the windows.
- Added the ability to pull up the bazaar search (Shift+Ctrl+Left Click) and barter search (Shift+Alt+Left Click) windows from multiple different locations like inventory slots or item links.
- Changed the selections in the Loot Nodrop confirmation pulldown. "Sometimes" is now named "Not Usable". Additionally, updated /lootnodrop to now accept "usable".
- Added check boxes to filter mercenaries and pets in the Tracking Window that tie in to the existing All, Group or None filters.
- Converted all of the dragitem TGA files to the DDS format to reduce memory requirements. If you maintain a UI that uses custom images, we suggest you define these images in another XML file and add the name of that file to EQUI.xml instead of adding them directly to EQUI_Animations.xml.
- Corrected many icons that previously bled into each other.
- Added many more usable icons to the game.
- Converted the location of where we define a window as "Escapable" from the code to the XML for that window. There is now a new XML tag that we recognize "Escapable". By default, all windows that don't have this tag will default to closing when pressing 'Esc'.
- Enhanced bazaar window to allow the query button to be refreshed even if no changes have been made to the search terms.
- Added to the default context menu for all windows the ability to set "'Esc' to Close".
- Changed defaults.ini to force many windows to not be escapable by default to address clients using custom UI's that haven't been updated.
- The SC icon will now flash and broadcast a message when an item goes on a flash sale. Clicking the SC button will take you to that item.

- Changed -
EQUI_ActionsWindow.xml
EQUI_AggroMeterWnd.xml
EQUI_AlertStackWnd.xml
EQUI_Animations.xml
EQUI_AuraWnd.xml
EQUI_BreathWindow.xml
EQUI_BuffWindow.xml
EQUI_CastingWindow.xml
EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml
EQUI_ChatWindow.xml
EQUI_CombatAbilityWnd.xml
EQUI_CompassWnd.xml
EQUI_EQMainWnd.xml
EQUI_ExtendedTargetWindow.xml
EQUI_GroupMentorWnd.xml
EQUI_GroupWindow.xml
EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml
EQUI_LargeDialogWnd.xml
EQUI_MailCompositionWindow.xml
EQUI_MercenaryManageWnd.xml
EQUI_MusicPlayerWnd.xml
EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml
EQUI_PetInfoWindow.xml
EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml
EQUI_PotionBeltWnd.xml
EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow.xml
EQUI_TargetOfTargetWindow.xml
EQUI_TargetWindow.xml
EQUI_Templates.xml
EQUI_TrackingWnd.xml
SIDL.xml

I'll begin working on updating ZlizUI to match the changes.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

The forage table in Natimbi is also loving huge, around 50 items. So you won't even get many if you leave a forage bot there overnight.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I think ferubi is a good zone to kill things for the tea leaves.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Pilsner posted:

I'll begin working on updating ZlizUI to match the changes.

A workaround I used on beta was to copy all the old dragitem.tga files to my custom dir. Since editing my eqanimations file hard crashed me.

It's a terrible long term solution, but anyone who needs their ui NOW can use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Carl Seitan posted:

On that note, can someone throw Thalyn some plat? I went broke buying a few 28 slot bags and a Snood.

Where you getting 28 slot bags from? The largest I've seen are the Unexpanded series (which I don't know where to get the book to learn how to expand them btw)