Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gredgie
Dec 9, 2012

Is there any in this rout
with authority to treat with me?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Isn't that what Tools>Click Here to Begin Repair in the launcher does?

It's greyed out for me, I've even looked in the source files for a repair.exe or something to no avail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

MCHM.avi

http://youtu.be/5nXgexMBlWo

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Debuff Hot Potato The Game II: Debuff Harder

Not that I would know, I had a ridiculous time on NM.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Is there some weird trigger for the anti-kiting movement on BAMs that I'm just not seeing? Been levelling my Slayer and occasionally theyll do that super fast movement with damage collision that almost always knocks you down when I'm point blank on them and if they do it more than once in quick succession it's pretty much guaranteed death solo. That poo poo sucks and is seriously putting me off. I wouldn't mind at all if I was getting killed by some ability on the mobs, but it just feels like some shoddily coded BAM-wide mechanic. It's so arbitrary and sucks all the fun out of taking them on solo.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

Wilekat posted:

Is there some weird trigger for the anti-kiting movement on BAMs that I'm just not seeing? Been levelling my Slayer and occasionally theyll do that super fast movement with damage collision that almost always knocks you down when I'm point blank on them and if they do it more than once in quick succession it's pretty much guaranteed death solo. That poo poo sucks and is seriously putting me off. I wouldn't mind at all if I was getting killed by some ability on the mobs, but it just feels like some shoddily coded BAM-wide mechanic. It's so arbitrary and sucks all the fun out of taking them on solo.

So far as I can tell, it's pretty much random. Some BAMs do it more than others, but every one I've fought does it. You just have to deal with it when it happens, even if it means you lose the fight.

Be on the lookout for it pretty much all the time. If you've got good reflexes you can usually pull off a dodge before they reach you on their little trip. That being said, they usually turn and wallop you as soon as you stand up which doesn't help. The only way to deal with that is to take the dodge glyph that sometimes eliminates cooldown and hope it procs.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
http://tera.enmasse.com/introducing-pets

Petssssssss! Its coming!

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
If only the in-game writing could be as funny and not-terrible as this.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

If only the in-game writing could be as funny and not-terrible as this.

Every quest name is a pun, all problems are solved.

Ample
Dec 26, 2007
I downloaded this game last night and was planning to play a Mystic because I like support classes with offensive and defensive abilities. Mystic seems like its in high demand too. I played a Bard on release in FFXI for example and was always a fan of Red Mage. Everything I've read on Mystic though makes it sound like leveling is the slowest most painful way to start the game.

Would I be much better off rolling a Priest or Sorcerer? Is it significantly faster or easier? I'm just looking for a fun casual level up experience but I assume I'm going to be soloing more than duoing.

Edit: Also can't decide between Baraka or Popori but that seems more like a personal preference.

Ample fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 9, 2013

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Ample posted:

I downloaded this game last night and was planning to play a Mystic because I like support classes with offensive and defensive abilities. Mystic seems like its in high demand too. I played a Bard on release in FFXI for example and was always a fan of Red Mage. Everything I've read on Mystic though makes it sound like leveling is the slowest most painful way to start the game.

Would I be much better off rolling a Priest or Sorcerer? Is it significantly faster or easier? I'm just looking for a fun casual level up experience but I assume I'm going to be soloing more than duoing.

Edit: Also can't decide between Baraka or Popori but that seems more like a personal preference.

I'd say Popori because you're a lot more likely to be zoomed out on Baraka than Popori, resulting in a much higher crosshair. Not really a problem for melee classes or people just looking for PvE, but it can be pretty bad if you're having to aim down all the time for PVP for piercing shots.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Ample posted:

Mystic is pretty much the most unfun solo class. Priest isn't much better in my opinion, but it's not quite as bad. Sorc is fun but kinda slow until you get spells in your 20s and 40s.

Also strongly recommend Popori, if you go with a pug you can smoke a pipe, or you could be the king of cats!

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Ample posted:

Popori Sorc.

Pooptimus Prime
Jun 12, 2005

Need I remind you!? The foolish receive no mercy...

Ample posted:

Mystic leveling is definitely slow, I've been duo leveling my Mystic with another girl's Mystic. Even with two of us, it's slow going, but on the bright side... we don't ever die! Between skittles + our tank summons + healing each other, it's incredibly safe (even during at-level BAM fights), just slow. It does help a bit to glyph some moves for damage once you hit 20, but you'll eventually replace them with more support-oriented glyphs. Even with those damage glyphs, though, Mystic isn't really an offensive class by any means IMO.

But really, if you can make any sort of DPS friend to level with, that should help with the speed a lot. Plus it'll help you learn the support role as you level.

My Sorc is only level 30, but so far I'm really having a lot of fun with him. So far, all the classes I've tried beyond Mystic (really only leveling one so that we have more than one possible healer in the group I level with on PVE) have been a lot of fun and unique in their own way. Try 'em all, is what I say!

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
As Prime said, you should definitely try all of the classes. They're all extremely different from eachother and surprisingly fun in their own unique way. I guess it has something to do with the fact it is the animations that makes them different and not just visuals like in many other games.

Ample
Dec 26, 2007
Are Priests better than Mystics at PVP?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Curse of Confusiooooooooooooooooooon.

(Priests are harder to kill, Mystics make you want to rip your eyeballs out because gently caress their CC)

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

(Priests are harder to kill, Mystics make you want to rip your eyeballs out because gently caress their CC)

I can only imagine it is kind of like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ka0reL8hzs&t=14s

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Saw this the other day about classes PvP :

http://imgur.com/a/9htsV

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Hah thanks, I was looking for it.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
That's incredibly accurate.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Sooo I should delete my warrior and reroll? I'm only lvl 15 so its no big deal. I was having fun but it was definitely retarded trying to solo some things. I loved dying to a mob coming back and watching another class solo it with ease. I might just be bad though.

Khako fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 12, 2013

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Khako posted:

Sooo I should delete my warrior and reroll? I'm only lvl 15 so its no big deal. I was having fun but it was definitely retarded trying to solo some things. I loved dying to a mob coming back and watching another class solo it with ease. I might just be bad though.

Its fairly hard to die while soloing unless you are fighting a BAM. Are you wearing crystals? Use regen crystals. Those will help keep your health/mana up so you can kill faster with less downtime. Also as a warrior you can attack to the side of an enemy so it moves you away after you swing to avoid attacks from mobs. That and evasive roll red glare attacks.

Tensei
Nov 24, 2010

All the 8reaths. All of them.
Warrior is probably one of the better classes to level first if you don't mind the difficulty. You can get a taste of both tanking and DPS in dungeons, it's one of the strongest classes for PVP, and they're probably the best at soloing certain dungeons as well (which lets you make a lot of money). They're not that amazing at solo leveling, but shouldn't really be dying either. :v:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Warrior leveling gets at lot faster once you get Traverse Cut and Blade Draw at 28. Enemies die pretty quickly after that.

Tensei
Nov 24, 2010

All the 8reaths. All of them.

I think I've invested about 30k gold into this weapon at this point. :suicide:

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
I just made a sorceror on the side and liking it a lot more so far, those numbers look pretty.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...
I kinda miss this game. Have the pets come out yet and how good/bad are they? I remember a long time ago they had a pet vendor in Velika but for reasons unknown they got rid of it.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Tensei posted:

7.2% correction AAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
That's about 15-16 straight failures?

I got to 6% on my sorc's disc going from +9 to +10. It sucked, but at least Jax and UTI helped soften the financial blow. I'd hate to imagine how long it'd take/how much it would have cost prior to the enchanting changes that came with Rising.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

It was manageable and not much slower.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Tensei posted:

No attack speed %? Condolences.

Pooptimus Prime
Jun 12, 2005

Need I remind you!? The foolish receive no mercy...

cathead posted:

Warrior leveling gets at lot faster once you get Traverse Cut and Blade Draw at 28. Enemies die pretty quickly after that.

Also, once you unlock glyphs, make sure to glyph Rain of Blows for the heal-per-hit and Combative Strike for less HP cost. Those two alone should help increase your survivability.

--

Anyone in particular we should vote for this vanarchy round, btw?

Also, am I the only one still having super lag on MT? I find my chars on TR to be fine, but I'm constantly rubberbanding/lagging on MT.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I'll post who to vote for in Northern Shara shortly, in the meantime vote for TFT and us.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

KaneTW posted:

I'll post who to vote for in Northern Shara shortly, in the meantime vote for TFT and us.

Why are we voting for TFT when they aren't voting for us?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

a) Noone else in Southern Shara who's decent, b) One of their members made a rather good spreadsheet containing vanarch BAM locations and I'm grateful for that

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Hey sorry for the newbie questions recently but is crafting okay to do in this game with your first character? I got mixed responses in chat.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Khako posted:

Hey sorry for the newbie questions recently but is crafting okay to do in this game with your first character? I got mixed responses in chat.

For the most part, only alchemy, for potions and scrolls. At the very end of the game you have the option to craft a set of high-tier PvP gear (Conjunct) and a nearly impossible set of general gear (Visionmaker) but otherwise that's it.

Blots of Ink
Mar 3, 2011
Just Reinstalled. Looking forward to playing with you gentlemen.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Khako posted:

I wouldn't bother aside from maybe alchemy. You'll get plenty of gear just from quests, and it's super easy to level crafting anyway due to being able to use the mission board quests. Just wait until you need it (for like conjunct or something).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat TFT didn't run this month? Oh well vote for us in Arun and anyone else in N/S.Shara

• Locked thread