Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Now watch some bombshell drop later tonight (as if the lead-in to this intermission wasn't bad enough).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Happy backwards pi day, everybody! :toot:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
It's so nice that John is finally getting to meet Dave face-to-face after all this time they've spent talking on the Internet.

DaveKap posted:

Is there perhaps a larger resolution version at wherever it was you found it?

Not any larger than what you get by clicking the resolution box in the timg tag, but the person who linked it says it's from here: http://tricotee.tumblr.com/tagged/trico-art

Edit: the original post says that's the full size.

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 13, 2013

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Dorroile posted:

Volume 9 is basically the best album, though??

Volume 9 had a few good tracks and a bunch of completely forgettable stuff. To me, besides the themed albums like The Felt or Strife! there hasn't been a single album released yet with consistently great tracks that accompany each other as well as everything in volume 7. Not even close.

There have been some really nice songs on the other albums but if I wanted to listen to homestuck music, volume 7 is the only album I can listen to in order without feeling like I need to skip any of the tracks.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Wrist Watch posted:

Volume 9 had a few good tracks and a bunch of completely forgettable stuff. To me, besides the themed albums like The Felt or Strife! there hasn't been a single album released yet with consistently great tracks that accompany each other as well as everything in volume 7. Not even close.

There have been some really nice songs on the other albums but if I wanted to listen to homestuck music, volume 7 is the only album I can listen to in order without feeling like I need to skip any of the tracks.
Oh drat I knew I was forgetting an album. Strife! is definitely one of the best. I'm surprised Hussie has only used one song from it (Time on my Side) considering it has perfect fight music for all the Beta kids. I hope we get a second volume with Alpha kid oriented themes now that I think about it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Technically "Dance of Thorns" got used for the kickstarter promo video.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Ablative posted:

John's body on the ship disappeared, that makes me think he is awake.

I would actually be really sad if John is actually not done warping around yet for whatever reason despite seeming to have finally settled into a single spot, and instead zaps away just before he can properly meet up with everybody.

Nate RFB posted:

Technically "Dance of Thorns" got used for the kickstarter promo video.

I was both happy and sad about this because Dance of Thorns is by far my favorite track on that album and I'm glad it got used in some capacity, but I wish it had been within the actual comic itself.

Speaking of which, didn't Dance of Thorns and I think Sunslammer get picked up to appear in Rock Band a while back? Whatever happened to that? Did it actually happen?

(wooo 1000 pages)

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

I've always liked Strife, particularly Atomic Bonsai. :allears:

Then again, all the songs are great! I hope we get another Strife album.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Is it still 4/13 in the Homestuck universe too? Because if so happy birthday John, lemme dump your best bro at your feet for some mad fistbumps. I think there will probably be more to come later today, I'm excited. :neckbeard:

The parts of act 6 before they entered the session was the only time that it wasn't 4/13 in-comic.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
And you guys thought there wouldn't be a flash. :allears:

Happy 17th 16th birthday Ebgert you amazing dork.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
A truly unceremonious first meeting for all these Internet pals. I can't wait
for the next updates.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Is it still 4/13 in the Homestuck universe too? Because if so happy birthday John, lemme dump your best bro at your feet for some mad fistbumps. I think there will probably be more to come later today, I'm excited. :neckbeard:
Isn't it technically 4/12? Jane's conversation with Jake from months ago said that it was the day before her birthday, which is the same day as John's birthday.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
But there aren't any stairs nearby! How will John greet Karkat properly?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

CidGregor posted:

Speaking of which, didn't Dance of Thorns and I think Sunslammer get picked up to appear in Rock Band a while back? Whatever happened to that? Did it actually happen?

IIRC, it was just a thing where anyone could submit songs to appear ingame and so long as they didn't infringe on any copyrights they could get in.

I'd double check but the only place I remember reading about it was on the mspa forums and I don't feel like digging through that site.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Wrist Watch posted:

Yeah I agree with you about Vol 7, basically because it's practically a theme album in everything but name. It's not a huge monster album like 5, 8, or 9, so it's much easier to maintain cohesiveness and quality. Also, I might be wrong about this part, but I think a lot of the earlier stuff in Vols 1-4 and maybe 6 was written for Hussie's needs in the comic rather than as a cohesive album. Vol 5 was the first to shift to having music produced for the sake of being music rather than stuff pulled from the comic, but there was so many loving remixes ugh. 6 had a lot of 'jokey' stuff that sounded good individually but didn't really mesh. 7 got the best of everything- smaller manageable size, and material produced for a cohesive album, rather than comic-soundtrack or collection of stuff the music team's done.

Vol. 9 was good, it had some really high highs (Austin Atlantis, Moonsetter, Requited, Noirscape off the top of my head) and I mostly liked it, there are a few I skip but I wouldn't call them bad, it's just there's a lot of chaff that could have been excised. Same for Vol. 8 actually.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Cat Mattress posted:

But there aren't any stairs nearby! How will John greet Karkat properly?

The mounds look stepped enough to warrant a pushing in the downward direction.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

IUG posted:

THREAD.

IF YOU ARE READING THIS, IT MEANS YOU HAVE POSTED ENOUGH TO REACH 1,000 PAGES.

WHILE A GOOD PART OF IT WAS TALKING ABOUT LIVE BLOGS TALKING ABOUT READING THE COMIC, IT IS A SMALL PRICE TO PAY FOR THIS IMPORTANT STEP ON BECOMING A LENGTHY THREAD.

I AM SO, SO, SO PROUD OF YOU.

Speaking of which, Treestuck seems to be updating again.

Hey, Corgi, what's with that fish she keeps mentioning?

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 13, 2013

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

lotus circle posted:

Isn't it technically 4/12? Jane's conversation with Jake from months ago said that it was the day before her birthday, which is the same day as John's birthday.

The Trickster mode rampage lasted several+ hours, probably long enough for the date to change, or get close enough.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

1000th page on 4/13. You guys loving did it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

1000th page on 4/13. You guys loving did it.

We are the stars.

It's us.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I haven't made a Homestuck song in months, so I decided the best time to break that fast would be today:

Grimbark

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Well Manicured Man posted:

I haven't made a Homestuck song in months, so I decided the best time to break that fast would be today:

Grimbark

God drat that loving owns and needs to be on an album.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

atomicthumbs posted:

It's so nice that John is finally getting to meet Dave face-to-face after all this time they've spent talking on the Internet.

Not any larger than what you get by clicking the resolution box in the timg tag, but the person who linked it says it's from here: http://tricotee.tumblr.com/tagged/trico-art

Edit: the original post says that's the full size.
Aw drat. Oh well, it still makes a fantastic wallpaper when resized so I'm satisfied.

And hey, welcome page 1000! Now that we've finally made it, I have no objections to starting a new thread. :P

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

The real trick would have been to make it to page 1025 on 4/13. :colbert:

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Glory of Arioch posted:

The real trick would have been to make it to page 1025 on 4/13. :colbert:

No way man, 1111 or bust.

Corgi
Jun 9, 2010

Tunicate posted:

Speaking of which, Treestuck seems to be updating again.

Hey, Corgi, what's with that fish she keeps mentioning?

Oh hey I didn't know that nerd was updating. (The fish is a betta fish she fell in love with yesterday and bought today. As he is a 4/13 fish I will call him nothing besides Eridan (because she hasn't met Meenah yet (how did you guys know I was here))).

Grimbark

Can I just say this is loving awesome.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
Update.

Oh my god John is just so happy. :allears:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Update! And John receives the best face of all :syoon:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
And there it is.

The end of the year.

So now we approach the ominous object between the act windows and stuff.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
I don't know about you guys but now that they've met up I am so ready for some really long and massive walls of dialoglog.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Corgi posted:

Oh hey I didn't know that nerd was updating. (The fish is a betta fish she fell in love with yesterday and bought today. As he is a 4/13 fish I will call him nothing besides Eridan (because she hasn't met Meenah yet (how did you guys know I was here))).

We just know.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

All the misery in Homestuck has been to prepare for the sheer overwhelming glee on John's face right now.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Oh yes!
A happy face!
The happiest face!

e: want that happy face as an avatar.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
But how will we go on without Intermissions within Intermissions? :saddowns:

So with this starts Act 6 Act 6, which is the final part of Act 6 if what we've been led to believe is right. Unless he decides to cram in one more intermission before Act 7.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Grimbark

This is amazingly good.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
That is just incredibly loving precious. I mean :sbahj:

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target

Red Metal posted:

Oh yes!
A happy face!
The happiest face!

e: want that happy face as an avatar.
Might be a bit too big but:

"Let me tell you about Homestuck"

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's like John saw all of Rose and Jane's faces and felt the need to go on a rollercoaster of expressions to win the race of the best faces in the comic.

Grimbark

That's amazing, man!

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
All these faces Hussie's been drawing lately are the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Actually works as an avatar on the Something Awful forums.