Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar
Is there an iOS 6 capable solution for hiding icons? I've tried using Poof but it seems to work sporadically at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

bomblol posted:

Is there an iOS 6 capable solution for hiding icons? I've tried using Poof but it seems to work sporadically at best.

Do apps like Springtomize and SBSettings (which uses "libhide" to hide icons) not work?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Is there any iOS 6 replacement for Ipsum? I mean, Ipsum still works but now you can only clear the notification from the lockscreen, but it won't remove badges, and it won't remove it from the Notification Center.

For removing badges, BatteryDoctorPro is what I use. You can add BadgeClear to the NC Widget, and works from both the NC and the lock screen.

Go to Settings > Toggle Configuration, and then drag them in the order you want them. The first 5 will show up on the NC and lock screens.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
Is there a way to change lockscreens for themes that uses their own lockscreen? There's a particular lockscreen that I like to use but I can't use it due to the theme using it's own lockscreen.

edit: Hope that makes sense. It sounded funny when reading it again.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

iLikeMidgets posted:

Is there a way to change lockscreens for themes that uses their own lockscreen? There's a particular lockscreen that I like to use but I can't use it due to the theme using it's own lockscreen.

edit: Hope that makes sense. It sounded funny when reading it again.

Can't you create priority in Winterboard by selecting and moving one thing above another? I maybe wrong though?

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

Team THEOLOGY posted:

Can't you create priority in Winterboard by selecting and moving one thing above another? I maybe wrong though?

Holy crap, thanks. I've been jailbreaking since 3g and I have never known this. :doh:

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

iLikeMidgets posted:

Holy crap, thanks. I've been jailbreaking since 3g and I have never known this. :doh:

Haha I found out the hard way by screwing stuff up a bunch beforehand, glad I could help.

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar

Xenomorph posted:

Do apps like Springtomize and SBSettings (which uses "libhide" to hide icons) not work?

Sbsettings doesn't work, although I think it uses the same method as poof. I haven't tried springtomize yet because I hesitate to shell out three bucks if I can't even be sure it's going to work.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Team THEOLOGY posted:

This doesn't seem to work with all themes, though. I tried it with Typophone and Guess What, and both ignored my lock background and used theirs.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

bomblol posted:

Sbsettings doesn't work, although I think it uses the same method as poof. I haven't tried springtomize yet because I hesitate to shell out three bucks if I can't even be sure it's going to work.

Springtomize definitely works for me in hiding icons. It's a great and very versatile app that's well worth the $3

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

bomblol posted:

I've never had a problem with Poof. Do you respring your phone after you choose which icons to hide?

ZombieIsland
Jan 21, 2011

The name is Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street
Is there a way to change the color of alert boxes? I use to have a winterboard theme that changed the badges to green and the alert box to a dark grey.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Thirst Mutilator posted:

drat. I'm pretty sure there's a loose pin in my 4S and I'm pretty sure I'm still under warranty (got a replacement a month ago or so). It'll probably come with firmware that's jailbreakable but not the latest 6.1.2 :(
Charging ports are piss easy to replace. Around 5 minutes of work. Just eBay the part and DIY.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

ZombieIsland posted:

Is there a way to change the color of alert boxes? I use to have a winterboard theme that changed the badges to green and the alert box to a dark grey.

Badge Customizer is free and you can change it to any color you want/any position on the app/size of the alert badge, etc.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

OpenBackup promised a lot, but didn't deliver. :(

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

NeuroticErotica posted:

Worked for me. What happened to you?

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

NeuroticErotica posted:

I'm sorry, I shilled the hell out of that. It's worked so many times for me, what went wrong?

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Blimpkin posted:

I'm sorry, I shilled the hell out of that. It's worked so many times for me, what went wrong?

I backedUp using it, then when I hit restore it just circles for a minute, then tells me it worked and has me reboot... and nothing.

I remember what I have, but it's just a LOT of respringing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BlurriedNCBackground makes the notification center look really nice. You can guess how it looks but here's a gif from some random reddit post which made me aware of it:

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

NeuroticErotica posted:

I backedUp using it, then when I hit restore it just circles for a minute, then tells me it worked and has me reboot... and nothing.

I remember what I have, but it's just a LOT of respringing.

You backed up using OpenBackup, THEN backed up your phone, THEN restored, THEN restored using OpenBackup, right?

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST
So I've spent the last few hours searching and can't come up with an answer.

I know that you can't downgrade from 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 or 6.1. I'm currently running 6.1 on a jailbroken iphone 5. I would like to do a restore to 6.1 (same version). Is this possible? I read somewhere that even though I would like to restore to the same version, it's considered a "downgrade" (not latest version) and will not work.

I do have a locally saved .shsh for 6.1 and have tried using tinyumbrella, but when it's about to start to restore I get error 11. I was able to get past that and got error 21.

With that being said, I have almost 3 gb of "other data" on my phone and am trying to do a restore if that fixes the issue of having so much space taken up.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Instead of messing with all that can you just try using something like PhoneClean?

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

The Dave posted:

Instead of messing with all that can you just try using something like PhoneClean?

Hmm, that looks like it would work. Unfortunately, it crashes as soon as I open it.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

orinth posted:

Hmm, that looks like it would work. Unfortunately, it crashes as soon as I open it.

Have you tried iCleaner Pro? It's free in Cydia.

Repo is http://exile90software.com/cydia/

Mr Hands Colon fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 13, 2013

ZombieIsland
Jan 21, 2011

The name is Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

BlurriedNCBackground makes the notification center look really nice. You can guess how it looks but here's a gif from some random reddit post which made me aware of it:

What icon theme is this gif using?

Edit - is there anyway to get rid of this black background and have the wallpaper cover it up?

ZombieIsland fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 13, 2013

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Have you tried iCleaner Pro? It's free in Cydia.

Repo is http://exile90software.com/cydia/

That worked! Cleared up 900mb. Thanks!

rikatix
Aug 24, 2010

orinth posted:

That worked! Cleared up 900mb. Thanks!

Out of curiostiy I ran this app to see what it would clear. loving 2 gigabytes of information. WTF?! Now I'm really curious what was deleted. Then again I have had the same backup on all my iPhones since the first one so maybe thats it.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

rikatix posted:

Out of curiostiy I ran this app to see what it would clear. loving 2 gigabytes of information. WTF?! Now I'm really curious what was deleted. Then again I have had the same backup on all my iPhones since the first one so maybe thats it.

It clearly tells you what it's deleting unless I'm missing what you're talking about.

rikatix
Aug 24, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

It clearly tells you what it's deleting unless I'm missing what you're talking about.

It is very vague, just a status bar progressing.... all it says is "applications" or "cache"

edit: It's not like I am worried about what it deleted, phone works fine and everything is in tact. I am sure it's just some old crap from years ago tinkering with jailbreaking.

edit2: Well piss, would have been interested in seeing what was going on behind the scenes.

rikatix fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 13, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

rikatix posted:

It is very vague, just a status bar progressing.... all it says is "applications" or "cache"

I thought you could click in on that and see specifically what's being deleted. Mine was broken up by app and such.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Is there a (more recent) App Update Hider that works? I want to ignore an update to an app, but don't want to turn off the badges all together. "Update Hider" on Cydia stopped working with 4.3 apparently.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Voodoo posted:

Is there a (more recent) App Update Hider that works? I want to ignore an update to an app, but don't want to turn off the badges all together. "Update Hider" on Cydia stopped working with 4.3 apparently.

Download iFile and then go into the app directory and rename the itunesmetadata file.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Is there a stable way to disable the Spotlight page for iPhone 5's? I tried two that both messed up my front page. One was all jumpy and jerky, the other messed up animations and wouldn't let me open folders.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Chinaman7000 posted:

Is there a stable way to disable the Spotlight page for iPhone 5's? I tried two that both messed up my front page. One was all jumpy and jerky, the other messed up animations and wouldn't let me open folders.

You didn't say which ones you tried, but I have NoSpot on my iPhone 5 and it does exactly what it says.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
This helps when I'm looking for where the heck my "Other" data is hiding:

du -hs
(part of the "coreutils" package)

Just SSH and start looking at directories. (ie: "du -hs /var/mobile/Library")

I found 2+ GB of data here:
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.MobileSMS/ExtendedPreviews/Attachments/

I found another 2+ GB of data here:
/var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/

None of it was needed. It was all counted as part of "Other", and not cleaned up with iCleaner or anything.

On my repo (cydia.xenomorph.net), I put up an "XdN Shell Tools" package. It's mostly just some little config files, but it lists a bunch of other shell-related packages as dependencies, such as 'top', 'less', 'inetutils', 'coreutils', 'vim', (etc.) to get a lot of command line tools loaded up.

The config files set up directory listing colors, shortcuts like the "ll" command, and a few other things. I felt it makes using the terminal a lot more like working on a Linux system, and easier to view files, check directory sizes, etc.

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

Xenomorph posted:

This helps when I'm looking for where the heck my "Other" data is hiding:

du -hs
(part of the "coreutils" package)

Just SSH and start looking at directories. (ie: "du -hs /var/mobile/Library")

I found 2+ GB of data here:
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.MobileSMS/ExtendedPreviews/Attachments/

I found another 2+ GB of data here:
/var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/

None of it was needed. It was all counted as part of "Other", and not cleaned up with iCleaner or anything.

On my repo (cydia.xenomorph.net), I put up an "XdN Shell Tools" package. It's mostly just some little config files, but it lists a bunch of other shell-related packages as dependencies, such as 'top', 'less', 'inetutils', 'coreutils', 'vim', (etc.) to get a lot of command line tools loaded up.

The config files set up directory listing colors, shortcuts like the "ll" command, and a few other things. I felt it makes using the terminal a lot more like working on a Linux system, and easier to view files, check directory sizes, etc.

What's with the "Note: Don't download this." In the description?

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

Ezrem posted:

What's with the "Note: Don't download this." In the description?

Sorta like a joke disclaimer.

Even though it doesn't do much, I haven't tested it with any other tweaks (I don't know if any other package tries to write to ~/.vimrc, for example), so I don't know if it would cause trouble.

So, if someone says that it destroyed their device, just by downloading it, I could say "well, it says *not* to download it."

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search but couldn't find anything.

I'm poor so only have an iphone 3G, is there any way I can get the Awful app to work on it? I tried but it says I need ios 5.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Reposting this from the iOS app thread as it may be more JB-centric: This has to be a very remedial question but I've never thought about it. Is there an app to merely download all pics/videos that were sent to my phone and save them to a windows machine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Reposting this from the iOS app thread as it may be more JB-centric: This has to be a very remedial question but I've never thought about it. Is there an app to merely download all pics/videos that were sent to my phone and save them to a windows machine?

Pretty sure iFunBox can do this, no JB required.

• Locked thread