Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Or just being a contrarian douche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Or that Thrawn is actually a pretty dumb character and stands out because "pretty dumb" is a huge step up from the rest of the EU's "magnificently dumb?"

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
http://starwars.com/this-is-madness/

I love how R2-D2 made it to the final four.

Wow, that video...what has Star Wars become :(

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Ah yes the great Captain Rex...

seal it with a kiss
Sep 14, 2007

:3
I like how the only two OT characters that lost to a prequel character are Tarkin and Bossk. OT has a much stronger bench going for them.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Luke beat Wedge in the first round, poll is therefore rigged

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

http://starwars.com/this-is-madness/

I love how R2-D2 made it to the final four.

Wow, that video...what has Star Wars become :(

Is there any possible way Vader doesn't win?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

seal it with a kiss posted:

I like how the only two OT characters that lost to a prequel character are Tarkin and Bossk. OT has a much stronger bench going for them.

Obiwan is his Prequel form though.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
That is the worst seeding ever.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Yoda won, 60/40, btw.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
This is madness. (seriously, that video... :smith: )

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Signs fans suck
  • Yoda over Vader
  • Han Solo out in the second round to Prequel Obi-Wan
  • Luke Skywalker out in the second round to Yoda. Seriously, can you imagine Luke not winning this thing when we were kids (assuming you all grew up in the 80s like me)?
  • Emperor loses to Boba freaking Fett.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Yoda has been my favorite character for 30 years. gently caress the haters.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Derek Dominoe posted:

Signs fans suck
  • Yoda over Vader
  • Han Solo out in the second round to Prequel Obi-Wan
  • Luke Skywalker out in the second round to Yoda. Seriously, can you imagine Luke not winning this thing when we were kids (assuming you all grew up in the 80s like me)?
  • Emperor loses to Boba freaking Fett.

This is the only thing that bothers me honestly.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The main thing that bothers me is that the Fetts are dark side. There are three sides of the blade

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

BonHair posted:

The main thing that bothers me is that the Fetts are dark side. There are three sides of the blade

Well, the poll was hosted on StarWars.com and I'm pretty sure you'll find that in the movies and tv shows, there is only completely good and cartoonishly evil, with very little middle ground (I mean, Vader becomes good at the end of Jedi, but for the most part, everyone is either a hero or a complete dick. I mean, poo poo, even Uncle Owen had like, no redeeming qualities. Dude's only in like two scenes).

They only accept T-canon and above. :colbert:

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Locutus of Bald posted:

Well, the poll was hosted on StarWars.com and I'm pretty sure you'll find that in the movies and tv shows, there is only completely good and cartoonishly evil, with very little middle ground (I mean, Vader becomes good at the end of Jedi, but for the most part, everyone is either a hero or a complete dick. I mean, poo poo, even Uncle Owen had like, no redeeming qualities. Dude's only in like two scenes).

They only accept T-canon and above. :colbert:

We mocked that Traviss-ty mercilessly in this thread and the other one so I'm pretty sure he's being facetious.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was watching ESB last night with my son. Was that an IG 88 droid in Cloud City?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

euphronius posted:

I was watching ESB last night with my son. Was that an IG 88 droid in Cloud City?

There's a broken one in the scene where C-3PO gets taken apart, I believe

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

alg posted:

There's a broken one in the scene where C-3PO gets taken apart, I believe

And yes, It has a cameo in the EU.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

SeanBeansShako posted:

Not the most obscure character from ESB, though.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

quote:

An action figure depicting Willrow Hood was to be released by Hasbro as part of a The Empire Strikes Back-themed wave in the fall of 2009, despite four years of opposition from Hasbro Design Director Brian Wilk. The figure was eventually released by Hasbro as part of "The Legacy Collection" of action figures.

The ultimate vendetta.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

I love how what is clearly a basic, vaguely industrial-looking prop becomes an AI core with sensitive data on the Alliance.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

SeanBeansShako posted:

The ultimate vendetta.

Does Brian Wilke not like to make money? :confused:

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

SeanBeansShako posted:

More than a Cameo... I think it was Tales of Bounty Hunters where it explained how the body ended up in that garbage bin.

Oh, and there were four versions of IG-88

3 of them were killed off, and the last downloaded his mind into the Death Star.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I can live with all of them but the Death Star one. Even by Star Wars EU standards it is simply taking the piss.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SeanBeansShako posted:

I can live with all of them but the Death Star one. Even by Star Wars EU standards it is simply taking the piss.

Kevin J. Anderson wrote that story.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

SeanBeansShako posted:

It was pretty funny when he started trolling the Emperor with the doors, though.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

SeanBeansShako posted:

I love that story! It's so deliciously ludicrous.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There was only 4 version in the universe one of them happened to be in a Cloud City incinerator at that time?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

euphronius posted:

There was only 4 version in the universe one of them happened to be in a Cloud City incinerator at that time?

I think it is implied that got hosed up by Fett or something and his rear end was just dumped there because Cloud City has a top notch recycling program.

Here is a good Infinities idea, Threepeo was so hosed up Chewbacca hot wired him into that droids body and he became a bad rear end killing machine AND translator diplomat.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Calax posted:

3 of them were killed off, and the last downloaded his mind into the Death Star.

I never got that. He's a machine, shouldn't he be able to copy his mind into the Death Star without turning his body into an empty husk? Did his copy of Linux include only mv, no cp?

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

SeanBeansShako posted:

I think it is implied that got hosed up by Fett or something and his rear end was just dumped there because Cloud City has a top notch recycling program.

Here is a good Infinities idea, Threepeo was so hosed up Chewbacca hot wired him into that droids body and he became a bad rear end killing machine AND translator diplomat.

Because that scene in Attack of the Clones was so good....

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SeanBeansShako posted:

It's been done.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Derek Dominoe posted:

Because that scene in Attack of the Clones was so good....

Here is the catch, He is more IG-88 than Threepeo. And it isn't done for comedy relief too.

And I aware it has been done. I'm trying to forget it.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/17/4235696/new-star-wars-films-to-be-released-every-summer-beginning-with?utm_source=feedly

Episodes VII - IX coming in 2015, 2017, 2019 with standalone character focused movies in the years in between. :regd08:

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

astr0man posted:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/17/4235696/new-star-wars-films-to-be-released-every-summer-beginning-with?utm_source=feedly

Episodes VII - IX coming in 2015, 2017, 2019 with standalone character focused movies in the years in between. :regd08:

This has the potential to be so bad but I will watch every single one in theaters as soon as they're released.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Epi Lepi posted:

This has the potential to be so bad but I will watch every single one in theaters as soon as they're released.

Same :shepicide:

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Same. I'm too far in now to back away. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Oh I will see them all too for sure :sigh:. Has there been any word from disney on what's going to happen to the EU? Especially if all that canon is going to get squashed in 2 years?