Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
This sounds pretty awesome. I would appreciate being added to the list.
I have plat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
I would also appreciate an invite code, if anyone has one to spare.

badkarma1138 at gmail dot com

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Just sent a code to Hedonista

hedonista
Feb 23, 2007

why is grief. grief is strange black. sugar is melting. we will not swim.

djfooboo posted:

Just sent a code to Hedonista

Thanks again! I emailed my code to Reverend Joe (at presidentforlife at gmail).

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

LikeFunOnlyBoring posted:

So, because I wanted to see how far down the list I was, I compiled a list of all people that have asked for codes. I figured I'd post it here. This is the list as far as I could tell. If I missed something, let me know.

Mikey Purp - mikeviola at g mail

My email is actually mikejviola at g mail. I can also receive PMs. Thanks for compiling the list!

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

New page, updating LikeFunOnlyBoring's list. You're struck out if someone said they sent you a code, and removed if you mentioned getting it.

Vampire Panties - Didn't say (PMs?)
Reverend Joe - presidentforlife at g mail
The Stewart - PMs
demozthenes - threexonefourone at g mail
Abbeh - donrufie at g mail
pacmania90 - PMs
d3lness - Didn't Say (PMs?)
UtinniOnTheRocks - utinniontherocks at g mail or PMs
Zombie Octopus - octopuszombie at hot mail or PMs
Daev - daevaflaev at g mail or PMs
Colt Cannon - bionicpope at g mail or PMs
Nolanar - Tusz42 at g mail
Anxious Guinea Pig - rmerrill160 g mail
El Jebus - jebus.drifts at g mail
Squiggly - taylorna25 at g mail or PMs
Tender Child Loins - hotdogday46 at g mail or PMs
funzo2226 - PMs
Allahu Snackbar - Didn't say (PMs?)
Mrs. Glottis - leahbeah at g mail
da 2pocolypse - dmlord2 at g mail
Crunchtime - derek.smith423 at g mail
Sheldrake - PMs
iostream.h - iostream.header at g mail
Rubicon - drakenorden at g mail
Corkscrew - corkscrew at g mail
Pile of Kittens - non.applicable at g mail
convict - broduderson at g mail
Samswing - samswing85 at g mail or PMs
Dazerbeams - d.e.monier at g mail
err - kevangallagher at g mail
Mikey Purp - mikejviola at g mail or PMs
Xovaan - xovann at g mail
SaberToothedPie - clm805 at g mail
Praelin - PMs
BlueInkAlchemist - PMs (maybe got from RavenousElegance?)
TangentEnigma - johnquincyadams at g mail
Oae Ui - PMs
Howling Bells - PMs
MadFriarAvelyn - PMs
Alereon - Didn't say (PMs?)
eggrolled - eggrolled at live.com
cementsocks - cementsocks at g mail
d00kie - evolve555 at hot mail
LikeFunOnlyBoring - legend_224 at lycos
Tourette Meltdown - PMs
illcendiary - PMs
Toshimo - toshimo at toshimo.com
Business Gorillas - Kramersux at g mail
psychic onion - psychiconion at g mail
TheBandOffice - hacking4food at g mail
TsarZiedonis - cz5748a at student dot american dot edu
Leximancer - johror24 at gmail dot com
mikeycp - PMs
ShamIAm - badkarma1138 at gmail dot com

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.
In this week's box, I had:

Summer Pudding: Cranberries, blackcurrants, sponge pieces, and yogurt sunflower seeds. The sponge pieces, as others have said, are loving amazing - think tiny little meringue candies - and I really enjoyed pairing them with the cranberries and currants. Ditto the yogurt sunflower seeds, which I felt worked better here than in the last mix I had them in. My one complaint is that there were a bit too many of the currants. Like

Mumbai Masala: Curry rice crackers, chickpeas, and cashews. I really have no complaints here. The crackers were delicious as usual - I never thought I'd be so excited for rice crackers! - and the cashews soaked up the masala seasoning really well too. The big surprise here was the chickpeas, which were like crunchy little channa masala bites. Love!

Apple and Cinnamon Flapjack: Enough has been said already about how delicious these little oat bars are. This one tasted like a really, really good apple-cinnamon oatmeal. Thus far, my ranking of the flavors would be Summer Berry > Apple and Cinnamon > Orange and Ginger, but they're all good enough for me to rate them at Love.

Cookies and Cream: Mini chocolate cookies, white chocolate, hazelnuts, and sunflower seeds. This would have been a solid "like" if it weren't for the fact that those drat sunflower seeds took up like half the container and didn't really mesh well with the rest of the ingredients. The rest were good, though: The cookies were pleasantly chocolatey and nutty and not too sweet, and the hazelnuts combined well with both them and the white chocolate. Sadly, however, because of those drat sunflower seeds, this one's going in the Trash.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Nolanar posted:

New page, updating LikeFunOnlyBoring's list. You're struck out if someone said they sent you a code, and removed if you mentioned getting it.

Sent one to The Stewart

I got my Bunny today. Boston Baguettes are pretty good.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

sent one to demozthenes

e: may have sent it twice sorry buddy mail was being stupid

chewybagel
Feb 13, 2006
My fourth box:

Fruit and Seed Flapjack Man, I have been eagerly waiting to try all of the flapjacks, but I wasn't so into these. The dominant flavor was definitely from the raisins, and I'm just not a big raisin fan. I can't bring myself to hate on the flapjacks, though, so I'm keeping it at a try for now.

Boston Baguettes I like the tomato breadsticks. I like the barbecue relish (sweet and a little tangy). I'm not sure if they work so well together. But it was definitely easy munching, so I'm keeping it at try

Garden of England This was like eating a tasty jam. This wasn't quite a love, so I rated this a like.

Marvellous Macaroon I tried this last because I expected to hate it since it has those large pieces of white chocolate in it. I almost hate it, but I like the crunchy amaretti drops. Once again, I'm keeping it a try so I can revisit this.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

I have tried three boxes, canceled afterwards.

Everything is actually quite good. That said, I don't have that refined of a palate.

The goods seem to be healthier (and portioned better) than typical junk food you might eat on a work day. There are some imaginative options as well. The box is nice and I think the portion is legit, but lean. You kind of have to psyche yourself out as a big fat american to enjoy the crazy food box you got in the mail. You are probably going to want to eat more afterwards. If you have the ability to not do that then you might actually subscribe for good.

There are exceptions - the nuts are good. They are obviously included sparingly based on cost. You will generally end up with a protein tub, and 3 sugary/granoly tubs.

As others have said, you can get pistachios from almost any grocer. Dried fruit? In every supermarket fruit aisle since the 90s.

It is a very clever concept but unless they add something truly unique it is not worth it at all. Take a walk to your grocer and toss some yogurt covered raisins in with some sunflower seeds and some dried berries. Dash a little vanilla on top. GRAZE that poo poo.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
After like 5 boxes I've trashed well over half the stuff and now I'm getting stuff I like, but it all feels not quite substantial. I've signed up for naturebox now, we'll see how that goes.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Looking forward to this if I can get a code! :unsmith:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I love this idea for a startup. Would love an invite whenever anyone can get around to it :3:

my email is tim [at] timgonzales [dot] com

teagone fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Apr 11, 2013

Coin
Jan 9, 2006

I'm no shitposter; I always know how I'm posting is wrong. I'm just a guy that doesn't like reading the thread, effortposting, and respecting the mods. So if you think about it, I'm the best poster here.
used

Coin fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 27, 2015

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I'd love to give this a whirl, sign up cscoles at gmail if you get a second

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Box #6:

Super Berry Detox: The most interesting part of the mix was the goji berries, which I'm not sure I've had before. They have a nice sour/spicy taste similar to tamarind. I wish there would have been more blueberries and fewer raisins, though. As far as the pure fruit mixes go, I liked the Garden of England better.

After Dinner Mint: Mint-infused raisins are probably the oddest component of any Graze snack mix I've seen, and I have to say they're surprisingly good, though a bit confusing to my mouth—it was like my brain refused to acknowledge them as raisins and I just tasted mint candy. They complemented the dark chocolate well, and the almonds worked well in the mix too. If you're a mint chocolate fan, you really should try this.

Yaki Soba: I liked all the individual components of this, but didn't think it worked particularly well as a snack mix, due to the combination of textures and too many similar flavors. It was also a bit too salty.

Toffee Apple: It was delicious, but not something I'd want to get again. The portion size especially felt too small with this one—there just wasn't enough apple, and the caramel sauce tasted like the caramel sauce you get anywhere else. Nothing special.

Lethargerk
Oct 10, 2010
I just received an e-mail from Graze. I've bolded something that should interest everyone on the invite waiting list:

quote:

Here at graze we’re always trying to improve our service and make our customers even happier. We’d love a little hand from you to help us do this…

We’ve sent you a special spring treat in the mail which should be arriving in the next few days. All you have to do is let us know when it does arrive. It’s super easy and quick…

1) when your surprise arrives go to https://www.graze.com/bunny
2) enter the code on the letter with your surprise
3) check the day on which your surprise arrived

As a little thanks for your help we will credit your account with an extra invitation code so you can invite one more friend to join graze!

Thanks in advance for your help, you’re the best!

Happy grazing!
The graze team x
Unfortunately, I'm going to be keeping my new code for a friend, but everyone else will get a second chance to invite a goon. This could help process the backlog of people waiting if the current subscribers can be pestered enough to bother with it.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
The one thing about Graze I love is that they keep adding new products (which I wish I could bloody get as 'send soon' to try them out..) - case in point, the Graze Brownie, Little Puds, the 'Breakfast Club' which I haven't gotten into yet, and their latest thing - 'British Beef Jerky' with a slow cooked tomato relish. I used to get jerky occasionally from a place in England, couldn't get the good jerky from SA because of stupid EU meat importing laws, and buying from this company meant I had to spend a bit to compensate for postage costs. With Graze doing jerky, now I can get some of that in my box. Going to doctor my ratings to see if I can rig the system to get it in my next box.

e: Also, had their popcorn with a twist of black pepper the other day. Holy poo poo was that good, never expected that.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
orange and ginger flapjack is another great flapjack. They could really elevate this with a healthy dose of candied ginger, as it's mostly just a mild orange. Like.

jaffa cake is extremely solid with a perfect blend of dark chocolate with the hazelnuts and raisins. Not a ton of depth, but still it's a Love.

smoky gazpacho dip is almost a barbeque style dip. The smokiness doesn't really come through until the finish. A good balance overall. Like.

texan corn salsa is a great salty snack mix. Extremely crunchy, but not tough. Leaving at try.

I have 31 non-trashed items now, having gotten rid of the bad, the ugly, and the mundane. I will probably trash at least 5-6 more as I get them, but the below are definitely worth your time.

honeycomb flapjack
summer berry flapjack
scrumptious blueberry swirl
billionaire's shortbread
sticky chocolate pudding
apricot torte
jaffa cake
black pepper pistachios

Innerguard posted:

The one thing about Graze I love is that they keep adding new products (which I wish I could bloody get as 'send soon' to try them out..) - case in point, the Graze Brownie, Little Puds, the 'Breakfast Club' which I haven't gotten into yet, and their latest thing - 'British Beef Jerky' with a slow cooked tomato relish.
None of these are available in the US.

AreYouStillThere
Jan 14, 2010

Well you're just going to have to get over that.
The Stewart - PMs
pacmania90 - PMs
funzo2226 - PMs
Sheldrake - PMs
Praelin - PMs
Oae Ui - PMs
Howling Bells - PMs
MadFriarAvelyn - PMs
Tourette Meltdown - PMs
illcendiary - PMs
mikeycp - PMs

I just sent my super special Easter code to Abbeh. I'll let you know as soon as s/he gets back to me, and I updated the list.

Indecisive Squirrel
Apr 28, 2009
I want in on this! It looks awesome.

hilldandy at gmail dot com

Much appreciated and of course should I ever get a code to pass on to someone else, I will! :)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

AreYouStillThere posted:

The Stewart - PMs
pacmania90 - PMs
funzo2226 - PMs
Sheldrake - PMs
Praelin - PMs
Oae Ui - PMs
Howling Bells - PMs
MadFriarAvelyn - PMs
Tourette Meltdown - PMs
illcendiary - PMs
mikeycp - PMs

I just sent my super special Easter code to Abbeh. I'll let you know as soon as s/he gets back to me, and I updated the list.

That's such a long list :(

AreYouStillThere
Jan 14, 2010

Well you're just going to have to get over that.
Ok sorry I realized I didn't add all the new people from this page so this is a TRULY updated list. Anyone who updates this list from here on out only needs emails from this post down. We still haven't heard back from the first 4 people so they are remaining struck out. Abbeh confirmed that the code was received so is removed.

The Stewart - PMs
pacmania90 - PMs
funzo2226 - PMs
Sheldrake - PMs
Praelin - PMs
Oae Ui - PMs
Howling Bells - PMs
MadFriarAvelyn - PMs
Tourette Meltdown - PMs
illcendiary - PMs
mikeycp - PMs
Rapdawg - PMs
teagone - tim [at] timgonzales [dot] com
Coin - PMs or jaredhkline at yahoo dot com
McSpankWich - cscoles at gmail
Indecisive Squirrel - hilldandy at gmail dot com

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

That list would be nothing if people followed the goddamn rules of the pass it to a goon

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

djfooboo posted:

That list would be nothing if people followed the goddamn rules of the pass it to a goon

Agreed.

I did get the email from Graze today about the free code. As soon as I get the box I will post it up here.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I'm doing my best to eat healthier and this sounds absolutely fantastic. My email is alex.kleinman at g mail if the list is still open to new additions.

Foam Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Lurkzilla
Grimey Drawer
Just got the e-mail that a bunny is on the way to me, so as soon as I get it I'll make sure to check the list and pass the new code on.

flynt
Dec 30, 2006
Triggerhappy and gunshy
I received my box for the week and I trashed everything with chocolate afterwards. I received the sticky chocolate pudding and it was like soup when I opened the box. I refrigerated it and it was still pretty tasty after it solidified but it seemed like a good idea to remove any chocolate. I'm in Florida so it's something to think about for others in warm areas.

djfooboo posted:

The people that sent the codes should check to see if it was redeemed; if not they should send to the next person. That would be pretty messed up if all those people redeemed the codes and didn't pass it on.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

flynt posted:

I received my box for the week and I trashed everything with chocolate afterwards. I received the sticky chocolate pudding and it was like soup when I opened the box. I refrigerated it and it was still pretty tasty after it solidified but it seemed like a good idea to remove any chocolate. I'm in Florida so it's something to think about for others in warm areas.

The people that sent the codes should check to see if it was redeemed; if not they should send to the next person. That would be pretty messed up if all those people redeemed the codes and didn't pass it on.

I got an email when my code was redeemed so I knew it was used right away. I would hope that person did the right thing and shared his/her code with another person that had put their name on the list. if they didn't, well, a plague of locusts upon their snacks then.. or thieving office workers which will be just as effective.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Should we double check with the recipient before sending the code? It was at least several weeks ago that these people signed up so maybe they forgot?

Xazak
May 6, 2008
added myself:

AreYouStillThere posted:

The Stewart - PMs
pacmania90 - PMs
funzo2226 - PMs
Sheldrake - PMs
Praelin - PMs
Oae Ui - PMs
Howling Bells - PMs
MadFriarAvelyn - PMs
Tourette Meltdown - PMs
illcendiary - PMs
mikeycp - PMs
Rapdawg - PMs
Xazak - xazak47 at gmail

this list is huge but those snacks look pretty good

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

I've periodically tried random codes from googling and retailmenot, but no luck yet :( Many thanks to the folks that put the list together--it gives me some hope :v:

IllIllIll
Feb 17, 2012
drat this sounds so awesome. I'd love it if someone could hit me up at wensey at g mail dot com

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
Wait, titles can have text in them? Well I'll be...
Got an extra code from their spring thing. Sent it to pacmania90.

Reject
Nov 4, 2002
Code sent to d3lness via PM.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting on that list, please. Either username at gmail or PM.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Alright, I had PM'd d3lness as well but didn't provide a code in case something like that happened. I registered and now have a code, so looks like UtinniOnTheRocks is next up. Sending via PMs; UtinniOnTheRocks, please confirm with me that you don't already have a code.

The Stewart - PMs
pacmania90 - PMs
funzo2226 - PMs
Sheldrake - PMs
Praelin - PMs
Oae Ui - PMs
Howling Bells - PMs
MadFriarAvelyn - PMs
Tourette Meltdown - PMs
illcendiary - PMs
mikeycp - PMs
Rapdawg - PMs
Xazak - xazak47 at gmail
theflyingexecutive - theflyingexecutive at gmail dot com or PMs

Edit: Code sent to UtinniOnTheRocks!

illcendiary fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Apr 16, 2013

totally losing my mime
Aug 3, 2012

The quiet can scrape
All the calm from your bones.
But maybe it should.
Maybe we need to be hollowed
To get up and grow,
And stop fucking around,
To kick off our braces and start straightening out
Fun Shoe
PM sent to Zombie Octopus. I'll update the list once I hear back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Received my bunny code and PM'ed Daev, I will post back and update the list once I hear back.

• Locked thread