Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Pureauthor posted:

Well, we just got Etrian Odyssey IV and Fire Emblem, Soul Hackers is about to come out, SMT IV soon, and Etrian Odyssey: Millenium Girl somewhere down the line...

Atlus really is doing work on the system.

Fixed for EU, wherein we don't get games at all or much, much later! It's funny how poo poo the 3DS library is in Europe because it's missing so many of the US releases. To be quite honest, if the DS library wouldn't work on it, I still wouldn't consider it worth buying over here and certainly not recommend it to others. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Katana Gomai posted:

Fixed for EU, wherein we don't get games at all or much, much later! It's funny how poo poo the 3DS library is in Europe because it's missing so many of the US releases. To be quite honest, if the DS library wouldn't work on it, I still wouldn't consider it worth buying over here and certainly not recommend it to others. :sigh:

Nintendo 3DS General Discussion - Nintendo EU :argh:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Got my copy of Tingle from gamedealdaily! You guys weren't kidding about the box, jeez. Kiiiiinda wish it wasn't the German version so I could actually read the box and manual but whatever, game's English enough for me.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

absolutely anything posted:

Got my copy of Tingle from gamedealdaily! You guys weren't kidding about the box, jeez. Kiiiiinda wish it wasn't the German version so I could actually read the box and manual but whatever, game's English enough for me.
You only got a German manual? Usually they're in multiple languages here, since the carts use whichever language the console is set to.

Comparison between EU 3DS game cases, NA DS game cases and EU DS game cases:

Thankfully we get nice slim cases for 3DS games.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I don't mind the fatness of the EU cases (although I like the slim ones better) but the (lack of a) spine art pisses me off. It looks terrible and even more so because I got a bunch of US games in my wall to compare them to.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

irlZaphod posted:

You only got a German manual? Usually they're in multiple languages here, since the carts use whichever language the console is set to.

Comparison between EU 3DS game cases, NA DS game cases and EU DS game cases:

Thankfully we get nice slim cases for 3DS games.

It's in German, French and Dutch. All the stuff says "assembled/printed in Germany" so I just said German version.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

absolutely anything posted:

All the stuff says "assembled/printed in Germany" so I just said German version.

All European games are "assembled/printed in Germany".

I personally love, love, the EU DS cases. They are exact same size as the Dreamcast cases and their white background make it easier to read the title when browsing a million games in the shelf. They just look outright better than their US/JP counterparts, in my opinion.

Timid
Dec 13, 2012

The Gunslinger posted:

What case are people getting? I can't get the leather one from the OP. I just need something to throw it in when I take it over to my girlfriends or etc, maybe a zip pouch type thing that could also hold a few games.

Heres one I found on eBay. It's the same as OP's.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Final Shovel Knight update - $311,502 pledged of $75,000 goal! All the stretch goals were met, including the final "all bosses in battle mode" goal (which isn't really relevant to this thread seeing as the 3DS version isn't getting the multiplayer mode. Thanks Yacht Club!).

Now we wait, and pray that they actually meet their "September" release projection.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

At 4x the money they asked for they better make their projected release date. That said, it looks like something I'd actually like to have on a 3DS instead of just waiting for a $2.50 sale on Steam or a Humble Bundle so I hope it'll come out.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders
They said they're going to do everything they can to get the main game out by September and then patch in the stretch goals via free updates post-launch. Whether or not that'll work out who knows but, they seem pretty committed to an on time delivery of the game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

OKay, I bought Luigi's Mansion for the promo (and a cute game). Which of the free games is the best value? They all seem interesting to me.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
They're all different kinds of games and you should focus more on what sort of game you want to play rather than which game is best.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pope Guilty posted:

They're all different kinds of games and you should focus more on what sort of game you want to play rather than which game is best.

Though this is completely valid advice, I've never been the type of person to be too narrow in my game choice. It's a goddamn curse.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Inzombiac posted:

OKay, I bought Luigi's Mansion for the promo (and a cute game). Which of the free games is the best value? They all seem interesting to me.

I got Star Fox. You can easily play it in short bursts so owning it digitally works great for me. As for the game itself, it's quality. Great controls and the 3D effects work perfectly. Lots of replayability too.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kilometers Davis posted:

I got Star Fox. You can easily play it in short bursts so owning it digitally works great for me. As for the game itself, it's quality. Great controls and the 3D effects work perfectly. Lots of replayability too.

I would up getting Professor Layton over Starfox ONLY because it's easier to find SF cheaper.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Get Layton and download all the bonus puzzles. That should keep you busy for awhile.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Len posted:

Nintendo 3DS General Discussion - Nintendo EU :argh:

Nintendo 3DS General Discussion - Yes, emigrate in NA.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
For those of you in Australia bemoaning the lack of that Fire Emblem 3DSXL bundle, Ozgameshop seems to be taking preorders for it.

http://www.ozgameshop.com/3ds-consoles/blue-nintendo-3ds-xl-console-with-fire-emblem-awakening-ltd-edition

Now I wish I hadn't spent quite so much at Supanova :shepface:.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Apr 15, 2013

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh man, not only is Power Rangers still around, Bamco's doing a new game for the 3DS:

quote:

SAN JOSE, Calif. – (April 11, 2013) - NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. today announced that Power Rangers MEGAFORCE® for the Nintendo 3DS™ will be heading to retailers in North and Latin America in fall 2013. The side-scrolling, action-packed video game will be based on the popular Nickelodeon television series of the same title allowing fans to play as the Power Rangers Megaforce and defend Earth against the evil Warstar aliens.

In this new chapter of the popular Power Rangers video game series, fans play as their favorite Megaforce Ranger while the supporting Power Rangers provide their boundless advice and encouragement to players as they battle their way through challenge after challenge. The Rangers' vocal and physical support will prove valuable as challenging situations and conditions arise in an attempt to foil players' advancement. Power Rangers MEGAFORCE will plunge players into intense battles against repulsive enemies, but by forming gigantic Megazords, the Rangers will be able to implement powerful combos to help get them on the path to victory.

To enhance the player's experience, Power Rangers MEGAFORCE will allow fans to scan official Power Rangers MEGAFORCE Morpher Cards to power up within the game. Players will also be able to utilize the Nintendo 3DS camera to take a picture and watch themselves actively morph into their favorite Megaforce Ranger to fend off enemy encounters with their own hands.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Neddy Seagoon posted:

For those of you in Australia bemoaning the lack of that Fire Emblem 3DSXL bundle, Ozgameshop seems to be taking preorders for it.

http://www.ozgameshop.com/3ds-consoles/blue-nintendo-3ds-xl-console-with-fire-emblem-awakening-ltd-edition

Now I wish I hadn't spent quite so much at Supanova :shepface:.

The only reason an Australian should buy an Australian 3DS is if they absolutely must have physical copies of games (edit: or local multiplayer with PAL region). $70 is a joke when you realise you can get the same game for $40 on the eShop.

AngryCaterpillar fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Apr 15, 2013

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I want to import an US 3ds, does anyone know a good store, preferably with no shipping costs?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

AngryCaterpillar posted:

The only reason an Australian should buy an Australian 3DS is if they absolutely must have physical copies of games (edit: or local multiplayer with PAL region). $70 is a joke when you realise you can get the same game for $40 on the eShop.

Hahah, yeah. Like I ever pay full retail price. I mean, yeah, it's a joke what they're asking, but even someone "stuck" with a PAL 3DS can be savvy about it.

And one day, when the region lock is broken..

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

FrickenMoron posted:

I want to import an US 3ds, does anyone know a good store, preferably with no shipping costs?

This one ships to Australia with $16 shipping, not too bad

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Red-Black/dp/B008GEH8LQ/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A133CKJ7CPNI6R

kirbysuperstar posted:

Hahah, yeah. Like I ever pay full retail price. I mean, yeah, it's a joke what they're asking, but even someone "stuck" with a PAL 3DS can be savvy about it.

Good luck with everything else on the eShop...

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Two big RPG releases this week - Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers in NA, and Fire Emblem Awakening in PAL-land (finally!). You can also grab a limited-edition Fire Emblem hardware bundle containing a digital copy of the game and a blue FE-themed XL, if that's your thing.

PAL-land is getting Dig Dug (NES) on the VC this week, as well as a bunch of new eShop sales that include Virtue's Last Reward, Liberation Maiden, Aero Porter and Crimson Shroud. No word on what NA's getting on the eShop this week, as per usual.

NA dudes - if you buy a 3DS XL and either Luigi's Mansion or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and register them with Club Nintendo between March 21 and April 30 you'll receive a download code for a free retail game! Freebies include Freakyforms Deluxe, Art Academy, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Star Fox 64 3D and Super Mario 3D Land. Details here.

quote:

3DS
    Fire Emblem Awakening - out now! (NA*) / April 19 (PAL*)
    Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed - out now! (everywhere*)
    Brain Age: Concentration Training / Devilish Brain Training - out now! (NA*) / "TBD" (PAL)
    Etrian Odyssey IV - out now! (NA*)) / "summer" (PAL)
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate - out now! (everywhere*)
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - out now! (everywhere*))
    Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - out now! (everywhere)
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity - out now! (NA*) / May 17 (PAL)
    Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers - April 16 (NA) / TBC (PAL)
    Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D - May 24 (everywhere)
    Animal Crossing - June 9 (NA) / June 14 (PAL)
    Project X Zone - June 25 (NA) / July 5 (PAL)
    Rune Factory 4 - "spring" (NA) / TBC (PAL)
    Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - "Q2/Q3" (NA/PAL)
    Mario Golf: World Tour - "Q2/Q3" (NA/PAL)

*demo available
3DS eSHOP SOFTWARE
    Picross-e2 - out now! (PAL) / TBC (NA)
    Nano Assault EX - out now! (everywhere)
    ATV Wild Ride 3D - out now! (NA) / "Q1" (PAL)
    HarmoKnight - out now! (everywhere*)
    Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger - out now! (NA) / TBC (PAL)
    Mario & DK: Minis on the Move - "2013" (everywhere)
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - "2013" (everywhere)
    Mighty Switch Force 2 - "2013" (everywhere)

*demo available
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Wario Land III (Game Boy Color) - out now! (PAL) / TBC (NA)
    Legend of the River King (Game Boy Color) - out now! (everywhere)
    Harvest Moon (Game Boy Color) - "2013" (NA) / "Q1 2013" (PAL)
    Ninja Gaiden II (NES) - "Q1 2013" (PAL) / TBC (NA)
    Mega Man 3 (NES) - out now! (everywhere)
    Mega Man 4 (NES) - April 25 (NA) / "April" (PAL)
    Mega Man 5 (NES) - May 16 (NA) / "May" (PAL)
    Mega Man 6 (NES) - "June" (NA/PAL)
    Shantae (Game Boy Color) - "soon" (NA) / TBC (PAL)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wait, what? I thought Amazon won't ship anything videogame-related to Australia. Or is that only actual games?

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wait, what? I thought Amazon won't ship anything videogame-related to Australia. Or is that only actual games?

Normally I would get a warning saying it won't ship to my address, but this one let me go right up to the page with the confirm purchase button, so it appears there are no issues with this seller.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

AngryCaterpillar posted:

The Fire Emblem XL is Europe-only, and Ozgameshop is just a front for one of those UK online stores that caters specifically to Aussie importers.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

AngryCaterpillar posted:

When there's actually anything interesting on the eShop aside from the stuff Nintendo gave me for free I'll be sure to feel bad. Or not.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Normally I would get a warning saying it won't ship to my address, but this one let me go right up to the page with the confirm purchase button, so it appears there are no issues with this seller.

I've had orders get that far too, only for them to throw a "Nope, we won't ship this to Australia" once I hit confirm purchase.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

AngryCaterpillar posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Red-Black/dp/B008GEH8LQ/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A133CKJ7CPNI6R

Should have said that im from the EU. Is buying from the eShop problematic? I thought playasia or some store sells cards for that.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Huh, that's about the same price as a local one so not bad at all. If I knew about this earlier I wouldn't have bought my Euro 3DS XL and instead bought this and kept my old 3DS.

FrickenMoron posted:

Should have said that im from the EU. Is buying from the eShop problematic? I thought playasia or some store sells cards for that.

Yeah you need to buy US cards for that. Most online places that sell them put a premium on them so you are actually not going to end up saving any money over the Euro eShop.

The main reason to buy a US 3DS is for the exclusive games, not for cheaper prices because after you factor in shipping you aren't saving much if anything compared to Europe.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Im mainly interested in Atlus games and some other rpgs which are unlikely to ever get a release in Europe. This wasnt an issue with the DS because of the lack of region lock. :sigh:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

In theory, you won't miss out on Atlus games anymore thanks to NISA signing up as the official Atlus EU publisher. If Rune Factory 4 comes here as well I won't be missing any game I want for the 3DS, which is a good thing. Last year I entertained the idea of getting a US system, but if things continue going well like this I won't need one at all.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Saoshyant posted:

In theory, you won't miss out on Atlus games anymore thanks to NISA signing up as the official Atlus EU publisher. If Rune Factory 4 comes here as well I won't be missing any game I want for the 3DS, which is a good thing. Last year I entertained the idea of getting a US system, but if things continue going well like this I won't need one at all.

Looks like I missed out on those news then! We still get the games one year late though right? Oh well, maybe it's time to get the EU fire emblem bundle then. I really want Rune Factory IV too though.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

jtm33 posted:

The main reason to buy a US 3DS is for the exclusive games, not for cheaper prices because after you factor in shipping you aren't saving much if anything compared to Europe.

I don't know if that's that exclusive anymore, considering the biggest grief was how Atlus-less Europe was, and that kind of resolved itself when NISA took up to fix that situation. Unless you're some kind of completionist and need the US releases.

Now a Japanese 3DS on the other hand...

EDIT: Slowpoke.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

Yeah it is looking good. We may still have to deal with delays and all that nonsense but I can put up with that as long as we get the games. There are a few unconfirmed games like Shin Megami Tensei 4 and Soul Hackers, but we will probably at least get SMT4.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NISA's only publishing EO4 at the moment, they don't have any sort of long-term deal to publish Atlus games in Europe (although they've said they want one).

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

FrickenMoron posted:

I was saying that you may be able to find retail games cheaper in the PAL region, but for any download-only content, you'll be paying about one third more.

A goon taught me that the NA eShop accepts foreign credit cards if you set your region to Alberta, Canada. It works.

jtm33 posted:

That's why I mentioned that the only obstacle to importing would be if retail-only games are important to you. I can manage with only buying games from the eShop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

AngryCaterpillar posted:

I was saying that you may be able to find retail games cheaper in the PAL region, but for any download-only content, you'll be paying about one third more.

A goon taught me that the NA eShop accepts foreign credit cards if you set your region to Alberta, Canada. It works.

Uhh.. I'll try that but why? Is it just an oversight?

• Locked thread