Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them

DrBouvenstein posted:

Ha, I love that the two virtual reality teen campers are in there for Jason X.

I wondered what happened to the bodycount from Part I but then I remembered that he didn't do those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
^^^Well there goes my joke.

Liar Lyre posted:

Reminds me of my favorite infographic. Linked for bigness.
Jason Voorhes bodycount

They don't show his deathcount from the original movie. WTF

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

IUG posted:

Oh man, they're near me too. I'm going to load up a car full of them when I buy a house and I'm either getting an office or a wreck room tiled with this.

Is this what you call your bedroom?

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Gromit posted:

He means a rec room. It's like a kids' play room usually. Presumably used for recreation.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Dr_Amazing posted:

He means a rec room. It's like a kids' play room usually. Presumably used for recreation.

:thejoke:

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

I cast Bigby's Grasping Hand on the elf...

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

"It was fashion killed the beast."

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

What's he wearing? I can't see anything:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Base Emitter posted:

I cast Bigby's Grasping Hand on the elf...

The elf is mildly disappointed!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

iraqniphobia posted:

According to this study 83.9% of doctors surveyed had performed elective surgery on family members.

Well when I was a little kid my father, a doctor, used to do surgery on me on a pretty regular basis

i think that's probably what taking out splinters counts as

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gromit posted:

Dr_Amazing posted:

Maybe IUG is planning on dedicating an entire room in his house towards loving poo poo up.

I've always wanted a rex room.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 11:18 on Apr 16, 2013

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Maybe IUG is planning on dedicating an entire room in his house towards loving poo poo up.

I misread that as 'sex room' and was very concerned when I saw the dinosaurs. :ohdear:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

veedubfreak posted:

^^^Well there goes my joke.

They don't show his deathcount from the original movie. WTF

He wasn't in the first movie. But then again, he wasn't really in the fifth either.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

You have to put a toilet somewhere.

(Yeah, I meant rec room. Heard it said so many times I forgot it meant "recreation room".)

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Alison Brie imitating some internet memes:

All stills from here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RlDJMLIBuE

Alison Brie. :allears:

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Liar Lyre posted:

Reminds me of my favorite infographic. Linked for bigness.
Jason Voorhes bodycount

I was about to say the first one isn't in there, but forgot about his mom doing all the killing. Doesn't the bit in the final scene count though?

Injun Greenberg
Sep 14, 2011
Guys I don't appreciate all the Friday XIII spoilers. You're all so insensitive.

Edit: vvv Yeah, why did I put it like that? Whatever.

Injun Greenberg has a new favorite as of 15:21 on Apr 16, 2013

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Stargate posted:

Guys I don't appreciate all the Friday XIII spoilers. You're all so insensitive.

I've only seen Friday I and II, so I have a lot of catching up to do.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

newreply.php posted:

I was about to say the first one isn't in there, but forgot about his mom doing all the killing. Doesn't the bit in the final scene count though?

At the end of the first movie the lone survivor dreams of Jason coming out of the lake to kill her. He doesn't actually end up killing her until the second movie though. I remember these movies for more than I realized.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I've only seen Friday I and II, so I have a lot of catching up to do.

I liked Friday After Next better than Next Friday, but obviously neither compares to the original so I wouldn't say you're missing much.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

They really hosed up by not calling the first sequel Saturday the 14th :(

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

They really hosed up by not calling the first sequel Saturday the 14th :(

Another at the same time would have had that title, which is the kind you really only would use if you are making a parody and not a sequel:

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
That's on netflix right now.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
"Interactive menus" listed as a feature? What's the alternative? Menus you can't interact with?

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

RyokoTK posted:

"Interactive menus" listed as a feature? What's the alternative? Menus you can't interact with?

I have a couple DVDs without menus. I think one of them is Schindler's List.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I always assumed it meant animated menus. I have some early DVDs (The Matrix) that list that as a feature and do indeed have animated menus.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Terminal Entropy posted:

Another at the same time would have had that title, which is the kind you really only would use if you are making a parody and not a sequel:

There is a sequel to this. It is called "Return of Saturday the 14th Strikes Back" iirc.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

mds2 posted:

There is a sequel to this. It is called "Return of Saturday the 14th Strikes Back" iirc.

Almost, it was just called "Saturday the 14th Strikes Back."
Here's the trailer.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tardcore posted:

I have a couple DVDs without menus. I think one of them is Schindler's List.

That sucks. I bet a gag reel would have been hilarious.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I'm too slow. Too bad.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Choco1980 posted:

I'm too slow. Too bad.

That's an illustration by Gahan Wilson, so it has at least one thing going for it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Ape of Naples posted:

That sucks. I bet a gag reel would have been hilarious.

In addition, way back at the dawn of DVDs, not every disk went to the menu when you put it in- some of them would go straight into the movie and you had to press the menu button on the remote if you wanted to do anything other than watch it straight through from the beginning. So the box had to tell people used to VHS that all those fancy menus existed and that they should go play with them and feel like they were getting their money's worth.

I just checked my copy of Blade Runner (one of the first DVDs ever released) and not only does it list the menus as a special feature, but also chapter select :stare:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

In addition, way back at the dawn of DVDs, not every disk went to the menu when you put it in- some of them would go straight into the movie and you had to press the menu button on the remote if you wanted to do anything other than watch it straight through from the beginning. So the box had to tell people used to VHS that all those fancy menus existed and that they should go play with them and feel like they were getting their money's worth.

I just checked my copy of Blade Runner (one of the first DVDs ever released) and not only does it list the menus as a special feature, but also chapter select :stare:

I was trying to think of the only DVD I've ever bought that would play after being inserted and I think this is the one.

I love that movie and that release and I'm pissed that my brother borrowed it and hasn't returned it.

Big old green on black Ladd Company tree rendering without having to touch a button. :allears:

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

haveblue posted:

Ive have a few dvds like that, back when they were new and they were very crude vhs to dvd ports, none of this fancy "digital remastering" poo poo you kids and your internet get to have these days. Where's my prune juice.

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

haveblue posted:

Given the fact that most DVDs these days seem to default to half a dozen previews I DO NOT WANT TO WATCH, I'd kinda like those old "straight to the movie" days.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I miss being able to just put a dvd/bd in and actually watch a loving movie without having to get my remote and fast forward through 30 minutes of unskippable bullshit. And the MPAA wonders why so many people pirate movies.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

veedubfreak posted:

I miss being able to just put a dvd/bd in and actually watch a loving movie without having to get my remote and fast forward through 30 minutes of unskippable bullshit. And the MPAA wonders why so many people pirate movies.

I remember being really pissed off at the previews you weren't allowed to skip. I mean, c'mon, I BOUGHT this, why are you forcing me to use in it a certain way. The whole idea of Blu-rays downloading new/current content for you to not be able to skip is such a cool/irritating technology.

EDIT: gently caress WRONG THREAD

Here, have a dog.

I Might Be Adam has a new favorite as of 21:19 on Apr 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Not quite as funny as some of the other pictures, but pretty drat clever either way:

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/money/jobs-and-careers/tasty-exit-man-resigns-job-letter-written-cake

• Locked thread