Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
>Blender :barf:

Nah just kidding man, looks fine. I actually started on this one like a year ago but only now got around to finishing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Okay, how would a dude go about adding a custom radio station to the game? Is there a tool for this?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
There's a mod - I'll see if I can find it - which makes a custom station for you. All you have to do is put music files in the right folder. Is that what you're looking for? Basically you supply the mp3s (or whatever audio format it needs, I forget) and it does the rest. If you want just an extender, that's Secret Stash or More Where That Came From or whatever which comes with a custom radio station and music already.

e: okay now it modifies Radio New Vegas, but http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/36835 - there are other ones which make a custom station but they're much less user friendly, so go with whatever works best.

Of course we all know the custom radio station you want is this one: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/48039 :shepicide:

Psion fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 3, 2013

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Yeah, I found R.A.C.E., but apparently I need .wavs for the radios and jukeboxes in the world? I grabbed Any Audio Converter, but it seems to utterly lack any detailed options for WAV conversion. Which I need.

EDIT: Oh goddammit I should click links more.

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet
There was a mod I used to have that tweaked with the armor/weapons for more realistic damage i.e. leather did gently caress all but power armor would just deflect nearly all the damage from standard bullets etc. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

TheStampede
Feb 20, 2008

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that."
Does anyone know of any mods that improved the AI's combat prowess? Like, making them heal and take cover. I recall having something on a play-through forever ago, but don't remember the name. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Edit: Looks like if was XFO-NV, but holy crap has that thing got bloated in a year or so...

TheStampede fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 7, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Revener posted:

There was a mod I used to have that tweaked with the armor/weapons for more realistic damage i.e. leather did gently caress all but power armor would just deflect nearly all the damage from standard bullets etc. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Probably one of XFO's tweaks? His tweaks to armor DR + DT made things like "use .22 to kill dude in PA" unfeasible.

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/49795/

This is the best thing. :allears:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

I agree. The video's especially hilarious. All-in-all, it's a really well-done little weapon mod.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/49910

Released a PPSh-41.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Looks like Tale of Two Wastelands updated. Considering how stable the last version was I'm surprised they are still considering it an alpha.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Simply amazing like always.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Clever Spambot posted:

Looks like Tale of Two Wastelands updated. Considering how stable the last version was I'm surprised they are still considering it an alpha.

Took the plunge and decided to install this. Anyone know if the armory would work in TTW?

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Lord Lambeth posted:

Took the plunge and decided to install this. Anyone know if the armory would work in TTW?

It does, actually, although the TA weapons only started showing up after I took the trip to Vegas and came back.

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

Time for a new Power Armor build.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

M.Ciaster posted:

Guys, does anyone have a copy of the TTW compability patch for The Armory? Combed this thread for a link, but the only one I found led me to a Mediafire error page.

This was from a few pages ago, but I'm the one that made that patch and unfortunately I no longer have it (I'm on a new machine, didn't get all my Fallout mods copied over, mostly because "ugh gently caress if I'm going to try to get all THIS working together again"). It's just as well since apparently the new version of TTW changes how the games are hooked together, so it might still work, but it might not. It might not even be necessary; in any case I'm planning on putting together another one, I was just waiting on the new TTW release since I didn't want to put in a bunch of effort for something that might potentially end up being invalidated by new changes.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

http://www.newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/49936

Finally got around to making a Makarov, heh.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Are you going to continue with the vanilla/DLC weapons at some point? I would love to have a better looking Bozar, for example.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Iunno, the problem with retextures is that they're very game specific, can't really reuse them for anything else :C

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

The Cheshire Cat posted:

This was from a few pages ago, but I'm the one that made that patch and unfortunately I no longer have it (I'm on a new machine, didn't get all my Fallout mods copied over, mostly because "ugh gently caress if I'm going to try to get all THIS working together again"). It's just as well since apparently the new version of TTW changes how the games are hooked together, so it might still work, but it might not. It might not even be necessary; in any case I'm planning on putting together another one, I was just waiting on the new TTW release since I didn't want to put in a bunch of effort for something that might potentially end up being invalidated by new changes.

Yeah, a few hours after I posted that I learned that after going to Vegas and back, the enemies in the Capital Wasteland actually switch over to NV leveled lists; I had a raider with an M16A4 and a mutie with an M14 try to take me out, so it's definitely working fine.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Answering my own question since nobody seemed to know, but somebody might be interested in doing something similar: I've found this really useful summary of New Vegas' weapon wobble/spread calculations that made my modifications really easy. It would appear that, even though weapon skill technically factors into the accuracy of a weapon, you can already max out your potential accuracy by meeting the strength requirement, not having broken arms, crouching, and aiming. If you're doing all of those things, it doesn't matter if you have 5 skill points in a weapon or 100--you'll have the same accuracy in both instances.

It seems like I've recaptured a lot of the game's "RPG feel" by tweaking the settings (detailed in the previous link) so that stance, limb damage, SPECIAL points, and weapon skill all played a more dramatic role in accuracy. Previously, in this particular area, my character's build was largely irrelevant--5-Guns Frail Egghead, 100-Guns Brawny Cowboy, etc--because I could just play the game like an ordinary FPS and drill targets from ranges an egghead should have never been able to touch. I realize a lot of people won't like bringing back some of that goofy spread that was present in Fallout 3, and they'll be better off playing the game with the choices Obsidian made, but it honestly feels like my character's actions are actually constrained by their SPECIAL/Skill values now. When I put a lot of points into a weapon skill, they actually become better at hitting things, both in and out of VATS.

Care to release this?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Mr. Crow posted:

Care to release this?

Oh, yeah, but it's piggybacked on another mod (I do that a lot)--in this case, the "More Realistic Aiming" .esp If you want, you can just pop open a pluging in GECK and make changes to the following three "Game Setting" values, which have the greatest effect:

code:
fGunSpreadCrouchMult (originally -0.4; changed to -0.25)
fWeapStrengthReqPenalty (originally 0.025; changed to 0.05)
fWeapSkillPenalty (originally 0.01; changed to 0.03)
Basically, the closer to "0" you are, the more accurate you will be. Between the benefits from using iron sights (-0.6) and crouching (-0.4), your accuracy with a given weapon is the same at skill level 1 and 100. Other factors can contribute to accuracy loss (broken arms, insufficient strength, etc.) but a majority of the time, using the two things that you're always equipped with--the ability to crouch and look through your sights--completely trivializes the other effects and penalties.

I somewhat reduced the "is crouching" accuracy bonus. At -0.25, it still has a decent effect on accuracy, but it won't accommodate for completely insufficient strength or skill.

Also, the original strength penalty was too low, in my opinion. At 0.025, even if a STR "1" person was using a STR "10" weapon (something that basically never, ever happens), the penalty (0.23) didn't have much of an effect if you just crouched and aimed. Doubling it puts the maximum penalty at 0.45, which means that lacking 2 or 3 STR points in a weapon might actually be noticeable now. If it's still too subtle, setting it to something like 0.07 or 0.08 should yield some tangible effects.

Finally, the original skill penalty (0.01) could have a pronounced effect at the greatest extremes, but you're probably never going to have ~1 in a given weapon skill--especially when you're trying to use Skill 100 weapons. Tripling the value to 0.03 might be a little extreme--you might try 0.02 as a good compromise--but I'm really satisfied that my 4 STR, 15 "Guns" egghead can't use an AMR to hit the broad side of a barn, even when he's crouching and aiming.

You might want to try modifying "fUnaimedSpreadPenalty" (originally 0.2) if you want to increase the penalty to hipfire, too.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 12, 2013

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

USP Match:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/49997

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Does anyone who uses Supplementary Uniques know where to find the key for the big safe in the Securitron Bunker?

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

Anyone with The Inheritance (mod by the NV Bounties guy) run into constant crashes in Outpost Lambda? I searched around the mod's comment thread and the only advice seemed to be turning down your settings as apparently it's resource-intensive, but even cranking my settings all the way down didn't work, disabling all other mods didn't work, mucking with the mod's place in my load order didn't work. Curious if anyone else encountered those crashes and identified a specific conflict or fix. I'd like to finish the mod, it seemed quite well done. :smith:

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

You know, sooner or later Doc Mitchell's house will run out of room.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I played it. No crashes. Do you use FNV4GB? That helps a lot with his script-heavy sequences, I think.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Republican Vampire posted:

You know, sooner or later Doc Mitchell's house will run out of room.

Pft. Tons of space left. I haven't even scratched the surface since I've intentionally been ignoring all the most popular places other mods use.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Naky posted:

Pft. Tons of space left. I haven't even scratched the surface since I've intentionally been ignoring all the most popular places other mods use.

Where? I mean, the bookshelves in the hallway? It seems like it's that or adding a cellar if you want to keep putting guns in his home without putting a christmas tree made of soviet shotguns in the living room, all decorated with shiny golden caseless handguns.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Just dump them all in the tub. All of them.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

You should have all the guns follow players around, bunched up into some kind of gun golem.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
A gatronach.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
You should have them all stuffed into his spare room, so when you open the door there's a landslide of guns out into the hallway.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

Does anyone who uses Supplementary Uniques know where to find the key for the big safe in the Securitron Bunker?

It's behind the display that Mr. House greets you from when you enter the bunker.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

A gatronach.
:golfclap:

If AG Supplementary Uniques has taught me anything, it's that there's still plenty of devious places modders can put their guns, even if you restrict it to just the Doc's house.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Just a quick question, I've combined all of Arenovalis' guns into one plugin. The guns are in the Doc's house but the weapon mods are missing. Is there any way for me to spawn the weapon mods? I've tried using the item IDs in the Geck and FNVedit but it always says object not found when I enter it into the console.

I know the weapon mods are in the game since I can buy a couple of them, but I don't want to rely on random chance to come across the mods I want.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
You need to use the right ID for them. The first two digits are the index number of those mods. They're next to the mods in FOMM.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Dapper Dan posted:

Just a quick question, I've combined all of Arenovalis' guns into one plugin. The guns are in the Doc's house but the weapon mods are missing. Is there any way for me to spawn the weapon mods? I've tried using the item IDs in the Geck and FNVedit but it always says object not found when I enter it into the console.

I know the weapon mods are in the game since I can buy a couple of them, but I don't want to rely on random chance to come across the mods I want.

The load order ID of the mod, that's the first two characters in the FormID you're typing into the console, needs to be correct. If you're using FOMM it should be the hex number right next to the name of the .esp in your load order, while the remaining six characters stay the same. If you load the .esp into the GECK that number will always be 01, IIRC. However, depending on how you combined the mods, the FormID might have been messed up.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

SplitSoul posted:

The load order ID of the mod, that's the first two characters in the FormID you're typing into the console, needs to be correct. If you're using FOMM it should be the hex number right next to the name of the .esp in your load order, while the remaining six characters stay the same. If you load the .esp into the GECK that number will always be 01, IIRC. However, depending on how you combined the mods, the FormID might have been messed up.

Unfortunately, I think the form IDs are messed up, since player.additem isn't working at all, either with 01 or 89 (which is the hex number for the load order). I'm also using Nexus Mod Manager, not FOMM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

Psion posted:

I played it. No crashes. Do you use FNV4GB? That helps a lot with his script-heavy sequences, I think.

I don't think I was last night, but I just did and that didn't change anything. Still crash immediately on load after entering the first elevator in Outpost Lambda, using FNV4G. Had just restarted my computer and didn't have any other programs using resources either. My computer isn't that bad, either, runs most things on fairly high settings just fine. Guess I'm just going to load up an earlier save and ditch The Inheritance.