Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wa27
Jan 15, 2007

StellarX posted:

The setup.

I have the same TV stand. Bought about 15 years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kynikos
Aug 15, 2001

univbee posted:

Clearly I picked the wrong day to get these DAT files done. :v: No matter. Here's a 4-set, including a slightly-fixed N8 DAT, an SD2SNES DAT, an Everdrive 64 DAT and a Mega Everdrive DAT.

Set of 4 Everdrive DATs for Clrmamepro

Thank you so much for setting up the DAT files, these are wonderful! It's obvious how much thought and effort went into this project. Would you mind listing the rom sets you used for these? I noticed I had some missing files in the report screen.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

There are a few ROMs that, as far as I'm aware, aren't in any set, like Jojo's bizarre adventure patched in English. It should almost entirely be buildable via the Good sets and No-intro sets in just about all cases. I think some of the NES ROMs are re-headered and there's an IPS patch set for that here: http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=393.0

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Everyone that I've sold or traded stuff with, I've PMed or emailed your tracking numbers!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Mercury Crusader posted:

Orange cats seem to be all the rage! :3:

Mine isnt orange, but she contains orange.

Videogame shown to ensure thread relevance

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Gutcruncher posted:

Mine isnt orange, but she contains orange.

Videogame shown to ensure thread relevance

Hi5 for calico's

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
If you guys keep posting cats, people will be afraid to talk about hardware mods!

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

My game mag collection was so large that I had to hire assistant librarians to keep it organized for me

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SUPER HASSLER posted:

My game mag collection was so large that I had to hire assistant librarians to keep it organized for me

Strategy ferret. I imagine him helping you remember passwords or getting you past difficult sections, like the ADs in Game Center CX. :allears:

Unmature
May 9, 2008

elf help book posted:

If you guys keep posting cats, people will be afraid to talk about hardware mods!

Yeah, I hope that guy's happy about what this thread has become.

Maybe we should do a separate retro trade thread?

Speaking of which, anyone looking to get rid of an Ys: Oath in Felghana Premium Edition for PSP? It's the only Ys special edition from XSEED I don't have.

If it doesn't exist by the time I get home from work tonight I will make it so.
▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼

Unmature fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 16, 2013

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!
I think a separate retro-trade thread would be a great idea. It's getting hard to keep track of who is trying to show off a haul and who is trying to get rid of stuff. A strict trades-only rule would keep the usual SA-Mart ebayers from wrecking it.

JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!
My wife grew up with tengen tetris on the nes. Our anniversary is coming up and I thought it's be nice to get it for her. Before I spend $80+ on Ebay I was wondering if there was a cheaper place to buy that I was overlooking?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

JumbocactuarX27 posted:

My wife grew up with tengen tetris on the nes. Our anniversary is coming up and I thought it's be nice to get it for her. Before I spend $80+ on Ebay I was wondering if there was a cheaper place to buy that I was overlooking?

Check Amazon marketplace?

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

Space Harrier posted:

I think a separate retro-trade thread would be a great idea. It's getting hard to keep track of who is trying to show off a haul and who is trying to get rid of stuff. A strict trades-only rule would keep the usual SA-Mart ebayers from wrecking it.

But what about the people who have no trade stock :(. Some of us are still just getting started in rebuilding our collection and not swimming in the duplicate carts yet (other than mario/duckhunt).

It would be nice if there was a way of weeding out the ebayers, without restricting the thread to trade only.

Does anyone have a spare atomic purple gambeboy color (might be a gbp color will check when I get home) battery cover? I just found my old gameboy but the cover is missing.

Kilazar fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 16, 2013

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Kilazar posted:

But what about the people who have no trade stock :(. Some of us are still just getting started in rebuilding our collection and not swimming in the duplicate carts yet (other than mario/duckhunt).

It would be nice if there was a way of weeding out the ebayers, without restricting the thread to trade only.

If you aren't buying giant lots which leave you with oodles of dupes and titles you'll never play, then you simply aren't :retrogames: correctly...

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
I don't have the :retrogames: to spend on giant lots. I have to be picky about what I purchase. My limit is about an average of $30 a month. And garage sales in OKC have been dry all year. While craigslist has decided that a complete NES-001 with mario duckhunt and a controller (no box) is worth $200. And all the individual games are following the same trend.

I have not gotten a new NES or SNES game in about 3 months. So the money that was set aside, tends to get used to buy the baby new toys or clothes instead.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

iastudent posted:

Everyone that I've sold or traded stuff with, I've PMed or emailed your tracking numbers!

:hfive: Thanks!

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Kilazar posted:

While craigslist has decided that a complete NES-001 with mario duckhunt and a controller (no box) is worth $200.

Well poo poo man! That's a bargin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95eUhuR8_ps

I have a local swap meet happening on May 5th, I can't wait. I need to inject some titles into my Genesis collection. I will hopefully have around 350, which takes me close to halfway....

If anyone has some CIB Genesis games they are wanting to sell AND ship to Toronto, just send me a PM :)

midge fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 16, 2013

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Speaking of Craigslist, someone in my area was excitedly selling their model 001 NES for $5000. Took me a second to figure out why.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

Speaking of Craigslist, someone in my area was excitedly selling their model 001 NES for $5000. Took me a second to figure out why.

There's a guy right now that is selling eight (count them, EIGHT!) original Xbox 2003 sports games for the low, low price of only $90.

The listing proudly displays that many of these titles are live enabled. (Despite the fact that Xbox Live hasn't worked for original Xbox games for years but who cares, right?).

Also some other guy with a Sega Pico.

My local craigslist ads suck.

StellarX
Aug 22, 2005

Mission Complete.
You are the greatest player.

wa27 posted:

I have the same TV stand. Bought about 15 years ago?

I got that thing in great shape for 40$ at a local yard sale late last year. I was debating getting something much uglier that was a bit more expensive so I'm really happy I found it.

Absolutely loving these datfiles. Appreciate all the work you put into them!

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Quiet Feet posted:

Storage Wars is killing the yard sale and craigslist business. People thinking they have a rare system on their hands and jack up the price

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
http://kotaku.com/holy-grail-of-rare-video-games-found-in-a-goodwill-fo-473730982

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I am ashamed to admit I am totally confused what these Everdrive DATs are?

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3515794&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=275#post414450181

univbee did an awesome job with these. Thanks, univbee!

Basically, you use them with Clrmamepro ( http://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/ ) to take your current lovely ROMset and arrange them very nicely for the various flashcarts. You AddDat, then load the DAT and click Rebuilder. Choose your input dir (ie NESShitty) and output (ie NESClean) directories and press the go button. You can have multiple ROMsets in the input directory, it'll choose the right stuff.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Kilazar posted:

Does anyone have a spare atomic purple gambeboy color (might be a gbp color will check when I get home) battery cover? I just found my old gameboy but the cover is missing.

A year or so ago after I fixed up my old clear GB Pocket, I did a search to see how easy it was to find new battery covers, and found out those things are a fairly accessible market. (I assume most of them are new, I can't imagine that many gameboys of all things actually breaking down to provide such a surplus of spare parts.) Looking again, I think you'll be able to find what you need pretty easily if nothing else comes up.

Edit:

After making note of the difference in price of a sealed copy like that, I'm surprised there hasn't been a lucrative new market of people printing up new cardboard boxes and vacuum-sealing them shut with copies of SMB/Duck Hunt inside. Crap like that could pass hands a dozen times before someone is :retrogames: enough or the price dips enough for someone to feel it's worth it to open one.

Midnight Raider fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 16, 2013

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Basically a way to take giant piles of ROMs and get them distributed into different folders to make sorting/purging easier. Don't want and Japanese or European games? Delete those directories. Don't have a TV that works with a Zapper? You can delete the Zapper Required folder and keep the Zapper Optional folder. You want to make sure you only have games that'll work on your flash cart, but maybe want to keep the ROMs for later on when they do work? Hang on to the "unsupported" folder without copying it to your SD card.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Midnight Raider posted:

After making note of the difference in price of a sealed copy like that, I'm surprised there hasn't been a lucrative new market of people printing up new cardboard boxes and vacuum-sealing them shut with copies of SMB/Duck Hunt inside. Crap like that could pass hands a dozen times before someone is :retrogames: enough or the price dips enough for someone to feel it's worth it to open one.

It would be like Bitcoins, but with video games! I like it. :getin:

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
So I got a Rakuten order in today, but it only had two of the four games I ordered :( I ordered from Auc-egames, so I sent them an email in the simplest English I could saying that games were missing from my package and asking for help. Is that pretty much all I can do?

Unmature
May 9, 2008
What are everyone's favorite retro gaming blogs? I'm looking for some good reading until Scroll 10 comes out.

I particularly liked the Retronauts blog on 1up. In addition to the awesome podcast, a lot of 1Up alum wrote some great pieces about retro games.

StellarX
Aug 22, 2005

Mission Complete.
Does anyone happen to have or know where I can get that wave2msu tool used to get the music files in Super Mario Odyssey to play correctly on SD2SNES? I can't seem to find it online anywhere.

In other news, these datfiles are making remember the nightmares of caring about having an up to date MAME romset. :suicide:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

DeathBySpoon posted:

So I got a Rakuten order in today, but it only had two of the four games I ordered :( I ordered from Auc-egames, so I sent them an email in the simplest English I could saying that games were missing from my package and asking for help. Is that pretty much all I can do?

If they give you a problem, file a chargeback with your credit card company.

I unfortunately literally cannot use my American Express card on Rakuten, though. AmEx always flags it as stolen, and I even called them and said "THIS IS NOT STOLEN, I WANT TO ORDER FROM RAKUTEN OF JAPAN" and they said "sorry we can only put a notation on your card, you must ask the merchant to charge you again and it will go through" except when I tell Rakuten/Suguyarayara to do that they tell me they can't. :argh:

univbee posted:

Basically a way to take giant piles of ROMs and get them distributed into different folders to make sorting/purging easier. Don't want and Japanese or European games? Delete those directories. Don't have a TV that works with a Zapper? You can delete the Zapper Required folder and keep the Zapper Optional folder. You want to make sure you only have games that'll work on your flash cart, but maybe want to keep the ROMs for later on when they do work? Hang on to the "unsupported" folder without copying it to your SD card.

This is awesome! I used to use Windows file search to do this (search "(E)" and delete everything, search "(b1)" and delete everything etc etc etc) but Windows search, even on Win7, is really weird and I'd accidentally delete legit games all the time. Thanks so much for your efforts!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

This is awesome! I used to use Windows file search to do this (search "(E)" and delete everything, search "(b1)" and delete everything etc etc etc) but Windows search, even on Win7, is really weird and I'd accidentally delete legit games all the time. Thanks so much for your efforts!

Yeah, I went through the exact same thing, which is pretty much what made me get off my rear end to do this.

StellarX posted:

Does anyone happen to have or know where I can get that wave2msu tool used to get the music files in Super Mario Odyssey to play correctly on SD2SNES? I can't seem to find it online anywhere.

In other news, these datfiles are making remember the nightmares of caring about having an up to date MAME romset. :suicide:

Huh, looks like I lucked out in snagging it when it was uploaded. Here you go: http://depositfiles.com/files/vu1nnq9dt

Incidentally, a working Super Mario Odyssey is in my DAT so you'll know if you converted the files right. :v:

StellarX
Aug 22, 2005

Mission Complete.
Awesome! Thanks so much!

Nuitari
Jun 17, 2005

Shit, Piss, Fuck, Cunt, Cocksucker, Motherfucker and Tits.
Got that simple SCART>Component converter from eBay for $50 along with some SCART cables for my Genesis and Saturn. Very happy with the results!

Left is SCART>Component, right is composite.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
That video was funny until Mark (the guy who bought the locker) killed himself a couple months ago. :smith:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Nuitari posted:

Got that simple SCART>Component converter from eBay for $50 along with some SCART cables for my Genesis and Saturn. Very happy with the results!

Got a link to the listing?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Nuitari posted:

Wow great. I ordered one a while back too. It was a LKV362A as described here (Thanks HKR!). The shipment's been at "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" for a week which usually means wait 2-3 more weeks. I'll do some similar comparison shots.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Decided to check out the Bargain Basement section on retrogames and saw that someone actually paid £7 for this: http://www.retrogames.co.uk/more/on/details/033188

:gonk:

What in the gently caress happened to that cartridge? Did the person who owned that use it to dig in the garden or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Heran Bago posted:

I thought I had more duplicates than this. Maybe someone wants something here.

VVV You could probably make a house out of them.

Anyone claim Me & My Katamari yet?

• Locked thread