Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
There's a mental picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Aurain posted:

This is a GRRM book.
She had sex with the dog, and GRRM masturbated while thinking it up.

It is known.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

FrozenVent posted:

There's a mental picture.

Oh come on, I'm sure everyone in this thread has had the mental picture of GURM furiously masturbating behind a typewriter before.

Right?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Personperson14 posted:

Oh come on, I'm sure everyone in this thread has had the mental picture of GURM furiously masturbating behind a typewriter before.

Right?

I've read The Pear Shaped Man

So what I'm saying is yes.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah didn't it used to be a prerequisite for a WILD CARDS tag to be able to recite, from memory, an accurate portrait of GRRM's masturbation habits?

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
Sorry if this borders on bookchat, but how loving stupid do you have to be to trust the dudes with defiled corpses on their flags from a place called The Dreadfort with half your army, and why has this not occurred to the worse thread

VaultAggie posted:

Yeah that seems a little reaching. Bolton doesn't seem the type that would casually spend troops just for torture or something. The Mountain or Viserys, yeah but Bolton seems like a stone cold dude who knows the value of his soldiers.

:golfclap:

nuncle jimbo fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 17, 2013

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"I'm going to eat your 14 year old pussy fresh after your bout of dog rape, because my penis was cut off", said the beloved character from the critically acclaimed best-selling book by The American Tolkien.

"And then I'm going to rub more poo poo on me self."

-----------Chapter 70------------

Dany just couldn't stop hosing liquid hot dook all over the countryside.

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
Selmy's chapters are cool because it's like he's Tommy Lee Jones in No Country For Old Men and I hope he doesn't die.

stawk Archer
Jun 19, 2004

by angerbot

Aurain posted:

Ramsay isn't being Ramsay yet, he's being "Reek".
He'll probably not be frightening in an imposing sense, but when he starts torturing Theon for laughs and his sick pleasure, he'll probably be frightening in a this guy is hosed in the head sense

I'm thinking that Reek is the guy who let him go.

As to why Theon is even in this series, I think it is entirely because they've got the actor cast and they have to use him. I wish I never knew how the union rules work for speaking rules and all of that, because now I think of it every time they neglect mentioning a character's name. The worst is also the most miscast character: Robb (and his wife). He's a sixteen year old boy, and she's supposed to be an unremarkable teenage girl. She looks like she's making a face all of the time too. I don't mean just the way they look, but he looks older than I do and his new lines are totally different in character (and worse). The closest interpretation to the descriptions I read are Amok's

emanresu tnuocca posted:

There are about a hundred references to Theon "no longer being a man", Ramsey flayed his dick and then had Theon beg him to chop it off, it's pretty blatant.

daMMNNN never thought of that

stawk Archer fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 17, 2013

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

-----------Chapter 70------------

Dany just couldn't stop hosing liquid hot dook all over the countryside.
Ahem, this in no way tells me what her breasts are doing, therefore it's obviously fake.

stawk Archer posted:

I'm thinking that Reek is the guy who let him go.

As to why Theon is even in this series, I think it is entirely because they've got the actor cast and they have to use him. I wish I never knew how the union rules work for speaking rules and all of that, because now I think of it every time they neglect mentioning a character's name. The worst is also the most miscast character: Robb (and his wife). He's a sixteen year old boy, and she's supposed to be an unremarkable teenage girl. She looks like she's making a face all of the time too. I don't mean just the way they look, but he looks older than I do and his new lines are totally different in character (and worse). The closest interpretation to the descriptions I read are Amok's
I just figured the guy who Ramsay killed at the end of the episode was Reek, the one who said "You little bastard".

Robb's not supposed to be 16 in the show. He, like all the other children, were aged up to lessen the creepiness with Dany's situation while keeping the timeline consistent with their ages. Since Cat was pregnant with Robb when Ned came back from the war and Dany was like a baby at that point, he's obviously going to be a little older.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Nah that was just one of Roose's shitlord soldiers, he wasn't filthy or anything. There is no actual Reek in the show besides Theon.

stawk Archer
Jun 19, 2004

by angerbot
They didn't need Reek because Theon was betrayed by his own men, which was lame.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

The Worst Thread is discussing if Pod has magic-enhanced sex powers.

Tyrion (and Bronn) payed the Littlefinger whores to gently caress him and "give the money back because he was so good" as an ego boost/reward, and these goony goons are seriously wish fulfillment daydreaming about a virgin with magical dick powers that just absolutely slays pussies.

Sad goons.

Magic is returning to the world with the dragons and Podrick "The Hammerman" Payne is sensitive to that.

Or he got pegged so hard he could fit Tyrion in his lower colon and smuggle him out of King's landing.

Or Pod knows where the whores go - they go wild over the sexycutioner.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Idk u guide I too hope Alan Rickman gets casted in this. Maybe Nathan Fillion too?

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

"I'm going to eat your 14 year old pussy fresh after your bout of dog rape, because my penis was cut off", said the beloved character from the critically acclaimed best-selling book by The American Tolkien.

"And then I'm going to rub more poo poo on me self."

Probs gonna post this all over my fbook, etc, and get weird looks for weeks after, thanks!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I can't figure out which blurb I hate more, "The American Tolkien" (that's Robert Jordan assholes) or "Smart hip fantasy for people who don't like fantasy"

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Personperson14 posted:

I can't figure out which blurb I hate more, "The American Tolkien" (that's Robert Jordan assholes) or "Smart hip fantasy for people who don't like fantasy"

I can't tell if you're claiming Robert Jordan is the American Tolkien, or saying you hate that it is so claimed.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Well I hate the phrase altogether, but if anyone deserves to be called that on blurbs it's probably Robert Jordan.

I'm just trying to say GRRM and JRRT aren't really close. At all.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
GURM and JURT are a match made in heaven.

Of liquid feces and dog rape.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Robert Jordan is more like the Fantasy J. Peterman, because he describes clothes, am I right or what

Edit: I mean I guess the title fits, while Tolksy invented history, mythology, and entire languages, Jordan invented a couple cool magic sounding words, also had some kickass maps, and invented fashion trends for entire kingdoms of people to follow.

Just like the Tyroshi and most of the other Essos peoples, all of Jordan's fictional cultural groups have identical fashion trends.

bigmcgaffney fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Apr 17, 2013

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
God drat what a lovely episode.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Idk u guide I too hope Alan Rickman gets casted in this. Maybe Nathan Fillion too?

When I first saw Mance I thought Alan Rickman had been cast.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

p.crestmont posted:

Yeah he definitely made her screw a dog and had also cut off Theon's dick.

I'm not convinced of this. I agree its likely, but GRRM is deliberately vague about it. was he gelded, was his cock flayed, did he jam some giant bolt through his cock, or just mangle him a bit. poo poo for all we know he has to wear a metal chastity belt, thus "unmanning him".

It is certainly possible, I just don't think its a done deal.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Summer Glau for Arianne Martell hth

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The entire cast of Firefly and Battlestar Galactica in every movie and tv show.

Thank you, thank you. I'll be gooning all week.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Edward James Olmos would make a wonderful Tywin Lannister. Jon Snow.

And no, Robert Jordan is also not worth calling The American Tolkien. Lord of the Rings was interesting and succinct. You just cannot say the same for Wheel of Time. Plus, the guy wrote a lot of really lovely Conan books.

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Lord of the Rings was ... succinct.

There's an opinion I haven't heard before. I guess it's all relative.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Important show question, does Jon's mouth still hang open like he's a flytrap tragically born in the shape of a dumbfuck?

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yes.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

At least he'll be putting that to use next(?) episode.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

brakeless posted:

Important show question, does Jon's mouth still hang open like he's a flytrap tragically born in the shape of a dumbfuck?

So does Robb's wife. They'll be perfect together!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

kathmandu posted:

There's an opinion I haven't heard before. I guess it's all relative.

Yeah, it's a pretty long-winded book but it's downright loving snappy and frantic compared to modern fantasy. Everybody and their goddamn dog is putting out trilogies and sagas and I just want a book that's self-contained and good, no more finding a book labelled "Part 1 of the Generic Fantasy Tropes Series" and discovering it's literally the first third of an actual novel despite clocking it at over 800 pages. Nothing kills my interest faster than serial novels at this point.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

That's great, it's my #1 endlessly entertaining small detail on TV,

Chinston Wurchill posted:

So does Robb's wife. They'll be perfect together!

Till death Melisandre's cooter do us apart.

Does Melisandre actually gently caress people back to life? I can't tell which hosed up things happened in the books and which in this thread anymore. It's all just a big ball of rarely consensual sex.

zocio
Nov 3, 2011
I'm sorry to interrupt all the castration and poo poo talk, but i just had a thought i'd like to share: Has anyone considered the parallels between Aegon V and Aegon VI (Blackfyre)'s lives?, both hide their hair to obscure the fact that they are Targs of Valyrian stock , they both travel with hedge knights sworn to protect them with their lives because they've come to care for them over time, they both travel alot to learn to be humble, etc. What i'm saying is that lil' Blackfyre is going to die burned to ash like his predecesor did at Summerhall (probably by pissing off Danny) on one of the next two books that are never going to be written.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Rarity posted:

Summer Glau for Arianne Martell hth
If any Firefly cast member gets to play Arianne it can only be Morena Baccarin.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

Are there any barefoot kung fu scenes in the books I'm forgetting because if so,

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I'm sure the GoT Crusader Kings II mod has been brought up in one incarnation of the thread or another, but while playing it today I found something...interesting.

From left to right his traits are: Expert Scientist, Genius (:lol:), Poet, Gregarious, Patient, Gluttonous, Sloth, and Cruel. He is about to be assassinated by a group of his characters enraged by the fact that their tale has been unfinished for so long.

Also one of the Kingsguard found out about Jaime and Cersei so I executed them both and got betrothed to the 7-year-old daughter of whoever the hell is in charge of Dorne. As far as I can tell Tywin doesn't give a rat's rear end.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

His wife does look to be half his age though, which is appropriate.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

PittTheElder posted:

His wife does look to be half his age though, which is appropriate.

She was 19, so yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I haven't been keeping up with anything so apologies; apparently we're going to see the Stannis/Bolton brouhaha in the next book, but, we already know he's going to lose, so why show it?