Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

RideTheSpiral posted:

Some cricket is better than no cricket ??? I'm sorry I can't get as angry as you about a cricket tournament.
Well, the county championship's started up :). Wins for Middlesex, Sussex and Durham so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

RideTheSpiral posted:

Some cricket is better than no cricket ???

but it is no cricket? im really confused by this statement

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I check the scorecards to see if they've worked out Chris Gayle yet.

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

Where are you guys watching the county cricket? In Italy at the moment, so if anyone knows where I could watch it online that would be lovely.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I just follow the numbers on Cricinfo, reminds me of the days when keeping tabs on the cricket was basically a case of watching Ceefax tick over :).

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
All you IPL haters just missed an hilarious thing.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

RideTheSpiral posted:

All you IPL haters just missed an hilarious thing.

If it involved shambolic bowling/fielding/batting, I'm sure something very similar will happen again, soon enough.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

kingturnip posted:

If it involved shambolic bowling/fielding/batting, I'm sure something very similar will happen again, soon enough.

This Is A Serious International Level Cricket Match Here Guys

(e: i hope that's the quote, i can't find the video. the one with like three overthrows on the one ball.)

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

RideTheSpiral posted:

Some cricket is better than no cricket ??? I'm sorry I can't get as angry as you about a cricket tournament.

You should learn this useful skill

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Tony Jowns posted:

This Is A Serious International Level Cricket Match Here Guys

(e: i hope that's the quote, i can't find the video. the one with like three overthrows on the one ball.)

I literally taped that poo poo watched it 100 times and didn't stop laughing irl.

YardGlass
Jan 21, 2003

Instant asshole: Just add beer

RideTheSpiral posted:

I literally taped that poo poo watched it 100 times and didn't stop laughing irl.

link to this please! Or at least give me some key words so I can search it down.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

YardGlass posted:

link to this please! Or at least give me some key words so I can search it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PARnWE1JZVU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
How can people of good conscience not pick Yakety Sax as the accompanying music?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Bharatrocity posted:

Where are you guys watching the county cricket? In Italy at the moment, so if anyone knows where I could watch it online that would be lovely.

This, actually. I can catch full matches of IPL (:shrug:) on ITV's YouTube channel for free, but is there anything similar for non-IPL?

YardGlass
Jan 21, 2003

Instant asshole: Just add beer

Thanks - that's some quality fielding on display for sure.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Flicked on the IPL...

Mishra to Dinda, OUT, hat-trick! Mishra gets three in three and Pune have been rolled over! this was a good ball, a googly, it came into the batsman and beats the defensive stroke from Dinda, rattles the stumps.
AB Dinda b Mishra 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00
Five wickets off the last 12 balls. Mishra is on a hat-trick, for his third hat-trick in IPL career.
Mishra to Sharma, OUT, and gone, bowled! they are swinging hard but barely connecting, you cannot do this! it was fuller and Rahul wanted to slog it over mid-wicket for a six, not a tap away for a single but wanted to smash a six, clean bowls him.
R Sharma b Mishra 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00
Mishra to Kumar, OUT, and given out lbw now! Its Rauf again! that's an excellent delivery, fuller, googly, beats the inside edge of the bat and hits the batsman's pads, there's another loud, long appeal and Rauf thinks like he's attempting a tough mathematics puzzle before giving it out.
B Kumar lbw b Mishra 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00
Mishra to Pandey, 1 run, fullish from Mishra and driven down the ground to long-on for a single
Mishra to Mathews, OUT, goes for a biggie and goes back to the pavillion! whatever's happening at Pune? It was flighted from Mishra, Mathews, the captain, tries to smoke it over long-off and what he does instead is gets an outside edge, goes straight to the fielder in the deep!
AD Mathews c Steyn b Mishra 20 (24b 1x4 0x6) SR: 83.33
Mishra to Pandey, 1 run, driven through the covers for a single to the sweeper fielder

Cool.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Ponting and Tendulkar is an unbelievably terrible opening partnership. The IPL is painful to watch.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Intergortion posted:

Ponting and Tendulkar is an unbelievably terrible opening partnership. The IPL is painful to watch.

Yeah, they've had their fun. They have million dollar Maxwell on the bench and he's far better suited to the format than either of these players. Ponting was never really good at T20s anyways. Put Tendulkar at 4 (so they aren't mobbed) or something and drop Ponting.

Good promotional tool but you might wanna win some games guys!

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
For those of you shamefully not following the fine First Class fare on offer in the UK, world-class athlete Samit Patel scored 250 today. Yeah, today. In one day.

Against Durham MCCU

In other 'CouldaBeenAContender' news, Ravi Bops got 8, Varun Chopra also got 8 and Ricki Clarke scored 1.
Graham Napier, on the other hand, scored 12% of his team's innings total in one over: 606640

For the bowlers, Steven Finn was good, although the rate Derbyshire have scored at in their first two games, they're going straight back down.
Also, ugh, I guess Jade Dernbach got some wickets? The Cricinfo rolling commentary suggested it was all a bit low effort, though, which sounds like Jade's sort of thing.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Noted Australian Cricket Hero Marcus North was outstanding as usual, following up a magnificent 2 with a classy 1. Didn't even get a chance to throw a few offies down but I spose they can't have him doing everything.

First real season following county and I am expecting most games to be washed out and/or drawn at this rate, I understand all the bonus points needing to be allocated now.

Still haven't decided who I'm going for but I spose that's half the fun!

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

kingturnip posted:

For those of you shamefully not following the fine First Class fare on offer in the UK...

Is there some place a Yank could go to watch some stuff? Our domestic broadcaster only really shows internationals and IPL.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

PTizzle posted:

(Hat trick stuff...)

I kind of miss the days of leg spinners destroying the tail. Warne, Mushtaq and Kumble did that a lot.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

dupersaurus posted:

Is there some place a Yank could go to watch some stuff? Our domestic broadcaster only really shows internationals and IPL.

There's an app, but I've just had to follow on various websites (mostly Cricinfo) so far.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

If you can figure out how to listen to BBC 5live sports extra they have commentary of Surrey vs Somerset currently, I think they're aiming to have quite a bit of County cricket commentary this year, it's not like there's much else to commentate on during daytime on a Thursday.

Also are Zimbabwe & Bangladesh trying for the slowest cricket match ever - Zimb have just hit 300 in the first innings, and it's midway through the second session of day 2 :psyduck:

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

Proper cricket this

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Graeme Smith justifying whatever massive salary Surrey are throwing his way with a well-crafted 2 today.
The highlight of the day seems to have been Essex who saw Northants go from 171-8 to 399 all out, #s 8-11 scoring 76,2,88 and 70 respectively.

Top effort there, lads.

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

Jesus, how poo poo do you have to be to be bowled out for 134 against Zimbabwe?

I mean look at this poo poo: http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe-v-bangladesh-2013/engine/current/match/623576.html

From 102/1 to 134/10 in 19 overs

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Given that Zimbers are currently 22/3, has the pitch gone minefield?

edit - Hang on, why the gently caress didn't they force the follow-on?

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

probably didn't want to bat last on a poo poo pitch

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

You have to be pretty loving awful to lose to Zimbabwe.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Hope Zimbabwe win. I can see why they'd want to bat again, try to put another 150 on today (if they don't get bowled out first) and give themselves a day or so to bowl them out without having to bat last on the pitch.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That 150 might be a touch optimistic at this rate.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Never in doubt :getin:

I was stupid and was thinking of this as a 4 day game for some reason. Meth is going the slog. If they can get the lead beyond 500 should be done and dusted.

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

Has a Zimbabwean ever taken a century in both innings of a test before?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Andy Flower will have.

edit - Here you go, 142 and a 199 no against South Africa http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63949.html

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
No captain ever has though, so that'll be something if he can get the 20 or so tomorrow.

Been a long time between drinks for Zimbabwe.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Uh loads of captains have, unless you mean captains of Zimbabwe which is probably true, even if it is a random and not particularly notable statistic.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

quote:

Shane Watson yesterday advised Cricket Australia of his decision to stand down from his role as vice-captain across all formats.

This is the best thing to happen in Australian cricket all year.

In other news, Ryan ten Doeschate is reviewing books during the IPL http://ryantendoeschate.wordpress.com/

Centusin fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 20, 2013

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bangladesh are pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Didn't Bangladesh do this last time they played Zimbabwe? They come into the test as warm favourites after playing well against an established test playing nation, then get loving flogged.

• Locked thread