Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Curse you Nintendo, no idea what to do now. I definitely want a 3DSXL but don't know whether to go with the AC:NL bundle or wait for the inevitable Zelda bundle this holiday.

gently caress you Nintendo for making me poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Man I didn't know what Bravely Default was but that looked amazing. Europe is getting the new Zelda too :3:

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

gah, I can't hit that at work either. This needs to get posted on youtube asap. I will die if I have to wait until 6pm to watch this! Literally die.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

poo poo. A sequel to Link to the Past is the only way I would have considered getting a 3DS.

Damnit Nintendo.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Saoshyant posted:

Oh, hell yeah, Bravely Default Floating Hippo coming to Europe, too! This is the best Nintendo Direct ever.

And they aren't even changing the name :allears:

Well, they are keeping the name in honor of what will eventually happen to the economy of :italy: this year! :allears:

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

Here are some highlights, as well:

http://www.joystiq.com/tag/nintendo-direct-april

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

They need to put SNES games on the goddamn 3DS. I can't use a Wii U because I hook consoles to my monitor with audio out to my stereo and the Wii U doesn't support that. Besides, I just want portable Earthbound :(

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I think Nintendo must have missed the memo that Direct hype is supposed to be largely ironic because holy poo poo they knocked it for six tonight.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

big mean giraffe posted:

Because the 3DS doesn't have the vertical resolution, so SNES games are either cropped or squished and look awful and text is illegible.

Uh, no? 3DS is 400x240, SNES outputs at 256x224. Works just fine.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Kilazar posted:

gah, I can't hit that at work either. This needs to get posted on youtube asap. I will die if I have to wait until 6pm to watch this! Literally die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSXyo0z6LKA

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm REALLY curious how Nintendo finally solved the shitloads of copyright problems in Earthbound.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

Thanks! I kept refreshing the search and that didn't pop up until after I clicked your link.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's the Japanese "Year of Luigi" XL:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's the Japanese "Year of Luigi" XL:

I keep arguing with myself over whether this is ugly or adorable.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Pope Guilty posted:

I keep arguing with myself over whether this is ugly or adorable.

It can't be both?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I can't even complain about the lack of DQ7 or Advance Wars (3D Wars?) news because goddamn, new Zelda, Yoshi's Island, Bravely Default and Earthbound (despite it not being on the 3DS because :nintendo:).

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
So apparently Europe is getting Bravely Default in 2013 and America in 2014. Huh.

Also in the online version Bravely Default has "temporary title" next to it. Understandably.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

GrandpaPants posted:

Yoshi's Island

This isn't being done by Artoon is it? :stonk:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

This isn't being done by Artoon is it? :stonk:

Artoon no longer exists.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Artoon no longer exists.

Is this going to be 1st party/a Miyamoto production then? :pray:

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

jtm33 posted:

So apparently Europe is getting Bravely Default in 2013 and America in 2014. Huh.

The tradeoff for probably not getting SMT IV 'til 2015.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

You'd hope not, then you won't see it for years

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Eh, probably not. Almost every big Nintendo release of the last couple years has been at least co-developed by some other studio, aside from NSMB2/U and, like, Nintendogs+cats.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Box of Bunnies posted:

It's NISA. We should get it about three or four months after the US release.

Soul Hackers is worrisome, though. The fact it wasn't announced may either imply that NISA didn't think it would sell here or, worse, that Ghostlight got their hands on it. The former at least may allow us to get that game at some point, the latter no.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

greatn posted:

You'd hope not, then you won't see it for years

Hopefully it's given to Hiroji Kiyotake. That dude knows how to make fun things happen.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
M&L4 is named "Mario & Luigi: Dream Team" in NA and "Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros." in EU. Why the hell does NOE always dick with things for no reason?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I don't know about you guys, but I'm hyped for Mario Golf World Tour, but that's because I love golf, even if my experience is limited to the mini-variant. Anyway...

Lots of interesting releases coming to Europe, with Mario Golf and Animal Crossing topping the list. Still waiting for EOIV, tho'.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

Box of Bunnies posted:

I don't want to read too much into it but they showed different trailers for the Europe and America streams for Bravely Default. On the Europe stream they prominently featured voiced scenes in Japanese with English subtitles. On the American stream there were no voiced scenes in the trailer. On the American stream it was said that it was being published by Nintendo. America gets a later release date.

Does this perhaps mean that we are not getting a dubbed version in Europe but America is?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Gameplay footage of Link to the Past 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSXyo0z6LKA&t=35s

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo NA dudes, does this justify Atlus charging $50 for SMT4?

http://atlus.com/smt4/purchase.html

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Feelies are neat, but they should have gone the Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition route and offered it as a limited option along side a standard ($40) edition.

But I have no doubt that Atlus will sell a ton of these regardless of price point.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm now really hoping they do that for the UK version (3DS stuff is Ł40 anyway).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I hate to say it given how much I loved LttP but that 2d wall mechanic looks tedious even in the short gameplay they showed.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

njsykora posted:

I'm now really hoping they do that for the UK version (3DS stuff is Ł40 anyway).

I'll just be happy if we get a UK version.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

GrandpaPants posted:

I can't even complain about the lack of DQ7 or Advance Wars (3D Wars?) news because goddamn, new Zelda, Yoshi's Island, Bravely Default and Earthbound (despite it not being on the 3DS because :nintendo:).

If they are in the plans, I guess those games will be hinted during E3 and will be part of the 2014 year... most times Nintendo Direct are callbacks to what is going to come out in the span of 3/6 months, while E3 is used to lay out plans for 1 or even 2 years. Link To The Past was even hinted during 2011, I think with an offhand remark of Miyamoto and with it being one of the possible games getting the "3D Classics" treatment... the really surprising thing is how much it is gorgeous. :3:

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

jtm33 posted:

I don't want to read too much into it but they showed different trailers for the Europe and America streams for Bravely Default. On the Europe stream they prominently featured voiced scenes in Japanese with English subtitles. On the American stream there were no voiced scenes in the trailer. On the American stream it was said that it was being published by Nintendo. America gets a later release date.

Does this perhaps mean that we are not getting a dubbed version in Europe but America is?

gently caress. I'd rather have it sooner and with subs...

EDIT: and Layton is 2014 too? What the hell NOA?

Kaleidoscope fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 17, 2013

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Rexroom posted:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm hyped for Mario Golf World Tour, but that's because I love golf, even if my experience is limited to the mini-variant. Anyway...

Lots of interesting releases coming to Europe, with Mario Golf and Animal Crossing topping the list. Still waiting for EOIV, tho'.

I've sunk countless hours into Mario Golf Advance Tour, so I was excited to see that too. Video game golf is like crack to me for some reason.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

Kaleidoscope posted:

gently caress. I'd rather have it sooner and with subs...

Yeah I would too, strange about how they presented the trailers differently. Great for us getting the game earlier either way.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

When is Mario Golf coming out in NA again? This summer, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

jtm33 posted:

Great for us getting the game earlier either way.

It's not impossible the release date may slip. If it's published by Nintendo then it's rather interesting how they seem to have skipped on Dragon Quest entirely.

Amusingly enough, I just realized there was absolutely nothing about the new Pokémon in either Direct. I guess they will be doing one specifically for it closer to the release date.

• Locked thread