Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

limaCAT posted:

Now for a question, if I get an XL, and do the system transfer, I guess my friend code will transfer on the new machine, right?
What happens to the old machine? Does it create / requests a new friend code to the Nintendo Network?
It generates a new friend code, yeah. The donor machine pretty much starts over from scratch.

homeless snail fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandpa Goodtimes
Oct 10, 2012

I know one bone in my body that works.
I'm really surprised no one else is recognize how much the new Yoshi's Island visuals are so closely resembling the intro movie of Yoshi's Island. I'm hopeful this will be the great sequel I've wanted since the original Yoshi's Island, but I do miss the old visuals, I feel like they could do so much more with it. This is such a great year for Nintendo. Literally every game mentioned I'm interested in in some form.

Except Animal Crossing, I don't understand it at all. I wish we were getting that Year of Luigi 3DS XL instead.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
What a MASSIVE direct today. I can't believe half this poo poo!
Proud to be a 3DS XL owner today.
Edit: These Nintendo Direct's get me so drat excited. I haven't considered myself a fanboy in a long time, but hats off to Nintendo. The big announcements from Sony and Microsoft don't inspire this kind of glee in me.
Also, those poo-pooing the WiiU just have to wait. I have a feeling it will really pick up steam like the 3DS has.

Pegnose Pete fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 17, 2013

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What kind of chucklefuck expects me to buy a game twice in order to back up my saves off the cart?

Why can I not write to the cart saves off the 3ds? Why is this still a thing in 2013?

Furthermore, I just checked out Nintendo Zone at my local best buy, this is kind of useless :|

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'm so mad that they decided it would be cool to have a Year of Luigi XL also because now I'm conflicted between the Animal Crossing one and the Luigi one.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Norns posted:

What the hell kinda place would let you work that way?

A friend of mine is an overnight hotel clerk and that's pretty much how his job goes (barring the last hour or so where he makes breakfast) if he doesn't have a lot of laundry to do or random emergencies on that particular day.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
If they've solved whatever supposed problems there were with releasing Earthbound on the Virtual Console, I hope their mention of GBA games on VC will include, at some point in the future, an English translation of Mother 3.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Leofish posted:

If they've solved whatever supposed problems there were with releasing Earthbound on the Virtual Console, I hope their mention of GBA games on VC will include, at some point in the future, an English translation of Mother 3.

Mother 3 is never happening. I'm not sure why people keep acting like it will.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Norns posted:

I'm greedy.

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

Norns posted:

What the hell kinda place would let you work that way?

I'm a security guard. In an elevator. I push a button when people get on. It's a pretty dumb job but hey.

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

Norns posted:

And we all thought Earthbound was never happening, either, but look what got announced today.

Timid
Dec 13, 2012

I'm so glad to hear that the Animal Crossing bundle really is going to be released in NA (Although I expected a $200 price tag). That release date cannot come any slower.

Also, it's great to see that Earthbound is finally coming out for the VC. Whatever problems conflicts they faced, i'm just glad that it's all sorted out and getting the attention. Have fun with it Wii U owners!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

This moment amused me far more than it probably should have, but I can't say I care. :allears:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Akileese posted:

Every time I see a Nintendo Direct I look at my 3DS and just smile. The system is so loaded with fantastic games one after another and the hits just keep coming. Well done Nintendo.

Seriously. Same here. The 3DS was my pro buy of 2013 (well, 2012 to be accurate, but I did buy it on the 30th of December). I can't wait until Nintendo give the Wii U the same treatment.

Pegnose Pete posted:

The big announcements from Sony and Microsoft don't inspire this kind of glee in me.

I agree. Earlier this year I came to the realization that I, a 34 year old grown-rear end man, love Nintendo. They've been a constant in my life since I was a kid and nothing in gaming makes me smile like sitting down with a Nintendo game. I like Sony and Microsoft just fine, but Nintendo ... it's just Nintendo, you know?

But agree on the announcement part as well. Like I said earlier, there's something uniquely Nintendo about this stuff. Not just the fact that they do this, but the style and content. It's so ... adorable. Everyone's here to have a good time.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 17, 2013

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

So I just heard Nintendo is announcing Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2 (working Japanese title). I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and purchase a 3DS XL, what with games like Monster Hunter that look like I need to play them.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Strange Quark posted:

This moment amused me far more than it probably should have, but I can't say I care. :allears:
Iwata's goofy antics are always the best part of each Nintendo Direct.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Leofish posted:

I hope their mention of GBA games on VC will include, at some point in the future, an English translation of Mother 3.

There already is a very very good fan-translation of Mother 3, do you really need another official one on top of that?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The little yellow guy holy poo poo

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Well looks like mt US 3DS will be the Animal Crossing one.
Can't wait to collect hundreds of chairs, and get Art Academy and learn to draw good apples.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Strange Quark posted:

The Luigi in the top row, second from the left...I think he's trying to seduce us :stare:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

mikeycp posted:

Can't wait to collect hundreds of chairs, and get Art Academy and learn to draw good apples.

You mean draw cherries.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Rexroom posted:

You mean draw cherries.

I know what I meant. :colbert:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

But apples don't have butts.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

There already is a very very good fan-translation of Mother 3, do you really need another official one on top of that?

Yes because roms are still technically illegal.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Import a Japanese Mother 3 cartridge, dump it to your PC, apply the patch. There, not illegal.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
If any NA people have been looking for the XL Circle Pad Pro, Nintendo's selling them in their online store. It says they start shipping on the 19th.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Laser Spider posted:

And we all thought Earthbound was never happening, either, but look what got announced today.

Earthbound also already had a US release to work with. Mother 3 is never happening.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
I really want to be excited for a new Yoshi's Island but I've been burned by "the sequel to Yoshi's Island!" twice before so I'm erring on the side of caution this time.

New Zelda on the other hand is something I need right the gently caress now

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Artix posted:

Earthbound also already had a US release to work with. Mother 3 is never happening.

Oh man, makes me want to traipse through starmen.net and see the rampant speculation. But no, no I won't.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Import a Japanese Mother 3 cartridge, dump it to your PC, apply the patch. There, not illegal.

Yes, this would be much easier than just paying :10bux: to officially download it on my 3DS.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

absolutely anything posted:

I really want to be excited for a new Yoshi's Island but I've been burned by "the sequel to Yoshi's Island!" twice before so I'm erring on the side of caution this time.

Yoshis story was great for 3 hours or so.

Then you completed the game.

(The title screen music was catchy though)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Box of Bunnies posted:

Yes, this would be much easier than just paying :10bux: to officially download it on my 3DS.

Except you need to go to an alternate dimension where you can actually do that. So yeah, his option sounds a tad easier.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

MrFlibble posted:

The day they gave Yoshi a voice was the day that he was dead to me. That title song is annoying me just thinking about what I remember it sounding like all those years ago :argh:

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO

MrFlibble posted:

Not really. You're meant to go through the game multiple times to find the hearts in each level, which lead you through different paths. That's like saying you completed Star Fox 64 after beating the easy path to Venom.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Norns posted:

Except you need to go to an alternate dimension where you can actually do that. So yeah, his option sounds a tad easier.

He's saying they don't need to make it possible to do that because it's already possible to import, rip and patch the game so why would you need to be able to easily, officially access a translated version?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Box of Bunnies posted:

He's saying they don't need to make it possible to do that because it's already possible to import, rip and patch the game so why would you need to be able to easily, officially access a translated version?

Right, I understood that.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Box of Bunnies posted:

You'll just have to deal with the fact that we are never getting an officially translated version of mother 3 and even if we did it wouldnt be :10bux:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The only way Mother 3 is getting translated is if there's a remake of it in Japan. A new product will give Nintendo a new opportunity to create a translation. It's possible but not going to happen any time soon.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Norns posted:

Right, I understood that.

So I figured we were presupposing a universe where it could potentially happen.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You'll just have to deal with the fact that we are never getting an officially translated version of mother 3

Yeah, I can deal with it. I thought we were talking hypothetically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

This has been running for a couple days now, but Best Buy is running a B2G1 used game sale this week and they just restocked some of the games that had been sold out. Pretty good prices, too. Theatrhythm, Kingdom Hearts, Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Harvest Moon, all $25 a pop, and a bunch of quality DS games for $10/$20. Fire Emblem is still out of stock unfortunately, but who knows, maybe it'll come back before Saturday.

• Locked thread