Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

The Oracle games will be on the 3DS VC in North America on May 30th, too.

So I guess that means EU/AUS will get them at some point in the far distant future.

Ages/Seasons were shown in the EU Nintendo Direct too, same date I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

The Oracle games will be on the 3DS VC in North America on May 30th, too.

So I guess that means EU/AUS will get them at some point in the far distant future.

EU is getting Mario and Luigi Dream Team a month ahead of NA. Bravely Default in 2013, which is coming for NA in 2014. It's looking up for us.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Oh I didn't realise there was an EU Nintendo Direct too. Was it today?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

All the Directs happen at the same time.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They all happen at the same time now. It's only been the past 3 or 4, the ones before didn't used to. It's another move Nintendo's been working towards, and hopefully they'll work towards getting more of their franchises to simultaneous worldwide release, like the new Pokemon games will be.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's all the digital Nintendo Direct crap I couldn't be arsed listing last night:

-New Super Luigi U (NSMBU DLC) coming "this summer"; all-new levels, unique Luigi physics/abilities, single-player only.

-Wii U spring system update out next week; allows data copy/transfer between external drives, background installation, quick-boot into Wii Mode, system/software update downloads even when the system is powered off, etc.

-Wii U VC to launch the day after the update; they listed a few first-party NES/SNES games as launch titles, no real surprises.

-Wii U Panorama View demo to launch alongside the update; additional panoramas purchasable as DLC. (2EUR a panorama, from what I recall.)

-EARTHBOUND coming to Wii U VC in both NA and Europe "sometime this year". EARTHBOUND.

(The JP video also talked about Pokemon Scramble U and the NFC figures; it's out on the 24th, wasn't mentioned internationally.)

-The Legend of Zelda: Oracles of Ages/Seasons coming to NA/PAL 3DS VC on May 30.

-Mario vs Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move will be out on the NA/PAL 3DS eShop on May 9. ("June" in Japan, off the top of my head.) Over 180 stages, four modes, additional minigames, level editor with online stage sharing.

-All three Guild02 titles (Spaceship Damrey, Bugs vs. Tanks, Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale) are being localised by Level-5 and will be out "this spring"; games feature some sort of connectivity bonus for players who own the Guild01 games.

...and some random info from Reggie and co:

-Digital sales count for 11% of total first-party software sales on 3DS

-"Over a third" (>80k) of all Fire Emblem Awakening sales have been digital; "over half" of all players have purchased at least one item of DLC

-20% of purchases of Star Fox 64 3D/Ocarina of Time 3D in 2013 have been digital

-Art Academy/Brain Age 3DS have "15-25%" digital penetration

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 18, 2013

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

digital penetration

Really?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
They made their personal Planescape Torment, Earthbound, a WiiU exclusive, making it a killer app for Wii owners. Those magnificent bastards.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Apr 18, 2013

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

It's just marketing speak. :laugh:-worthy marketing speak.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Swapnote is slowly infecting you. :ohdear:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
New post: apparently the Swapnote update for Europe is coming out today.

Here is the nintendo :italy: announcement.

http://www.nintendo.it/Notizie/2013/aprile/Scarica-oggi-l-aggiornamento-di-Nintendo-Postbox-per-aggiungere-nuove-opzioni--749726.html

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

limaCAT posted:

New post: apparently the Swapnote update for Europe is coming out today.

It's up right now.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

-All three Guild02 titles (Spaceship Damrey, Bugs vs. Tanks, Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale) are being localised by Level-5 and will be out "this spring"; games feature some sort of connectivity bonus for players who own the Guild01 games.
Did they say that in the Direct or are you guessing? The Japanese versions require you to have the physical cart, which didn't come out overseas (also irritating for people in Japan who bought the games individually)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ookiimarukochan posted:

Did they say that in the Direct or are you guessing? The Japanese versions require you to have the physical cart, which didn't come out overseas (also irritating for people in Japan who bought the games individually)

It says so on the international press release.

EDIT: http://level5ia.com/news/level-5-ia-to-release-three-titles-from-japan-only-collection-guild02-in-north-america-and-europe/

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Apr 18, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of April 18):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    Kung Fu Rabbit - €4.99 / £4.49
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Kirby's Adventure (VC Trial Campaign) - €0.30 / £0.30 until May 16
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Little Inferno (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 25
    Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £6.75 until April 25
    Nano Assault Neo (Wii U eShop) - €6.49 / £5.99 until April 25
    The Cave (Wii U eShop) - €8.99 / £7.69 until April 25
    Toki Tori 2 (Wii U eShop) - €13.49 / £11.69 until April 25
    Trine 2: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until April 30
    Puddle (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 until May 2

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Fire Emblem Awakening (April 19) - €44.99 / £39.99
3DS eSHOP
    Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo - €4.99 / £4.49
    Nintendo Letter Box (update)
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Fire Emblem Awakening DLC (April 19)
  • Champions of Yore #1 (Marth, difficulty *) - free "for a limited time", normal price €1.99 / £1.79
  • Champions of Yore Pack (Marth, Roy [difficulty *] and Micaiah [**]) - €3.49 / £2.99 "for a limited time", normal price €4.99 / £4.49
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Dig Dug (NES) - €3.99 / £3.59
DSiWARE
    Forgotten Legions - 500 Points / €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Art of Balance! TOUCH (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 25
    Dress To Play! Cute Witches (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until April 25
    Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.19 until April 25
    Gunman Clive (3DS eShop) - €1.49 / £1.49 until April 25
    Mighty Switch Force! (3DS eShop) - €4.49 / £4.09 until April 25
    Mutant Mudds (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until April 25
    Virtue's Last Reward (3DS Retail Download) - €24.99 / £19.99 until May 2
    Aero Porter (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until May 30
    Crimson Shroud (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until May 30
    Liberation Maiden (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until May 30

NA update (week of April 18):

quote:

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Kirby's Adventure (April 17) - $0.30 until May 17

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins (April 21) - $29.99
    Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns 3D - $29.99
    Tetris Axis - $9.99
    Puzzler Brain Games (April 23) - 9.99
    Puzzler World (April 23) - ?
3DS eSHOP
    Mystery Murders: Jack the Ripper - $9.99
    Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo - $7.99
    Witch & Hero - $3.99
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Fire Emblem Awakening DLC
  • Five-Anna Firefight (Catria, difficulty *****) - $3.00
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity DLC
  • Poke Forest Dungeon - free until April 30
  • Strongest Trail (60 floors, difficulty *****) - $3.00
DSiWARE
    Puzzler Brain Games (April 23) - ?
    Puzzler World (April 23) - ?
    Working Dawgs: Rivet Retriever - 200 Points / $1.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Pokedex 3D Pro (3DS eShop) - $9.99 until April 19
    Dress To Play: Cute Witches! (3DS eShop) - $1.99 until April 24
    Aero Porter (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until May 30
    Crimson Shroud (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until May 30
    Liberation Maiden (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until May 30

NOA is hopeless, they don't seem to list prices for anything anymore. I fished up what I could, please help me out with the rest, NA dudes.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 19, 2013

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In the Nintendo Direct I think they said the Fire Emblem DLC is going to be free/discounted for a month

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Jack the Ripper is 9.99, Harvest Moon is 29.99, Super Little Acorns is 7.99, Witch and Hero is 3.99, and Tetris Axis is still marked as "Retail Only" despite showing up in the "New Software" section. :downs:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Which are the Guild.01 games, and are they any good?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

irlZaphod posted:

Which are the Guild.01 games, and are they any good?

Libertarian Maiden: short but good Kid Icarus Uprising / Battlezone hybrid. I really liked this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbqFGG5f6iM

Crimson Shroud: a throwback to pen and papers RPG (it's like one of those solo adventures but narrated by a DM, and the setting is all mini-figures on a squared map).
I didn't play it too much, but it's good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW_4dxVcing

Aeroporter: I can't play it because it puts too much stress on me (seriously), but it's still a nice puzzler.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBZhyC-8AXs

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fire Emblem's up. :slick:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

limaCAT posted:

Libertarian Maiden: short but good Kid Icarus Uprising / Battlezone hybrid. I really liked this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbqFGG5f6iM

Crimson Shroud: a throwback to pen and papers RPG (it's like one of those solo adventures but narrated by a DM, and the setting is all mini-figures on a squared map).
I didn't play it too much, but it's good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW_4dxVcing

Aeroporter: I can't play it because it puts too much stress on me (seriously), but it's still a nice puzzler.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBZhyC-8AXs

Just wanted to second all of this. Liberation Maiden's music is also really good.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Tetris Axis is up - $9.99, not bad.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Tetris Axis is up - $9.99, not bad.
That's about what it's going for in stores so that's good. Still a shame that Tetris Party's no more.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Remember that "third pillar" of Nintendo's digital strategy that was supposed to involve third-party retailers selling digital games at reduced prices? Whaddya know, it's finally happening:

http://www.game.co.uk/en/games/nintendo-eshop/

The discounts aren't always substantial, and in some cases the digital version is priced higher than the physical version, but it's a good start.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

limaCAT posted:

Libertarian Maiden

a.k.a. Ayn Rand: The Teenage Years

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Suda's making a sequel as a visual novel. For some reason. It's for the PS3, though.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Genius Sonority has announced that Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves will be out in NA on May 2 - there are lots of new features including a traditional RPG overworld, more customisation options and Streetpass features, and you can transfer your save data from the first game.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I finished Gunman Clive - well, I played through it once on normal with Clive. It was cool in terms of visuals, but the controls were pretty lovely especially when it came to some of the later platforming sections. I spent most of my ~30 minute playthrough on one section in the mines and it was super frustrating because the controls wouldn't let me do what I wanted to do. I kept slipping off of platforms and rocks, and it felt like a bunch of bullshit. You do unlock a duck mode after the first playthrough, where you play as a duck that can only fly and can't shoot. Pretty funny, but I think I'm done with this. Off to the Completed folder it goes! Shame, as the visuals are pretty awesome. I love the moving sketch look.

I also played a bit of Planet Crashers. This feels like a waste, mostly - combat is turn based and has Super Mario RPG style button press actions. It has a neat style, but the dungeons are no more detailed than, say, the Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon games. Lots of rectangle rooms connected by hallways. Overall it feels pretty shallow, though I admit I'm not far into it. I just feel like I've played games like this before, and for just a bit more you could get a substantial DS RPG without looking too hard. I'm going to give it a few hours before I feel like I've gotten my fill, but this game has mainly served as a reminder that I haven't finished DQIX. I dig the Animal Crossing visuals though, and some of the combat animations induce a laugh the first few times you see them. I'm interested to see how multiplayer works, though I'm worried that no one will be playing! There seem to be a poo poo ton of unlockable character outfits, but I haven't gotten far enough into it to find any.

I had little interest in Liberation Maiden but man, the video that was posted earlier looks neat. I have Crimson Shroud but I haven't touched it yet. Unfortunately Aero Porter doesn't interest me, but I'm excited to see how the Guild 2 games end up being. I wish Nintendo would give some indication that they plan on releasing SNES and GBA titles to everyone.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
You can also play as the lady Clive is trying to save (she is trying to save Clive, you see). She can float like the Princess in SMB2.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Pope Guilty posted:

You can also play as the lady Clive is trying to save (she is trying to save Clive, you see). She can float like the Princess in SMB2.

She can float but she can't shoot while running! :eng101:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I really think Gunman Clive is just an okay game. Fun for a while, but nothing special.

I still did No Damage runs on the hardest difficulty for all three characters. It got annoying as all hell at some stages (loving DUCK) but my pride was on the line here. Still, I guess it did something right since it managed to keep my attention for that long.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of April 25):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Injustice: Gods Among Us - €59.99 / £49.99
WII U eSHOP
    Rayman Legends Challenges App (free!)
WII VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Real Bout Fatal Fury (Neo Geo) - 900 Points
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Kirby's Adventure (VC Trial Campaign) - €0.30 / £0.30 until May 16
    Little Inferno (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 25
    Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £6.75 until April 25
    Nano Assault Neo (Wii U eShop) - €6.49 / £5.99 until April 25
    The Cave (Wii U eShop) - €8.99 / £7.69 until April 25
    Toki Tori 2 (Wii U eShop) - €13.49 / £11.69 until April 25
    Trine 2: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until April 30
    Puddle (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 until May 2

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins - €39.99 / £34.99
    BIT.TRIP SAGA - €19.99 / £17.99
    Riding Stables 3D - €29.99 / £24.99
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (demo)
3DS eSHOP
    Lola's Math Train - €2.99 / £2.69
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Fire Emblem Awakening DLC
  • Champions of Yore #1 (Marth, difficulty *) - free until May 19, normal price €1.99 / £1.79
  • Champions of Yore Pack (Marth, Roy [difficulty *] and Micaiah [**]) - €3.49 / £2.99 until May 19, normal price €4.99 / £4.49
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mega Man 4 (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Art of Balance! TOUCH (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 25
    Dress To Play! Cute Witches (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until April 25
    Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.19 until April 25
    Gunman Clive (3DS eShop) - €1.49 / £1.49 until April 25
    Mighty Switch Force! (3DS eShop) - €4.49 / £4.09 until April 25
    Mutant Mudds (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until April 25
    Virtue's Last Reward (3DS Retail Download) - €24.99 / £19.99 until May 2
    Aero Porter (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until May 30
    Crimson Shroud (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until May 30
    Liberation Maiden (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until May 30

The Rayman Legends app lets you play exclusive challenge stages based on ones from the main game and compete on the daily/weekly leaderboards; single-player only, off the top of my head, and the stages are on the more gimmicky side, but whatever, it's not like you've got anything else to play...

Real Bout Fatal Fury is the fifth game in the series, for those who've lost count.

Typhoon Jim
Sep 20, 2004

space moo
Those discounts need to be deeper to make me jump.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo NA, here are your Wii U VC launch titles:

NES:

Punch-Out!!
Balloon Fight
Kirby's Adventure
DK JR
Ice climber
Excitebike

SNES:

Super Mario World
F-ZERO

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So... did they just announce "launch titles" where half of them have already been released at 30 cents each?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Whilst i'm not defending this crap, the 30c titles were removed from the eShop completely after their respective months, so this at least gives those that didn't have a Wii U at the time to purchase them.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Yo NA, here are your Wii U VC launch titles:

NES:

Punch-Out!!
Balloon Fight
Kirby's Adventure
DK JR
Ice climber
Excitebike

SNES:

Super Mario World
F-ZERO

8 Games?
Real promising start, Nintendo.
I give them credit for not holding back the releases of the games that have been released already, but only because that is common sense and NoA seems to have none of that when it comes to the trickling iceberg of VC releases.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
So, Shantae GBC might finally be hitting the 3DS VC in "late June/early July", so says the WayForward twitter. Odds are that only covers NA, god knows what's happening elsewhere.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

So, Shantae GBC might finally be hitting the 3DS VC in "late June/early July", so says the WayForward twitter. Odds are that only covers NA, god knows what's happening elsewhere.

Hope the other Shantae game gets a price cut/sale on the eShop (or finally approved on Steam Greenlight), as it a bit pricey for a game that suppose to be only a few hours long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think DSiWare games are still bound by DSiWare rules, so the devs couldn't drop the price even if they wanted to.