Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastervj
Feb 25, 2011
I have to tip my hat off to these guys. They really seem to be trying to walk the walk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

The Kins posted:

There's now pages up for Fez and Don't Starve, though you can't pre-order them yet. They're released May 1st and April 23rd respectively.

Ooooh, I completely forgot that Fez was coming to PC. I've managed to learn almost nothing about that game other than the fact that it gets weird, so I'm excited to get to the party a year late.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

All I know is that there is something more to Fez than it appears. Excited to find out.

Kliff
Feb 7, 2009

Forgotten by everyone? Kanako's fault.
Heroes of Might and Magic 2 has also received an update today - the Windows installer is available as an extra, now.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

I just got Temple of Elemental Evil, can I play the game as is or should I install the huge bugfic/improvemente mod, cant remember what its called. (circle of something?)

phreaky
Nov 4, 2009

What I find more disturbing than a guy saying he's not going to buy a game is the set of comments by people who instantly project their own insecurities and assume the individual is white, male, and ironically, a bigot.

Kliff posted:

Heroes of Might and Magic 2 has also received an update today - the Windows installer is available as an extra, now.

This is great! Finally I can nostalgia hard on the music I grew up knowing

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

babypolis posted:

I just got Temple of Elemental Evil, can I play the game as is or should I install the huge bugfic/improvemente mod, cant remember what its called. (circle of something?)

Do not even DREAM of playing the game as it is. It was ridiculously rushed out, and the publisher decided to shoot for a lowered age rating at the last minute so a bunch of content and quests had to be ripped out, too.

Get the Circle of Eight pack straight away.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/circle-of-eight-modpack

You want the 'NC' version - it adds a ton of new content to the game, but it's all branching off a whole seperate quest hub that you never need to visit, so even if you only want to play the vanilla stuff, just don't travel to the city of Verbobonc

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Dominic White posted:

Do not even DREAM of playing the game as it is. It was ridiculously rushed out, and the publisher decided to shoot for a lowered age rating at the last minute so a bunch of content and quests had to be ripped out, too.

Get the Circle of Eight pack straight away.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/circle-of-eight-modpack

You want the 'NC' version - it adds a ton of new content to the game, but it's all branching off a whole seperate quest hub that you never need to visit, so even if you only want to play the vanilla stuff, just don't travel to the city of Verbobonc

Hah, thanks for the warning. I knew the game was a disaster unmodded but I hoped the gog version would include it.

Schach
Jul 21, 2007
I'm not a monster it'sonlyamask.
Is it not worth playing a little first if I have never played it and am unfamiliar with the D&D mechanics and stuff? Does Circle of Eight changing the basic rules mess with the tutorial or anything? I am about to get into it myself.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Schach posted:

Is it not worth playing a little first if I have never played it and am unfamiliar with the D&D mechanics and stuff? Does Circle of Eight changing the basic rules mess with the tutorial or anything? I am about to get into it myself.

The CO8 mod doesn't change anything in the base game, except for fixing bugs that Troika left in. It is a great game though, and it's possibly the most like an actual D&D game you can get on the PC. Amazingly I enjoyed it enough unpatched for me to get interested in the other D&D PC games.

Mq
Jul 7, 2005
Lazy fat bastard
Book of Unwritten Tales is 75% off. I bought it at full GOG price and found it really good, at five bucks it's a great deal if you like adventure games. I am especially fond of the section that is a tribute to infinity engine games :3:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Mq posted:

Book of Unwritten Tales is 75% off. I bought it at full GOG price and found it really good, at five bucks it's a great deal if you like adventure games. I am especially fond of the section that is a tribute to infinity engine games :3:

This is true, hear this person. Aside Primordia, this is one of the best adventure games to come out in a good while.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I know I didn't really come off on the right foot here a couple weeks ago and sorry for that, but I've got a question. I've been trying to contact GOG support multiple times for over a month now because I misspelled my email address when I changed it and they've never gotten back to me. It's gotten to the point that its just bewildering. Would you guys know anything about this or am I screwed?

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 17, 2013

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

You can't login even with the misspelled address? If support isn't helping out start pressuring them on other fronts I suppose like Facebook. Just don't be an rear end about it and I assume whoever's in charge of their PR will warn whoever's in charge of their support.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Saoshyant posted:

You can't login even with the misspelled address? If support isn't helping out start pressuring them on other fronts I suppose like Facebook. Just don't be an rear end about it and I assume whoever's in charge of their PR will warn whoever's in charge of their support.
Thing is I don't even know what spelling mistake I made so I don't really know what it could be. I have been polite and explained the problem well enough though so its not like I've been raging them at like a neckbeard.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Accordion Man posted:

Thing is I don't even know what spelling mistake I made so I don't really know what it could be. I have been polite and explained the problem well enough though so its not like I've been raging them at like a neckbeard.

I would contact them on Facebook like Saoshyant said, whoever is handling the page seems to be on top of answering questions and comments. You could also make a quick throwaway account through a different email and post a thread on their forum, as well.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

babypolis posted:

Hah, thanks for the warning. I knew the game was a disaster unmodded but I hoped the gog version would include it.

That would involve Atari and possibly also Hasbro to approve it. So no dice.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

WASDF posted:

All I know is that there is something more to Fez than it appears. Excited to find out.

All I know about Fez is Phil Fish is the biggest rear end in a top hat in independent game development.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Lprsti99 posted:

I would contact them on Facebook like Saoshyant said, whoever is handling the page seems to be on top of answering questions and comments. You could also make a quick throwaway account through a different email and post a thread on their forum, as well.
I did the latter, thanks for the advice. Hopefully this all works out.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Lord Lambeth posted:

All I know about Fez is I want to play it

I totally agree. My 360 isn't even a paper weight anymore, it mostly sits on my desk and gets in the way of cables, possibly damaging them.

:toughguy:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Lord Lambeth posted:

All I know about Fez is Phil Fish is the biggest rear end in a top hat in independent game development.

I thought that was Jonathan Blow? :v: Seriously though, I hear this often but what's the full story behind it?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Accordion Man posted:

I did the latter, thanks for the advice. Hopefully this all works out.

I had a weird billing issue (I went through paypal, and paypal registered the charge, but GoG didn't, they added the games to my account within a day of me sending them a message about it) so I at least think they have smart people in their service department.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

John Murdoch posted:

I thought that was Jonathan Blow? :v: Seriously though, I hear this often but what's the full story behind it?

Quick summary:

- won the IGF(?) cash prize multiple years in a row despite never releasing the prize-winning Fez in that time period, bragged and asked others to "suck his dick" over it
- tactless twit who will either back out of or claim he's "trolling"/"putting things out there" when called on especially lovely behavior

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lord Lambeth posted:

Assholes tend to be good at what they do it seems, at least this one is.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

bowmore posted:

Assholes tend to be good at what they do it seems, at least this one is.

I know plenty of developers, both independent and not, that manage not to be as big an rear end in a top hat as phil fish while still making great games.

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Quick summary:

- won the IGF(?) cash prize multiple years in a row despite never releasing the prize-winning Fez in that time period, bragged and asked others to "suck his dick" over it
- tactless twit who will either back out of or claim he's "trolling"/"putting things out there" when called on especially lovely behavior

He also said modern japanese games all suck. Despite taking 5 years to create a game ended up looking an awful lot like paper mario 3.

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011
Yeah, Phil Fish may be insufferable, but FEZ is definitely worth it. I'm looking forward to playing it on the PC.

Eulisker
Sep 2, 2011

He was also going to "loving kill" his ex business partner. You should watch "Indie game - the movie" at least for the team meat audio commentary. It's hilarious!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lord Lambeth posted:

I know plenty of developers, both independent and not, that manage not to be as big an rear end in a top hat as phil fish while still making great games.
I was just making an observation. There are plenty of good people putting fantastic stuff out there as well.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Lord Lambeth posted:

He also said modern japanese games all suck. Despite taking 5 years to create a game ended up looking an awful lot like paper mario 3.

He recently said the 3DS was a stupid gimmicky console and when people called out his game for running on a gimmick mechanic he told everyone to gently caress off, he was just kidding guys lighten up suck my dick yo.

Fish is a big loving baby and one of those people that needs to have Twitter taken away from him. He's almost as bad as Penny Arcade's Mike Krahulik who goes on Twitter rampages but at least everyone universally hates Fish as a person while Krahulik has an army of blind loyalists that will harass his enemies to no end.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Kliff posted:

How's this to be understood, again? That they've put in the old installer, or?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

That they've included the Windows 95 version as a bonus.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

John Murdoch posted:

Jonathan Blow is a sensitive pretentious guy. I couldn't imagine him being rude.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Should I not hold my breath about Freelancer or Tron 2.0 ever coming to Gog?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Oldstench posted:

Well the world record for holding your breath is 22 minutes so...

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Man, I would love Tron 2.0 to come to GOG. That game looks loving awesome.

phreaky
Nov 4, 2009

What I find more disturbing than a guy saying he's not going to buy a game is the set of comments by people who instantly project their own insecurities and assume the individual is white, male, and ironically, a bigot.

THE BAR posted:

How's this to be understood, again? That they've put in the old installer, or?

The most notable differences are some multiplayer networking optimizations and that it plays the expansion's music in towns (much less opera).

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

WASDF posted:

Man, I would love Tron 2.0 to come to GOG. That game looks loving awesome.

I wish GOG would get a contract going with Disney like they did with Hasbro.

Not only would it get stuff like Tron 2.0, but at this point it's only route for getting Lucasarts on the service.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Tron 2.0 coming to GOG with the fanpatch integrated needs to happen, because Tron 2.0 is probably Monolith's best game.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Kliff posted:

I gave HOMM 2 a reinstall because of this. Is there something like a high-resolution patch for this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Oldstench posted:

I want Freelancer BAD. I lost my disk and Darkstar One just can't scratch that itch.