Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

It's really strange that they came on CBB to promote something that didn't have any content at the time, and still doesn't except for that music video. Wouldn't it make sense to have some content before you plug something to what is ostensibly your core audience?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

It's really strange that they came on CBB to promote something that didn't have any content at the time, and still doesn't except for that music video. Wouldn't it make sense to have some content before you plug something to what is ostensibly your core audience?

They were probably all at that festival anyway, and it was a reason to do a CBB. Scott probably wanted to get as many done as he could while on a short break from filming.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Was just listening to the newest CBB and Scott said the words "my wife" and didn't do Borat. End of an era.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

He's done that song on CBB before, right? I can't remember where I heard it.
I don't know if he's done it on CBB, but it's off his A Live at Central Park special.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

caligulamprey posted:

I don't know if he's done it on CBB, but it's off his A Live at Central Park special.

Ah, that's probably where I heard it.

That special was pretty good but I felt like I was supposed to be high as poo poo watching it, and I didn't have any drugs. :(

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
When Bonnaroo announced their comedy lineup a couple weeks ago, it included Comedy Bang Bang (the comedy tent is hosted by IFC), but now it looks like it's been dropped. I was actually looking forward to seeing that, but oh well, at least Reggie Watts is still on the bill.

Now that I think of it, I don't think Scott ever mentioned anything about it. Weird.

Kymera
Sep 6, 2006

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world

Ah, that's probably where I heard it.

That special was pretty good but I felt like I was supposed to be high as poo poo watching it, and I didn't have any drugs. :(

I liked his first live special Why poo poo So Crazy significantly more. I think because it was taken from 3 performances it contained only the best material. It also had more non-musical segments which I really enjoy, sometimes more than his music. Live at Central Park also has this on going sketch going on throughout that I didn't think was funny. I've seen him live and he was pretty great but I do think he is at his best when you take the best material from several performances.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
The first time I saw Reggie Watts, he just did weird beat boxes for like 15 minutes... and while they were good, I didn't think he was funny at all.

Of course, I did a complete 180 on that, but previously, I would literally go on people like Chelsea Peretti's twitter and say "Hey-- what exactly is it that Reggie Watts does?"

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

My favorite Reggie song is the "Panama" cover he did for the AV Club. Really keeps it true to the original song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xetZZLmmEw8

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm partial to the Ain't No sunshine he did on this Aussie show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aKnx7PdCgU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Guys: He's wearing the same sweater in both of those videos.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I wish he would do more collabs with Beardyman, that guy has taken that style of music to insane heights.

e: Oh goddamnit, I've said this sentence several times confindent it only happened once in 2009, and now I found another collabo with them from December, 012'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ8hkjDA9Xc
Beardyman would make an amazing Earwolf guest now that I think about it, he seems to have a pretty decent comedic gene and could make a fantastic musical guest, or just a comedy one.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Apr 13, 2013

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

episode 205 has the most Eugene's on any episode of Comedy Bang Bang.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
This might just be me but for me, Horatio Sanz is a funny person.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Mozi posted:

He sure seems to have a penchant for stuffing toilet paper into his orifices.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mozi posted:

I enjoy how all of his characters eventually just turn into somebody giving you directions around LA.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Horatio Sanz's finest moment was going from "What was the name of the woman on Grace Under Fire?" to "I co-starred as Center Square on Hollywood Squares with my best friend, Brett Butler." in one bit.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I like both Jerrod and Horatio but I thought it was a little lackluster. Notice how Scott had to ask Jerrod in a not-so-joking way if he was going to talk this time around. They definitely need more than one other guest when he's on.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
how was Carmichael in the most recent episode? I haven't... felt like listening to it until I can get my bearings back after what happened on Monday.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I like both Jerrod and Horatio but I thought it was a little lackluster. Notice how Scott had to ask Jerrod in a not-so-joking way if he was going to talk this time around. They definitely need more than one other guest when he's on.

To be fair, Jerrod's only got one previous appearance under his belt (With Wompler as "guest host," no less,) and I feel like people unfamiliar with the show may be expecting a more standard talk show style where their unprompted quips aren't welcome.

Unrelated, but I can't get enough of the My Wife Supercut. "Carson Borat. My favorite character."

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

Unrelated, but I can't get enough of the My Wife Supercut. "Carson Borat. My favorite character."

What episode is the song starting at 4:13 from?

I don't think there's anything on this podcast that gives me greater pleasure than Scott saying a joke so bad it brings the podcast to a halt. Especially if PFT is there.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

What episode is the song starting at 4:13 from?

I don't think there's anything on this podcast that gives me greater pleasure than Scott saying a joke so bad it brings the podcast to a halt. Especially if PFT is there.
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/highly-illogical/

I think. I'm actually pretty damned sure. My encyclopedic knowledge of CBB is so useful.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

cams posted:

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/highly-illogical/

I think. I'm actually pretty damned sure. My encyclopedic knowledge of CBB is so useful.

Huh, I forgot Barry R was on that episode. Actually I think I forgot everything about that episode except Tim's Star Trek impressions and the Woody Allen story.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

cams posted:

My encyclopedic knowledge of CBB is so useful.

Don't worry. I, a person posting on the internet, think that makes you cool.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

JethroMcB posted:

I was listening to this a few weeks ago when somebody knocked on the door to my studio, and I forgot to pause it when I answered. Must've been weird for them to see a guy listening to people just saying "my wife" the entire time.

drainpipe fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Apr 17, 2013

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

escape artist posted:

how was Carmichael in the most recent episode? I haven't... felt like listening to it until I can get my bearings back after what happened on Monday.

I actually really liked him. He always tried to poke holes in Santz's story and his pre-guest banter with Scott was great.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

drainpipe posted:

I was listening to this a few weeks ago when somebody knocked on the door to my studio, and I forgot to pause it when I answered. Must've been weird for them to see a guy listening to people just saying "my wife" the entire time.
Did he use the secret knocking style of three knocks on the door?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I'm a sucker for it but I loved Sanz just listing streets in Los Angeles.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

escape artist posted:

Even Anthony Jeselnik went back and deleted a tweet he made in regards to the bombings.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Zsinjeh posted:

Even Anthony Jeselnik went back and deleted a tweet he made in regards to the bombings.

Aww that's really disappointing. Surely when his whole thing is You Can Joke About Anything, he shouldn't back off. I think I read the tweet and it wasn't very funny but that's not an issue if he's going for the shock value anyway.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Yeah I'm a bit torn, but maybe it was before it everyone knew it was a kid, (a kid someone in the forums used to babysit all the time apparently, the GBS thread got extremely depressing real quick :smith:).
But it was pretty shortly after his pretty good explanation and reasoning on the CBB episode so it feels a bit off.

The joke, if I recall, if you want to judge for yourselves. Today is a day where some lines just wont be crossed. Especially the finish line.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Zsinjeh posted:

I think I might have actually had a significant part in him deleting that tweet. Could be wrong, but I'll tell you the story if you're interested.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

escape artist posted:

I think I might have actually had a significant part in him deleting that tweet. Could be wrong, but I'll tell you the story if you're interested.

Fishing much?

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

escape artist posted:

We're not, and you didn't, and this has all been a colossal waste of 30 seconds.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

escape artist posted:

I'm interested because I want to hear how deluded you are.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Guys, I DM'ed him "Too soon". Obviously I'm the hero.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I want to hear it because I think Jeselnik is a mildly sociopathic hack. :D

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
WELL CMON ESCAPE ARTIST

THE PEOPLE WANNA KNOW!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

JEN KIRKMAN HAS ESCAPED FROM THE INTERNET!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Politicalrancor posted:

JEN KIRKMAN HAS ESCAPED FROM THE INTERNET!

Has she? Or has she just stumbled into a different chamber of her cyber-tomb?