Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Rodney the Piper posted:

This cracked me up.

As did Dave's attempt to mention the events in Boston. "That was a shame... and I watched the Hall of Fame last night." The Davest Dave to have ever Daved.

This had me laughing as well just at the shear awkwardness. Poor Dave wanted to say something but just didn't know how. He said something like "It's a shame and I didn't really want to watch wrestling.....I watched the full Hall of Fame last night and it was really good!".

I also enjoyed him burying the Andy Griffith show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

This had me laughing as well just at the shear awkwardness. Poor Dave wanted to say something but just didn't know how. He said something like "It's a shame and I didn't really want to watch wrestling.....I watched the full Hall of Fame last night and it was really good!".

I also enjoyed him burying the Andy Griffith show.

Dave obviously had the best in mind, but just because of who he was, he did a poor (but well-intentioned!) attempt to communicate that.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The Goog posted:

Hope you like digressions; this week, we couldn't keep on topic for the life of us. There was plenty of good stuff, though!

Topics:
1. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Larry Sweeney
2. How great is Brock Lesnar? Very. How dumb is a steel cage match for his feud with Triple H? Very.
3. Why does WWE seemingly hate Antonio Cesaro? He's awesome. They're dumb.
4. Was "Fandangoing" really a thing?
5. Which of these four wrestlers (Triple H, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Randy Savage) will get into the WWE Hall of Fame first? Of the three currently living, which will retire first?
6. FEUD OF THE WEEK: Steve Blackman vs. Shane McMahon
7. Is John Cena WWE's top heel?
8. Having unlimited funds and complete creative control, how would you save/rebuild the WWE women's division?
9. What wrestler/wrestling figure do you most associate with their current company, to the point where you can't see them working anywhere else?
10. Pandering! The Ten Count is now available on iTunes, and we have a blog, a Twitter account, and an email address! (I promise this is the only time I'll do this.)

This has been a really big week for the podcast. We're on iTunes! We have a blog! We have a Twitter! I am excited!
I don't know if I'm supposed to be laughing when I hear Dolph Ziggler's music but I definitely am

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Steve Austin has his new episode out

http://www.podcastone.com/program?action=viewProgram&programID=436

Listen to Stone Cold talk about having facials, manicures, and pedicures. :swoon:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Now I want Punk to show up on this podcast.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Now I want Punk to show up on this podcast.

Same. I want him to call in pretending to talk about hunting and then just go off on Austin.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

How'd I know that would come up during the Larry Sweeney section?

It is also my favorite Larry Sweeney moment.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I really enjoyed listening to this podcast.... on my iPhone, via iTunes!!!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

On my iPod Nano! Actually I haven't listened to it because I only subbed today and didn't have time to sync before work.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I enjoyed listening to it on MY iPod Nano too, whilst cleaning dishes at work.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly
The part where you guys couldn't stop laughing at the thought of Rey 619-ing the Twin Towers almost made me cry while driving down a busy freeway.

You assholes are great.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
So while you people were listening to a podcast that isn't even a real thing, Bryan Alvarez interviewed Maria and managed not to sexually harass her. Good on him.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
"They have a lot more acting related stuff [in WWE developmental] as compared to when I was there" - Maria

(excuse the watermark)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Question for the Ten Count: It's May 28th, 1997. Owen Hart picks up Steve Austin for the piledriver. He does it the correct way this time, and Austin sustains no injury.

At the time, Austin was 33 years old, and had at least 10 good years left in him. Imagine he never got that injury - how different is the main event scene over the past decade? He's around the same age as Undertaker; would we be getting a marquee Austin match every year to this day? Would we have had an Austin/Cena feud in the mid-late 2000s where the torch was passed? Would Cena even have gotten a look in with the Austin merch-machine being what it was?

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

To the Ten Count crew: Has a gimmick change ever killed your interest in a wrestler you used to like?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Tonfa posted:

To the Ten Count crew: Has a gimmick change ever killed your interest in a wrestler you used to like?

I like this one.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Space Cob posted:

The part where you guys couldn't stop laughing at the thought of Rey 619-ing the Twin Towers almost made me cry while driving down a busy freeway.

You assholes are great.

The icy-hot on his knees doesn't burn get hot enough to melt the supports. It was an inside job.

Ten Count Crew: Terry Funk is going to wrestle one more match before he retires (for real this time). Who do you want to see him wrestle? Please don't say Mick Foley because nobody with a soul wants to see him wrestle again.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Cowboy Bobs Hep C posted:

The icy-hot on his knees doesn't burn get hot enough to melt the supports. It was an inside job.

Ten Count Crew: Terry Funk is going to wrestle one more match before he retires (for real this time). Who do you want to see him wrestle? Please don't say Mick Foley because nobody with a soul wants to see him wrestle again.

I want to see him wrestle Kevin Steen or a horse

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Apr 17, 2013

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Finlay. Those two old coots would punch the gently caress out of each other.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Finlay. Those two old coots would punch the gently caress out of each other.

I wouldn't want to see this, just because it's a certainty that that match is ending in a fatality. They will genuinely just punch each other to death.

oatgan posted:

My answer is Jun Kasai, however

You remember Funk's barbed wire match with Sabu? The one they had to stop to cut both guys out of the wire?

That's going to look like a technical masterpiece compared to Funk/Kasai. They're going to need to stop that match for blood transfusions.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 17, 2013

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I don't think anybody with a soul wants to see Terry Funk wrestle again either

My answer is Jun Kasai, however

oatgan fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 17, 2013

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
After seeing Funk at the Hall of Fame, I really didn't want to see him wrestle again.

Funk in WCW was the perfect "old man wrestler", past that it's just too much.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

It'll never happen, but Terry Funk vs. Darkness Crabtree is a match I would sign away my life to see.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Ten Count question: Who, as a child or when you were first getting into wrestling, did you absolutely love and thought was the coolest thing ever, but now that you're older and look back, you're like "why the gently caress did I ever like him?"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If Owen Hart had descended safely to the ring at Over The Edge, where do you think his career would have gone during the late Attitude Era and beyond?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I want to see him fight Juan Ponce de León for the rights to the Fountain of Youth.

Then everyone else.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

If Owen Hart had descended safely to the ring at Over The Edge, where do you think his career would have gone during the late Attitude Era and beyond?

I will always remember the weird dirtsheet talk that Owen was supposed to get "The Game" gimmick.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cowboy Bobs Hep C posted:

A bear. All the greats have wrestled bears.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

triplexpac posted:

I will always remember the weird dirtsheet talk that Owen was supposed to get "The Game" gimmick.
The Game is barely a gimmick and I don't think Owen was in line for the push HHH got.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

The Goog posted:

This has been a really big week for the podcast. We're on iTunes! We have a blog! We have a Twitter! I am excited!

Out of curiosity, will you be adding the old episodes to the iTunes feed?

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
For the Ten Count guys: If the Cruiserweight title ever came back, who would you like to see pushed as the main contenders in the division?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRanTer posted:

So while you people were listening to a podcast that isn't even a real thing, Bryan Alvarez interviewed Maria and managed not to sexually harass her. Good on him.

Listening to it now, thought it as funny as Bryan pointed out how many people in that age bracket (myself included) have that same exact patten of watching wrestling.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
TEN COUNT HERE IS A QUESTION: Who, in your opinion, are the most overpushed and underpushed wrestlers of all time, taking all factors into account, not just actual ability. ie Cena is a pretty bad promo and fairly inconsistent worker, but he draws tons of money, so I don't think you can really say he doesn't deserve his push to at least some extent.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Antitonic posted:

Out of curiosity, will you be adding the old episodes to the iTunes feed?

Sure! I'm pretty sure I've got all of them on my computer (either ones that I recorded or grabbing ones that got uploaded by others), but there are a fair number so I don't want to release them all at once. I'll try to remember to put one up every...oh, let's say Thursday.

To everyone asking questions: Holy poo poo, thank you. These are all really really good, and if we don't get to them on the next Ten Count they'll definitely come up at some point. Keep 'em coming.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

The Goog posted:

Hope you like digressions; this week, we couldn't keep on topic for the life of us. There was plenty of good stuff, though!

Topics:
1. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Larry Sweeney
2. How great is Brock Lesnar? Very. How dumb is a steel cage match for his feud with Triple H? Very.
3. Why does WWE seemingly hate Antonio Cesaro? He's awesome. They're dumb.
4. Was "Fandangoing" really a thing?
5. Which of these four wrestlers (Triple H, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Randy Savage) will get into the WWE Hall of Fame first? Of the three currently living, which will retire first?
6. FEUD OF THE WEEK: Steve Blackman vs. Shane McMahon
7. Is John Cena WWE's top heel?
8. Having unlimited funds and complete creative control, how would you save/rebuild the WWE women's division?
9. What wrestler/wrestling figure do you most associate with their current company, to the point where you can't see them working anywhere else?
10. Pandering! The Ten Count is now available on iTunes, and we have a blog, a Twitter account, and an email address! (I promise this is the only time I'll do this.)

I enjoy MRP's (I think) continued disdain for Joey Ryan.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

triplexpac posted:

Well it was his idea, and he wasn't going to get HHH's push as much as the nickname was just transferred over to HHH.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Nut Bunnies posted:

Well it was his idea, and he wasn't going to get HHH's push as much as the nickname was just transferred over to HHH.

Meltzer seemed to think he didn't care, and was way, way too banged up to be any good at that point anyway. I seem to remember when he was getting burried by Triple H he was already having problems moving and that was a couple of years before so :iiam:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah, and that connects to the Owen question. If he lives I don't really see him continuing past 2001 or so.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Miching Mallecho posted:

Steve Austin has his new episode out

http://www.podcastone.com/program?action=viewProgram&programID=436

Listen to Stone Cold talk about having facials, manicures, and pedicures. :swoon:

Holy crow this episode is amazing. I could listen to Stone Cold jab about body wash and loofahs for hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Austin has another podcast up where he talks with motherfucking Chael Sonnen. Haven't finished it yet but so far it's good. When Chael isn't "in character" he's one of the most interesting guys to listen to.

• Locked thread