Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So what do Sly demons want anyway? Debuffs, I assume? I've had them gain loyalty from attack spells, and then I've had them get pissed off at me for the same thing. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I think Sly demons just want to use magic and keep their hands clean. I think they also respond best to bribes. From what I remember:

Kind -> Healing and guarding
Wild -> Physical attacks
Sly -> Magic attacks and maybe bribes
Calm -> ???
Dumb -> Trust them (Choose Go when it's their turn)

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

If anyone feels like they don't have enough money or MAG, have Victor use Mystic Change on a max loyalty Dumb demon to obtain a Dream Ticket (save first, because sometimes it fails?). Take the ticket to the bank in Paradigm X and then roll around in your stacks of cash.

Here's another tip: After you finish the second vision quest, go to the bath house forum.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Does it have to be immediately after or can it be anytime?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

ChaosArgate posted:

I think Sly demons just want to use magic and keep their hands clean. I think they also respond best to bribes. From what I remember:

Kind -> Healing and guarding
Wild -> Physical attacks
Sly -> Magic attacks and maybe bribes
Calm -> ???
Dumb -> Trust them (Choose Go when it's their turn)

I think Calm is supposed to be the trust with Go demon since they are supposed to choose the most optimal action. Dumb ones are just erratic, though I suppose Go works in that case as well.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

Does it have to be immediately after or can it be anytime?

I'm honestly not sure. Just next time you go the hideout, go to Paradigm X and check.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

nachos posted:

I think Calm is supposed to be the trust with Go demon since they are supposed to choose the most optimal action. Dumb ones are just erratic, though I suppose Go works in that case as well.

I remember someone ingame saying that the dumb ones like to be trusted, but I guess hitting Go should work for both?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Proto Cloud posted:

I honestly thought that due to the rise of video games and animated features over the last decade or so would've changed the situation for voiceovers. Now if it's the case of lack of unionization, they really need to stand up for themselves. It hurts to see these kinds of jobs where people just do it for the love of it all, like game developers do.
They do have a union. A union with low minimum wages. There are a few outspoken VAs who scream for a shift in how VA is treated but nothing has really changed except the general quality has gone up as demand and awareness has increased.

The truth is, even though the US voice actor pool is small, it's still big enough to create competition amongst voice actors. So everyone basically has to work dirt cheap to get gigs, because all voice actors are pretty much disposable in the industry's eyes (much like game developers). You hear reoccurring voice actors in particular studios because of established working relationships, of which the most obvious is in Atlus localized games I think.

Voice actors just have no leverage to work with when it comes to the industry. They can't just ditch the union, as there's really no benefit to do so. They can't "stand up for themselves" because studios have only one reason to pay more money for a particular voice actor over another: Hollywood star power, of which no normal voice industry actor commands. In the end, while a small subset of gamers may gripe if their favorite VA doesn't reprise a regular character, there really hasn't been a big public example where someone can credit lost earnings to not casting a particular voice actor. Nobody commands that leverage, not even Jennifer Hale (of which only ~20% of recorded players even heard her voice in ME3, cited by Bioware). You could replace the entire Persona 4 Golden cast due to some freak out, and people may take to the forums and bitch, but it's skeptical anyone at Atlus would predict lost sales on the decision. This would never happen anyway since voice actors need to put food on their table anyway and you would be insane to say No to a job in our economy lately.

Voice acting is still a minor footnote in the eyes of the west. It's slowing evolving now that more voice actors are actually coming out and saying, "Yeah I did that voice!" and names are at least becoming known through social media. The one thing we can be thankful are that most of the current voice actor population love their jobs and put up with all the stupid poo poo. Now we just need to stop this hiring of Hollywood actors for marketing power because that is definitely one thing that does do tangible damage to the voice actor industry. Thankfully I know some studios have curbed this significantly.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

If anyone feels like they don't have enough money or MAG, have Victor use Mystic Change on a max loyalty Dumb demon to obtain a Dream Ticket (save first, because sometimes it fails?). Take the ticket to the bank in Paradigm X and then roll around in your stacks of cash.

Here's another tip: After you finish the second vision quest, go to the bath house forum.

When you're level 20+ grinding with no demons at floor 2-3 of the sea ark is also a good way of getting a ton of mag. If you have the app that nets you extra items then you also get a bunch of loyalty boosting items that sells for decent amounts.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

nachos posted:

No, that's actually right--Dumb is Go.

Calm picks the optimal action--and you have to tell them to do the optimal action in order for their loyalty to raise. Pick something aside from what the AI was going to have them do and there's a chance that you'll end up losing loyalty. For that reason they are the toughest type to raise Loyalty and prime targets for getting good and drunk.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Genpei Turtle posted:

No, that's actually right--Dumb is Go.

Calm picks the optimal action--and you have to tell them to do the optimal action in order for their loyalty to raise. Pick something aside from what the AI was going to have them do and there's a chance that you'll end up losing loyalty. For that reason they are the toughest type to raise Loyalty and prime targets for getting good and drunk.

I've found Calm on high-Attack demons to be pretty simple because they don't mind using their basic fight command a lot. Alternately, put them in the back and Guard. It's only when you get one that has multiple tactical options that it gets hard.

It's still probably easier to get them drunk.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
So, what's the deal with Zoma demons? I've just finished my second vision quest and I see I can make one now, but they seem kind of weird...is there a gimmick to 'em?

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Couple of questions...

For Nemichi, it IS 24 hours between when you can feed 'em coins.

And what changes are on the upper and lower difficulties?

Also, I'm glad for all the little personality things here. Is there a gift guide for demons somewhere? I think I missed it...

Aerofallosov fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 19, 2013

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

RentCavalier posted:

So, what's the deal with Zoma demons? I've just finished my second vision quest and I see I can make one now, but they seem kind of weird...is there a gimmick to 'em?

If you put the effort into them, you can build them similar to how you might create ridiculously broken demons in newer SMT games. They also won't cost you any MAG to summon or to keep in the party, and they always have maxed loyalty. So in theory, you can make it into a baller, especially since you can just pull demons from the compendium now. They're also components for fusing special races of demons, but those start out like in the mid forties so.

You may find it easier just to stick some revival/healing spells on it for post-battle patch ups.

In other news:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I hope it gives weakness to Light spells :getin:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
My Zoma is turning out pretty drat good once I fused it with a demon that had three elemental ma- skills from nemechi. I'm using it and Nemissa only and I'm rolling in mag. I can only imagine how incredibly broken it might be later on.

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

So does the Zoma just inherit whatever magic attacks the demon you fused it with had?

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

mrfreeze posted:

So does the Zoma just inherit whatever magic attacks the demon you fused it with had?

Sort of. The Zoma inherits up to 6 magic skills. The magic from the demon you're fusing with it always takes precedence and will overwrite previously held magic skills.

For Extra attacks, what can get transferred depends on your Zoma's type. What type your Zoma becomes depends on the types of demons you fuse into it. At the beginning they all look the same but once it goes higher in levels it splits into one of four types (Human/Angel/Dragon/Animal) based on what types of demons you put into it. Most people will probably end up with human types since most demons make that. Birds and Angels/Fallen angels make Angel type, Trees and Dragons make dragons, and beasts make animal types.

The four types roughly broken down are:

Humans: Punching and Gun-based Extras, mostly. No strengths or weaknesses.
Angels: Weapon-based Extras, High speed/luck, low endurance/magic. Strong to magic, weak to physical attacks.
Dragon: Pure-magic based extras, high magic, low speed. Strong to magic, weak to physical attacks.
Animal: Physical extras, very high strength/endurance, low luck/magic, dumb as a rock. Strong to physical attacks, weak to magic.

Which skills can transfer to which type is entirely predetermined and there's a strict hierarchy of which take precedence over others.

In my experience humans are nice all-rounders but dragons are also good as casters you put in the back row. Animals and angels are kind of glass cannons. Animals are extremely tough but good as dead against strong caster enemies. Angels have some great Extras but you need to stick them in the front row to make the most out of them, and their weakness to physical attacks means they die a lot.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Question about Zeed: when you fuse him into one of the special Zeed specific fusions is there any way to get another Zeed or revert that demon back into Zeed, or do you only get to pick one of them?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

If you fuse Zeed during a new moon, you'll go back to that doll thing you used to create it. Early on, Victor says that this is if you messed up somewhere and want to redo your Zeed.

By the way, was Soul Hackers a multi-disk game on PSX?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

If you fuse Zeed during a new moon, you'll go back to that doll thing you used to create it. Early on, Victor says that this is if you messed up somewhere and want to redo your Zeed.

Yes, it was two discs.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

ChaosArgate posted:

Once you get to level 40 or so you can fuse Zeed with specific demons to get special Hero/General demons, rather than an enhanced Zeed. Does that apply to them too?

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
I did the post-second-Vision Quest bathhouse forum thing and didn't seem to get a reward. Should I reload and not show my ID this time?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Mordecai posted:

I did the post-second-Vision Quest bathhouse forum thing and didn't seem to get a reward. Should I reload and not show my ID this time?

Did you go into the Bank?

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
I have now! Thanks, that's a nice bonus.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
What are the best stats to focus on for the Protagonist of Soul Hackers? Is he still best optimized as a psychical beast or has the 3DS version given him the ability to learn more magic attacks?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crabtree posted:

What are the best stats to focus on for the Protagonist of Soul Hackers? Is he still best optimized as a psychical beast or has the 3DS version given him the ability to learn more magic attacks?

He can't use magic and needs to remain alive. Take those two things into account and you'll do fine.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

ImpAtom posted:

He can't use magic and needs to remain alive. Take those two things into account and you'll do fine.

Thank you. Does the intelligence stat do anything important or can it be avoided as well?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Crabtree posted:

Thank you. Does the intelligence stat do anything important or can it be avoided as well?

It seems to increase magic hit and magic attack to a lesser degree then magic itself. I've been putting the occasional point into it for Nemissa.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Crabtree posted:

I think it affects how easy it is to negotiate with demons. At least, it did in the older games that had intelligence so I imagine it still does here.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Intelligence also, according to the manual, increases magic defense the way Endurance increases physical defense.

It's probably good to get some.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Sorry to interrupt Soul Hackers chat but I have a question about regular Persona 4. What's a reasonable level to take on the Good Ending and True Ending? I've already gotten Naoto, the party average is ~50, and I am in the early part of November.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

A Bystander posted:

Sorry to interrupt Soul Hackers chat but I have a question about regular Persona 4. What's a reasonable level to take on the Good Ending and True Ending? I've already gotten Naoto, the party average is ~50, and I am in the early part of November.

Somewhere between 78-83 should be good.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

jonjonaug posted:

Somewhere between 78-83 should be good.

Cool. Any cool Personas that I should pick up along the way that aren't Yoshitsune?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Kohryuu or whatever the name was. The big fuckoff dragon. He was basically my mainstay for the last two dungeons.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Trumpeter is easy to get and packs Debilitate.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

I feel like people really liked Yatagarasu too, but I don't remember why.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

TurnipFritter posted:

I feel like people really liked Yatagarasu too, but I don't remember why.

Not at that level, Yatagarasu is like 40. You might want to pull Cool Breeze or Diarahan off it, I guess.

I used Saturnus as a magic attacker, as it has Agidyne, Fire Amp, and Spell Master; you only need to get it Fire Boost and Mind Charge. It also naturally learns Evade Ice when Ice is its only weakness. Kohryu does it better, but may be harder to make as you need to have maxed out Hierophant's link and also have the specific Persona for its recipe.

Kohryu also has the added bonus of doing it with Electricity, and you're more likely to be using Yukiko for fire damage than making Kanji do anything but hit things.

Prism fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Apr 19, 2013

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Question for the boss fight at the end of Amami Float:

Does it change anything beyond the fight itself if I decide to fight Finnegan without Nemissa? I can do it but it'll be a lot tougher without my lightning cannon of a partner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Hohohoho, now I have a demon turtle the size of an island. Will this be more or less useful than flower lady? Find out!

http://www.twitch.tv/roguelike