Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I like the non-live episodes better. This one was good, but too short!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012
You like the non-live episodes more even though you can't keep working on your classic "Calling to fake Mom" bit? But yeah, I think Sean and Hayes seem a little more at ease and loose when they aren't worrying about phone calls, so I think I slightly prefer the non-live episodes myself.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I liked last episodes format; being live but with pre-screened calls so only, well, you can come on. You should become the call-in sidekick already!

Also, loving hell, Splash has already become a Swedish reality show with our own 'stars'.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Well of course I like calling in and being a goober, but reality show show is awesome because of Sean Hayes riffing the poo poo out of reality shows. And like you said, they seem more at ease when they're working with their prepared bits. They're still good at squeezing comedy out of the calls, but I wouldn't mind it if they had a few non-live ones too.

I'd like to see them do a VPN show.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Them hassling that one caller about seeing Vibes was one of their best moments. TRSS is battling neck and neck with MBMBAM for my favorite podcast.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Hey Andy, did you see Vibes?

Will Ferrel being on Jeff Garlins annoying laughter podcast and the recent Louis C.K standup sponsor is making me long that kind of comedians on CBB or other great Earwolf podcasts.
Chris Pratt would be loving amazing on CBB or I4H.

e: Whenever I explain what Improv comedy is to my friends I always point to that fantastic bit from Parks & Rec when Chris Pratt as Andy does the amazing "Leslie, I put your symptoms into the thing up here and it says you might have network connectivity issues". Imagine that on I4H.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 10, 2013

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
New I4H up! Merritt, Sodaro and Secunda.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but why are there awful filters on all the Earwolf photos? If I had to guess it's because the guests were uncomfortable being photographed in extremely casual dress and needed that layer of vaseline to obscure themselves, but if I want to see improv comedians covered in vaseline I have an entire hard drive for that.

Mozi fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Apr 11, 2013

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Mozi posted:

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but why are there awful filters on all the Earwolf photos? If I had to guess it's because the guests were uncomfortable being photographed in extremely casual dress and needed that layer of vaseline to obscure themselves, but if I want to see improv comedians covered in vaseline I have an entire hard drive for that.

They're using Instagram. I assume it has a no-filters option, but when you have all these fancy effects they are really tempting I guess.

Also I am super excited about Betsy Sodaro being back on, I really loved her other appearance!

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Mozi posted:

Because their intern is a goofy rear end 15 year old girl from Marina Del Ray.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Apparently the live podcast tonight is Professor Blastoff. I've been meaning to check it out for forever, hopefully it'll be good!

Tegan and Sankara
May 4, 2009

I enjoyed it, though tricksy British Summer Time meant I missed the first half hour. What was the name of the guest, Christina something?

What have people made of the 'animashups?' I quite like the style, but taking audio straight from podcasts means they don't quite work. I'm surprised no-one's animated an I4H sketch, as they have isolated scenes which could be animated pretty well I thought. Hell, you could animate whole shows, maybe edit them down to a half-hour, and end up with a decent, cheaply-produced, sketchshow (when Comedy Central steals this idea I expect royalties)

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

This just popped up on the Earwolf page on Facebook about an upcoming Jake Fogelnest episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0QKa1cx9_4
I'm not as well versed in musical comedy of America, who does that voice of the, I'm presuming, guest belong to?
Unless he actually has Daft Punk as a guest.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Zsinjeh posted:

This just popped up on the Earwolf page on Facebook about an upcoming Jake Fogelnest episode
I'm not as well versed in musical comedy of America, who does that voice of the, I'm presuming, guest belong to?

I think that was Tommy Chong, but Jake is doing the Live Show soon and he said his guests are Howard and Kulap.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Zsinjeh posted:

Yea, it's Tommy Chong, the record scratch and quote are from "Earache My Eye". The skit is sampled in a few rap songs, but the record in the video is the original Cheech & Chong album it's from.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

On HDTGM June not understanding what the gently caress street fighting is in relation to the game and movie is hilarious. This episode is great.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Deadpool posted:

On HDTGM June not understanding what the gently caress street fighting is in relation to the game and movie is hilarious. This episode is great.

oh poo poo I was busy with my own poo poo and forgot that I am awake at 3am EST when a new HDTGM drops, time to listen to STREET FIGHTER, BTICHES!

Eat a Peach
Nov 27, 2006
This ain't no revolution, it's evolution, but everytime I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace.

Earwolf posted:

Ever wondered what it’s like to be in the writers’ room for the FXX animated series Johnny Bananas starring Johnny “Drama” Chase & Andrew Dice Clay? Thanks to Rafflecast now you can hear the writing process behind Season 3 of Johnny Bananas with staff writers Jon Daly, Adam Pally, Gil Ozeri, Jake Fogelnest, Shelby Fero, creative consultant Joe Mande, and punch-up king Paul Scheer!

Yesterday's episode of Jon Daly's Rafflecast is required listening if you couldn't stand Entourage but watched every minute of it. I couldn't keep it together at work today.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/johnnys-bananas-writers-room/

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Eat a Peach posted:

Yesterday's episode of Jon Daly's Rafflecast is required listening if you couldn't stand Entourage but watched every minute of it. I couldn't keep it together at work today.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/johnnys-bananas-writers-room/
This is loving bananas.

EDIT: Towards the end this turns into one of the funniest things ever.

cams fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 17, 2013

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Inside the Johnny Bananas Writers Room is the perfect entry into Jon Daly's Rafflecast. It also has a roundtable My Wife for the ages. Your move, CBB.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
If you haven't checked out The Reality SHOW Show yet, please listen to the first ~20 mins of this week's episode. If you don't enjoy the Vine and Plain White Tees riffs, then you don't have a soul. I was listening in the car on the way home from work and laughing like a loving idiot.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
This bananas thing is good except for Fogelnest. I don't know what it is but I just can't stand this guy.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The blatant mocking of the cell phone sponsor on TRSS was amazing.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Yeah, I remember when Jeff Ulrich was in this thread talking about advertisers, and I filled out those surveys when the Earwolf shows were pimping them, and I really am having trouble understanding these loving phone service ads. Everyone already has a cell phone provider, nobody is leaving Verizon for some phone company they've never heard of. Nobody is even leaving AT&T, and AT&T is terrible. The only people who are dumb enough to buy into this probably prefer daytime TV garbage to podcasts. The target audience is people who buy poo poo like MagicJack.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Mob posted:

Yeah, I remember when Jeff Ulrich was in this thread talking about advertisers, and I filled out those surveys when the Earwolf shows were pimping them, and I really am having trouble understanding these loving phone service ads. Everyone already has a cell phone provider, nobody is leaving Verizon for some phone company they've never heard of. Nobody is even leaving AT&T, and AT&T is terrible. The only people who are dumb enough to buy into this probably prefer daytime TV garbage to podcasts. The target audience is people who buy poo poo like MagicJack.

Ting has been making the podcast rounds. They started with the Joe Rogan Experience, for better or for worse.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
What episode is the Ting advertisement on? Their take down on the weed site was in the last one.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Jerkface posted:

What episode is the Ting advertisement on? Their take down on the weed site was in the last one.

Keep listening, farther in. Although the weed ad was funnier to me, the Ting one was them reading the ad copy they were given in a way to show how dumb they think it is.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Greggy posted:

Keep listening, farther in. Although the weed ad was funnier to me, the Ting one was them reading the ad copy they were given in a way to show how dumb they think it is.

The episode is only 56 minutes long! Theres only 1 commercial break as far as I can tell :confused: Mystery ad!

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Jerkface posted:

The episode is only 56 minutes long! Theres only 1 commercial break as far as I can tell :confused: Mystery ad!

That's really weird, where do you get it from? It was there on my mobile phone, as well as in itunes on my computer. 40:05 is where it begins.

filthychimp
Jan 2, 2006
Damned dirty ape

Mob posted:

Prepaid smartphone services are growing pretty quickly right now. Basically, they're resellers who operate on larger network's towers. Ting, for example, is a Sprint reseller. You can take your Sprint phone over to them and get the same service for a much lower price, as long as you don't use a large amount of data.

There's a thread in Inspect Your Gadgets about prepaid stuff. T-Mobile has a very good plan with 100 minutes, unlimited texts, and 5 GB of data for $30 a month, which is by far the best deal you can get in the United States at the moment. That also gets you voice and text roaming on AT&T's towers, but not data. Straight Talk and Red Pocket resell AT&T service for a pretty reasonable price. Page Plus resells Verizon service, giving unlimited minutes and texts and 2GB data for $55 a month.

There's a lot of good options out there, especially if you own your phone outright. Most resellers just let you move your old phone over to their service.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Whole lotta inside baseball this week on I4H.

Also a great sponsor.

Mozi fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Apr 18, 2013

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I know this forum is pretty split on Jeff Garlin (I like him) but whether you like him or not, his new show with Conan is a good one. I guess they used to be roommates in the 80s, so they have a natural conversation and it doesn't sound very interviewy.

Plus, Conan talking about being a pirate with a spoon in his eye had me dying.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Greggy posted:

That's really weird, where do you get it from? It was there on my mobile phone, as well as in itunes on my computer. 40:05 is where it begins.

I'm dumb! Now I heard it! I don't know how I missed it the first time I listened to the ep, but clicking around I couldnt find it at all. I'm a dumdum, but yes good take down on that copy.

Edit: Wow the new I4H is hilarious

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 18, 2013

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Jerkface posted:

Edit: Wow the new I4H is hilarious

Has it never not been? I'm so glad I started to listening to stuff outside of CBB, because there's gold in them Earwolf hills. The I4H Adam Pally episode a couple weeks back was just loving amazing.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Lugaloco posted:

Has it never not been? I'm so glad I started to listening to stuff outside of CBB, because there's gold in them Earwolf hills. The I4H Adam Pally episode a couple weeks back was just loving amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emYCZ4XI828 The southern accent and bit was amazing. Go ahead, convoyze!

We are way overdue for another Andy Samberg and Adam Pally episode of CBB.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Lugaloco posted:

Some are just pretty good. But I don't think I've heard a less than adequate episode yet.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Some are just pretty good. But I don't think I've heard a less than adequate episode yet.
Which makes me bummed when Besser does his plugs for the podcast itself "I'm just a performer, a street peddler.."
Trying to get friends on it, hopefully they aren't actually hurting for numbers :ohdear:

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

If you want some more Colton Dunn in your life, he and "What up, Im Harris" play stoner animal control guys on last week's Parks and Rec.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Zsinjeh posted:

Which makes me bummed when Besser does his plugs for the podcast itself "I'm just a performer, a street peddler.."
Trying to get friends on it, hopefully they aren't actually hurting for numbers :ohdear:

That was just a reference to an earlier episode. Telling your friends is still a good idea!

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Went to Asssscat at UCB LA and Matt's intern was handing out podcast promo cards as we left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Greggy posted:

That was just a reference to an earlier episode. Telling your friends is still a good idea!
No yeah I remember that bit, I was just thinking he'd been plugging the podcast a couple of times now, I think one time before that bit which had me wondering they're losing listeners or something.