Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
just make it white and shiny like the orange part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

Shaggar posted:

just make it white and shiny like the orange part

hm, no

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yes

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

in shaggarville the cones do not reflect but simply have white tape

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

much like all of shaggar's opinions, he doesnt want this one to reflect reality

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
some of them do, but they also have reflective plastic and that stuff is more grey than white, but it doesn't look like mesh like the vlc cone.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
vlc is from france and in france thats how the traffic cones look

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
oh, so thats why vlc is so bad

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

Shaggar posted:

some of them do, but they also have reflective plastic and that stuff is more grey than white, but it doesn't look like mesh like the vlc cone.

theres a whole roll of it here i can go take a picture of it if you want

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Preloading Font Cache, this may take a couple minutes!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

jooky posted:

theres a whole roll of it here i can go take a picture of it if you want

do you live in some weirdo country like france w/ hosed up traffic cones + software?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
that poo poo is expensive btw

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

Shaggar posted:

do you live in some weirdo country like france w/ hosed up traffic cones + software?

georgia (the state), so probably to both

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

that poo poo is expensive btw

ya it aint cheap

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
weird traffic cones are the first sign that your country makes bad open sores software, you heard it here first

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Shaggar posted:

oh, so thats why vlc is so bad

Oui oui bien sur messieur ohoho

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cubemario posted:

weird traffic cones are the first sign that your country makes bad open sores software, you heard it here first

yes its one indicator

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
or sign, if u will.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
WARNING! CAUTION! do not use this softwares!

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

mplayerx is good

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I really like MPC, good keyboard shortcuts, non-stupid interface.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

according to my dad vlc owns in academia where students always bring in video presentations encoded in the worst most obscure formats possible. vlc is good for anytime you have to deal with unknown content or computing systems, you can put it on a flash drive and play pretty much anything.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

odark thirty posted:

according to my dad vlc owns in academia where students always bring in video presentations encoded in the worst most obscure formats possible. vlc is good for anytime you have to deal with unknown content or computing systems, you can put it on a flash drive and play pretty much anything.

nah tell them m4v or F. banding is -20 points

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spankmeister posted:

wahts the yospos approved audio player app then

foobar just works

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

echinopsis posted:

foobar just works

lmbo foobar

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

On windows:

Media Player Classic - Home Cinema

runner up: windows media player only in windows 7. I guess shaggar was right if you dont use the keyboard ever to navigate around videos and it starts up fast now.

On Mac OS:

Quicktime X i guess because it plays h264 with hardware acceleration

Players that are scrub tier:

VLC (at least in windows I don't know about Mac OS). No hardware accleration (by default) no vsync, no 3:2 pulldown.
Codec packs (in windows) because MPC-HC breaks apart all containers for you, and you only need mpeg-4 or VC-1 decoding, which are built into your OS.
Quicktime player for windows, or QT7 on mac os: lol its single threaded and doesn't even support high profile AVC without it crapping on it self.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

It's MPlayerX for OS X

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

pagancow posted:

On Mac OS:

Quicktime X i guess because it plays h264 with hardware acceleration

only in very certain circumstances

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
figured since almost everything I do is pretty much thing to h264 that I'd give x264.exe a try and welp surprise surprise it only does video

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
I mean I guess that's to be expected but it took me a few minutes of trying to find some faac options before I realized why I had a problem

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
when you download vids from youtube the only thing i can ever get to open that poo poo is either virtualdub with ffdshow or sometimes after effects what is that poo poo google is pulling

is all of youtube vc-1?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

plays fine in vlc

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

actually yt's codec depends on the quality but iirc 480p and up is h264

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Moist von Lipwig posted:

when you download vids from youtube the only thing i can ever get to open that poo poo is either virtualdub with ffdshow or sometimes after effects what is that poo poo google is pulling

is all of youtube vc-1?

whenever I pull it down with YouTube-dl it ends up being in an flv container so that might be it?

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:
vlc is the best in every way other than that drat traffic cone

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
i was using keepvid to pull m4a files maybe they're loving it up actually

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

ahmeni posted:

whenever I pull it down with YouTube-dl it ends up being in an flv container so that might be it?

then your dling the crappy version hth

I have this userscript called toutube hd suite ultimate pro or w/e which just puts links to download each quality under the vid itself.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

flv is like VP3 or some shameful poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

spankmeister posted:

then your dling the crappy version hth

every version is the crappy version

• Locked thread