Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

ZearothK posted:

Kennel, how much for a sample of your hair so I can grow a clone?

Sorry, I'm a robot.

Source for Beartato image: http://d-mac.deviantart.com/art/Beartato-Fan-Art-130330733 (and of course everyone should read https://www.nedroid.com)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Oh, and someone on the Gunnerkrigg forums IDed the monster already :v:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Rasamune posted:

I don't see how this by itself could result in how we know the story ends though. At least I can't foresee Annie or Smit-face being rude in this situation, and Mighty Eyebrows Boy already has good luck anyway.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

I haven't followed this thread for months and I picked the perfect time to jump back in :allears:

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
That owly thing is so adorable, I hope to see more of those zany animals from the forest.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Rasamune posted:

For some reason it cracks me up that the pointless '... and is considered ugly looking' line is in there. Like, kick a cryptid while it's down.

I wonder if a chickcharney is the one contesting the article's lack of sources.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Brightman posted:

I don't see how this by itself could result in how we know the story ends though. At least I can't foresee Annie or Smit-face being rude in this situation, and Mighty Eyebrows Boy already has good luck anyway.

Maybe what they're running from is their "reward" for being nice

Or maybe there's a whole flock of the little buggers coming for them, all wanting to hang out with them at once

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!

Brightman posted:

They might not be rude intentionally, but either (Smitty) could put their foot in their mouth pretty easily.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 18, 2013

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Well, I guess we know whose claw it is in the chapter intro? Also, this chapter's archive icon looks like a marble. We've already seen that some Forest creatures are fascinated enough by humans that they're willing to cross over, so I wouldn't be surprised if the owl-thing wants to play a game of marbles. "Oh boy! Playing marbles with human children! Just like in my fanfictions!"

Plus, the image of Smitty and Annie playing marbles with a weird owl-thing is pretty funny. Especially when Smitty's powers let him sweep the field with one shot.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I dunno I think Smitty's power would just make all the marbles crowd together in a circle in the middle.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man it must suck playing games of chance with Smitty.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

I dunno I think Smitty's power would just make all the marbles crowd together in a circle in the middle.

I think it'd turn them into cubes or something. The chickcharney's are chasing them because Smitty ruined all their marbles.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Tollymain posted:

Nah, his power makes it work out so that everyone gets to win once and they all have a pleasant evening together.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Tollymain posted:

As we've seen, it sucks playing literally any game with Smitty. He just instantly wins.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Boogaleeboo posted:

As we've seen, it sucks playing literally any game with Smitty. He just instantly wins.

But at least you won't lose your marbles over it.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
I decided to make a banner ad based on one of kidcoelacanth's posts from a li'l while back. Took some work to get it under the 40kb limit

e: And by a li'l while back, of course, I mean almost a year ago. Goddamn

Rasamune fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Apr 18, 2013

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
I love how smug Annie always is with the forest until it blows up in her face :3:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

I love how smug Annie always is with the forest until it blows up in her face :3:

:annsplaining:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Boogaleeboo posted:

Maybe the chickcharney is a sore loser. I could totally buy this being what happens. However, as we've mostly demonstrated in the past, this comic can be wildly unpredictable, so who the hell knows.

Anyone think there's a chance it's Coyote? It seems less likely given the chapter cover matching the chickcharney's talons and such, but I feel like if Coyote was able to find out they were in the forest at all he'd do something to mess with them.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Rasamune posted:

I decided to make a banner ad based on one of kidcoelacanth's posts from a li'l while back. Took some work to get it under the 40kb limit

e: And by a li'l while back, of course, I mean almost a year ago. Goddamn

Oh man, Huggerkrigg Court is adorable. Also, I think that the "Personal appeal from Tom Siddel" image that was on the GC site a while back would make a pretty good banner ad once wikipedia starts asking for donations again.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Someone needs to buy that as a banner ad on the forums.

mjau
Aug 8, 2008
So, I, er. I feel a bit stupid posting this, but what the hell. I found myself with some time to kill and a silly idea today (inspired by Kennel's image)

(i'm sorry)

(it's Dale Cooper and Garland Briggs from Twin Peaks)

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

mjau posted:

So, I, er. I feel a bit stupid posting this, but what the hell. I found myself with some time to kill and a silly idea today (inspired by Kennel's image)

(i'm sorry)

:golfclap:

I can hear both of their voices perfectly :allears:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Does that make Surma Laura Palmer?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

mjau posted:

(i'm sorry)

Absolutely fantastic. I'm actually in the middle of working through Twin Peaks with a friend. I did a double take when I saw your edit.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

Prison Warden posted:

Does that make Surma Laura Palmer?
Obviously it's Jeanne.

Do... do we want to know who BOB is? :ohdear:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Tupperwarez posted:

Obviously it's Jeanne.

Do... do we want to know who BOB is? :ohdear:

Well, obviously MIKE is Rey

Zimmy is the log lady

Kat is Harry Truman

So BOB is... Coyote? :ohdear:

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

Begemot posted:

So BOB is... Coyote? :ohdear:

Yes.

How's Annie? How's Annie? How's Annie? Ha ha ha ha ha! How's Annie? How's Annie? Ah ha ha ha ha!

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

mjau posted:

(i'm sorry)

You are wonderful, this is wonderful. :)

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

Van Kraken posted:

Yes.

How's Annie? How's Annie? How's Annie? Ha ha ha ha ha! How's Annie? How's Annie? Ah ha ha ha ha!
That is both awesome and horrifying, much like Coyote himself.

Also, Boxbot is James Hurley. Complete rubbish.

Edit: Ahahahaha, Red as Albert Rosenfeld.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
So yes, Smitty does just "solve problems". Though obviously this problem wasn't solved completely if it resulted in the two of them running hell-for-leather out of the forest.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Smitty you ruin the fun of everything.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Somebody should make a Smitty RPG where he immediately solves every quest he comes across.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Don't presume that Smitty conjured the marble from thin air; he's already well aware of what a chickcharney is and possibly anticipated needing a marble for one!

Edit: For some reason I assumed chickcharneys have an established reputation for enjoying marbles. This is not the case.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

He probably found that laying on the ground as they were walking. Smitty is going to be the best medium. :allears:

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Oneiros posted:

He probably found that laying on the ground as they were walking. Smitty is going to be the best medium. :allears:

He can solve everyone's problems! SMITTY!

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?
Oh great, now Smits is officially "the guy who can find your lost stuff," the Forest equivalent of "that guy in the office who can fix computers".

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The chickcharney's going to think Smitty stole it.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Tupperwarez posted:

Oh great, now Smits is officially "the guy who can find your lost stuff," the Forest equivalent of "that guy in the office who can fix computers".

This could actually be why the ended up fleeing the forest. A whole menagerie chasing them, begging for Smitty to find their misplaced crap.

Er, treasures. I mean misplaced treasures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Goddamnit Smits, stop ruining awesome adventures by instantly solving them.