Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

slogsdon posted:

It's like this for every track in existence.
Not exactly, but yeah that's complete bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Are you driving a Testarossa? Maybe you'll become Kavinsky!

The Fresh Prince posted:

You chose a pretty good weekend to come up what with the holiday and all.

;-* were just camping in the meadow :buddy:!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Sad, not on the iTunes Canada store yet. Any of the non-US iTunes have it?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

I like it. But it's very...Jamiroquai.

Again, I like it.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I'm very curious to hear the track on the album that they worked on with Animal Collective's Panda Bear.

context: http://obsession.nouvelobs.com/musique/20130418.OBS6224/random-access-memories-par-daft-punk.html

Just translate the page for the rest of the tracks

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's a nice-sounding, fun, catchy song, but I dunno that I'd call it all that great. And the sound is very generically "daft punk", albeit with a disco twist. I don't not like it, but it's pretty disposable, and not really special in any way, in my opinion.

rotateTranslate
Jul 19, 2006
ra ra im a dinosaur
It's up on the Australian iTunes Store now.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The song is very groovy and makes me want to dance. Pretty excited for the full album!

Also I want to see the full music video.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yesssss, it hit the :canada: iTunes Store, excellent.

It's true, it does remind me of Jamiroquai. I could definitely hear it in Jay's voice. Probably minus the hand claps and some more splashy drums.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Abel Wingnut posted:

I like it. But it's very...Jamiroquai.

Again, I like it.

What?!

How dare you??!

sadfly
Jan 27, 2011

SyRauk posted:

I'm very curious to hear the track on the album that they worked on with Animal Collective's Panda Bear.

context: http://obsession.nouvelobs.com/musique/20130418.OBS6224/random-access-memories-par-daft-punk.html

Great interview, despite the spotty translation. This part in particular really intrigued me:

Daft Punk posted:

This piece ("Touch") has 250 tracks, so this is the most complicated, the most crazy.

I've been listening to a lot of Bangalter's 90s stuff (specifically Trax on Da Rocks Vol. 2) these days and I gotta say, the hype has really sucked me in over the past couple days... Consider me stoked. I really hope Get Lucky becomes the next massive hit, I'm getting a bit tired of hearing Thrift Shop every fifteen minutes I'm forced to listen to the radio during my morning commute.

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012

SyRauk posted:

This album is starting to sound really high concept. I'm seriously intrigued, if they can take these concepts and make music that people want to dance to/listen to then I will be very impressed.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
Beatport now has the WAV file.

http://www.beatport.com/track/get-lucky-feat-pharrell-williams-radio-edit/4331630

*edit*
And now that I've listened to it. While its a great track and I love it. I really hope the album version expands on the track a bit more. So far its great, but the feeling that its "incomplete" at the end really lingers. I mean, its an awesome 4 minutes, but it could be so much more.

tehsid fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Apr 19, 2013

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Well after curiosity got the better of me, I got the version off Beatport too, and the quality is Significantly Better. From what I have been told, it's due to Amazons VBR encoding making things sound a bit muddy. I have listened to both versions in 3 different pairs of 2-$300 of headphones and the beatport version sounds better in every one.

TL;DR: Buy this off Beatport, not Amazon

Old Man Pants fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Apr 19, 2013

velocityJE
Jul 11, 2001

~ LOVE FOREVER ~

tehsid posted:

*edit*
And now that I've listened to it. While its a great track and I love it. I really hope the album version expands on the track a bit more. So far its great, but the feeling that its "incomplete" at the end really lingers. I mean, its an awesome 4 minutes, but it could be so much more.
I agree. That said, I am totally in love with the bass in this song; tone's perfect, fills are excellent. Killer groove.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
For some reason I was expecting the music video to be out when I woke up. :(

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Shampy posted:

For some reason I was expecting the music video to be out when I woke up. :(

Well get more clips of the video throughout the month :haw:

Foiltha
Jun 12, 2008
The single is out on Spotify as well.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Old Man Pants posted:

Well after curiosity got the better of me, I got the version off Beatport too, and the quality is Significantly Better. From what I have been told, it's due to Amazons VBR encoding making things sound a bit muddy. I have listened to both versions in 3 different pairs of 2-$300 of headphones and the beatport version sounds better in every one.

TL;DR: Buy this off Beatport, not Amazon
This is called confirmation bias, btw.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Loving the piano chords.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I don't think its a great song but I have listened to it 4 times in a row.
drat it is one catchy song.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Bown posted:

It's a nice-sounding, fun, catchy song, but I dunno that I'd call it all that great. And the sound is very generically "daft punk", albeit with a disco twist. I don't not like it, but it's pretty disposable, and not really special in any way, in my opinion.

It really just sounds like they decided to make a song that's poppy and innofensive, something likable by the general public. Daft Punk owns but it's undeniable that like 90% of people who like daft punk really just know like three songs off of Discovery and I'm pretty drat sure that's what they were going for with this song. poo poo, they even lifted the vocal harmony thing from harder better faster stronger and the rest of the song just sounds like someone wanted to make something sound like it was off of 'discovery' but wasn't

It's not /bad/ but i'm going to get tired of it fast if it gets much radio airtime

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
I've never had Spotify notify me when a song is available until now. Is it a recommendation based on my listening habits or is this such a major release that they assumed everyone would want to know?

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Man to me the two SNL loops are so much better than the song itself. Anybody else really not all that jazzed on Pharrell's vocals? What's neat is that there's nothing wrong with this situation, and Daft Punk still wins. They delivered dope loops for anyone to use (including themselves in what can only be an incredible inevitable tour) in the package of a full pop song that will make some solid sales and please the people who want to hear full songs and not just EDM on loop.

God I love those loops.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Yeah, im not super impressed with Pharrell's vocals, it sounds karaoke'ish, but the song is still really fun. Can't wait for the inevitable remixes for this song. Heh.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Glad I'm not the only one I guess. I've heard better singers at karaoke, honestly.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Heh, I think the hype already killed this song for me for a bit. Bought it on iTunes, listened to it once and was like "yup, I have already heard this song enough for a while"

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

Does anybody know if ordering Random Access Memories has/will have Autorip?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
My vinyl copy does not have the Autorip logo, but my copy of Seventh Son of a Seventh Son does. It's possible that they will include Autorip when it actually releases.

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

captainOrbital posted:

My vinyl copy does not have the Autorip logo, but my copy of Seventh Son of a Seventh Son does. It's possible that they will include Autorip when it actually releases.

This is the first time I've actually seen a preorder for an album on Amazon, so I don't know how this all works. :gonk:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Now the vinyl copies of Homework and Discovery both have the Autorip logo on them, so I'm going to assume that poo poo is going to end up in my Fancy Amazon Music Cloud before I even get to unwrap the record.

Useless Shotgun
Nov 5, 2010

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man: no time to talk.
I was a little dissapointed at first that the song didn't conform to the expectation that I was forming from hearing the first couples clips, but after listening to it a couple times I have to say it is growing on me. I am really interested in what the rest of the album is going to sound like.

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

captainOrbital posted:

Now the vinyl copies of Homework and Discovery both have the Autorip logo on them, so I'm going to assume that poo poo is going to end up in my Fancy Amazon Music Cloud before I even get to unwrap the record.

I'll still wait and see if anything comes up on RAM.

At any rate, this is basically what happens when I try to sing Get Lucky without the music. :geno:

Oh, and we've topped Amazon.com

Zedicus Mann fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 19, 2013

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

het posted:

This is called confirmation bias, btw.

Nope. As someone who produces music and has been a DJ for 10+ years, the Amazon version sounds like poo poo.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Old Man Pants posted:

Nope. As someone who produces music and has been a DJ for 10+ years, the Amazon version sounds like poo poo.
And that's called appeal to authority :hehe: I definitely don't care where you get your mp3s but I've seen enough of these "Well I listened to A and I listened to B, and I decided A sounds better" claims to know that they're basically meaningless without A/B/X testing.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Old Man Pants posted:

Literally every single A/B/X test in history regarding sound quality has been failed.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I listened to a highly compressed mp3 of Get Lucky on a CD I haphazardly burned in my car with the volume turned up real loud and it sounded a lot better than the Beatport WAV did through my iPhone's speakers.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Zedicus Mann posted:

At any rate, this is basically what happens when I try to sing Get Lucky without the music. :geno:

You start to sing the LotR music? What?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I just drove home and I'm not even kidding when I say that all I listened to on my way home was Get Lucky on repeat like 5 or 6 times in a row. I think I'm in love. I almost never feel that urge to listen to a song over and over again (well, I did earlier in the year with JT's Suit & Tie, but it's still very rare), but I do with this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheYellowFog
Oct 17, 2008

grain alcohol and rainwater
Suit and Tie is the worst Justin Timberlake song

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread