Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dinosorcerer
Sep 2, 2011
Varrstoen has the answer. Nobody cares if you're using knock off rims, it's not like you're racing it anyway.

http://www.varrstoen.com.au/shop/2-2-1-wheels/2-2-1-rims-wheels-18i - $1200 a set delivered to you. (Ignore the colour)

http://www.varrstoen.com.au/shop/1-1-1-wheels/1-1-1-rims-18in-wheels - $1400 a set.

I've got BBS LM's and while they are a pain to clean they're not too bad, plus I imagine your brake pads won't be anywhere near as aggressive as the ones I run. It's worth it.

I guess if you wanted to hit the middle ground between spokey/TE37 Varrstoen still has you covered with the CE28 copies:

http://www.varrstoen.com.au/shop/3-3-1/3-3-1-rims - $1400

It's a no brainer if you're looking to avoid the outrageous prices of the originals and still have an amazing looking car.

And as mentioned the RPF1 are an amazing wheel for a low price too.

(Note these are 17", 18s would look even better)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Finally on it's way to me!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

This. I have the 3.3.2s on my Genesis Coupe (the CE28 knockoffs) and they look amazing. If you are feeling adventurous, they will powdercoat them any color you want before they ship them to you.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Comrade Flynn posted:

Finally on it's way to me!

So when are you making your cross-country tour so all of us plebeians can have a ride? I'll have to request this day off from work :swoon:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

a glorious hole posted:

what does this mean?

What do you think it means, a glorious hole?

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Dinosorcerer posted:

And as mentioned the RPF1 are an amazing wheel for a low price too.

(Note these are 17", 18s would look even better)

RPF1s look good on anything.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Sab669 posted:

So when are you making your cross-country tour so all of us plebeians can have a ride? I'll have to request this day off from work :swoon:

I'm just going to use launch control all the way across the country.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Attached my trunk spoiler :shobon:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Comrade Flynn posted:

I cross the country 1/4 mile at a time.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Comrade Flynn posted:

You'll be the only person wishing for a red at every set of lights. :getin:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

jammyozzy posted:

You'll be the only person wishing for a red at every set of lights. :getin:

Careful what you wish for... You'll hit every red light but someone in a Geo Metro will be in front of you!

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I went to downtown Dallas today.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Next to my brother in laws Ghea :shobon:

I love this car so much, I keep taking pictures just because

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Nodoze posted:

I love this car so much, I keep taking pictures just because

Your spoiler looks good :)

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Sockington posted:

Your spoiler looks good :)

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
As it sits with the new suspension. I think I'm going to order some spacers for the front, it almost looks broken.

TheKeeper
Jul 18, 2003

Quantum Shit
I recently moved to my new house, which happens to have a garage. This is wonderful to me as I never had my own garage before. I am very happy I can keep my toys in a proper toy box.

2008 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special and 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Crustashio posted:

As it sits with the new suspension. I think I'm going to order some spacers for the front, it almost looks broken.

Are they staggered? Just get another set of rears if so. Square setups are all the rage.

Thalamus
Jan 20, 2007

Peace, Brothers & Sisters!
Man my cellphone camera sucks.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

some texas redneck posted:

I went to downtown Dallas today.

Sweet CU action.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Are they staggered? Just get another set of rears if so. Square setups are all the rage.

I've been trying for months. There just literally aren't any around here (maybe 20 e36 m3s total in my province), and I'm not really going to trust a BF.C member to actually ship me something expensive. I'll be getting kosei K1s or Apex Arc-8s as track wheels. DSIIs will be street wheels only.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Bovril Delight posted:

Sweet CU action.

I prefer these guys, personally.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Finally took delivery this weekend!

And went to my first meet up already:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Another AIer and I found a place to practice our rallycross chops.

mike_348
Apr 30, 2009

2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0t Tsukuba Red, picked it up over 2 weeks ago and loving it.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Comrade Flynn posted:

Finally took delivery this weekend!

And went to my first meet up already:

Negromancer posted:

I went out to the yearly Italian Car meet at XXX root beer in Issaquah on Sunday. Sadly there was not the best turn out due to the rain, but this was the first thing I saw as I walked up.

Awesome, a Pantera!

Wait a second, wtf is going on with the front end......

DEAR GOD WHY :cry:

Sadly I didn't get a picture with the headlights up, which had been swapped for the "sleepy eye" style you see on so many miata's and rx7's. I had to wait for the owner to leave before taking pictures, in fear that he would have tried to talk to me. Of course he was a middle aged guy who had a bluetooth ear piece in the entire time.

There was also a Lada Riva(that can just be seen in the top left of the first pic) there which made me laugh, but I guess its basically a russian built Fiat, so it belonged.

Wait what

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

That's...odd. The Italian meet was the next day but the weather was awful.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Huh, I didn't realize XXX was attached to an office park.

Also:
http://goo.gl/maps/a8obm

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

mike_348 posted:

2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0t Tsukuba Red, picked it up over 2 weeks ago and loving it.

Nice pickup! I got a 2011 3.8, same color. Manual or automatic?

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

when i move you move, just like that
First time going to a drag strip. It was interesting, but I did terribly. These pictures also make me realize that I really need to get my car professionally detailed.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

dangerz posted:

First time going to a drag strip. It was interesting, but I did terribly. These pictures also make me realize that I really need to get my car professionally detailed.

What year is your Z06? By looking at it, I'm guessing mine has the factory drop on it, as that looks a lot higher. Or maybe it's just the lighting throwing me off.

I got rid of my Scion xA as a daily commuter. Had it for 6 months and it was just sooooo boring. So I traded it for this:

(cell phone pics)

2004 Lincoln LS Ultimate - V8 goodness, every possible option other than heated rear seats and nav. The air conditioned seats are probably my favorite part. Very comfortable and pretty quick.

The Z06 is much happier with the 1.5l gone and the new 3.9 keeping it company.

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

Hashal posted:

What year is your Z06? By looking at it, I'm guessing mine has the factory drop on it, as that looks a lot higher. Or maybe it's just the lighting throwing me off.

The Z06 is much happier with the 1.5l gone and the new 3.9 keeping it company.
It's an '03. Mine's lowered as far as the factory bolts let you go while still keeping the appropriate rake. It probably looks a little higher there because I'm just launching. What year is yours?

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

dangerz posted:

It's an '03. Mine's lowered as far as the factory bolts let you go while still keeping the appropriate rake. It probably looks a little higher there because I'm just launching. What year is yours?

'02. It probably is the launch, the front looks a lot higher than the rear.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

dangerz posted:

You said "terribly" but I'm wondering what kind of times you consider terrible. And what issues prevented you from doing better? Reaction time or anything mechanical?

auruspex
Oct 17, 2005
Took delivery of this today:

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec Manual

Loving it so far! Haven't drove a manual as a daily driver since 2006 when my '94 Acura Integra got stolen from my apartment complex :saddowns:

(as a note, the dealer parked it like that for delivery - i swear im not a dbag that parks in handicap spots)

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

davebo posted:

You said "terribly" but I'm wondering what kind of times you consider terrible. And what issues prevented you from doing better? Reaction time or anything mechanical?
It was an 1/8mile track.. my times were in the 8.7-8.8 range. My trap speed was always 87.something mph. It was all driver issues. Car did well (with the exception of a sticky clutch at the end, but that's a common Corvette issue).

Long story short, I need to focus on launches. I wasn't able to find a good balance between power release and power to the ground. I wasn't comfortable enough to take traction control off, so it would constantly kick back. The other issue is that I would spin the tires even shifting into 3rd gear.

It's all newbie stuff and I just need more experience on a track like that. From what I've read, the car is capable of being in the low 8s/high 7s stock.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

auruspex posted:

Took delivery of this today:

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec Manual

Loving it so far! Haven't drove a manual as a daily driver since 2006 when my '94 Acura Integra got stolen from my apartment complex :saddowns:

(as a note, the dealer parked it like that for delivery - i swear im not a dbag that parks in handicap spots)

:hfive: another gencoupe! Welcome to the party.

Boogeyman
Sep 29, 2004

Boo, motherfucker.
Goodbye, Envoy. Hello, fun car. 2013 Camaro 1SS, blue ray metallic with cyber gray stripes. Put 175 miles on it so far and I'm loving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazer_chicken
May 14, 2009

PEW PEW ZAP ZAP
I bought a thing. 2013 Fit Sport. It's really quite fun for 117hp and it has a surprising amount of room inside. Sold my Mustang but we still have a 135i so I think I'll survive.