Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!

PoptartsNinja posted:

What ice, good sir? That is clearly just very hard ground.

See? Clearly it's not ice at all, and those flakes falling from the sky are just very large and visible pollen!

Don't believe him, pilots, it's just treacherous ice algae making it look like grass!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

I am the culmination of all that is wrong with japan.
So Alien Space Spores? Are we going to be seeing Fungal Mechs?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Wind Tempest posted:

So Alien Space Spores? Are we going to be seeing Fungal Mechs?

In that case I hope Malachite Dragon paints his 'mech yellow.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Keru posted:

In that case I hope Malachite Dragon paints his 'mech yellow.

It's taking every bit of my willpower not to paint it like a Scottish tartan for reasons that only the IRC channel will understand.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Red Corsair forces.... So that would be the Davions, then?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Awww, I liked the blue map. :saddowns:

This should be interesting either way.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Oh yiss... :getin:

Also, have another Excel spreadsheet, that's been simplified a bit.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?cnsq217m8ch1bm5

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:stare: I had completely forgotten I was on the pilot list. I'm somewhere between :getin: and :cry:, but I'll make do!

Edit: And yes, I know my avatar is horrible. Someone in IRC took offense to me making a joke about my cats being 'tortured' with paper bags in response to ruining my furniture. Because cats hate bags, you see. Almost as much as they hate boxes. :rolleyes:

Congrats MD, the default config. of the Atlas II carries an LB-10X Autocannon.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PTN, what did Pepper do that she got put in a Wolf Trap? Do you ship TonyxWhitney forever?

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:stare: I had completely forgotten I was on the pilot list. I'm somewhere between :getin: and :cry:, but I'll make do!

Edit: And yes, I know my avatar is horrible. Someone in IRC took offense to me making a joke about my cats being 'tortured' with paper bags in response to ruining my furniture. Because cats hate bags, you see. Almost as much as they hate boxes. :rolleyes:

That's quite the av indeed :stare:

I'm guessing one of the secret objectives will be jury-rigging a new mech from debris on the field?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Defiance Industries posted:

PTN, what did Pepper do that she got put in a Wolf Trap? Do you ship TonyxWhitney forever?

I have no idea what you're talking about! It's not as though the Skye forces here are all piloting Kurita `Mechs or anything!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Hogarth’s Heroes
1) AS7-D-HGB Atlas II – “General” Thomas Hogarth (Malachite_Dragon)
2) AWS-XGB Awesome – Major Andrew Steiner (Helter Skelter)
3) BNC-3S Banshee – Sergeant Marshall “Vasquez” Hobbes (GhostStalker)
4) ZEU-XGB Zeus – Colonel Wilhelm Schultz (Holybat)

:iia:

Gotta love those little touches and coincidences.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Ix crossing the streams shooting all lasers/ppcs at the same target?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

bunnyofdoom posted:

I sure hope so.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Is Colonel Wilhelm Schultz a real guy from canon, or just a tip of the hat to Hogan's Heroes (since this is Hogarth's Heroes)?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

T.G. Xarbala posted:

:iia:

Gotta love those little touches and coincidences.

A banshee is a kind of ghost. :ssh:

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Cease to Hope posted:

Guess that makes her Slimer, then.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Zaodai posted:

Is Colonel Wilhelm Schultz a real guy from canon, or just a tip of the hat to Hogan's Heroes (since this is Hogarth's Heroes)?

The second thing.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Well, I suppose that will depend on whether or not everyone has PPCs.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Shout-outs are a Lyran tradition. There's an entire regiment (the 25th Arcturan) where every officer listed in FM:LA is from Die Hard.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

By Jove, you're right!

Also, clearly any stream-crossing should be saved up for when the culprit appears. You've only got the time and budget to film a single take, so you've only got one chance to nail the shot!

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Shout-outs are a Lyran tradition. There's an entire regiment (the 25th Arcturan) where every officer listed in FM:LA is from Die Hard.
I've always wanted to raise a merc unit and name them the Arcturan Mega Donkeys. Just because.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Cease to Hope posted:

Actually a banshee (bean sidhe) is a gaelic faerie :ssh: Their cries don't cause death, either, merely warn of it.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Welp, time for me to get a lot more active in the IRC channel. :ohdear:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Zurai posted:

Actually a banshee (bean sidhe) is a gaelic faerie :ssh: Their cries don't cause death, either, merely warn of it.

The cry of a Banshee-S certainly causes death. :colbert: And because its Lyran it does it wholesale.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

This is gonna be awesome. I completely lost it at MY HOME PLANET!

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

The cry of a Banshee-S certainly causes death. :colbert: And because its Lyran it does it wholesale.

If I dont get a defiance industries advertisement for ghost-busting equipment I'm going to be extremely disappointed in you :colbert:

Helter Skelter posted:

Welp, time for me to get a lot more active in the IRC channel. :ohdear:

Seriously, this is true for everyone. Get on SynIRC#megamek now.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Apr 19, 2013

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

PoptartsNinja posted:

I have no idea what you're talking about!

This, I assume.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

:stare: An Atlas II? I thought they all left with Kerensky.

Well don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Just remember guys, unlike the -7D Atlas, the Atlas II is a mid-ranger. An LRM-20, LB/X-10, 2 ERLLs mean you deal most of your damage at range.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

We should recall that these are all GhostBuster variants (except the Banshee) so the weapons loads may differ. I personally expect a PPC on the Zeus and Atlas II to make sure everyone can cross the streams, but that's just a guess.

Let's save the weapon analysis until we know what we're really dealing with, eh?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

MJ12 posted:

Well don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Just remember guys, unlike the -7D Atlas, the Atlas II is a mid-ranger. An LRM-20, LB/X-10, 2 ERLLs mean you deal most of your damage at range.

I'm not sure how much of a gift it is, it did go to me. Mid-range is not exactly my forte, I'm more of a melee man. I'll be asking a lot of advice from the IRC channel and from my teammates.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm not sure how much of a gift it is, it did go to me. Mid-range is not exactly my forte, I'm more of a melee man. I'll be asking a lot of advice from the IRC channel and from my teammates.

This atlas does not have 2x erll or an lb-10x. it has an Er ppc and a Gauss rifle. (I know this because a bonus is kill the boss with the ppc) so it is the actual long range variant.

The bog standard Atlas II is an all range mech and should close to take advantage of its armor against anything less than overwhelming numbers. 6 hexes is the sweet spot. +1 malus on the LRM 20, short range for the main guns, long range for the medium pulse which ignore thanks to -2 pulse and medium range on the srm 6.

This one is also comfortable but at 2 or 3 hexes for optimal carnage. 2 hexes is +1 malus on the GR but short on EVERYTHING else. 3 is medium range on the medium pulse but meh its pulse so counts as short. The only reason it is "long range" is because the gauss rifle and erppc do get some distance.

Oh hey, Atlas II is canon for Hogarth.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Apr 19, 2013

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Just be glad you didn't get the -K2. That's the one that Rudiger Steiner pilots as an intentional handicap (and he still takes down an Awesome and two Marauders solo). Two ER lasers, gauss and two SSRM-6s. You're not piloting that you've got something to be glad about.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Apr 19, 2013

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Just be glad you didn't get the -K2. That's the one that Rudiger Steiner pilots as an intentional handicap (and he still takes down an Awesome and two Marauders solo). Two ER lasers, gauss and two SSRM-6s. You're not piloting that you've got something to be glad about.

Could be worse you could be piloting the 7C complete with total waste of space extra ERLL and Single Heatsinks

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Guys, guys! This is Thomas Hogarth.

There's nothing he can't beat through judicious application of far more rotary autocannons then is truly sane or even really feasible. Besides, this wouldn't be an action movie if someone can't go full-auto.

The update should be tonight after I finish work, providing I can make it home safely (that shouldn't really be a problem but seriously it's April, STOP SNOWING! :argh: )

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Apr 19, 2013

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

There's nothing he can't beat through judicious application of far more rotary autocannons then is truly sane or even really feasible. Besides, this wouldn't be an action movie if someone can't go full-auto.

This is the best news. :neckbeard:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Time for an Experimental RAC/20!

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

PoptartsNinja posted:

The update should be tonight after I finish work, providing I can make it home safely (that shouldn't really be a problem but seriously it's April, STOP SNOWING! :argh: )

Ooooo, does this mean we're getting a new weapon to play with? And if so, does this mean another 'Mech Design contest in the near future? I love those! :D

(Also, I know how you feel PTN. NATUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE! :argh:)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Gwaihir posted:

Time for an Experimental RAC/20!

You used the singular there. I'm not sure that's right. :v:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I don't want to ruin the surprise, but I will say that Hogarth has enough ammunition for nearly twelve turns of fully automatic fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

2 prototype RAC/2s and 3 tons of ammo is my guess.

• Locked thread