Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Shindragon posted:

Saitama really doesn't give a poo poo at all. It's so great. Also Geno. Hahah he really looks up to Saitama. That action panel of him furiously writing down the quote had me in stitches. I thought I would get tired of Saitama one punching poo poo but it hasn't gotten old.

How long has this manga have been going?

I hope it never stops.

ONE's version began in July of 2009, while Murata's take began in June of last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Shindragon posted:

How long has this manga have been going?

I hope it never stops.

We're about 1/4 of the way to catching up.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

:sbahj:

I loved Saitama's attitude. "I'll keep saving you whether you assholes like it or not"

Also I love how danger levels don't even register with him.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Its not like anyone can STOP him from "saving" them.
Saitama is an indifferent god, making this series a real treat due to its uniqueness.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Thinking about it, it's really funny to me that that random office worker guy who got inspired by Saitama a while back (or really, any of the random people in those groups) is considered a superior hero to Tank Top Tiger.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.
That makes me wonder. Was that guy asked to join the Miss Blizzard group after he'd become B rank or before? Tank Top Black Hole tried to frame Saitama for doing it, so I wonder if lower rank heroes can team up with higher rank heroes to get easy points to climb the ladder.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

onepixeljumpman posted:

I wonder if lower rank heroes can team up with higher rank heroes to get easy points to climb the ladder.

That's pretty much exactly what Fubuki/Blizzard's gang is about. They've got the numbers advantage, and Fubuki herself is at least mid to high A rank level, she just stays at the top of B rank because reasons.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Joining in on the thread now that I'm all read up. One Punch Man is amazing, I've laughed so much, haha.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I read through this entire goddamn series in one day and I loved it. I want to be like Saitama when I grow up.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waffleman_ posted:

I read through this entire goddamn series in one day and I loved it. I want to be like Saitama when I grow up.

That's the good thing about Saitama - anyone can be like him. Just follow his training regime for three years:

(a) 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats and 10 km running, every single day;

(b) you have to eat three meals a day, but in the morning, a banana should be enough;

(c) never use your air-conditioner, whether in winter or in summer; and

(d) never, ever take a single day off.

If you are completely bald at the end of the three years, you know you've succeeded.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 16, 2013

coathat
May 21, 2007

New manga from ONE. http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/makai-no-ossan-r8850

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Maybe I'm just being shallow and reacting to the art, but I think Atashin'chi and other manga like it did the premise better. Outside of the whole demon bit, of course.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Raw for chapter 28 is up.

Genos with some built-in dish-drying functionality. He looks so pleased with himself.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Sarcophallus posted:

Genos with some built-in dish-drying functionality. He looks so pleased with himself.

Kind of a short looking chapter. Glad we've immediately gone to Saitama versus Cthulhu.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Yeah, Murata seems to be taking it easy after his monster color chapter. I think it's a good thing, since the current chapter is just setup. He's probably gathering eldritch power into his pens and markers, and the climax to this arc will be over 100 pages that are downloaded directly into your brain via neural interface.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Sarcophallus posted:

So Saitama has a super powered cyborg buddy, and he uses him as if he were Rosie the Robot. Nice.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I'm pretty sure it's just that Saitama doesn't bother washing the dishes until they pile up enough to become a mysterious being, so Genos jumps on the opportunity to do his duty as the faithful disciple.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

AnonSpore posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just that Saitama doesn't bother washing the dishes until they pile up enough to become a mysterious being, so Genos jumps on the opportunity to do his duty as the faithful disciple.

Plus Saitama with a scouring pad sounds like a recipe for a LOT of ruined pans.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And the translation is up I can't found credits anywhere but it seems pretty good.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And the translation is up I can't found credits anywhere but it seems pretty good.

It's probably Boon -- he doesn't include a credits page on his scanlation work. That's another place to read it, for those who can't read at Mangafox.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Get it from Boon's site or read it at Batoto once it's up there..

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Oh man that's a "Oh it's on!" face on the last page!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
It's up on Batoto

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Ak Gara posted:

Oh man that's a "Oh it's on!" face on the last page!

drat, I'm excited to see how fast Saitama can run.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

PaganGoatPants posted:

As fast as he wants.

Pringleton
Jul 21, 2008

PaganGoatPants posted:

As fast as Murata draws well.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

PaganGoatPants posted:

He's gonna take the train, I'm sure.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
He's going to go to the train station, realize he can't afford it, and then run.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Sindai posted:

He's going to go to the train station, realize he can't afford it, and then run.
And there will be two page spreads of him outrunning a bullet train. :allears:

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
I love that Saitama can barely recall punching a fifty-foot-tall sea monster to death. It's nice that something like that is so stupidly mundane to him that he doesn't even need to think about it.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Pringleton posted:

As fast as Murata draws well.

It will be a whole chapter of Saitama just running in high quality animation mangá!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

According to Murata's twitter tomorrow's chapter is going to be a little short. The reason for this is because he's going for 100 pages in the chapter after it. Seriously. The man is insane, hahaha.

Good_Haro
Mar 14, 2009

Noted shitposter.

AnonSpore posted:

According to Murata's twitter tomorrow's chapter is going to be a little short. The reason for this is because he's going for 100 pages in the chapter after it. Seriously. The man is insane, hahaha.

I had a feeling he wasn't going to be able to resist after he made that joke about it on Twitter a few weeks ago....

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

AnonSpore posted:

All hail the God of Comics. :stare:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

Mmm yesss.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
100 pages of quality and quantity. Someone please build a shrine and worship him. :stare:

coathat
May 21, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

All hail the God of Comics. :stare:

This is a odd place to bring up Tezuka, but yes he is the best.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Anyone want to take bets on all 100 pages basically being a flip-book of Saitama punching those Cthulhu things to death in one hit?

JimmyT64
Oct 27, 2007
I'm Special!
Counter-point - 99 pages of Genos having a super-detailed, transforming mega-fight with them.

One page of Saitama punching them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

JimmyT64 posted:

Counter-point - 99 pages of Genos cleaning the apartment.

Fixed that for you.