Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

MrTheDevious posted:

HAHAHAHAHA gently caress YOU MAGES. FINALLY. Get some, you dirty pieces of poo poo. Come back to my world where tanking stuff is a challenge.

You guys on Live get ready, Test jut got hit with a MASSIVE pet nerf :woop:

Each nerf just means every other class is one step closer to getting whatever cool gimmick they have nerfed. Can't wait to see what the new target is for the majority of petty whining on the EQ boards.

The337th fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Apr 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
The pet changes are silly and don't fix the actual problem at all. Tanks need to be buffed and it would be much easier to just give them an AA line that adds a substantial HP/AC boost. That in turn would benefit every single player in the game with more groups, easier exp/gearing, better tanks for raids etc. Who cares if the game becomes easier. There is a reason HoT is still thriving and RoF is populated while UF and VoA were and still are dead.

People say they want a challenge, but they really mean I want to be able to handle it and no one else to be able to.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
A couple of nice quality of life changes since I last played in POK acting like the Baz and GL now and not ticking down your buffs and also being able to see your threat %age in the multi-target window which will help no end with timing your damage etc, it was always a black art beforehand.

Level 50 get! Will do Griegs to 55ish and then move to the Roost methinks.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
RoF is tough but challenging and perfectly tankable for the most part though? :confused:

Kodaji and my boxes have done pretty much every named in xorbb that isn't named Xolok and a chunk in other T2 zones so most of them can't be hard at all with real live people.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Real life has been smoking me the past few weeks, drat.

I'll probably be on a bit more if for nothing else than getting my SK to 100.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Stanos posted:

RoF is tough but challenging and perfectly tankable for the most part though? :confused:

Kodaji and my boxes have done pretty much every named in xorbb that isn't named Xolok and a chunk in other T2 zones so most of them can't be hard at all with real live people.

We're still pet tanking BD raid, so the nerf wasn't that bad anyway. According to most of the server, it's not even noticeable unless you're at EM16+. PC tanks were in a fine spot at 100 already, but the new AAs they just added in did a fantastic job putting us far, far ahead of pets again. Even in the new T3 zones, RoF is perfectly fine to tank. I bitched a lot at 96 because tanking WAS almost impossible then, but at 100 it ain't no thang to tank any group mob in the game aside from Xolok and others that aren't meant to be tanked in the first place. Knights are in a drat good place right now.

Speaking of T3, the zones are fun as hell and you need to come play again Slow. I moloed a named in Chelsith just to see if I could and it was dirt easy with the new AA. T3 gear is pretty drat underwhelming though :(

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
T3 is up already??? That's why I was playing league instead, waiting on that.

If anything, I can come be underwhelmed by the augs and find something else to crash zones. :v:

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Yeah went live on Test Friday afternoon. Chelsith rules rear end and Shadows is evil as gently caress. Mazik and I are working on the partisan line in Chelsith atm if you wanna log in and join

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Test-fix of ZlizUI is up here:

http://www.2shared.com/file/v8oJpuzd/EQ-ZlizUI.html

It was mostly the "Escapable" tag that was added to several files, plus a few extra buttons and such. I made the Tribute window non-escapable; a feature I had been missing. Furthermore, I took the time to clean up the Animations.xml file, but everything should be in order.

MrTheDevious posted:

Yeah went live on Test Friday afternoon. Chelsith rules rear end and Shadows is evil as gently caress. Mazik and I are working on the partisan line in Chelsith atm if you wanna log in and join
Any news on the stuff I asked for in PM? :)

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Yah I sent it days ago, did you not get it?

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

MrTheDevious posted:

Yah I sent it days ago, did you not get it?
Nope. I'll PM you again.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Fazana posted:

Level 50 get! Will do Griegs to 55ish and then move to the Roost methinks

If one dude is pulling all of griegs or roost is too crowded- nadox is good until 60, the luggalds in the incubator room

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Anybody 96+ go to Chelsith asap. The arena has a 15 min spawn that's a named 50% of the time and the named always drops a T3 tunic + 3 other loots. It's gonna get nerfed fast but until then, you can deck your boxes out easy. We've gotten 5 tunics in 2 hours

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

MrTheDevious posted:

Anybody 96+ go to Chelsith asap. The arena has a 15 min spawn that's a named 50% of the time and the named always drops a T3 tunic + 3 other loots. It's gonna get nerfed fast but until then, you can deck your boxes out easy. We've gotten 5 tunics in 2 hours

But does it drop anything good?

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

No More Heroes posted:

If one dude is pulling all of griegs or roost is too crowded- nadox is good until 60, the luggalds in the incubator room

Griegs has been quiet all day, I ended up doing 50-62 here after trying the Roost and getting fed up of the higher level zillion hp cats roaming around. I went to the Hole and roamed the tunnels to get to 65 and knocked out a few AA. I ended my playtime today at 65 with about 50aa.

Worst lazy xp'ing I've ever seen was going on in there as well, everyone knows about the 2 fast spawning gargs at the bottom but as they were of course camped someone desperate for afk xp had parked 2 PC's and 2 mercs at the 2 gargoyle spawn at the rocks about 100 yards up the tunnel. They are on the typical 20+ minute spawn timers...

Necrotalk advises doing the bare minimum AA (pretty much just run speed, mana saving and dot crit aa's) and levelling asap to 85 where the real goodies are. I'm not sure if I want to do that but admit a big chunk of that reluctance is not levelling a caster up to any serious level before so the stuff I knew from a zerker and SK etc are invalid. I need to learn how to kite, from what I've read so far (and I need to give necrotalk a long read instead of the quick browse so far) apparently going to Icefall will help with that. Shame the hotzones are junk, or at least they are from what I remember from a melee pov, perhaps they are better for casters.

I have 150 dream motes saved up for the 80 gear and will keep an eye out for the 80 visibles in the baz as I presume people still xp etc in the HoT areas from comments I've seen in general. I'm mostly welfaring it until then with defiant etc.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

jetz0r posted:

But does it drop anything good?

Nice caster 2her, T3 helm, and a lovely face piece and lovely neck piece are all we've seen so far aside from the tunic off of him

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Working on SoD progress and I am at the Field of Scale area. For the task 'Lost and Found' from Jaled`Dar, it says the following on Allakhazam:

quote:

This is a shared task which begins with Jaled`Dar in the Field of Scale. He is found among the dragons due south of the Void portal.

In order to get Jaled`Dar to speak with you, you have to complete four out of the following eight tasks (task details are linked on the left, under "Related Quests"):

- "Drake Scourge"
- "Food Supplies"
- "Grand Illusion"
- "Raising Cabilis"
- "Sarnak Recovery (Sokokar)"
- "Sarnak Recovery (Burynai)"
- "Sarnak Recovery (Kurn)"
- "Supplies"

Looking at my /ach window, I see the following tasks complete:

"Sealed Message: Raising Cabilis"
"Sealed Message: Sarnak Recovery (Kurn)"
"Severilous: Food Supplies"
"Trakanon: Supplies"

By my count, this is four of the above eight tasks, yet Jaled`Dar does not give me the quest. Anyone have any ideas?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Do the other Sarnak Recovery, cause Alla's wrong. We did that a month or so ago to open up the Kaesora instance for swarming and we def had to do all of the recovery quests

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
My Bard/Druid/Shadow Knight team just hit 85. The Test bazaar is as anaemic as ever, so if anyone has any level appropriate gear to copy I could use the upgrade. I need to find a new levelling spot soon and no matter where I go the mobs are going to be a lot tougher than what I am used to, so gear will be key.

There is a fair amount of Rustic in the guild bank, but I do not have access. If anybody can pass some to me from there, that would also be grand.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

LoB just took down Dagarn. Test server officially raiding current content :woop: Ventrilo went balls to the wall apeshit when he fell over dead. I forgot how drat fun raiding was.

We're now recruiting if people want in: clandarkpaw.forumotion.com 95/2kAA min unless you're a healer!

Akiosan
May 21, 2005

We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country.

JustJeff88 posted:

My Bard/Druid/Shadow Knight team just hit 85. The Test bazaar is as anaemic as ever, so if anyone has any level appropriate gear to copy I could use the upgrade. I need to find a new levelling spot soon and no matter where I go the mobs are going to be a lot tougher than what I am used to, so gear will be key.

There is a fair amount of Rustic in the guild bank, but I do not have access. If anybody can pass some to me from there, that would also be grand.

I know you already asked me this but I forgot I had the same issues at the time and do have a few leftover things I did not use. I know for sure I can get you two sets of the rustic plate templates. I should have some wraps left over too. I will send all I have to Tingal as I don't know your teams' names.

EDIT: Sent a bunch of wraps and templates. If you can't find another legs or chest plate template I can copy some over from live.

Akiosan fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Apr 15, 2013

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

MrTheDevious posted:

LoB just took down Dagarn. Test server officially raiding current content :woop: Ventrilo went balls to the wall apeshit when he fell over dead. I forgot how drat fun raiding was.

We're now recruiting if people want in: clandarkpaw.forumotion.com 95/2kAA min unless you're a healer!

I would actually go for that if I could ever get any exp. I would really like to see some of this content.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Apart from the +8% dodge augment, are there any other type 3 LDON augments that are worth getting? I have an empty type 3 augment slot that I'd like to fill, and this seems like the easiest way to do so.

MrTheDevious posted:

Do the other Sarnak Recovery, cause Alla's wrong. We did that a month or so ago to open up the Kaesora instance for swarming and we def had to do all of the recovery quests

Thanks for the clarification. Is there any better walkthrough than Alla and/or is it wrong anywhere else that you know of?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Sand Monster posted:

Apart from the +8% dodge augment, are there any other type 3 LDON augments that are worth getting? I have an empty type 3 augment slot that I'd like to fill, and this seems like the easiest way to do so.

Thanks for the clarification. Is there any better walkthrough than Alla and/or is it wrong anywhere else that you know of?

The backups of Rasper's guides for the older expansions are decent.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

The backups of Rasper's guides for the older expansions are decent.

They're good, but man, after Riou and Rorce came up with EQ resource and has guides that show you where on the map visually a named spawns, or where to go for a quest, it makes all other guides so hard to read.

See you tomorrow by the way, I hope!

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Sand Monster posted:

Apart from the +8% dodge augment, are there any other type 3 LDON augments that are worth getting? I have an empty type 3 augment slot that I'd like to fill, and this seems like the easiest way to do so

High end raider dudes like the +15% specialization magic school augs. It used to be limited to the high end guys because they are ldon raid drops, which are soloable now.

like so http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=25839

Or if you are a sword and board class- the Bash mod augs from Zeb in the Void come in different strengths and stack

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Those 15% spec augs from LDoN are amazing for anyone, raider or not. They also drop extremely commonly. I got my necro the alteration one first run and had a 2nd copy drop, then picked up conj the first run as well. Out of 4 or 5 people, I only know of one person running one raid where it didn't drop.

DO keep in mind, though, that they're raid augs, not group augs. They only fit into raid gear, so if you're in full group gear, tough poo poo. You can fit ONE of them into necro 2.0 (alteration, don't be dumb) but for everyone else you need raid gear to use em. We parsed them the other night and they are extremely significant mana savings over time

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

No More Heroes posted:

High end raider dudes like the +15% specialization magic school augs. It used to be limited to the high end guys because they are ldon raid drops, which are soloable now.

like so http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=25839

Or if you are a sword and board class- the Bash mod augs from Zeb in the Void come in different strengths and stack

The LDoN specialization aug aren't type 3s, they're type 8s. Which is the raid version of group gear's slot 7. So while they're really good for people with specialization skills (sorry hybrids), group geared players can't use them at all with a piece of raid gear.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

jetz0r posted:

The LDoN specialization aug aren't type 3s, they're type 8s. Which is the raid version of group gear's slot 7. So while they're really good for people with specialization skills (sorry hybrids), group geared players can't use them at all with a piece of raid gear.

Yo I already said that in the post directly above yours :bigtran:

Agrocrag
Oct 22, 2004

True love at last
I played this game back in 98 and got a necro and SK to like mid 50s. Would I have fun with this just playing solo with a necro?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yes. Necro + SK is pretty fun too!

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

No More Heroes posted:

He has several selections of those skill mod augs depending on class. Basically any melee or hybrid has an aug type for a combat skill they use.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

MrTheDevious posted:

Yo I already said that in the post directly above yours :bigtran:

I tend to leave posts open for a while before hitting submit.
Also, giving no fucks.

Slagwag
Oct 27, 2010

"I am not a nugget!"
ok EQ I'm back! Wizard time!

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Couple more days for me. One lit review and a grant proposal for Bacteriology and a Biochem final are all that remain.

I saw some mention if another guild recently. Did people leave Roost?

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Carl Seitan posted:

Couple more days for me. One lit review and a grant proposal for Bacteriology and a Biochem final are all that remain.

I saw some mention if another guild recently. Did people leave Roost?
I think one (maybe a few more?) went for some raiding fun.

I've personally rolled two fresh characters in AB. I love the goons on Test, but I was looking for something fresh, and starting over completely on a "non-cheating" server was the ticket for me. I love working my way up, and I'm levelling in classic zones such as Steamfont, Unrest, Mistmoore and even South Karana yesterday. It was so awesome to stroll around the whole zone, going from lvl 25-30. Seriously, if you're bored with EQ, force yourself to level off the beaten path and you will have fun.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Think just Kodaji left for the raiding guild.

Dermiknight, I was afk leveling swimming all day so I just got your tell. You should be all set now.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Yah I'm the only one who left, though my alts are still in so I'm still in guild chat all the time. The goonrush population dwindled but we actually retained a group or two worth of goons who're still playing daily, which is better than any previous goon rush!

There's also Illa and I think one other goon on Xegony, a few on Luclin, Zliz on AB, and I think one or two on Povar? if you don't want to play on Test. The one thing Test doesn't really have these days is pickup groups that don't originate from your guild. I doubt more than one or two groups per night form via General chat, but guild groups happen constantly because people only want to box when the alternative is getting stuck with shitlords you don't know from general chat

reikazen
Mar 10, 2009
After alot of thought I have started to play again and I am leveling a Beastlord on Firiona Vie.Its not that busy here on this server but its not dead ether!

If anyone knows any good guilds on this server send a message to Reikazan , I am always willing to chat and help people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
Could the Test guild benefit from an actual Bard or does everyone just bot one? I'm trying to figure out what character I want to play between my bard and ranger.