Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lancer is pretty simple to play yet I'm enjoying it. The game isn't that grindy either, one of the faster levelling in MMOs I've seen to date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Even declared as an outlaw you cannot pvp where a vanarch has disabled pvp ... this is THE SINGLE worst design i've ever seen in the history of MMO ... on a pvp server a VANARCH can disable pvp for the zone ... OMFG seriously!

Dragongod Knightkings ... and Crowd the vanarch of arcadia worst guild and GM in the history of MMO. Signed about 10,000 players on Mount Tyrannas ... go play on a weenie server if you wanna pve.

Dragongod Knightkings are just a bunch of BR trolls that are laughing at you for complain. It's how they got off

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Not grindy at all I've had to abandon quests because I was gradually outleveling the zone.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

megalodong posted:

Even declared as an outlaw you cannot pvp where a vanarch has disabled pvp ... this is THE SINGLE worst design i've ever seen in the history of MMO ... on a pvp server a VANARCH can disable pvp for the zone ... OMFG seriously!

Dragongod Knightkings ... and Crowd the vanarch of arcadia worst guild and GM in the history of MMO. Signed about 10,000 players on Mount Tyrannas ... go play on a weenie server if you wanna pve.

Dragongod Knightkings are just a bunch of BR trolls that are laughing at you for complain. It's how they got off

I love it that turning off PvP is probably what gets us first place in the anarchy votes without any allies and griefs the hell out of the server. It's win-win. Don't know why other guilds aren't trying it.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Probably it only works around lumbertown. Because most higher levels probably want pvp around the other areas and wouldn't vote if we tried to pull no PVP anywhere else.

Honey Badger
Jan 5, 2012

^^^ Like this, but its your mouth, and shit comes out of it.

"edit: Oh neat, babby's first avatar. Kind of a convoluted metaphor but eh..."

No, shit is actually extruding out of your mouth, and your'e a pathetic dick, shut the fuck up.
I don't get what's going on with the server drama. What server should I join if I want to play with goons, doing both PvE and eventually PvP?

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Honey Badger posted:

I don't get what's going on with the server drama. What server should I join if I want to play with goons, doing both PvE and eventually PvP?

US-Mount Tyrannas is the only server to join. There isn't an active goon guild anywhere else.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Anyone who's bought one of the pets, how well do they work? Are they slow to pick up multiple piles? Do they magically vac it up all at once? Do they glitch out or anything?

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well
Applied as Handsome.Ben, lancer. Is there anything in the cash shop I can grab to get some gold? All my stuff is on the PvE server.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

HandsomeBen posted:

Applied as Handsome.Ben, lancer. Is there anything in the cash shop I can grab to get some gold? All my stuff is on the PvE server.

You can transfer from PVE to PVP now (some limits apply)

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

KaneTW posted:

You can transfer from PVE to PVP now (some limits apply)
Oh nice, I have a 27 Lancer I'll be moving then.

Edit: Or not. You have to be at least level 40. Guess I have a goal for this weekend.

HandsomeBen fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 21, 2013

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

HandsomeBen posted:

Oh nice, I have a 27 Lancer I'll be moving then.

Edit: Or not. You have to be at least level 40. Guess I have a goal for this weekend.

You can do it at 20, the page says 40 but if you click it it'll say 20.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Anyone who's bought one of the pets, how well do they work? Are they slow to pick up multiple piles? Do they magically vac it up all at once? Do they glitch out or anything?

Someone was soloing near me earlier and had one of the spinner things, and it was constantly zipping around trying to pick up anything as soon as it dropped. It was piece by piece but the range seemed around 20~ or so.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Well now, I'm level 24 and I've already been e-stalked by 3 people (added to their friends list and everything, presumably so they can follow me wherever I go). All because I joined a guild 12 hours ago that turned off PvP in a newbie zone.

The QQ about it is absurd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8vLnlrLZRA

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

Thievery posted:

You can do it at 20, the page says 40 but if you click it it'll say 20.
It keeps telling me he doesn't meet the minimum level requirements.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

HandsomeBen posted:

It keeps telling me he doesn't meet the minimum level requirements.

Weird I did it myself a month or two ago. Either they changed it back or it's not the level requirement that's stopping you (if you have mail or stuff this also stops it).

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

I've been looking to get back into this game. Can anyone recommend a class that can be played somewhat effectively without having to manage a ton of skills and combos? I like these types of games but tend to get uncoordinated when I have to manage too many hotkeys.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I got a little bit of tears.

Aaaand then there's this guy, who apparently thinks he's in the Crimson Knights.

If he had even the most minor of observation skills, he'd realise that I was standing right in front of him, L25 and in DGKK, but whatever.

After that he started talking about pushing manbabies out of his butthole with someone else and I logged out.

On the other hand, I did find this in my screenshot folder.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Hey, so I don't really know what I'm doing all the time (still really low, like, level 9) but is there a class that is similar to a rogue? I'll be able to play this game like 1-2 hours a week and I just want a solo class that kills things hard. I made a warrior and it's... ok. But I don't feel like I'm doing a lot of damage and looking at the up coming abilities I'll be getting it looks like I won't be getting an active attack skill for a while. I mean, Warriors look pretty boss once I get all those teleporting-ninja-stuns or whatever but that's far, far away.
How are 'zerkers and Slayers?

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Slayer is probably closer to the solo experience you want, they're probably the best 1v1 solo class in the game without taking forever to do it or dying in one hit. Zerkers are pretty great, but they lack real stuns or mobility for a lot of 1v1 stuff to go quickly.

e: Slayer doesn't really pick up until you get overhand at 16~ or so and then glyphs that let you reset it on chance, becomes really fun once you hit that point. Attack speed is also huge on them once you get weapons with enchants, but worry about that later (like 28).

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

WanderingKid posted:

Well now, I'm level 24 and I've already been e-stalked by 3 people (added to their friends list and everything, presumably so they can follow me wherever I go). All because I joined a guild 12 hours ago that turned off PvP in a newbie zone.

The QQ about it is absurd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8vLnlrLZRA

Was that got.milk guy trying to monster kill you?

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Just a heads up if it hasn't been posted, but since the last maintenance there's been ping issues for a good chunk of EU servers on and off; I'd assume they messed something up during maintenance and it'll likely be fixed during the next one, but I haven't seen any official posts about it.

Meanwhile:

"TERA.txt posted:

Original Poster makes an appeal to Bluehole and En Masse from this true pvp'er ...

Dear Bluehole and En Masse Entertainment

Please PLEASE remove the game mechanic that allows a single player to grief an entire community by disabling pvp in a province ON A PVP SERVER!

We had our choice to roll characters on a pve server or a pvp server and WE chose pvp ... we should not be penalized like this period. Remove this game mechanic or add an easy to exercise impeachment process ... this particular group of players ... just keeps reinventing themselves under different guild names ... and purchases votes from new unsuspecting players ... and keeps getting reelected and griefs the community over and over again.

We the PvP community at large begs you Bluehole and En Masse Entertainment - Only you the developers of TERA can restore our faith and save this game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

quote:

this particular group of players ... just keeps reinventing themselves under different guild names ...

Wait, what? Also doesn't En Masse's vanarchy guide specifically say that buying votes is a valid tactic?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
The weak man tends to the fields, farming his daily bread in agony. The REAL man whines and bitches about established in-game features for the betterment of his murder points. Think of the REAL man. Think of that family of armor that he stands up for in all his altruism and generosity. Which man would YOU rather be?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Which one of those is the man who rolls a ten year old girl character?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What's the guild like for alts? I just rolled a Mystic to level up with a buddy. Is there a one per account limit or anything for the guild?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

kirbysuperstar posted:

Which one of those is the man who rolls a ten year old girl character?

They're really hundreds of years old you know

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

killstealing posted:

They're really hundreds of years old you know

Its funny how its always the older they are the younger they look. Reminds me of something I read. http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=040813

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
So, I tried my hand at the contest they are running right now, but I'm a bit scared of posting the result here. :ohdear:

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

Do you allow non SA friends to join? I've been playing with an old WoW guildie but he's not a Goon.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Eigo posted:

Just a heads up if it hasn't been posted, but since the last maintenance there's been ping issues for a good chunk of EU servers on and off; I'd assume they messed something up during maintenance and it'll likely be fixed during the next one, but I haven't seen any official posts about it.

I've been have pretty horrific ping issues on the US server. I'm from Europe, so I put it down to that, but today in a few instances all of us were getting spikes ;/

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

HandsomeBen posted:

Do you allow non SA friends to join? I've been playing with an old WoW guildie but he's not a Goon.

Yeah.

E: servers are probably just taking a poop so lag can occur. It happens, no idea why.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Roid666 posted:

I've been have pretty horrific ping issues on the US server. I'm from Europe, so I put it down to that, but today in a few instances all of us were getting spikes ;/

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/Ping-issue-for-Russian-players?page=1
http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/The-server-is-lagging
So yeah, recent. We have quite a few long time EU players who've never had any real issues before this week.

Ample
Dec 26, 2007
So with the purposed buffs to priests in the upcoming alliance patch, will that now make them the preferred healing class over mystics? From what I can tell their mana regen will now be on par with what mystics give and they are getting stronger debuffs and group buffs. Ie. energy star being equivalent to the damage output of the crit aura.

Ample fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 21, 2013

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
Bored of just about everything else so I'm giving this a shot.

In as Shrugga the weird fat dog thing Lancer.

QuintessenceX
Aug 11, 2006
We are reasons so unreal
Is there a substantial difference in quality between Lancer tanking and Warrior tanking? I know that the play style is different but I was wondering if they were "equal" as far as being able to tank or if one was considered pretty much better than the other.

Pooptimus Prime
Jun 12, 2005

Need I remind you!? The foolish receive no mercy...
I think I'm going to give up on my MT lancer until the lag situation gets better - I just don't feel okay asking parties to rely on me when my blocking may or may not even happen (regardless of my mashing the block key and internally screaming PUT YOUR SHIELD UP YOU BIG DUMB ELF) depending on how pissed the server is at me on any given day. I'll pull him out of the guild later tonight so as not to waste space.

That said, most of my lag tends to happen either with charge-and-move skills (so archer/zerker) or really close melee combat, so I'm thinking of rerolling either a sorc or priest (or both, maybe?). Is DGKK in any particular need of one over the other?

I've also got a friend rolling on MT with me after seeing the QQ threads on the forums, she decided she wanted to make a char on MT to vote for you guys and - if possible - join to help me farm policy points to further the cause. Is this okay, and do you have any level requirement for non-goons?

Basically I'm super mad/jealous about missing all the fun because I happened to pick the class that possibly most suffers when it's laggy. I'm giving up on waiting for it to fix itself.

ETA: Booted my lancer so his fat butt isn't clogging up the guild roster anymore.

Pooptimus Prime fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 22, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yeah, that's fine and no we don't have any level requirements (but low-levels get kicked first when they become inactive)

Pooptimus Prime
Jun 12, 2005

Need I remind you!? The foolish receive no mercy...

KaneTW posted:

Yeah, that's fine and no we don't have any level requirements (but low-levels get kicked first when they become inactive)

I'll warn her of that. What should she put in guild application? Just that she's my level partner?

ETA: Sent in application as Fenimore

Pooptimus Prime fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Pooptimus Prime posted:

I think I'm going to give up on my MT lancer until the lag situation gets better - I just don't feel okay asking parties to rely on me when my blocking may or may not even happen (regardless of my mashing the block key and internally screaming PUT YOUR SHIELD UP YOU BIG DUMB ELF) depending on how pissed the server is at me on any given day. I'll pull him out of the guild later tonight so as not to waste space.

That said, most of my lag tends to happen either with charge-and-move skills (so archer/zerker) or really close melee combat, so I'm thinking of rerolling either a sorc or priest (or both, maybe?). Is DGKK in any particular need of one over the other?

I've also got a friend rolling on MT with me after seeing the QQ threads on the forums, she decided she wanted to make a char on MT to vote for you guys and - if possible - join to help me farm policy points to further the cause. Is this okay, and do you have any level requirement for non-goons?

Basically I'm super mad/jealous about missing all the fun because I happened to pick the class that possibly most suffers when it's laggy. I'm giving up on waiting for it to fix itself.

ETA: Booted Delques so his fat butt isn't clogging up the guild roster anymore.

One thing my friend is always telling me about sorcerer is teleport jaunt will rubber band you back and kill you when you lag. Priests don't have many charge up skills or any teleport skills so theres really nothing to worry about when you lag.

• Locked thread