Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

Raenir Salazar posted:

Okay, quick question for anyone who is light weight enough to actually try it or knows people who do, but is the way Kazuya sits on his chair actually at all comfortable?

It isn't bad. I sit in all kinds of crazy positions when I'm at my desk at home. That isn't usually one of them, but it's not uncomfortable, provided you have your chair locked to not lean backwards.

As far as the episode goes, it was a good character episode. I hope Nitta's brother stops being a hikki and goes outside.
I loved Mutta's hair in the episode 52 preview. That it kept that shape after Mutta pulled the hat off was pretty hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
That is exactly how my brother sits at the computer.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The next episode preview gave me final episode vibes.

I hope I'm wrong :ohdear:

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Mikl posted:

The next episode preview gave me final episode vibes.

I hope I'm wrong :ohdear:

You are, they confirmed a while back that it was going to continue. Pretty sure next week is just a recap episode.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

The Black Stones posted:

You are, they confirmed a while back that it was going to continue. Pretty sure next week is just a recap episode.

Yeah recap episode with new OP and ED!

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Tyberius posted:

Yeah recap episode with new OP and ED!

Yep, next week is more of the same too! Maybe we will get new episodes after that? Maybe hopefully.

There's also a timechange so it's on Crunchyroll Saturday AM now instead of PM (at least for me).

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I really, really like the new ending.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
If there's one thing this series needed, it was to slow down so that people can get caught up with all of its fast paced action.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I haven't seen the new ED yet, but I thought they missed a trick by not licensing Tonight, Tonight by the Smashing Pumpkins for the last one. :(

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Chas McGill posted:

I haven't seen the new ED yet, but I thought they missed a trick by not licensing Tonight, Tonight by the Smashing Pumpkins for the last one. :(

The Smashing Pumpkins actually just recreated an old French film called "Le Voyage dans la Lune" which was really a story by Jules Verne called "From the Earth to the Moon" for the "Tonight, Tonight" video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JDaOOw0MEE

Enjoy the random/useless trivia!

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

KNITS MY FEEDS posted:

The Smashing Pumpkins actually just recreated an old French film called "Le Voyage dans la Lune" which was really a story by Jules Verne called "From the Earth to the Moon" for the "Tonight, Tonight" video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JDaOOw0MEE

Enjoy the random/useless trivia!
Yep, I knew that they both referenced it. Having the music that I associate with the visuals would have been perfect though, even if it was just a cover in Japanese. The soaring chorus would fit so well with the themes in Space Bros.

edit: Here's the Pumpkins video if anyone hasn't seen it.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Three recap-episodes in a row? That must be a new record.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
OH MY GOD CAN WE GET BACK TO THE loving DESERT ALREADY PLEASE OKAY THANK YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Just watch, they are going to try to break Wolf Rain's record.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Chas McGill posted:

Yep, I knew that they both referenced it. Having the music that I associate with the visuals would have been perfect though, even if it was just a cover in Japanese. The soaring chorus would fit so well with the themes in Space Bros.

edit: Here's the Pumpkins video if anyone hasn't seen it.

There should be an AMV or a reverse AMV with the 4th OP and this song.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I'm waiting for Space Brothers Kai myself.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
I'd almost forgotten what a recap episode was. Thanks for the reminder Space Bros!

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

A THIRD recap episode.. SERIOUSLY?

At least the preview for 55 looks like we're back to regular episodes.

vvvv Edit: Yeah, that and I imagine the change in timeslot had an effect.

Amstrad fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 20, 2013

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Since the show's run was extended from what they had originally planned I'm guessing they needed a few weeks breathing room.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Trying to catch up with this now; which #s are the recaps?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

OddObserver posted:

Trying to catch up with this now; which #s are the recaps?

The current episode and the last two so 53, 54 and 55.

VVVV As I was typing that a brief flicker of doubt crossed my mind but I completely forgot to open up CR and check. :v:

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 21, 2013

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Sakurazuka posted:

The current episode and the last two so 53, 54 and 55.

The current episode is 54, actually. 52, 53, and 54 are the recap episodes.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Why not do what they did with Girls Und Panzer, and put in a hiatus, and basically say "look guys, I want to make sure the ending is good, so we're taking a break."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Worst of all, there was no space picture at the end of this episode!

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Falken posted:

Why not do what they did with Girls Und Panzer, and put in a hiatus, and basically say "look guys, I want to make sure the ending is good, so we're taking a break."

I assume it's to try and give anybody who's just catching it at the new timeslot now a chance to get into it without being totally lost.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I just started watching this show and am on episode 4. I can't believe how awesome and uplifting it is. I feel so moon.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Mr. Fowl posted:

Worst of all, there was no space picture at the end of this episode!

Was there ever really a space picture there?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

That was the lamest fistbump ever. I never thought I would be so underwhelmed by a fistbump.

Also, no "space" photo this week. I guess they gave up after all.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Rexides posted:

That was the lamest fistbump ever. I never thought I would be so underwhelmed by a fistbump.

Also, no "space" photo this week. I guess they gave up after all.

I thought it was just strange that Mr. Stoic Efficiency did a fistbump at all. Especially with the guy who seems to be putting on an air of lazy incompetence. The fact those two are somehow friendly with one another hints at all sorts of backstory.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I'm so glad we're finally back. I have no idea who thought it would be a good idea to do 3 whole recap episodes in a show that already moves this slowly. I understand wanting to get new viewers unfamiliar with the time and the new timeslot caught up, but 3 episodes was just ridiculous. 1 should have been sufficient; there are a lot of really heartwarming moments and developments in this show that warrant the length, but it's really not difficult to summarise the whole show in quick order.

By the way, was it ever brought up why they didn't just sleep during the day and walk during the night? Seems like they would have gone way faster with less hastle.

I'm also glad that this episode acknowledged that Mutta is an engineer by trade, and so should actually be able to complete the given task quite easily himself. Everything in this show is a struggle, I'd like to see Mutta succeed with little difficulty in at least one task. He's an intelligent, experienced engineer who has previously worked on designing vehicles. I'm going to be rather annoyed when they handwave away the skills Mutta should have to allow for this goon engineer to "prove he's a swell guy" or whatever.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

It gets down to near freezing in the desert at night. Notice Mutta and Nitta were all bundled up when they went to get the cellphone, and that was a fairly short trip. Also take into account that a lot of desert animals are nocturnal and the reduced visibility potentially resulting in any number of accidents and you can imagine why traveling at night wouldn't be the greatest plan. Really I imagine the best plan would be to get up pre-dawn as things are getting lighter, walk until noonish, rest through the hottest bit of the day, do some more walking and then make camp for the night.

Edit: vvvv I am bad at name.

Amstrad fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 28, 2013

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
^^ I notice that Hibito gets way more bundled up than Nitta when he goes for a walk. He's also on the moon ^^
The fact that he didn't complain about waiting tells me they're best friends.
It also looked like fistbumping wasn't their usual greeting, engineer guy just sprung it to be weird.

vv No, she blatantly lied, as poorly as the first time. Either Mutta was too sick to notice or he'll be worrying about it again soon enough vv

cooldude2.0 fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 28, 2013

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Was what happened to Mutta really what the Indian woman was all upset about when she originally read his future? Seems a bit lame to be gasping over a mere fever. "Come here young man, let me tell your future. Gasp! You're going to catch a cold. Quick, get some Zertec-D on the way home tonight!!!"

My guess is that Mutta will show some serious engineering competence and the nose-picking and fart-blasting (aren't all engineers that way?) NASA loser-engineer will get on the stick and help them make the best darn robo-thingy ever. Plus, all the hurts of his life will be healed at the same time and he'll stop playing video games when he should be working, farting in front of ladies, and flicking boogers at his coworkers.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Rexides posted:

I wouldn't even classify it as a fistbump. :colbert:

Also with all of the "hints" from the engineer being off I'm sure whatever Mutta has in mind will get him to flip his switch.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Oh man.

The show is really good again you guys!

After that glacial rear end lost in space bit and the non-stop recaps I wasn't so sure

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

OnimaruXLR posted:

Oh man.

The show is really good again you guys!

After that glacial rear end lost in space bit and the non-stop recaps I wasn't so sure

One thing that really surprises me is how Brian is one of my favourite characters. He died years before the show started, has never talked to a majority of the primary cast, and yet... he seems like such a swell guy. Everyone talks about him as if he was the nicest guy ever. In most shows, you'd be told that and that would be it. In this show though, you really feel it whenever he's in a flashback.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Goddamn lefties! :argh:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
This show, my god, this show... They got me again. Pico :( This show has got me to cry twice, goddamn. That's a goddamn record right there.

paragon1 posted:

Goddamn lefties! :argh:

I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. :(

e: Oh yeah Industry Tribal Knoweledge 101 That was awesome, coming from the Cold War Airspace/Military History thread I hear a lot about how there's tonnes of poo poo no one can build anymore because the people who either designed it, or figured out how to actually practically make the parts aren't around. For the F-22 I hear they're actually video taping the process and interviewing factory floor workers/technitians just because of that.

e2:

quote:

He's an intelligent, experienced engineer who has previously worked on designing vehicles. I'm going to be rather annoyed when they handwave away the skills Mutta should have to allow for this goon engineer to "prove he's a swell guy" or whatever.

He likely will design/build the rover itself fine, they will still need help with the parachut.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 05:55 on May 5, 2013

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I like how inspiring this show can be, but I feel like it's directed by a bunch of guys who are completely oblivious to how sexist they are at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Shakugan posted:

I like how inspiring this show can be, but I feel like it's directed by a bunch of guys who are completely oblivious to how sexist they are at times.
In other words, the Japanese?

• Locked thread