Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

I think this can absolutely be a full playbook instead of a compendium class; there's a lot of narrative at play with someone captured by the fae. If you're running into issues with narrative space the best way to handle it is to think of two or three other concepts the playbook can include. Gnome can talk about this more than I can, but I know the Sky Dancer was rough at first until he folded in things like weather working that are completely in keeping with the original idea, but move out a bit from the "adventurer who flies" angle.

Someone who escaped from their fae captors can have moves centered around the themes of guidance, travel, illusions, fae magic, body alteration, psychology, story-weaving, making reality act like fiction, all kinds of stuff. Entire games have been written about the concept, much less its place in folklore - it's absolutely able to fill a full playbook. I think the issue is more focusing it down to something coherent. Try picking two or three core concepts and writing the playbook with those in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Mikan posted:

I think the issue is more focusing it down to something coherent. Try picking two or three core concepts and writing the playbook with those in mind.

This is sort of how I approached the Warlord, though I did it more or less by accident as I attempted to take the rough outline of the 4E class and translate it into a playbook...I approached moves with two basic ideas in mind of how one might want to develop the class, the brilliant and cunning strategist with a master plan and the charismatic leader that you'd follow into hell, and then added some stuff that could work for either. DW doesn't really have "builds" the way that 4E does, of course, your starting moves are really the core of every playbook and advanced moves build from there, but it was a useful way to mentally approach "okay, now I need to come up with 20+ more of these things."

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Right now my core concepts are "slave-turned revolutionary", "body-warping", and "stolen things/magic/skills".

The story-weaving, reality-as-fiction thing is a CC of mine though :v:

Here's version 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lPsYAl_E5XJH-AbffZGTZsUAH-Ofsr6s95UWY7lD0_I/edit?usp=sharing

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 18, 2013

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
ElmoOxygen's The Medic is now available, for free download and also buying if you are into that sort of thing.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If nobody's got any problems with it, The Fading is complete as far as I am concerned.

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.
I think currently what the class really needs is a good strong fictional direction. What does the character do in the world that makes them interesting?

Perhaps get back to the core identity of the class. The idea of being an abducted, out of place, outsider. Perhaps indoctrinated, perhaps resentful.

For real world examples, you have children that are kidnapped and raised by the kidnappers. Perhaps they completely buy into their abducted/adopted lives.

I like the core ideas for the class that your new life gives you an alien perspective, an extra-societal advantage because you don't play by society's rules. Perhaps you have accepted your abductors' values, or perhaps you have turned those values against them in the pursuit of vengeance.

Perhaps group your current and new moves into three core categories. Once you do that, choose a move from each category that feels core to the class, or several other moves are built on top of, and use those for your starting moves.

Social
These could be about not fitting in, an outsider, but the moral freedom and alien thought proccess that enables. Perhaps also knowing fear - how to recognize it's signs and capitalize on them? This can also feed into the class's motives, do they want to perpetuate their abductor's values? have they rebelled? You could also bring in the character's ties to their native life. Who were they before they got abducted? Are they searching to find out? Were they someone important?

Action
The physical advantages your abduction has given you. Things like endurance, intimidation, deadliness. Body-warping seems to fit here, and feels inspired by alien abduction especially. I think the key here, is make the Abducted life just as interesting as the new adventurer life. What dangerous, exciting work did the abductors have the character doing before they set out by themselves?

Freak/Alien
These moves would be about what now sets you apart from your native society in a magical, supernatural, or surgically modified sense. This is an extended metaphor for the alien-ness of being an outsider, but how it helps empower the character and set them apart.

Shamblercow
Jan 5, 2006
Moo.

Tollymain posted:

Right now my core concepts are "slave-turned revolutionary", "body-warping", and "stolen things/magic/skills".
A bunch of musings:
These are your core concepts, so now let's think about what these look like and how a character with them would act. We want to guide the character back to these concepts and come up with thematic elements that give them an emotional underpinning and logic. We want to give players looking at the play book an immediate sense of what the character is. While I like the different flavors of captors as races, it leads to thematic clashing with some of the advances. I might make these the alternative starting moves: if you were taken by the fae, this is what you get. Then you can pack advances for each "origin" in the advanced moves list as moves with prerequisites. You could get really crazy and even include a full list of weird and wild captors and advances as an analogue to the wizards spell list, giving a ton a variability through advanced move trees while keeping the basic moves captor agnostic.

Slave turned revolutionary:
This seems like a great hook for the social aspect of the class. How does this character influence people? What are they fighting against and how do they achieve it?
Sample moves:
When you tell allies about a specific enemy tactic, they take +1 forward when acting on your advice.

When you warn citizens of impending invasion, roll+CHA. On a 10+, they take the necessary precautions, the town becomes a veritable stronghold, while innocents flee. On a 7-9, the town is uncertain about your story; some prepare but others ignore your tales. On a 6-, the town disregards your warning and you must live with your failure.

Body-Warping:
Physical and utility... You can make a lot of interesting things happen here, physically and mentally too. This is where I would go crazy with racial prerequisites. What would a fae captive do that an ithilid captive wouldn't and vice versa? There are a lot of monster style powers you could play with here, maybe by using a basic move to establish a humanity move similar to the Druids shapeshifter with a different set of consequences dealing with the problem of using An enemy's tools against them.

Stolen resources
These sound like starting gear and maybe the basis of racial moves. When you use a fae cantrip to trick an enemy, roll+WIS.... On a miss, the Queen of Autumn looks your way.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Finally time for this week's Inverse World preview! This week in Inverse World Technology, we're sharing The Walker with you. Spoilers: It is the best class yet. Parkour and ninja wall walking is the name of the game.

Inverse World Stuff posted:

The Walker Preview - fully playable! This series of advances will build you some kind of ninja assassin character.
The Lantern Preview - fully playable! This series of advances will build you a jack-of-all-trades mage knight.
The Mechanic Preview - fully playable! This series of advances will build you a highly destructive mecha pilot with all the weapons.
The Sky Dancer Preview - fully playable! This series of advances will build you a magical flying mailkeeper. Yes, really.
The Survivor Preview - fully playable! This series of advances will build you a warrior whose opponents are already dead.
Setting and Mythos Preview

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, it's drat near 4 in the morning here but I've been re-thinking this all night and here's The Stolen V3. I've messed with quite a few things here, tell me if this is any better.

I think I need another 2-5 move and a 6-10 move to fill out the move list. It would probably be best if those added to the 'warped flesh' concept, but I can't think of anything at the moment. Any thoughts?

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

gnome7 posted:

Finally time for this week's Inverse World preview! This week in Inverse World Technology, we're sharing The Walker with you. Spoilers: It is the best class yet. Parkour and ninja wall walking is the name of the game.

I want to play this class so bad.

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009

gnome7 posted:

So can I just preorder Inverse World now, or what?

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.
The Inverse World classes rock on toast. All of them are just screaming to be played.

Question: running Inverse World with the Bastion soundtrack. Am I doing it right?

ThermonuclearTom
Jul 23, 2006

OW
OW
OW
Totally have a plan for my next Dungeon World campaign. Equal parts John Carter, Tank Girl and Pirates of Pangea.

The Punk-o-Saurus Gangs of Mars! (working title).

Using Adventures on Dungeon Planet and hopefully those wicked looking mount rules to give everyone a dinosaur mount.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ratpick posted:

The Inverse World classes rock on toast. All of them are just screaming to be played.

Question: running Inverse World with the Bastion soundtrack. Am I doing it right?

You should be running every game with the Bastion soundtrack.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
You guys need to hurry up and finish inverse world so I can give you money. And then I can reboot my campaign using it.

ThermonuclearTom posted:

Using Adventures on Dungeon Planet and hopefully those wicked looking mount rules to give everyone a dinosaur mount.

There are awesome mount rules somewhere?

ThermonuclearTom
Jul 23, 2006

OW
OW
OW
I mean the ones Rulebook Heavily is brewing up.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
drat straight.

I fact, this is just for you.

quote:

Raptor

A large two-legged lizard-like creature with huge claws and lots of teeth. You can ride it. What are you waiting for?

Large, Fearless, Mount +2, 1 Passengers

Clever Girl
When your raptor operates simple objects like doors, levers or gates, Roll +Mount. On a miss, the raptor fails to understand the task. On a 7-9, it does the task but will do it slowly and uncertainly. On a 10+, the raptor performs it with confidence and never needs to roll that type of task again.

Six Inch Talons and Rows of Teeth
When your raptor hacks and slash at your enemies at your direction, you may add its mount stat to your damage rolls but risk the mount being counterattacked.

Powerful Hind Legs
When you defy danger to jump while riding a raptor, you may add the raptor's mount stat to your defy danger roll.

"Fearless" means the mount doesn't buck when startled or get frightened and won't buck you off, 1 Passenger simply means you can have one other person beside yourself on it. The large size denotes that human-sized people can ride it and it can be used to do things most humans couldn't like pull a large cart for long periods or rip out the prison bars of a tiny town prison.

You'll also want this.

Control Mount
When your mount bucks due to fear, injury or shock, roll +Mount. On a 10+, you remain mounted. On a 7-9, you become unhorsed, and your mount leaves the scene but will not go so far that you cannot mount it again when the danger has passed. On a miss, your mount also becomes injured, tired or too frightened to carry you until it has received care and rest.

Rulebook Heavily fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 18, 2013

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.

Rulebook Heavily posted:

drat straight.

I fact, this is just for you.

These are great, and I can't wait to incorperate fancy mounts into my DW games.

And now to announce the full release of:

The Fae!

As always, because I love this thread and all the people that help with ideas and feedback, the Free version will remain available for everyone in the thread.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

gnome7 posted:

Oh my god, this would have been perfect for the masked vigilante I'm currently playing. Seriously, these Inverse World classes are just great all around.

Manofmanusernames
Jul 27, 2012

Jackass.
How does dual wielding work in DW? Do I just roll 2d6+STR for each and then roll damage fore each?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
You don't gain multiple actions in DW. (Otherwise, you'd increase your chance of loving up/exchanging damage, making a dual wielding person much quicker to die).

If one of my players wanted to explicitly dual wield, I'd do something like this:
*+1d2 damage,
*Can't use free hand or shields.

Then, you put'em in situations where an extra d2 damage will help them kill things, and other situations where holding a torch offhand would be super helpful.

Manofmanusernames
Jul 27, 2012

Jackass.

Golden Bee posted:

You don't gain multiple actions in DW. (Otherwise, you'd increase your chance of loving up/exchanging damage, making a dual wielding person much quicker to die).

If one of my players wanted to explicitly dual wield, I'd do something like this:
*+1d2 damage,
*Can't use free hand or shields.

Then, you put'em in situations where an extra d2 damage will help them kill things, and other situations where holding a torch offhand would be super helpful.

Okay thanks. That seems like a good way to handle it.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Manofmanusernames posted:

How does dual wielding work in DW? Do I just roll 2d6+STR for each and then roll damage fore each?

The only official support is viper's strike and viper's fangs from the Ranger advanced moves. Otherwise, dual-wielding is just another way of making an attack. I guess you'd probably be able to use the tags from both weapons, but that's about it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I love The Fae. I mean, shooting wasps? Awesome.

But the Brownie race doesn't have any mechanical benefit, and it's unclear exactly what you can do with a curse.

Also, Bacchanalia is a sucker's choice. If I choose 1 of 3, I'm guaranteeing that I either:
*Spend a boon to gain no benefit, other than saving 100 coins;
*I gain a benefit, but people are lost to the fae realm (and the party dislikes me).

Why would I want to spend my 1 boon on other fae causing harmless pranks? If I wanted to, say, bewitch the Grand Marquis's banquet, having people lost to the other world may entice me, but I don't see a situation where harmless pranks would be particularly useful. And if they were, I'd just do them myself and gain 1-boon.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 18, 2013

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.

Golden Bee posted:

I love The Fae. I mean, shooting wasps? Awesome.

But the Brownie race doesn't have any mechanical benefit, and it's unclear exactly what you can do with a curse.

Also, Bacchanalia is a sucker's choice. If I choose 1 of 3, I'm guaranteeing that I either:
*Spend a boon to gain no benefit, other than saving 100 coins;
*I gain a benefit, but people are lost to the fae realm (and the party dislikes me).

Why would I want to spend my 1 boon on other fae causing harmless pranks? If I wanted to, say, bewitch the Grand Marquis's banquet, having people lost to the other world may entice me, but I don't see a situation where harmless pranks would be particularly useful. And if they were, I'd just do them myself and gain 1-boon.

Some good feedback! The following changes will be made to the PDF later today when I can get to my PC.

Curse
When you curse a person, creature, place, or object, say the curse out loud, spend 1 Boon and roll +Wis. *On a hit, The curse makes those affected do something unpleasant, changes their form, puts them into a supernatural slumber, or strikes them mute *On a 10+, choose 2. *On a 7-9, choose 1. *On a miss, choose 1, and those affected know who to blame.
The curse only affects that which you want it to
The curse wears off when you want it to (3 days and 3 nights, until the next full moon, a year and a day)
The curse can be broken only by one of the following: True Love’s Kiss, a heartfelt apology, a pure tear of sorrow.

Brownie
You are more closely tied to the mortal races and their civilisation than other Fae. When you gain boon from helping nice mortals, gain +1 Boon. You always have the following as one of your chosen weaknesses:

Household Spirit - You always need to help a family of nice mortals in some small useful way.

Bacchanalia
When you bring strange, potent liqueurs and otherworldly revelers from the Fae Realm for a big party, spend 1 Boon and treat is as having spent 200 coin for the Carouse move. In addition to your other choices from Carouse, choose 1:

Some of your kin cause harmless and entertaining pranks. They left you something interesting!
No-one is lost in the Fae Realm
You have a confusing but prophetic dream. At a later time, you may say “I have dreamt of this!” and take +1

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

madadric posted:

Some good feedback! The following changes will be made to the PDF later today when I can get to my PC.

Curse
When you curse a person, creature, place, or object, say the curse out loud, spend 1 Boon and roll +Wis. *On a hit, The curse makes those affected do something unpleasant, changes their form, puts them into a supernatural slumber, or strikes them mute *On a 10+, choose 2. *On a 7-9, choose 1. *On a miss, choose 1, and those affected know who to blame.
The curse only affects that which you want it to
The curse wears off when you want it to (3 days and 3 nights, until the next full moon, a year and a day)
The curse can be broken only by one of the following: True Love’s Kiss, a heartfelt apology, a pure tear of sorrow.

Brownie
You are more closely tied to the mortal races and their civilisation than other Fae. When you gain boon from helping nice mortals, gain +1 Boon. You always have the following as one of your chosen weaknesses:

Household Spirit - You always need to help a family of nice mortals in some small useful way.

Bacchanalia
When you bring strange, potent liqueurs and otherworldly revelers from the Fae Realm for a big party, spend 1 Boon and treat is as having spent 200 coin for the Carouse move. In addition to your other choices from Carouse, choose 1:

Some of your kin cause harmless and entertaining pranks. They left you something interesting!
No-one is lost in the Fae Realm
You have a confusing but prophetic dream. At a later time, you may say “I have dreamt of this!” and take +1

I feel like Bacchanalia would be better if the second option was "Some of the party-goers are lost to the Fae Realm". The idea that the parties of the fae folk are malevolent things fits best when you throw the party specifically to be malevolent for the people you suckered into it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Yeah. You should get the OPTION to lose people to the Fae Dimension. It's not a bug, it's a feature.

This might as well be my catchphrase, but man, The Walker is a class I'm rarin' to play. If people want to playtest new classes tonight next week on IRC, I'll be glad to GM.

TombsGrave
Feb 15, 2008

A little bit late, but on the topic of dual-wielding: getting both weapon's tags would be handy and close to real life. An advantage of using a rapier and maine-gauche, for instance, was not just having two weapons to hack away with but two weapons to parry with, and one that was inside the range of an opponent's attack. Otherwise, the advantage of dual-wielding would be entirely narrative, much like most of the non-tag differences in weapon.

ThermonuclearTom
Jul 23, 2006

OW
OW
OW

Rulebook Heavily posted:

drat straight.

I think I love you. Thank you so frickin much.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

I read through the rulebook and the GM Guide (which was awesome and really well written, thanks Scrape and Evil Mastermind) and really like everything I've seen. I'm keeping an eye on the recruitment thread for a game to jump into. I'm still not sure that everything's really clicked with me though; mechanically it all makes sense but I'm still having a hard time visualizing how everything fits together via the narrative and how much power players have to change the game world. Does anyone have links to videos or audio of a group of good players actually playing? I'm going to read through same game threads as well but a recording of a good session or two would be really helpful.

Manofmanusernames
Jul 27, 2012

Jackass.

Lawen posted:

I read through the rulebook and the GM Guide (which was awesome and really well written, thanks Scrape and Evil Mastermind) and really like everything I've seen. I'm keeping an eye on the recruitment thread for a game to jump into. I'm still not sure that everything's really clicked with me though; mechanically it all makes sense but I'm still having a hard time visualizing how everything fits together via the narrative and how much power players have to change the game world. Does anyone have links to videos or audio of a group of good players actually playing? I'm going to read through same game threads as well but a recording of a good session or two would be really helpful.

Rolling Intentions Podcast played some dungeon world although it was back when the game was still in beta.
Session 1
Session 2
Session 3

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.

Lawen posted:

It depends on your GM and players, but the game leaves a lot of room for everyone to say interesting things about the world and the people in it. During the fist session, the games world is built up round the players through the GM's questions. Dungeon world takes the biggest part from improv theatre, the 'yes, and...' Mechanic.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
For people who want to playtest their poo poo, I'm planning to run a one-shot tomorrow (tomorrow from my time zone--April 20) at 4:00 Pacific. Non-core playbooks only, level 3 characters, post here if you're down.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Dungeon World is pretty great for taking internet D&D arguments and extracting kernels of amazing.

When you encounter something your signature weapon cannot harm, but strike a killing blow on it anyway, you may take the following move on level up.

Exhaustive Arsenal: You have an exhaustive arsenal. This counts as 6-weight, including your signature weapon.

When you find yourself in need of a weapon, you may draw your signature weapon from your arsenal or search your arsenal for the right tool for the job and select its tags as if you were creating a new signature weapon.

In addition, roll +wis. You may spend any amount of Preparation on this roll. On a 10+, pick 1, on a 7-9 pick 2, on a 6- pick 2 in addition to what the GM tells you.

- it's awkward to use, take -1 ongoing to Hack and Slash or Volley while wielding it
- it's blunted or weak, deal -1d4 damage while using it
- it's fragile or limited in use

After you take Exhaustive Arsenal, you may take any of the following moves on level up.

The Perfect Tool For The Job: When you search your arsenal for the right tool for the job, pick 1 fewer negative element. On a 12+, you may instead pick 1 additional enhancement for the weapon.

Loaded For Bear: You may buy specialty equipment for your arsenal. A unit of specialty equipment costs 50 coin and has 1 weight. When you search your arsenal for the right tool for the job, you may expend as many units of specialty equipment as you wish to add +1 to the roll per unit spent.

Seeker of Banes: Add this enhancement to the list of enhancements you choose for weapons from your exhaustive arsenal: on a hit, this weapon will impress, dismay, or frighten a specific creature type.

Glazius fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Apr 20, 2013

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Well, got three people in for the one-shot. Had an Artificer, a Sharpshooter, and a Fae (Brownie). Sharpshooter seemed a bit overpowered with the +2d4 damage (which was theoretically offset by only being able to focus on one target at a time, but anything he shot once pretty much exploded so it was never a real drawback).

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Hey guys, quick question: how have you all been using the 'mark of divine authority' boon of a paladin's Quest, or the cleric's Apotheosis move? I have a character that I'm thinking of using them with, but I need some inspiration.

Manofmanusernames
Jul 27, 2012

Jackass.
Captain_Indigo made a DW recruitment thread. Thought I should mention it because I know some people in the thread were looking for a game.

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.

PublicOpinion posted:

Well, got three people in for the one-shot. Had an Artificer, a Sharpshooter, and a Fae (Brownie). Sharpshooter seemed a bit overpowered with the +2d4 damage (which was theoretically offset by only being able to focus on one target at a time, but anything he shot once pretty much exploded so it was never a real drawback).

Oooh! I'd love to hear how the fae played!

One of these days ill get the opportunity to join one of your games, playing over Skype sounded awesome, unfortunately family commitments meant I wouldn't be able to give the game the attention it deserves.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

madadric posted:

Oooh! I'd love to hear how the fae played!

One of these days ill get the opportunity to join one of your games, playing over Skype sounded awesome, unfortunately family commitments meant I wouldn't be able to give the game the attention it deserves.

She might write up some feedback later, but here's how it looked from the DM side:

I think it being a thrown-together one-shot kind of hurt the Brownie, since in ordinary circumstances you could make sure the party counted as nice mortals to help rather than the murderiest pair of murder hobos to ever wander into a cave and kill poo poo.

She went with the hive of bees as a weapon, which is a great gear choice to offer. Didn't do hardly any direct damage, but I figured most enemies would be severely hindered by a swarm of bees in the face. Plus it let the boss monster look tough by sitting perfectly still while bees crawled across his eyes.

When the party was getting its poo poo kicked in by a giant boar-man, she used glamour to fake being a boar-person and pulled the old "these are my prisoners, take us all to the center of the dungeon" trick. She then used that 'technically true' move to convince the dangerous boar-man that the other enemies were planning on sacrificing him along with the other prisoners. Using the boar-man as a weapon was considerably more damaging than the bees, because he mostly just crushed heads. I made her occasionally defy danger +CHA to keep the illusion up if something happened that I thought might disrupt the illusion, and also defy +STR once during the fight to maintain the boar-man's trust.

Also: The Artificer had jump-boots as one of his inventions, and at one point jumped onto an enemy, kicked it in the face to launch himself higher, and then used his wrist-mounted flamethrower to hose down a beefy monster. It was pretty rad.

He also did a jump-boot shoryuken at one point. Basically jump-boots are great.

PublicOpinion fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Apr 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Just wanted to give some feedback since at our DW games we tend to use only goon-made classes.

Medic: I played this one, loved playing my 'do no harm' medic. There are some really fun advanced moves and unliving anatomy gets a lot of mileage in a space setting. I MC'd into fighter to grab armored and I pull double duty as defender and healer.

Gladiator: It's like fighter, but actually has some flavor to it! though turning any of his damage die rolls into a 10 lead to a loop of: do max damage, kill target, get arsenal back, repeat.

Mage: Probably the one we have used the most, mostly positive reactions. It is a tad bit tricky to DM for since you constantly have to think of ways to interpret the 'choose one/two' effects.

Priest: filling in the blanks can be tricky for the deity section.

Initiate: love love love this one, excellent martial artist class. Have used this as a Fighter alternative as well.

True Friend: I don't care what everyone else in the group said, never stop making classes like this :allears:.

Artificer: Boy have we gotten millage out of this. Rat-man artificer making a microphone and amp for the elf bard was a blast.