Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
s0t
Jun 6, 2012

Stefu posted:

I've seen tons of it, it's even translated to various languages (I think I've seen it in Finnish). I think it comes from here: http://www.whitakeronline.org/blog/the-white-mantra/

"The white genocide" is one of the oddest myths there is, really.

Bob Whitaker, the guy who wrote "the mantra", has a blog called something like "The Bug's Swarm" that he uses to encourage his legions to spam his mantra all over the web. He also has a forum with many "Where did you post the mantra today?" threads. You can also find similar threads on Stormfront and on other white supremacist sites.

Here's an old post from a white nationalist blog:

They literally think that spamming this piece of text all over the internet is gaining them recruits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

That accent... Tom DeLonge, what happened? :ohdear:

also it is such beautiful irony to hear a (presumably white) American singing about how he thinks indigenous races and cultures are being excluded from their native countries

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I just got back from the Plymouth EDL protest (I was on the other side of the road with a load of UAF people). It was quite a piss-poor turnout for the EDL. They started with about 20, which then dropped off to about a dozen...

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

fuctifino posted:

I just got back from the Plymouth EDL protest (I was on the other side of the road with a load of UAF people). It was quite a piss-poor turnout for the EDL. They started with about 20, which then dropped off to about a dozen...

What are they actually protesting about?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

bpower posted:

What are they actually protesting about?

The owner of the Dance Academy finally lost his license a few weeks ago, after spending a few years in prison on bullshit drugs charges. As a gently caress-you to the people of Plymouth, he said in a newspaper interview that he was considering donating the building to a charity so that it could be turned into a mosque. Its not going to happen because:
a) The building is unsuitable
b) The building is derelict
c) The owner is a businessman, and will SELL the building, not give it away.

He said about the mosque knowing full well that the Plymouth EDL would kick up a stink.

By the way, this isn't just the Plymouth division. Torquay, Exeter and I believe Bristol EDL came down to help bolster the numbers. lol.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Why would he wind the Plymouth EDL up like that? To give them an excuse to protest?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

BastardySkull posted:

Why would he wind the Plymouth EDL up like that? To give them an excuse to protest?

Yeah. I think he wanted to piss off the police more than anyone, knowing that they would have to resource a lot of manpower to police the protest. The closing down of the Dance Academy and the jailing of the owner was full of controversy.

What I didn't realise was that this protest was supported and attended by other Southern chapters of the EDL, yet they still only managed to make a dozen or so protesters. lol

I had to leave a comment on the Plymouth EDL page:

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
♪♪ If it wasn't for the coppers you'd be dead ♪♪
♪♪ If it wasn't for the coppers, those dirty rotten coppers ♪♪

The "march for england" in Brighton got outnumbered about 10-1. Also, a few of the more hardcore leftovers of the troubled Essex division stumbled into a bunch of antifa/blackbloc before the march and promptly got a whuppin', including being painted red.

Fash status: Bashed.

EDIT:

Bonus fash inadvertently hitting other fash with stick and then fash made a face

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 21, 2013

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

DesperateDan posted:

The "march for england" in Brighton got outnumbered about 10-1. Also, a few of the more hardcore leftovers of the troubled Essex division stumbled into a bunch of antifa/blackbloc before the march and promptly got a whuppin', including being painted red.

Fash status: Bashed.

EDIT:

Bonus fash inadvertently hitting other fash with stick and then fash made a face

This post makes me smile :)

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
edit: nm

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
An amazing tattoo!

From the Brighton march apparently

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Britian :britain:

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

ClownSyndrome posted:

From the Brighton march apparently
It's not from Brighton - I've definitely seen it before. It's used on various anti-EDL sites as a token "let's laugh at these cretins in the EDL" image.

E: unless there are two people with tattoos like this. :psyduck:

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

I like to imagine it made a sound not unlike two hollow coconuts banging against each other. :haw:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I'm really concerned about the issues that cause the rise of radical organizations like the EDL. Their members are predominantly poor and un-educated people of all ages but most of the pictures I've seen in this thread show a lot of their members are the younger demographic. I'm concerned that a lot of people are happy enough to just point and laugh at "those EDL bums" but are unwilling to invest resources to try and educate and bring them into greater society. We saw in the London riots that there is a huge demographic of poor youngsters with no education living in the slums, with no future prospects because they can't find work. They come from homes where their parents are often heavy drinkers or drug abusers and probably a lot of them exist on welfare.

We're seeing a heavy shift in Greece as well, where people are moving towards extremists groups like the Golden Dawn with Fascist ideas, and I'm really afraid it's just going to take one more economic crises for the UK to cut welfare checks and cause another social uprising. It's pretty clear to me that governments have no idea how to deal with it, when the London riots happend the response of the government was to bring in American police to advise on how to deal with riots in the most heavy handed way you can get away with.

Dekko
May 23, 2007

Demiurge4 posted:

We're seeing a heavy shift in Greece as well, where people are moving towards extremists groups like the Golden Dawn with Fascist ideas, and I'm really afraid it's just going to take one more economic crises for the UK to cut welfare checks and cause another social uprising. It's pretty clear to me that governments have no idea how to deal with it, when the London riots happend the response of the government was to bring in American police to advise on how to deal with riots in the most heavy handed way you can get away with.

Im not too worried about any kind of 'social uprising' from the right. Im far more concerned about what was being discussed earlier on, namely mainstream politics sliding further and further to the right. Its already happening and its already making people's lives noticeably shittier

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Also, (at least here in Denmark) when racist and borderline fascist parties get elected, the violent street nazis reap where they sow. If it's okay to say some horrible things about immigrants in the mainstream media, and still get elected, EDL-like groups (and worse) will be encouraged and get more members.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
The EDL are in terminal decline and in that sense alone can't be compared to Golden Dawn. By this point noone should be worried about them.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?

Zero Star posted:

It's not from Brighton - I've definitely seen it before. It's used on various anti-EDL sites as a token "let's laugh at these cretins in the EDL" image.

E: unless there are two people with tattoos like this. :psyduck:

Ah, apologies then, didn't see it before myself (was just off twitter)

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DesperateDan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdphlxmB1Hk

:allears:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Oh boy, the EDL are going to come visit me!

http://nottingham.tab.co.uk/2013/04/22/edl-threaten-uni-with-demonstrations/ posted:

The English Defence League have threatened to march on campus and have accused the University of helping “to enable Islamic extremism”.
At the time of the conference, a combined force of activists, including the EDL, managed to muscle up nearly a dozen protestors to protest against the conference outside of the west entrance.
(bolding mine)

I am sure the dozen or so protesters that might manage to find their way to campus will truly turn us away from the Muslim menace :allears:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Do they even know what a place of learning looks like?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

EvilHawk posted:

Oh boy, the EDL are going to come visit me!

(bolding mine)

I am sure the dozen or so protesters that might manage to find their way to campus will truly turn us away from the Muslim menace :allears:

Haha what? Seriously? Here in Nottingham?

I'll join the counter protest if the EDL starts something.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Haha what? Seriously? Here in Nottingham?

I'll join the counter protest if the EDL starts something.

Honestly, what with the Malaysian/Chinese campuses and the massive immigrant population, I'm surprised they don't turn up more regularly.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

EvilHawk posted:

Honestly, what with the Malaysian/Chinese campuses and the massive immigrant population, I'm surprised they don't turn up more regularly.

why would the EDL object to Nottingham's China & Malaysia campuses? it means foreigners are taught in their home countries instead of coming to England.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Cerv posted:

why would the EDL object to Nottingham's China & Malaysia campuses? it means foreigners are taught in their home countries instead of coming to England.

There's an exchange so lots of people come here to study rather than in China and Malaysia. "Coming over here and taking our learning :argh:"

Babunar
Sep 15, 2009

EvilHawk posted:

"Coming over here and taking our learning :argh:"

Well, clearly the EDL don't want it.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Haha, "nearly a dozen". So what, ten? eleven? Given the track record of racist idiots to just get off the train and wander to the nearest Wetherspoons, this probably means you might get an idiot or two with a poorly-spelled banner. "A combined force of activists" indeed.
Is there a collective noun for racists? If not, I propose 'shart'. "A shart of racists".

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.
I'm sure I've posted this before but I'm putting it up again as it's still the best photo of the EDL.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Quote-Unquote posted:

Haha, "nearly a dozen". So what, ten? eleven? Given the track record of racist idiots to just get off the train and wander to the nearest Wetherspoons, this probably means you might get an idiot or two with a poorly-spelled banner. "A combined force of activists" indeed.
Is there a collective noun for racists? If not, I propose 'shart'. "A shart of racists".

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but that article was taking the piss out of the EDL, not supporting them.

Z-Magic posted:

I'm sure I've posted this before but I'm putting it up again as it's still the best photo of the EDL.

Amazing.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

EvilHawk posted:

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but that article was taking the piss out of the EDL, not supporting them.

Amazing.

I probably should have read the article and not just the quote.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

You would have thought he would have learned after the previous, nearly identical incident from last year.

Oh, wait, it's tommeh

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

DesperateDan posted:

You would have thought he would have learned after the previous, nearly identical incident from last year.

Oh, wait, it's tommeh

loving again? Even by tommeh standards this is getting stupid.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

What a disgusting human being. Even if he weren't a racist, he'd still be a creepy piece of poo poo.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
So, Tommeh's being a creepy dolt, I wonder what the EDL's #2 is up to?

...yup...

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

KayTee posted:

So, Tommeh's being a creepy dolt, I wonder what the EDL's #2 is up to?

...yup...

That is glorious.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Ahahaha. That's classic. Is there a way to get your PC to play the Benny Hill music when you're looking at something EDL related? Maybe finishing off with Sad Trombone Sound?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

At the brighton march, a nurse who was a passer by suffered serious eye injuries to the point she might be blinded. It was thrown by "2 shaven headed men with heavily tattooed arms". Shouldn't judge by appearances, but that doesn't really match the antis, who were almost entirely clad in black with heads covered.

What does the self proclaimed "fashist" mouthpiece of the casuals have to say?

Words fail me. Other splinter groups are officially trying the blame Antifa, but there's plenty of bragging about it by fash.

In other news, this guy decided that his facebook page was the best place to order a hit on the editor of EDLnews (anti EDL site). That's not his address by the way, it seems to be an entirely unrelated person.

Guess he will join the EDL HMP division soon enough, it's the only division with growing numbers.

He is of previous fame for rushing into a mosque waving pork products and consequently getting the poo poo beaten out of him.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Hopefully someone forwarded that hit post to the proper authorities...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

ThirdPartyView posted:

Hopefully someone forwarded that hit post to the proper authorities...

I have, so have others:

The relevant police department's online reporting form is here, if anyone else wanted to report it too.

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Apr 28, 2013

• Locked thread