Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Have we confirmed that CBB is Tompkast canon and not just another multiverse podcast??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

scary ghost dog posted:

I'm interested because I want to hear how deluded you are.

Well, I've already told the story about 5 times and I'm tired of doing so. Believe whatever the gently caress you want, pal.

jyrka posted:

Aww that's really disappointing. Surely when his whole thing is You Can Joke About Anything, he shouldn't back off. I think I read the tweet and it wasn't very funny but that's not an issue if he's going for the shock value anyway.

If you listen to a couple interviews he has done recently, that tweet actually betrayed his personal philosophy. I read every interview he does and listen to every podcast, because he's my favorite new comedian.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

escape artist posted:

If you listen to a couple interviews he has done recently, that tweet actually betrayed his personal philosophy.

Did it? Because seeing it again it's not that bad of a joke. My guess is that it betrayed his personal philosophy of 'don't get fired or real life death threats.'

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

jyrka posted:

Did it? Because seeing it again it's not that bad of a joke. My guess is that it betrayed his personal philosophy of 'don't get fired or real life death threats.'

I thought it was a lazy joke (I know, that's subjective), and he said he'd never make a lazy joke immediately after a tragedy to shock people. Also, he stated in another interview, that he has a lot of trouble joking about real tragedies. The stuff he does on stage is easy for him, because he makes everything up. It's different, he says, when it's a real tragedy.

Also, I'm not deluded about it. I told one of my comic friends what happened and that I "think it was just a coincidence," that is disappeared so soon after I posted on there. My friend said he didn't think so. That's why I said I "may" have had something to do with it. Basically, I posted 3-4 Tweets flipping Anthony's own words from interviews on him.

Look, I like the man very much, but he is dangerously close to becoming what he pretends to be. I don't care why the tweet was deleted, I'm just glad it was.

If anyone wants to know what the joke was he deleted, it was
"A lot of lines should not be crossed today, especially the finish line." It was posted around 4:00pm EDT on Twitter, so right during the aftermath and confusion.

Me in Reverse posted:

Guys, I DM'ed him "Too soon". Obviously I'm the hero.

This made me laugh, though.

Politicalrancor posted:

JEN KIRKMAN HAS ESCAPED FROM THE INTERNET!

I like Jen Kirkman a lot but she had this little thing where she boycotted Twitter because people were calling her misogynistic names. Then she started an eCrusade about it. So every time the Jen Kirkman trapped in the internet segment appears, I always think of that, and the (unintentional) double meaning makes me laugh.

Note: I just think a comedian should have thick skin, and everything said on the internet, especially by people who are straight up trolls, should be taken with a grain of salt.

escape artist fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Apr 18, 2013

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Jesus Christ, Pamela Murphy ruins every episode she's in. She's actually surpassed Tim Heideker as my least favorite guest because at least he's willing to improvise and play along with gags. All she does is repeat one joke over and over and over and over withut any variation.

Jen Kirkman was pretty funny, though.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I think I still have some goodwill left for Pamela Murphy from that I4H episode that she was hilarious in. But yeah, her character did nothing for me this time around.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Pam murphy's two prior characters are amazing tho. I'm listening to the new ep now so we will see.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I think that was a really great Would You Rather at least.

I may be remembering this wrong, but it seems like in the early episodes people would drop characters after a segment if it seemed like they weren't going anywhere. It would have helped a lot if Pamela had done that this episode. The premise of that character was really thin and could not stretch to cover the whole episode.

Jen Kirkman was very funny though, I hope she's on CBB again.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The guests for monday's episode: https://twitter.com/mradamscott/status/324996052354752513/photo/1

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

gently caress yes.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

God dammit Monday's too far away.

Reeses

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Oh god the weekend can't end fast enough :ohdear:.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

oooooooooooh shiiiiiiitttt

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Greggy posted:

I think that was a really great Would You Rather at least.

I may be remembering this wrong, but it seems like in the early episodes people would drop characters after a segment if it seemed like they weren't going anywhere. It would have helped a lot if Pamela had done that this episode. The premise of that character was really thin and could not stretch to cover the whole episode.

I dunno, I kept getting a kick out of Scott's disgust every time she said documentary.

And that is awesome news about Monday.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Life is good.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I keep winding the hands of my clock but time is not going any faster hurry up Monday DAMMIT.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Who cares......

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Is that a band, just kidding?

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Guys...I...hosed a penguin.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If you show him a nipple, you can get him to show him your dick.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Guys, if you work out in a hot room YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT.

e: The biggest podcast scandal of 2012 is obviously when PFT scammed the votes by asking his followers to vote on his own episode. Everyone know what the best episode of 2012 really was.
It was episode 162 with Andy Samberg and Adam Pally

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 19, 2013

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Oh, hell yes.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Zsinjeh posted:

Guys, if you work out in a hot room YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT.

"If you do jumping jacks, in a cold room, YOU WILL GAIN WEIGHT."
"What about the Everest attempts?"
"...PUSSIES."

Great Harris cameo on Parks & Rec tonight.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I need me some god drat FOAM CORNER

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

JethroMcB posted:

Great Harris cameo on Parks & Rec tonight.

I almost died. He's been great in all of his appearances on Parks & Rec this year, this was just a beautiful cherry on top.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
For those who missed it, Harris Wittels is the Pawnee champion of completely filling cups up with cum.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
How was Patton on the show?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

escape artist posted:

How was Patton on the show?

Pretty great. They only used like 45 seconds of his 8 minute improv Star Wars VII rant, though.

scary ghost dog posted:

For those who missed it, Harris Wittels is the Pawnee champion of completely filling cups up with cum.

"...and I'm Harris."

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Apr 19, 2013

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

Pretty great. They only used like 45 seconds of his 8 minute improv Star Wars VII rant, though.

Here's the whole thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BBhNkywMJY

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
CBB has completely ruined the term "my wife" for me. I cannot hear it in real life without feeling the need repeat it a la Borat.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

drainpipe posted:

CBB has completely ruined the term "my wife" for me. I cannot hear it in real life without feeling the need repeat it a la Borat.

I'm to the point where a handwritten "Free Wi-Fi" sign in a business window makes me immediately think:

Freakin' Saucerman.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I will always chuckle whenever someone in my friend circle mentions something that can be interpreted as a Borat reference. It's that rare thing that has passed beyond being beaten to the ground and into the funny 2.0, both being terribly beaten but still hilarious.

heh, Borat. Nice.
YES VERY NICEEEE

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

drainpipe posted:

I actually involuntarily did this at work the other day, and my shame knows no bounds. I still laughed at myself, though.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I have a friend at work who does the "MY WIFE" schtick and he's never heard a podcast in his life. It's kinda weird.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I can explain that. See, there was this movie called Borat...

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Mr. Squishy posted:

I can explain that. See, there was this movie called Borat...

Surely you mean Bruno.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Brock Samson posted:

Surely you mean Bruno.

Great avatar. Great show. Great portrayal of Lecter.

For the record, because I'm dumb-- Scott Aukerman is making these Borat references ironically, right? Because I always assumed that.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I kinda hope you're making these posts ironically.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Fallom posted:

I kinda hope you're making these posts ironically.

Thanks for the contribution!

Of course I think they're doing it ironically, I would just like confirmation. Because, in my mind, Borat is a terrible movie, but a great deal of CBB's "friends of the show" wrote for it, so there's a bit of doubt in my mind.

escape artist fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Scott makes Borat references because they're funny.

e: To be clear, because I think maybe you're new to the show, we're talking exclusively about one Borat reference (my wife) and it's been a running joke for years now. But the reason Scott and others on the show say it is because it's funny.

Also, Scott loves dumb jokes so there's that.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Apr 22, 2013