Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Coordinated groups in Trouble in Terrorist Town would be incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Fog
Dec 27, 2012

Uba Stij posted:

Trouble in Terrorist Town or Death Run would probably be a good place to start with that.

Man, I'd totally be down for some TTT griefing.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Sign me up too.

Powerstone
May 30, 2010

What the fuck is this?
I'm game for some of that.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

I'd be keen for some TTT griefing but it'd have to wait until I get a better mic/fix my current one :/

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
All the talk of terrorist town got me back into it again. It's a real poo poo show now. Even joining a server is a hassle. They all have a million extra models and sound effects and bullshit to download.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dr_Amazing posted:

All the talk of terrorist town got me back into it again. It's a real poo poo show now. Even joining a server is a hassle. They all have a million extra models and sound effects and bullshit to download.

Also they are full of idiots who wouldn't know traitor from a hole in the ground. The easiest way to grief is to just work with some friends and collude. It makes you impossible to kill and makes it much easier to frame people you don't like.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

Basically in TTT just deviate from the norm! Do things like smash the traitor detector if they have it, warn that everyone who approaches you will be shot and then actually follow through on that threat, etc. It gets people so mad when you act unpredictable or even just uncooperative. Also, bait people into killing you and losing karma so that no one will trust them:

"YellerBill, are you a traitor?"

"Maybe"

*the guy shoots me*

"FUK U YELLER U WERE INNOCENT NOW I LOST KARMA YOU rear end in a top hat!!!1!"

Little kids are so cute when they're mad at you for something that's their fault :devil:

But seriously, why do those people care so much about karma?

Doctor Doodler
Feb 14, 2012

YellerBill posted:

Basically in TTT just deviate from the norm! Do things like smash the traitor detector if they have it, warn that everyone who approaches you will be shot and then actually follow through on that threat, etc. It gets people so mad when you act unpredictable or even just uncooperative. Also, bait people into killing you and losing karma so that no one will trust them:

"YellerBill, are you a traitor?"

"Maybe"

*the guy shoots me*

"FUK U YELLER U WERE INNOCENT NOW I LOST KARMA YOU rear end in a top hat!!!1!"

Little kids are so cute when they're mad at you for something that's their fault :devil:

You do less damage if you have low karma, and some servers kick you for having karma that's too low. It usually resets every map reset so it doesn't really matter unless the rounds are long.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Thought this would be appropriate here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBooIYEK6fY

Background info for those who don't play Dark Souls:
The PC version has a lot of people using Cheat Engine, and being a console port there's nothing in place to stop it. Many are just using CE to save time, but others are running around with poo poo like health that instantly resets itself to maxInt when damaged or weapons with impossible stats. However, things like a Kill Plane (things you fall through that recognize it's too far to the ground below and trigger a falling death) will set player health to 0 instantly and declare death before Cheat Engine can intervene.

Indictment is a game mechanic that marks players for poor conduct and allows a particular group of players (Blades of Darkmoon covenant) to invade their game and kill them. In practice it's only ever used by sore losers (since most mature people accept that indicting a cheater doesn't solve anything and PvP in this game is utterly ruthless).

Knowing that, the above video should make most of you smile.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
What, I love getting indicted! It means I get to murder blue dudes too.

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

Yeah, I didn't know people didn't like to be indicted, they get to be ranked on the sin high score board, they get to be invaded by Darkmoons, seems like a win-win for everyone. I thought that was the whole point!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I mean, it does ostensibly make crybabies feel better about getting murdered (PvP is entirely optional in that game, you can only be invaded if you are in Human form, which is optional), but the spot they're fighting in is one of a few "this is where everyone goes to duel" type spots. Some people will indict because "yay more fighting" but now that I'm off my phone and can watch the vid, that was definitely a rage indict. Dude was mad that he stopped being able poo poo up duels with his infinite health, maxed stats bullshit for a moment.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I think it only adds to the video that the cheater is clearly horrible at the game.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

I think it only adds to the video that the cheater is clearly horrible at the game.

Those are my favorite kinds of cheaters. I'm not very good at most of the games I play online either, but unless they're doing something to make themselves literally invincible they're normally really easy to take out by just avoiding whatever their cheat is. Dude's speedhacking in an FPS? Figure out his path and timing and headshot him every round. Wall hacking? Lure him into really obvious traps. They're normally too bad at the game to figure out how to avoid your counter and ragequit.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Brain Fog posted:

Man, I'd totally be down for some TTT griefing.

Oh please, dabbled in TTT and the potential for pubby rage is ginormous.

Though most of the mods are garbage (looking at you dark rp) but stalker is by far the best fun I have had in ages.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

Infinite health: Uses a healing item anyway. :laugh:

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Zereth posted:

Infinite health: Uses a healing item anyway. :laugh:

No, you see, if he acts like he's getting hurt maybe the other guy won't realize he's cheating! Don't want to have people thinking he's a chump.

Brain Fog
Dec 27, 2012

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Oh please, dabbled in TTT and the potential for pubby rage is ginormous.

Though most of the mods are garbage (looking at you dark rp) but stalker is by far the best fun I have had in ages.

Is Stalker the game mode that's basically Hidden:Source in GMod?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YellerBill posted:

My only non-serious guess is that they're obsessed with Reddit and think Karma equates to real life popularity.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Brain Fog posted:

Is Stalker the game mode that's basically Hidden:Source in GMod?

Yes, but it hasn't been totally abandoned.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Uba Stij posted:

My only non-serious guess is that they're obsessed with Reddit and think Karma equates to real life popularity.

That's pretty much it - everyone likes to have other people tell them their ideas are good. Karma is a way to numerically represent approval on the internet for people who need to try to turn human interaction into a number.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Magres posted:

That's pretty much it - everyone likes to have other people tell them their ideas are good. Karma is a way to numerically represent approval on the internet for people who need to try to turn human interaction into a number.

It's also a score of sorts. I don't think it's about approval for everyone. Some will want high karma (both in Dark Souls and Reddit) for the competition aspect of it (even if that's all in their heads).

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

quote:

TTT griefing

Our latest fieldtrip: http://youtu.be/AIfBEFj0BLk

This video is sort of mediocre, but the play is killing everyone else on the server as quickly as possible and then running out the round microphone spamming and dancing in circles. Our crew probably is the reason GMod doesn't allow animations anymore; kids didn't appreciate hosed-up hitboxes and someone stripteasing killing them with bullets shot out of their weiners. Best of all the pubbies will wait out their entire 10-12 minutes in ghost mode planning their revenge, only to be immediately killed again, rinse and repeat.

I believe our last PGS thread dedicated to TTT has slipped into the archives; if it can't be dug up I'll make a new one shortly.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

tomanton posted:

This video is sort of mediocre, but the play is killing everyone else on the server as quickly as possible and then running out the round microphone spamming and dancing in circles. Our crew probably is the reason GMod doesn't allow animations anymore; kids didn't appreciate hosed-up hitboxes and someone stripteasing killing them with bullets shot out of their weiners. Best of all the pubbies will wait out their entire 10-12 minutes in ghost mode planning their revenge, only to be immediately killed again, rinse and repeat.

I believe our last PGS thread dedicated to TTT has slipped into the archives; if it can't be dug up I'll make a new one shortly.

A thread in PGS to coordinate and discuss plans would be excellent.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Was hidden the one that was basically Predator? That was another game that was pretty sweet if you got a good group of people, but was super easy to get poo poo up by dumbasses.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Yeah, Hidden was a bunch of commandos on one team and a single invisible guy with bombs and a knife on the other.

circlen
Mar 21, 2009

tomanton posted:

GMod still allows act animations but the nerd that created TTT has blocked all of the act commands due to repeated "act muscle/bow/wave/etc" spamming breaking hitboxes.
We still have a few more tricks up our sleeves though, keep your eyes on the PGS forum for a TTT related thread!

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

circlen posted:

GMod still allows act animations but the nerd that created TTT has blocked all of the act commands due to repeated "act muscle/bow/wave/etc" spamming breaking hitboxes.
We still have a few more tricks up our sleeves though, keep your eyes on the PGS forum for a TTT related thread!

Animations are still in Gmod Jailbreak but pretty much everyone who willingly plays prisoner on that mode is a griefer anyway, and they'll just votekick all the guards for RDM after taunting the guards into killing them.

Edit: I learned this the hard way after playing as a guard and shooting a guy for trying to escape.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Jokes about how out of touch with reality GMod enthusiasts are pretty much write themselves. For example, what do you call a GMod player with a Homestuck name, using a Hitler player model, framed by a Pokemon quote, wearing a Twilight Princess hat? A moderator.

Thread's up. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3545470

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
That mod looks like something a goon would do as a joke.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

Buried alive posted:

That mod looks like something a goon would do as a joke.

Welcome to Gmod.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

So I think I just got trolled in Trouble in Terrorist Town. I joined a game and holed up in a room and said "I'm shooting whoever comes in here" and I did. Then the next two rounds while it was still in the preparing countdown I got killed as punishment for killing a dude once. I...don't understand.

Twenty Drunk Apes
Jun 17, 2012

The mane you say? Please note that this is a pity avatar because even bronies feel sorry for this poster so :effort:.
Did you say which room it was?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Len posted:

So I think I just got trolled in Trouble in Terrorist Town. I joined a game and holed up in a room and said "I'm shooting whoever comes in here" and I did. Then the next two rounds while it was still in the preparing countdown I got killed as punishment for killing a dude once. I...don't understand.

It's been said before. TTT players are, by and large, idiots who don't want to ever want to die for any reason. I once got a "warning slay" because I successfully deduced who the traitor was based on the fact that 1) I was with the guy beside me the entire round, 2)the traitor I killed had low health and 3) it was only us 3 alive at the time.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's been said before. TTT players are, by and large, idiots who don't want to ever want to die for any reason. I once got a "warning slay" because I successfully deduced who the traitor was based on the fact that 1) I was with the guy beside me the entire round, 2)the traitor I killed had low health and 3) it was only us 3 alive at the time.

Logic is worse than hacking :colbert:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Improbable Lobster posted:

I once got a "warning slay" because I successfully deduced who the traitor was based on the fact that 1) I was with the guy beside me the entire round, 2)the traitor I killed had low health and 3) it was only us 3 alive at the time.

Seriously, it can't be said enough how stupid these people are. You could literally be walking along, hear gunshots, see someone run by with low health, go where they just came from and find a dead innocent but god help you if you killed that person without explicitly watching them mow down that innocent, even if there were zero other entrances to that room. TTT can actually be really fun once in a blue moon when you find a server without all the idiotic, sterile house-rules BS, when you get to have a proper murder-mystery or two. A shame that's getting more and more rare, since kiddies and idiots cry if they can't pull out their mental gymnastics rulefuckery to "win" every round.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 24, 2013

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

Magres posted:

Logic is worse than hacking :colbert:
The best indemnity against fevered nerd rage is to explain yourself beforehand, once they get it in their heads you deserve punishment, all reasoning is useless. Consider the popular refrain of "Why did you RDM me?" which is short for "Why did you kill me for no reason?" Their minds are already made up.

Once toward the end of a round with dead friends telling me over Skype what was up, I bullshitted "I think the last two of you are both traitors, you seem to trust eachother, but there's only one dead traitor so there's no way you could both be confirmed innocent", which is incredibly loving flimsy logic but I nuked them and everyone praised me. Another time playing legit I killed a traitor obviously about to knife me, then mounted a defense that would have made Socrates proud ("So you're saying I couldn't be sure you were a traitor for cornering me in an isolated area, because you might have just been messing with me? But that's against your server rules and you're a moderator, so you were either breaking the rules or a traitor") I got kicked for disrespect, presumably for not relenting on being right.

Being smarter than a pubbie in TTT is never a written violation of the rules, but it's the one they'll never forgive you for.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Spending your time on that game at all sounds like griefing yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

victrix posted:

Spending your time on that game at all sounds like griefing yourself

self-griefing is a recurring and cherished theme in this thread.

• Locked thread