Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Everyone know's about the freight train of Chris jokes that is his Bugle wiki page right?
http://bugle.wikia.com/wiki/Chris_the_Producer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Haha http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/04/16/16/59/us-reporter-says-australia-comfortably-racist

637 comments :stare:

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Wow, that reads like the defensive facebook reaction to Margaret Thatcher. So many people stating an argument and supporting it with completely contradictory evidence, or better yet, actually being racist after claiming not to be. John Oliver, what have you wrought on yourself? Host of the Daily Show right there folks, pissing off the world, the right way.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
The best part is that John Oliver is now a reporter!

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

A possibly comfortably racist Australian posted:

Let me guess, American comes in, interviews a pack of right wing d---heads and we're all tarred with the same brush. ***YAWN*** It's like me going to the deep south, interviewing a couple of 'good old boys' and saying all Americans hate black people. It’s a nonsense

Wait, The American is involved now?

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
Merch is finally up for purchase!

http://thebuglepodcast.com/bugle-merchandise/

There's a link for UK and US orders. Two mugs, some shirts, a hat and a bumper sticker.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

TheArtist 314 posted:

There's a link for UK and US orders. Two mugs, some shirts, a hat and a bumper sticker.

About time!

...though, at $31.37 for a t-shirt, with the lame new logo, I'll have to pass.

(Seriously, what was wrong with )?

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

TheArtist 314 posted:

Part of me is scared to get a shirt as they might have printed an unexpected pun run on the back and not mentioned/shown that on the website

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Heners_UK posted:

Everyone know's about the freight train of Chris jokes that is his Bugle wiki page right?
http://bugle.wikia.com/wiki/Chris_the_Producer

I didn't know there was a Bugle wiki, but now I have to read the whole stupid thing. :argh:

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

WoG posted:

I've always wondered that. Was there a particular reason why they wanted a new logo? The old one has a very simple design looks pretty drat awesome.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

WoG posted:

Furthermore, why is the tagline "Powerhosing premium-grade satirical hogwash all over planet Earth since 2007" instead of the far more succinct and memorable "Audio newspaper for a visual world"? :mad:

slartibartfast
Nov 13, 2002
:toot:

drainpipe posted:

I've always wondered that. Was there a particular reason why they wanted a new logo? The old one has a very simple design looks pretty drat awesome.

If I had to take a totally uninformed guess, I'd wager that the bugle silhouette logo was made in about 30 seconds by an employee of Times Online on their lunch break as a favor. If that's the case, then it's the intellectual property of NewsCorp and our favorite bullshit peddlers could get their asses handed to them in court if they sold merchandise for profit containing somebody else's logo.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Well the mugs have the old logo on the back it looks like, so I doubt that's the reason.

I like the new logo though :colbert:

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I really want to read the Bugle's profile on Christian Mingle.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
I laughed incredibly hard when they got to "By the way, you were spot on about the bucket of lobsters".

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
All I could think of were the Old Furry Lobsters from John Hodgman's books.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Has the Bugle found love with clowns yet?

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Jesus Christ, this week's introduction is seeeeeeennnnnnsational. Andy's broken the bullshit-o-meter with this one.

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?
Yep. My eyes kind of glazed over during the lawyer bits, but my god that intro was chock full of some high-density bullshit from Andy.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Man they were not lying about the "picture Norman Tebbit" test. I couldn't possibly have gotten it more right in my mind.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Something about the way Jon called Marine Le Pen a "record-breaking bitch" just slayed me :laffo:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
The latest microbugle makes me really want Andy to sell some stand-up DVDs. There is so little of his stand-up available on the internet and I could never see him live since I didn't live in the UK.

Any of you ever seen him live? How was he?

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
I saw him live last year - it was only a small venue and I think the audience was almost all Buglers. He was very good. His live show had more overtly political stuff, but still rife with pun runs and esoteric references.

I'd really recommend him, but I imagine that I'm preaching to the choir.

He has had a couple of series on BBC Radio Andy Zaltzman's History of the Third Millenium and Political Animal with John. I don't know if they're available on the BBC i-player or on CD.

He's also done lots of bits and pieces on British comedy podcasts - I think he's on the first episode of Pappy's Flatshare Slamdown - a podcast panel show run by a comedy troupe. His sister Helen Zaltzman runs a podcast called Answer Me This which he's guested on a couple of times. It's a comedy podcast too, but very different to the Bugle.

I think he's done bits of his stand up and interviews for various Edinburgh Fringe Podcasts - the Guardian ones (when they were around) and I think he did Richard Herring's Edinburgh Fringe Podcast.

The UK comedy podcast scene is pretty incestuous, so most comedians who podcast tend to show up on each others podcasts.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
I think he sometimes is a guest on the Now Show as well.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Doubtful Guest posted:

The UK comedy podcast scene is pretty incestuous, so most comedians who podcast tend to show up on each others podcasts.

Well, America is kind of the same, with your Marc Maron 'different guest every episode' style shows needing guests all the time giving some people a career out of podhopping (new term, just coined, inform Oxford dictionaries immediately), the difference is just that the UK comedy scene has a lower population in a denser space, compared to America which is massive. This makes the 'old boys club' feeling seem more obvious over here in the UK, as it is harder to exhaust the roster of an entire continent, after all,. But nonetheless, you notice some podcasts that recycle guests within a region.

That, plus podcasts here are usually hosted by ex-cast members of the same five or so channels (Beeb, ITV, Channel 4, Dave more recently, so on) that are relevant in the UK, which probably does not help that incestuous image.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Another Person posted:

But nonetheless, you notice some podcasts that recycle guests within a region.
Plus the UK only has one city where every standup lives whilst the US has LA and New York on differend sides of the country.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

elwood posted:

I think he sometimes is a guest on the Now Show as well.

And he's the sports guy for 7-Day Sunday too!

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Doubtful Guest posted:

Thanks for this. I've been wanting for some more Zaltzman in my life. 38-45 minutes per week of bullshit isn't enough and I'm not enough of a cricket understander to get his Cricinfo blog.

EDIT: I just realized that the current Bugle logo reminds me of The Three Stooges.

I'll just assume Chris looks like Curly.

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 4, 2013

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

And he's the sports guy for 7-Day Sunday too!

Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhat a week it's been in sports!

But really that Norwegian gig sounded top-notch indeed.

Oh and by the way. Some poo poo is seriously about to hit the fan. Because:

:siren:British government to apologize to former colony over things Britain did in the past:siren:

I can see the queue from here.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brigadier Sockface posted:

Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhat a week it's been in sports!

But really that Norwegian gig sounded top-notch indeed.

Oh and by the way. Some poo poo is seriously about to hit the fan. Because:

:siren:British government to apologize to former colony over things Britain did in the past:siren:

I can see the queue from here.

I was just listening to the show where they talked about the Amritsa (sp?) massacre and the Koh-i-noor diamond. I love it when John hears the stories and cracks up, saying "We were cartoon villains!"

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

The British Museum will remain an active crime scene for many, many years to come though, don't you worry about that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I would not be shocked if the UK is working behind the scenes helping Greece's economy go down the shitter since they want to get some more exhibits.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bobkatt013 posted:

I would not be shocked if the UK is working behind the scenes helping Greece's economy go down the shitter since they want to get some more exhibits.

New exhibit in the British Museum: the Parthenon.

McBeth
Jul 11, 2006
Odeipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
I feel like it's been so long since we've heard from the American, has he died of something stupid to be profiled on Tosh.0? Andy said on twitter he's pretty sure we'll get a new Bugle this week.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
I'm curious if John will ever have time to do a Bugle now this summer.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Brigadier Sockface posted:

I'm curious if John will ever have time to do a Bugle now this summer.

In the Bugle he announced the date, he did say they'd like to do a Bugle each week but (something along the lines of) "if possible, my input will be even more worthless"

ieatsoap6
Nov 4, 2009

College Slice
I haven't listened to it yet, but I love the name of this week's episode. "Istanbul's hit"

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

ieatsoap6 posted:

I haven't listened to it yet, but I love the name of this week's episode. "Istanbul's hit"

Oh boy I never even noticed the pun till just now.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Top quality John-song this week, annoyed he didn't sing Istanbul (Not Constantinople) because it's been stuck in my head and I love John's singing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
So who's looking forward to tomorrow night?

• Locked thread