Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Edit: blah. Awful app is well named

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Spender is panel 8 is a paradigm of grace.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Prison Warden posted:

Zack has mentioned the colour thing before though not in comic. It seems like a good idea ime to bring this up, since I first heard that tool use is linked to spectral energy colour it made me reconsider Spenders line about Max's black energy being common. A common spectral energy colour might be a good thing since it means there are lots of possibilities available when it comes to tool use.

On the other hand, black being a common energy color for spectrals doesn't necessarily mean it is for spirits.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

YES bread posted:

On the other hand, black being a common energy color for spectrals doesn't necessarily mean it is for spirits.

True. it also assumes that having a hungry spirit sucking your spectral energy is a good thing and not just something Spectrals have to live with.

Erasey spirit being inside a pencil continues the theme of tools having a thematic link to their powers.

So far we have black, red, yellow, green, black and blue. Nice to see the activity club isn't doing something dumb like doubling up on colours

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Prison Warden posted:

True. it also assumes that having a hungry spirit sucking your spectral energy is a good thing and not just something Spectrals have to live with.

Well, given Mr Spender's reaction, having multiple spirits inside your head could be problematic.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Prison Warden posted:

So far we have black, red, yellow, green, black and blue.

And pink!

Coach Sport
Jul 3, 2003
And we care about this shitty poster...why?
I have a feeling that Mr Spender is going to turn out to be a villain. Dude seems like some sort of ghost-racist, what with not trusting Isaac and keeping his own spirit on what is apparently a tight leash (I bet the "delicate balance" he refers to is contingent on keeping secrets from his spirit, which is why he is trying to avoid allowing it to interact with other spirits). Plus guys like the frog and doorman apparently have reason to dislike spectrals for using spirits as tools. Maybe the typical relationship between spectral and tool is more abusive than what we've been led to believe?

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
There seems to be good reason for paranoia, what with the bat possessing max without his knowledge.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I want to get

tattooed to the inside of my eyelids.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Coach Sport posted:

I have a feeling that Mr Spender is going to turn out to be a villain. Dude seems like some sort of ghost-racist, what with not trusting Isaac
It's not that he doesn't trust Isaac, it's that he doesn't want to tell Isaac's spirit certain things and it's a bit harder to punt Isaac's ghost over a couch.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Penguingo posted:

I want to get

Next-best thing: get it as an avatar! Just be sure to flip it so Spender's constantly shrinking back in disgust from your shitposting.

Fake Edit: If you do, make sure you outline that poo poo. Ain't nobody wants to see an un-outlined av :colbert:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tollymain posted:

Next-best thing: get it as an avatar! Just be sure to flip it so Spender's constantly shrinking back in disgust from your shitposting.

Fake Edit: If you do, make sure you outline that poo poo. Ain't nobody wants to see an un-outlined av :colbert:
Both of these are important but by god, especially the latter,

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I think it'd look great animated flipping horizontally, fast and randomly.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Blackheart posted:

I think it'd look great animated flipping horizontally, fast and randomly.

PARTY HAR-euuuugh

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!

Tupperwarez posted:

PARTY HAR-euuuugh

I'm getting dizzy looking at this thing.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

How 'bout

Nope nope nope nope

Two different speeds, but maybe it was funnier in my head.

edit: by the way they're free for the taking, if you like 'em.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 17, 2013

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Blackheart posted:

How 'bout

Nope nope nope nope

G-G-G-G-GHOSTS!?

Alternatively, P-P-P-P-POSTS!?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Blackheart posted:

How 'bout

Nope nope nope nope

This is strangely mesmerizing.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Somebody make one that starts at this speed:

Then goes to this speed:

And then goes to this speed:

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

I'm getting dizzy looking at this thing.

TIA.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I was watching something linked from the funny panels thread and now it looks like Spender is just dancin' away.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
So, if they took the plunger bit off the stick bit would the tool just break or would the stick or the head become the tool or would it be kind of split in two or what?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
My guess is that the spirit would be released and have to re-possess one of the parts or another item entirely. Zack mentioned in the comments somewhere that a tool has to be a 'conceptual whole'. So, racist frogwhale bonds with the plunger, but once you take it apart it's no longer a plunger, it's a stick and a big suction cup thingy, thus breaking the bond/possession. That's my take on it anyway, it'll probably come up sometime in the future.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
Or Tools are just indestructible

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Lance Streetman posted:

Have it link to this and have the title text be "Don't scroll to the end."

By the way, don't scroll to the end of that link. Or if you do, don't scream.

I scrolled to the end, with a contented cat on my lap, and screamed, and now I'm bleeding a little. Thanks a lot.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Have we seen that bird before? It seems familiar, for some reason, but maybe it's just a weird bird with human hands.

Also, I love Isabel's line, of course.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I wasn't too crazy about Ed. He just seemed over the top wacky, but between him drawing a new face on himself ans the fairly clever line in today's comic is winning me over.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
ed whatre you doing thats a suckers bet you chump

Murkyhumor
Jul 24, 2006

This is Not a Pipe.
Fun Shoe

PleasingFungus posted:

Have we seen that bird before? It seems familiar, for some reason, but maybe it's just a weird bird with human hands.

Today has the best alt text.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

PleasingFungus posted:

I don't recall, but that bird spirit looks amazing.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I love Isabel's Sweatshirt-cape deal. It's a perfect way to use your amazingly flexible paper powers.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Next title page is up. I'm excited already :allears:

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh

Penguingo posted:

I want to get

If no one else has, I'd like to claim it as an avatar, only can someone outline it for me? I'm clueless with that stuff. Also what would be a good quote? The only thing I can think of is Euuuuuuuugh

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
I am intensely hyped for this chapter. That title page is pretty great.

Also,

quote:

(I’m going to try and make putting together a Paranatural book my project for the summer).
:holy:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

kidcoelacanth posted:

I hope Isaac's going to learn how to Suplex in this chapter.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Meowjesty posted:

I am intensely hyped for this chapter. That title page is pretty great.

Also,
:holy:

I wonder if that means he'll go back over the first few uncolored/inked pages?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm excited for Ghost Train. But the important question is will someone suplex it?

edit:

Brannock posted:

I hope Isaac's going to learn how to Suplex in this chapter.

Curse yooooooou

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Karanas posted:

If no one else has, I'd like to claim it as an avatar, only can someone outline it for me? I'm clueless with that stuff. Also what would be a good quote? The only thing I can think of is Euuuuuuuugh

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

flatluigi posted:

I wonder if that means he'll go back over the first few uncolored/inked pages?

Probably? I guess we'll see! I've never tried to print a book but I have to imagine that his first few pages weren't made with printing in mind.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mirror it though. It should face the posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Cat Mattress posted:

Mirror it though. It should face the posts.

Here you go!