Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

GulagDolls posted:

no. it's a joke. WHOEVER is making HGJ ( I am not looking up) is not an actual anti-semite. lazerbot had actual tacky views about gay people. also, it's okay to make fun of those "on top of the food chain," and jews are secretly controlling all of the banks.

Also HGJ got started due to a comment that said "I would read a comic if Hitler wrote it." So you have to take into context that the entire thing is being written from Hitler's point of view!!!!!!!

Ah, it's ironic anti-Semitism. Well that makes it ok.

Quick, someone make a Civil War version. We can have someone draw some ironic lynchings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It was kinda funny for one or two pages as a one-off joke, but then the novelty wore off, and novelty was all it had going for it.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

It being unfunny is one thing, but I think you would have to be a literal retard, the kind of strawman that Lazerbot swiftly executes in his comics, to be offended by it. It is drawn by a fictional Hitler and features the sonic crew in nazi uniforms killing jews because they were mean to hitler and is based on another comic that is drawn by a lunatic who regularly writes people he perceives as enemies into his comic for any perceived slight, no matter how imaginary. If you cannot understand the implications of this, then, "Godspeed."

GulagDolls fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Apr 22, 2013

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

GulagDolls posted:

It being unfunny is one thing, but I think you would have to be a literal retard, the kind of strawman that Lazerbot swiftly executes in his comics, to be offended by it.

Jokes and "irony" are active acts of oppression. Are you really going to stick up for the sick mind peddling this cultural filth? Would you have us all sterilized for our literal retardation?

I'm being ironic :ssh:

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Oh, thanks for explaining the joke, guys. Flew right over my head, that clever bit of satire.

I get the stupid "Hitler Gets Jewed" comic. It was funny for one page as a "shock value" kind of thing but it's quickly heading towards offensive and criminally moronic at top speed. Not really sure why you all feel the need to go to bat for it, though. Is this one of those Reddit-style "my freedom of speech!!!" things?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Because, moronic as it may be, it's not offensive to rational human beings, no matter how much tumblr rhetoric you use.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Litany Unheard posted:

Is this one of those Reddit-style "my freedom of speech!!!" things?

Yes, and we're also pedophile atheist bronies. Wearing fedoras.

Are you seriously offended by the sight of cartoon Stalin beating up on a couple of pseudo-Yiddish-talking trolls?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Jesus Christ this loving thread.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

I'd argue with you but it won't go anywhere. I'll just report that the thread is garbage and move on. Enjoy your lighthearted ribbing of the Jews.

Really, nothing good comes out of this thread anymore. If the best you have to look forward to is Hitler Gets Jewed and another page of lovely Naruto fan-fiction drawn by an illiterate it's probably time to pack it in. Hopefully a mod or lack of interest kills this soon.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Hitler Gets Jewed lost it's luster after the third or fourth page, but getting legitimately offended that a comic about shadow the hedgehog beating up internet trolls was MSPainted to look like Stalin-Zangief beating up Jews is seriously insane.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Phlegmish posted:

Are you seriously offended by the sight of cartoon Stalin beating up on a couple of pseudo-Yiddish-talking trolls?

I'm kind of uneasy about the idea of it, yes.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Alright. I thought it was funny, but then again I'm not Jewish. Maybe it's time we put both Hitler Gets Jewed and the thread to rest.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Litany Unheard posted:

I'd argue with you but it won't go anywhere. I'll just report that the thread is garbage and move on. Enjoy your lighthearted ribbing of the Jews.

Really, nothing good comes out of this thread anymore. If the best you have to look forward to is Hitler Gets Jewed and another page of lovely Naruto fan-fiction drawn by an illiterate it's probably time to pack it in. Hopefully a mod or lack of interest kills this soon.

How do you know it wouldn't go anywhere. You never said anything to begin with. If you swear enough in your next response, I might change my mind.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

How do you know it wouldn't go anywhere. You never said anything to begin with. If you swear enough in your next response, I might change my mind.

I said I found it offensive and that there is little artistic value in so-called ironic applications of bigotry.

And you responded that I was irrational, "a literal retard," and that I was spouting something that qualifies as "tumblr rhetoric." After that I assumed that there would be little value in trading ad-homs (which is about all you seem to bring to the table) over a lovely fancomic of a fancomic. So just drop it and let the thread get back on whatever qualifies as a track in here.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Litany Unheard posted:

Ah, it's ironic anti-Semitism. Well that makes it ok.

Quick, someone make a Civil War version. We can have someone draw some ironic lynchings.

Litany Unheard posted:

Oh, thanks for explaining the joke, guys. Flew right over my head, that clever bit of satire.

I get the stupid "Hitler Gets Jewed" comic. It was funny for one page as a "shock value" kind of thing but it's quickly heading towards offensive and criminally moronic at top speed. Not really sure why you all feel the need to go to bat for it, though. Is this one of those Reddit-style "my freedom of speech!!!" things?

Litany Unheard posted:

Litany Unheard posted:

I said I found it offensive and that there is little artistic value in so-called ironic applications of bigotry.

You literally could not be more high-and-mighty about your opinions on a parody of a comic where Elmer Fudd is a necromancer if you tried and this is why I love the internet

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
Man, this thread did a 180 on HGJ really quickly, seemed like it was the best thing ever a few days ago

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

GulagDolls posted:

also, it's okay to make fun of those "on top of the food chain," and jews are secretly controlling all of the banks.

This post is more antisemitic than HGJ. HGJ at least has for it that it is so mind-bogglingly stupid that it's impossible to take it seriously.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Whether it's offensive or not HGJ has run it's course though so it's best if everyone just moves on to making different edits/fan art/waiting for Lazerbot to drop the ultimate burn on the thread.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

At this point I think a screenshot of the conversations going on in this thread would be the biggest burn to SA. Good luck LB!

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Looks like its up to me then...but I gotta study right now. Here's hoping that someone will make something in the meantime and this thread won't get closed.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Oh god, now you've all gone and ruined Hitler Gets Jewed with your incessant glass tapping as well haven't you? loving goons!

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Tortuga posted:

Oh god, now you've all gone and ruined Hitler Gets Jewed with your incessant glass tapping as well haven't you? loving goons!

I will admit, the parallels are close enough to be hilarious.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

SaltLick posted:

At this point I think a screenshot of the conversations going on in this thread would be the biggest burn to SA.

All masterfully orchestrated by Lazerbot, of course.

I mentioned earlier that the comic is going to dissolve into GameGamesTroll.pdf, but I'd honestly read through it just to see what happens in the end. Shadow discovers the joy of love and friendship, Tails infiltrates the troll headquarters, the tower of Something is Awful, and results in pages of lavishly detailed executions of everyone who's posted in the thread, and finally Rob grows ears, but not where you'd expect them.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
You know, I've been slacking in my drawing lately, so I might as well kill two birds with one stone...I'm going to be doing some fan-art.
I've already got something in progress right now but if you have a character request I'd be happy to draw it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tortuga posted:

You could say the Glass Tapping ended up in the thread's Kristallnacht.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

scarycave posted:

You know, I've been slacking in my drawing lately, so I might as well kill two birds with one stone...I'm going to be doing some fan-art.
I've already got something in progress right now but if you have a character request I'd be happy to draw it.

Knuckles. I don't have any clever suggestions, but I've loved his interpretation in TGT.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
Hitler Gets Jewed is offensive because of how dumb and bad and run into the ground it is.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I hope nobody takes this as being anti-semetic, but this thread went from comedy gold to something that should be gassed.

Perfidia
Nov 25, 2007
It's a fact!
^^^
The first page (or two, I forget) was great but the attraction has lost power. Little Hitler going "lololololol" is still funny.

That loving Sned posted:

All masterfully orchestrated by Lazerbot, of course.

I mentioned earlier that the comic is going to dissolve into GameGamesTroll.pdf, but I'd honestly read through it just to see what happens in the end. Shadow discovers the joy of love and friendship, Tails infiltrates the troll headquarters, the tower of Something is Awful, and results in pages of lavishly detailed executions of everyone who's posted in the thread, and finally Rob grows ears, but not where you'd expect them.

If that weird guy exceutes me internetically, I am going to be so sad :(

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Bell_ posted:

I hope nobody takes this as being anti-semetic, but this thread went from comedy gold to something that should be gassed.
Sigh...

I really need to get off my rear end and finish that next motion comic to save this thread.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

JazzFlight posted:

Sigh...

I really need to get off my rear end and finish that next motion comic to save this thread.

No kidding. It is like when people start getting bored, they switch over to "well, I never actually liked the comic, and the whole thread has always sucked" and it is kinda bumming me out. :(

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Cat Mattress posted:

This post is more antisemitic than HGJ. HGJ at least has for it that it is so mind-bogglingly stupid that it's impossible to take it seriously.

Either this is a masterfully ironic post and I can't tell or we've reached some amazing new level of missing jokes

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Aramek posted:

No kidding. It is like when people start getting bored, they switch over to "well, I never actually liked the comic, and the whole thread has always sucked" and it is kinda bumming me out. :(

Nah it was a wild ride and it's still entertaining me, other than goons being all weird about it now.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

JazzFlight posted:

Sigh...

Once again, the fate of the thread falls on you, Jazzflight.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Calico Heart posted:

Once again, the fate of the thread falls on you, Jazzflight.

Thread is doomed. I hope when it goes the mod that kills it just empty quotes Scarycave's last gif post.

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah

Hellsau posted:

Thread is doomed. I hope when it goes the mod that kills it just empty quotes Scarycave's last gif post.

Alternatively, people could shut the gently caress up and not post if they are just going to post about how the thread is terrible, how the comic is terrible, they don't like some aspect of lazerbot, or about how offended they are by something. Instead, they could post funny jokes and edits/fan art(although this takes more effort).

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

scarycave posted:

I want to see your rendition of the tragedy of Sylvester and Tom. Let's feel some more of that old-fashioned TGT pathos up in here--two super-rad cat bros torn apart forever through the most malicious of trolling.

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

The end.

We now return you to your regularly(?) scheduled web-comic based around Sonic the Hedgehog fan fiction.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

:golfclap:

This had me in stiches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
your welcome