Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Easy fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

dantheman650 posted:

Well, I can never look at that the same again!

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 23, 2013

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I only own one movie poster, and while I have not yet hung it up, let me tell you I've got some big plans for it!

FunkyAl fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 23, 2013

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
DRAFTHOUSE FILMS and MARTIAL ARTS WORLD presents

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The greatest thing about the Miami Connection poster is that it's 100% accurate, right down to its fetish for letters and the opening thereof.

EDIT: More like 98% - the poster isn't able to convey just how jaw-dropping the songs are.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Apr 23, 2013

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

FunkyAl posted:

I only own one movie poster, and while I have not yet hung it up, let me tell you I've got some big plans for it!

This is exactly what that lovely Drive poster and video game poster from a few pages back were trying and failing so hard to be. Some day I'm going to catch that in the theater, come to NYC dammit!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I've got a few movie posters (Peter Pan, Blade Runner, among others) but I only have one framed movie poster:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

axleblaze posted:

poo poo, when I was listing the posters I have, I somehow left out the best one:

How have you managed to resist the urge to see if there's anything on that tape?

Soulwrangler
May 15, 2005

But the kids love us.

echoplex posted:

In terms of posters we have up, mine is endlessly predictable, but I've always loved this one. Mostly for the tagline; it's bold and incredulous - but delivered completely deadpan, and it nails the tone of the film.

I also enjoy the dark softness of the poster, the lack of the heroic stance, etc.

While I also have that poster I think that the original teaser poster for the film was a great piece and definitely used its mystique to its advantage. I wonder if the lack of title was to add to the "what is this" factor or if it was because the name wasn't cleared for use yet (the whole Ghostsmashers/Ghostbusters thing).

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

How have you managed to resist the urge to see if there's anything on that tape?

I don't have a working VCR anymore, and I don't want to gently caress up the poster, so I still haven't checked. I do seriously doubt there's anything on there anyways.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

axleblaze posted:

I don't have a working VCR anymore, and I don't want to gently caress up the poster, so I still haven't checked. I do seriously doubt there's anything on there anyways.

It's probably an audition tape from Joe Swanberg trying to have sex with amateur actors.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 6, 2014

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

boom boom boom posted:

I've only got one right now.

Is this anything like

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Yahoo Serious? Is that a person, or what?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Yahoo Serious? Is that a person, or what?

Australian comedian. Not very funny.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 6, 2014

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

simple. but nice.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

boom boom boom posted:

Is Young Einstein a retelling of the life of Buddha?

It's terrible, but's kind of insane too. Worth a watch just to see how weird it is at times.

Yahoo Serious' other work is completely and utterly forgettable though.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It's terrible, but's kind of insane too. Worth a watch just to see how weird it is at times.

Yahoo Serious' other work is completely and utterly forgettable though.

I love how his IMDb profile has exactly 3 acting credits, the 3 movies he directed and acted in. No bit parts, no tv appearances, no cameos, just those 3 movies. He made them and then completely disappeared.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Thanks for making me remember Yahoo Serious, jerks.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

I'm not a great Movie Nerd but I have this (not framed and without the actor names) and I love it. It's modern and somewhat old-school at the same time.

Are there any good Django Posters? There is a big empty space right next to it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

General Bort posted:

I'm not a great Movie Nerd but I have this (not framed and without the actor names) and I love it. It's modern and somewhat old-school at the same time.

Are there any good Django Posters? There is a big empty space right next to it.

These are all GIS results so most of them are probably fan posters. The first one is definitely a theatrical poster though.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I've had a soft spot for this underrated movie ever since I was a kid. I seem to recall an album cover by the Protomen being done in this style as well.

Here's a fan poster, which wouldn't be out of place as a graphic novel cover.

Naturally, this wouldn't be the movie poster thread without a minimalist poster:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Ghostpilot posted:

I seem to recall an album cover by the Protomen being done in this style as well.

Indeed they did and I'll just post it because it was a pretty sweet cover:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's an awesome album too, provided you like 80s-style rock opera.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

drat, Dafoe at any age would have made a good Joker, but especially when he was younger.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

axleblaze posted:

Indeed they did and I'll just post it because it was a pretty sweet cover:

Wait, isn't this the band that sings about Megaman? :psyduck:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Yep. They are far better than a band that makes rock operas (loosely) based on Megaman have any right to be.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ghostpilot posted:

Naturally, this wouldn't be the movie poster thread without a minimalist poster:

I was picturing something like this before I scrolled down to it. This thread has conditioned me to expect that if I see a bunch of good posters, it will be followed by one that utterly shits the bed.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Technically, yes, but it's kinda its own thing that just happens to take some concepts from Megaman. Act II has literally nothing to do with Megaman except for one character being named Thomas Light and another one being named Albert Wily, and I don't think they actually say either full name anywhere in the lyrics.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
I've never heard this tagline, it's pretty good.

I just like this. You see the collage look a lot in Japanese posters of a certain age.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

axleblaze posted:

Yep. They are far better than a band that makes rock operas (loosely) based on Megaman have any right to be.
Frankly though, aren't all rock operas innately silly? So why not make one about Megaman?

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Ez posted:

I love how his IMDb profile has exactly 3 acting credits, the 3 movies he directed and acted in. No bit parts, no tv appearances, no cameos, just those 3 movies. He made them and then completely disappeared.

I believe he tried to sue Yahoo! back in the day over their name.

As for what posters I have, I only have one.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

joedevola posted:

Seriously? Its a pretty well known tag line:

And we really need a moratorium on the gun-touching-forehead pose.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Wow, I'd never seen this poster. I love it.

I've probably posted these before, but I really want at least one of them for my wall at some point:

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 24, 2013

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

joedevola posted:

What the gently caress I need this oh my god it's beautiful gently caress

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

echoplex posted:

What the gently caress I need this oh my god it's beautiful gently caress

Apparently it's a fan poster: http://silverferox.blogspot.com/2011/09/blade-runner-ridley-scott-1982.html

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Good, because that's exactly what it looks like.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I was worried that all this was some "that's the joke" stuff going over my head, because yes, that is a terrible poster in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It's lazy as poo poo. Quite frankly, it's lazier than those lovely minimalist posters. At least the minimalist pieces of poo poo have some degree of thought going into them.